|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29 Vis Inertiae (1903).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the English Prime Minister try to turn Parliament against the United States in "Foes and Friends"?
(a) With money.
(b) With a note.
(c) With blackmail.
(d) With a long speech.
2. Why do Henry Adams and his friends attend Harvard?
(a) Their fathers went there.
(b) They have free tuition.
(c) Good education.
(d) Social connections.
3. What country seems able to "roll over" Hay?
4. What does Henry Adams call "the last refuge of the educated poor"?
(a) Trade work.
(b) The law.
(c) The press.
5. Who does Henry Adams re-meet in Washington in "The Press"?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry Adams describe English society in "The Perfection of Human Society"?
2. How does Henry Adams feel about his voyage on the Teutonic?
3. What did Henry Adams' father's political party have to do to gain power?
4. How long did the Adams go to Italy for?
5. What new age does Henry Adams find when he returns to the United States in "The Press"?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)