|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29 Vis Inertiae (1903).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Henry Adams return to London in "Chaos"?
(a) He needed to escape Grant.
(b) To go back to college.
(c) To make sure his article was published.
(d) Because he got a new job.
2. When Henry Adams returns to Boston in "Free Fight", what part of the scandal does he choose to write about?
(b) Jay Gould.
(c) President Grant.
3. Who is John Hay when Henry Adams first meets him?
(a) An old newspaper reporter.
(b) A new congressman.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A young, private secretary.
4. What does Henry Adams call "the last refuge of the educated poor"?
(b) The law.
(c) The press.
(d) Trade work.
5. What did the Free Soil Party get from the Democrats when a Democrat became governor of Massachusetts?
(a) A Senate seat.
(b) They got kicked out of Massachusetts.
(c) Five hundred dollars.
(d) A position in the Massachusetts courts.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry Adams feel about his voyage on the Teutonic?
2. Henry Adams says that unity is is a scientific analysis commonly called what?
3. How does Henry Adams describe "The Woman" in America?
4. What country seems able to "roll over" Hay?
5. How old is Henry Adams in "Indian Summer"?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)