|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29 Vis Inertiae (1903).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry Adams think Russia could do because of its size?
(a) Build the longest railway in the world.
(b) Manufacture all its own goods.
(c) Run out of money to support its citizens.
(d) Crush other cultures and countries.
2. When Henry Adams returns to Boston in "Free Fight", what part of the scandal does he choose to write about?
(b) Jay Gould.
(c) President Grant.
3. What position does Lincoln give Charles Francis Adams?
(a) Minister to England.
(b) Supreme Court Justice.
(c) Secretary of State.
(d) Personal assistant.
4. What does Henry Adams begin to collect in "Dilettamtism"?
(b) Ancient artifacts.
5. Why does Henry Adams return to London in "Chaos"?
(a) He needed to escape Grant.
(b) Because he got a new job.
(c) To make sure his article was published.
(d) To go back to college.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Henry Adams in "Indian Summer"?
2. When Henry Adams travels to Beyreuth, what has changed?
3. When traveling with Mrs. Lodge, what does Henry Adams decide to label himself as?
4. What new age does Henry Adams find when he returns to the United States in "The Press"?
5. According to Henry Adams, how should a man's force be measured?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)