|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29 Vis Inertiae (1903).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chaos", what countries go to war?
(a) Germany and Ireland.
(b) Russia and Italy.
(c) France and Germany.
(d) Italy and Germany.
2. How did C.F. Adams' success in the Battle of the Rams impact his and Henry Adams' lives?
(a) They were granted a higher social position.
(b) They were kicked out of social clubs.
(c) They were given money as a reward.
(d) They earned titles in England.
3. What happens during the Adams' trip to Italy?
(a) The Legation ends.
(b) England is invaded.
(c) Johnson declares war.
(d) Lincoln is assassinated.
4. After returning from Europe, how does Henry Adams see the people of Washington, DC?
(a) Everyone seems changed.
(b) Everyone seems confused.
(c) Everyone seems to be anti-slavery.
(d) Everyone seems ignorant.
5. Who does Henry Adams turn to in his investigation in the Gould scandal?
(a) The Treasury.
(b) North American Review.
(c) His brother, Brooks.
(d) State Department.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of "The Abyss of Ignorance", how many books does Henry Adams say he will write?
2. Where does Henry Adams travel to first in "Teufelsdrtzck"?
3. What is the diplomatic crisis in "Vis Inertiae"?
4. How did Henry Adams describe his response to invitations to formal dinners in "The Perfection of Human Society"?
5. Where is Henry Adams celebrated in "The Battle of the Rams"?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)