|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29 Vis Inertiae (1903).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Henry Adams and his friends attend Harvard?
(a) Social connections.
(b) Their fathers went there.
(c) Good education.
(d) They have free tuition.
2. Who publishes Henry Adams' finished piece on the Gould scandal?
(a) New York Times.
(b) English Monthly.
(c) Edinburgh Review.
(d) North American Review.
3. When does Henry Adams decide to join the Army?
(a) After Brooks talks him into it.
(b) After the first battle of Bull Run.
(c) After the second battle of Bull Run.
(d) After the Civil War ends.
4. Why does Henry Adams return to London in "Chaos"?
(a) He needed to escape Grant.
(b) Because he got a new job.
(c) To go back to college.
(d) To make sure his article was published.
5. What did Langley teach Adams?
(a) About math.
(b) About steam power.
(c) About motors.
(d) About art.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Twenty Years After", when Henry Adams is ill in London, how does he describe his "old" education?
2. What turned the Civil War in favor of the Union?
3. How does Charles Swinbourne awe Henry Adams?
4. What war breaks out in "Indian Summer"?
5. In "Washington", how does Henry Adams describe the South?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)