|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29 Vis Inertiae (1903).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Abyss of Ignorance", Henry Adams says that philosophers have stood where for thousands of years?
(a) On the highest ground in town.
(b) On a cliff above the valley.
(c) On the shore of a sunless sea.
(d) On their toes.
2. When does Henry Adams say his education ended?
3. The dictionary says that inertia is a property of what?
4. What is the diplomatic crisis in "Vis Inertiae"?
(a) Access to China.
(b) War with France.
(c) Travel to Germany.
(d) Trade with Russia.
5. In "Indian Summer", what country becomes allies with the United States in the war?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Henry Adams in "Vis Inertiae", what do all minds do?
2. What is Sumner trying to accomplish in regards to foreign policy in "Free Fight"?
3. Where is Henry Adams celebrated in "The Battle of the Rams"?
4. Who is the English Foreign Secretary?
5. Who does Henry Adams re-meet in Washington in "The Press"?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)