|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29 Vis Inertiae (1903).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry Adams feel about society in England?
(a) He worships it.
(b) He thinks it is classier than American society.
(c) He says there are too many rules.
(d) He sees no point in it.
2. When Henry Adams returns to Boston in "Free Fight", what part of the scandal does he choose to write about?
(a) Jay Gould.
(d) President Grant.
3. What English company builds Ironclad rams?
(b) Russell, Inc.
4. Trying to stop the English constructed rams is called what type of battle in "The Battle of the Rams"?
(a) A silent battle.
(b) A diplomatic battle.
(c) A military battle.
(d) The only battle.
5. What turned the Civil War in favor of the Union?
(a) Convincing the English to sell them ironclad rams.
(b) C.F. Adams' logic.
(c) Diplomatic victories in Canada.
(d) Victories at Gettysburg and Vicksburg.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is John Hay when Henry Adams first meets him?
2. When traveling with Mrs. Lodge, what does Henry Adams decide to label himself as?
3. Why do Henry Adams and his friends attend Harvard?
4. Who publishes Henry Adams' finished piece on the Gould scandal?
5. How old is Henry Adams in "Indian Summer"?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)