|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29 Vis Inertiae (1903).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the war in "Indian Summer" make Henry Adams wonder about?
(a) The development of weapons.
(b) How to spend his leisure time.
(c) If unity is possible.
(d) If Canada will be next.
2. Who does Henry Adams turn to in his investigation in the Gould scandal?
(a) North American Review.
(b) State Department.
(c) The Treasury.
(d) His brother, Brooks.
3. Henry Adams says that even though he has looked at art in Art Museums he doesn't know what?
(a) How to look at art exhibits in 1900.
(b) How to buy art as an investment.
(c) How to make his own art.
(d) How to analyze art.
4. When does Henry Adams say his education ended?
5. Where did Henry Adams go in "The Dynamo and The Virgin" to try to gain knowledge?
(b) The Great Exhibition.
(c) The Chicago Library.
(d) The Smithsonian.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Free Fight", why did the Executive Branch attack the Supreme Court?
2. Why does Henry Adams feel that study of the Law is closed to him?
3. What is Sumner trying to accomplish in regards to foreign policy in "Free Fight"?
4. What is the diplomatic crisis in "Vis Inertiae"?
5. What position does Lincoln give Charles Francis Adams?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)