|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29 Vis Inertiae (1903).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Henry Adams describe his response to invitations to formal dinners in "The Perfection of Human Society"?
(a) He returned them.
(b) He dreaded them.
(c) He saved them.
(d) He looked forward to them.
2. Where is Henry Adams celebrated in "The Battle of the Rams"?
(a) At a reception held by Milnes.
(b) Only in the United States.
(c) At the local pub.
(d) In Lord Russell's office.
3. What seems to represent the future of the United States in "The Press"?
(a) The typewriter.
(b) The railroad.
(c) The forest.
(d) The masses of poor people.
4. In "Washington", how does Henry Adams describe the South?
(a) Sunny and calm.
(b) Rich and glitzy.
(c) Ragged and poor.
(d) Dusty and slow.
5. What English company builds Ironclad rams?
(d) Russell, Inc.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Battle of the Rams", why does Lord Russell often say he can not intervene?
2. In "Free Fight", why did the Executive Branch attack the Supreme Court?
3. Where does Henry Adams travel to first in "Teufelsdrtzck"?
4. In "Indian Summer", who is chosen to be Secretary of State?
5. What position does Henry Adams obtain at Harvard?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)