Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 The Battle of the Rams (1863).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Henry Adams decide to join the Army?
(a) After the second battle of Bull Run.
(b) After the first battle of Bull Run.
(c) After Brooks talks him into it.
(d) After the Civil War ends.
2. What did Henry Adams' father's political party have to do to gain power?
(a) Move into the South.
(b) Deal making and compromises.
(c) Bribing people and secrets.
(d) Get enough votes in the primary.
3. Why were Confederate cruisers able to escape British waters?
(a) Because C.F. Adams distracted the guards.
(b) Because Lord Russell delayed action.
(c) Because Lord Russell told them to.
(d) Because C.F. Adams made a mistake.
4. After spending time in Europe, what does Henry Adams decide to do with this part of his education?
(a) End it and return home.
(b) Value it above all the other parts.
(c) Continue it for six more months.
(d) End it and travel to Asia.
5. What position does Lincoln give Charles Francis Adams?
(a) Minister to England.
(b) Personal assistant.
(c) Secretary of State.
(d) Supreme Court Justice.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Political Morality", what position is Henry Adams almost promoted to?
2. What political party does Henry Adams' father found?
3. Who is John Hay when Henry Adams first meets him?
4. What English company builds Ironclad rams?
5. What does Henry Adams do to learn German in "Berlin"?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)