|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29 Vis Inertiae (1903).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Henry Adams travels to Beyreuth, what has changed?
(a) The train.
(b) The romanticism.
(c) The languages people speak.
(d) The pollution.
2. What does Henry Adams have in common with his friend, Hay?
(a) They both wrote about American history.
(b) They both ran for political office.
(c) They both lost all their money.
(d) They both fought in only one war.
3. What country seems able to "roll over" Hay?
4. What did Langley teach Adams?
(a) About math.
(b) About motors.
(c) About steam power.
(d) About art.
5. In "Twenty Years After", when Henry Adams is ill in London, how does he describe his "old" education?
(a) Poor and difficult.
(b) Faulty and ill constructed.
(c) Hard to apply and worthless.
(d) Boring and slow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What position does Henry Adams obtain at Harvard?
2. Henry Adams says that even though he has looked at art in Art Museums he doesn't know what?
3. How does Charles Swinbourne awe Henry Adams?
4. What does the war in "Indian Summer" make Henry Adams wonder about?
5. When does Henry Adams decide to join the Army?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)