|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29 Vis Inertiae (1903).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry Adams interact with the elite society in "Foes and Friends"?
(a) He focuses too much on society and forgets about his education.
(b) His interactions convince them to side with him.
(c) He is too afraid to interact with them.
(d) His interactions are unsuccessful.
2. What country seems able to "roll over" Hay?
3. What seems to represent the future of the United States in "The Press"?
(a) The masses of poor people.
(b) The railroad.
(c) The typewriter.
(d) The forest.
4. In "Washington", how does Henry Adams describe the South?
(a) Rich and glitzy.
(b) Ragged and poor.
(c) Dusty and slow.
(d) Sunny and calm.
5. What does the war in "Indian Summer" make Henry Adams wonder about?
(a) If unity is possible.
(b) How to spend his leisure time.
(c) The development of weapons.
(d) If Canada will be next.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Indian Summer", what country becomes allies with the United States in the war?
2. In "Treason", who does Henry Adams say needs an education?
3. How did C.F. Adams' success in the Battle of the Rams impact his and Henry Adams' lives?
4. According to Henry Adams in "Vis Inertiae", what do all minds do?
5. In "Twenty Years After", when Henry Adams is ill in London, how does he describe his "old" education?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)