|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29 Vis Inertiae (1903).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Harvard", how does Henry Adams describe his years at Harvard?
(a) Very boring.
(b) A period of bonding.
(c) The best preparation.
(d) A waste of time.
2. What does the war in "Indian Summer" make Henry Adams wonder about?
(a) If Canada will be next.
(b) The development of weapons.
(c) If unity is possible.
(d) How to spend his leisure time.
3. How long did the Adams go to Italy for?
(a) One month.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Six months.
4. In "Twenty Years After", when Henry Adams is ill in London, how does he describe his "old" education?
(a) Boring and slow.
(b) Poor and difficult.
(c) Hard to apply and worthless.
(d) Faulty and ill constructed.
5. How does Henry Adams feel about society in England?
(a) He thinks it is classier than American society.
(b) He says there are too many rules.
(c) He sees no point in it.
(d) He worships it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to a letter Henry Adams wrote to his brother in "Diplomacy"?
2. When Henry Adams returns to the United States in "Chaos", what does he discover about his articles?
3. When Henry Adams travels to Beyreuth, what has changed?
4. Why does Henry Adams feel that study of the Law is closed to him?
5. Where did Henry Adams go in "The Dynamo and The Virgin" to try to gain knowledge?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)