|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29 Vis Inertiae (1903).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What war breaks out in "Indian Summer"?
(a) The French-Indian War.
(b) World War I.
(c) The Spanish-American War.
(d) The War of 1812.
2. How do the English feel about the Civil War?
(a) They are against the Union.
(b) They are in favor of the Union.
(c) They have no public opinion.
(d) They say they will form an alliance with whoever wins.
3. When Henry Adams returns to Boston in "Free Fight", what part of the scandal does he choose to write about?
(b) President Grant.
(d) Jay Gould.
4. Where did Henry Adams go in "The Dynamo and The Virgin" to try to gain knowledge?
(a) The Smithsonian.
(b) The Chicago Library.
(d) The Great Exhibition.
5. What seems to represent the future of the United States in "The Press"?
(a) The typewriter.
(b) The forest.
(c) The masses of poor people.
(d) The railroad.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Washington", how does Henry Adams describe the South?
2. In "Harvard", how does Henry Adams describe his years at Harvard?
3. What does Henry Adams have in common with his friend, Hay?
4. What does Henry Adams say Russia is represented by?
5. How does Henry Adams feel about society in England?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)