|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29 Vis Inertiae (1903).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry Adams describe the bankers he works with in "The Press"?
(a) Worldly and experienced.
(b) Slow-witted but well meaning.
(c) Well-educated but dull.
(d) Narrow-minded and inflexible.
2. Who is John Hay when Henry Adams first meets him?
(a) A young, private secretary.
(b) A teacher.
(c) An old newspaper reporter.
(d) A new congressman.
3. In "Harvard", how does Henry Adams describe his years at Harvard?
(a) A period of bonding.
(b) Very boring.
(c) The best preparation.
(d) A waste of time.
4. What does Henry Adams say Russia is represented by?
5. Trying to stop the English constructed rams is called what type of battle in "The Battle of the Rams"?
(a) The only battle.
(b) A military battle.
(c) A silent battle.
(d) A diplomatic battle.
Short Answer Questions
1. When traveling with Mrs. Lodge, what does Henry Adams decide to label himself as?
2. Where does Henry Adams go to find work in "The Press"?
3. Who publishes Henry Adams' finished piece on the Gould scandal?
4. What is the diplomatic crisis in "Vis Inertiae"?
5. In "Twenty Years After", when Henry Adams is ill in London, how does he describe his "old" education?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)