|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29 Vis Inertiae (1903).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry Adams feel about his voyage on the Teutonic?
(a) He says it was too long.
(b) He says it is a technological marvel.
(c) He says it was a sign of the past.
(d) He says he is suprised it floats.
2. How did Henry Adams describe his response to invitations to formal dinners in "The Perfection of Human Society"?
(a) He looked forward to them.
(b) He saved them.
(c) He returned them.
(d) He dreaded them.
3. What country seems able to "roll over" Hay?
4. When Henry Adams travels to Beyreuth, what has changed?
(a) The romanticism.
(b) The train.
(c) The languages people speak.
(d) The pollution.
5. Where is Henry Adams celebrated in "The Battle of the Rams"?
(a) Only in the United States.
(b) At the local pub.
(c) At a reception held by Milnes.
(d) In Lord Russell's office.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is John Hay when Henry Adams first meets him?
2. Why do Henry Adams and his friends attend Harvard?
3. In "Treason", who does Henry Adams say needs an education?
4. How does the English Prime Minister try to turn Parliament against the United States in "Foes and Friends"?
5. What did the Free Soil Party get from the Democrats when a Democrat became governor of Massachusetts?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)