|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29 Vis Inertiae (1903).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the president of Harvard write Henry Adams a letter?
(a) To ask him for a donation.
(b) To ask him to give a speach.
(c) To ask him to get a law degree.
(d) To ask him to teach.
2. When Henry Adams returns to Boston in "Free Fight", what part of the scandal does he choose to write about?
(b) President Grant.
(c) Jay Gould.
3. Who else is involved in Henry Adams' journalistic investigation of the Gould scandal?
(a) C.F. Adams.
(b) Brooks Adams.
(c) Henry Boutwell.
(d) Frank Waller.
4. According to Henry Adams, how should a man's force be measured?
(a) By motion.
(b) By his bank account.
(c) By action.
(d) By other's opinions.
5. In 1900, what was the chief interest of Washington, DC?
(a) Its distance from New York.
(b) Its diversity of people.
(c) Its consolidation of power.
(d) Its recent influx of money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What turned the Civil War in favor of the Union?
2. How does Henry Adams interact with the elite society in "Foes and Friends"?
3. How are foreigners treated in English society?
4. How does the English Prime Minister try to turn Parliament against the United States in "Foes and Friends"?
5. How does Henry Adams feel about society in England?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)