|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29 Vis Inertiae (1903).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are foreigners treated in English society?
(a) They are welcomed.
(b) They are examined closely.
(c) They are snubbed.
(d) They are tested.
2. In "Harvard", how does Henry Adams describe his years at Harvard?
(a) A period of bonding.
(b) A waste of time.
(c) The best preparation.
(d) Very boring.
3. What new age does Henry Adams find when he returns to the United States in "The Press"?
(a) An age governed by God.
(b) An age of chaos.
(c) An age powered by steam and coal.
(d) An age ruled by scientific reason.
4. What theory does Henry Adams begin to develop?
(a) Theory of force.
(b) Theory of gravity.
(c) Theory of inerta.
(d) Theory of movement.
5. What does Henry Adams say Russia is represented by?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry Adams say every American woman did when presented with English manners?
2. What did Henry Adams see the dynamo as a symbol of?
3. How long did the Adams go to Italy for?
4. What does Edinburgh Review do with Henry Adams' article on the Jay Gould scandal?
5. After returning from Europe, how does Henry Adams see the people of Washington, DC?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)