|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29 Vis Inertiae (1903).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Henry Adams re-meet in Washington in "The Press"?
2. What is the diplomatic crisis in "Vis Inertiae"?
(a) War with France.
(b) Trade with Russia.
(c) Access to China.
(d) Travel to Germany.
3. In "The Battle of the Rams", why does Lord Russell often say he can not intervene?
(a) To prove that he is neutral.
(b) To get C.F. Adams on his side.
(c) To stall until the rams can be completed.
(d) To down play his power in the war.
4. In "The Perfection of Human Society", how does Henry Adams describe society that has no unity?
(a) It's like loose dogs in the street.
(b) It's like a maggot in cheese.
(c) It's like frogs that wandered into a pub.
(d) It's like children running the government.
5. What theory does Henry Adams begin to develop?
(a) Theory of movement.
(b) Theory of gravity.
(c) Theory of inerta.
(d) Theory of force.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to a letter Henry Adams wrote to his brother in "Diplomacy"?
2. How does the English Prime Minister try to turn Parliament against the United States in "Foes and Friends"?
3. In "Washington", how does Henry Adams describe the South?
4. How are foreigners treated in English society?
5. Why does Henry Adams feel that study of the Law is closed to him?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)