|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29 Vis Inertiae (1903).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the war in "Indian Summer" make Henry Adams wonder about?
(a) If Canada will be next.
(b) The development of weapons.
(c) If unity is possible.
(d) How to spend his leisure time.
2. What English company builds Ironclad rams?
(c) Russell, Inc.
3. In "Indian Summer", what country becomes allies with the United States in the war?
4. At the end of "Chaos", what will Henry Adams position at North American Review be?
(b) Staff writer.
5. What war breaks out in "Indian Summer"?
(a) The French-Indian War.
(b) The Spanish-American War.
(c) World War I.
(d) The War of 1812.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Henry Adams in "Indian Summer"?
2. Who else is involved in Henry Adams' journalistic investigation of the Gould scandal?
3. In "Washington", how does Henry Adams describe the South?
4. What does Henry Adams say every American woman did when presented with English manners?
5. Henry Adams says that even though he has looked at art in Art Museums he doesn't know what?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)