|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15 Darwinism (1867-1868).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Trying to stop the English constructed rams is called what type of battle in "The Battle of the Rams"?
(a) A military battle.
(b) A diplomatic battle.
(c) A silent battle.
(d) The only battle.
2. What position does Henry Adams obtain at Harvard?
(a) Class Orator.
(b) Dean of Admissions.
(c) Resident Advisor.
(d) Class President.
3. Why does Henry Adams feel that study of the Law is closed to him?
(a) Because he does not respect the law.
(b) Because of his lack of knowledge of law.
(c) Because of his time spent in diplomacy.
(d) Because his grandfather was a bad lawyer.
4. How does the English Prime Minister try to turn Parliament against the United States in "Foes and Friends"?
(a) With blackmail.
(b) With a note.
(c) With a long speech.
(d) With money.
5. In "The Battle of the Rams", how is C.F. Adams' relationship with Lord Russell described?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of "Eccentricity", what does Henry Adams conclude about eccentricity?
2. During Chapter 2, "Boston", what plays the biggest role in Henry Adams' education?
3. What does Henry Adams begin to think about all politicians in "Political Morality"?
4. Why were Confederate cruisers able to escape British waters?
5. What happens to a letter Henry Adams wrote to his brother in "Diplomacy"?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)