Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 Foes and Friends (1862).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After spending time in Europe, what does Henry Adams decide to do with this part of his education?
(a) Continue it for six more months.
(b) End it and travel to Asia.
(c) End it and return home.
(d) Value it above all the other parts.
2. During Chapter 2, "Boston", what plays the biggest role in Henry Adams' education?
(a) Yale University.
(b) His father.
(c) Anti-slavery groups.
(d) The church.
3. What happens to a letter Henry Adams wrote to his brother in "Diplomacy"?
(a) It is read by his father instead.
(b) It is lost in the mail.
(c) It is turned into anti-war propaganda.
(d) It is printed by a paper and satarized.
4. What position does Henry Adams obtain at Harvard?
(a) Resident Advisor.
(b) Class President.
(c) Class Orator.
(d) Dean of Admissions.
5. How does Henry Adams feel about society in England?
(a) He says there are too many rules.
(b) He sees no point in it.
(c) He worships it.
(d) He thinks it is classier than American society.
Short Answer Questions
1. What position does Lincoln give Charles Francis Adams?
2. What does Henry Adams feel correlates with the winter?
3. What does Henry Adams do to learn German in "Berlin"?
4. How do the English feel about the Civil War?
5. What did the Free Soil Party get from the Democrats when a Democrat became governor of Massachusetts?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)