|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29 Vis Inertiae (1903).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Henry Adams say his education ended?
2. How do the English feel about the Civil War?
(a) They say they will form an alliance with whoever wins.
(b) They are against the Union.
(c) They are in favor of the Union.
(d) They have no public opinion.
3. Who is the English Foreign Secretary?
(a) Lord Cambridge.
(b) Lord Russell.
(c) Lord Palmerston.
(d) Charles Adams.
4. How does Henry Adams interact with the elite society in "Foes and Friends"?
(a) His interactions convince them to side with him.
(b) He focuses too much on society and forgets about his education.
(c) His interactions are unsuccessful.
(d) He is too afraid to interact with them.
5. When Henry Adams returns to Boston in "Free Fight", what part of the scandal does he choose to write about?
(a) President Grant.
(c) Jay Gould.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Washington", how does Henry Adams describe the South?
2. How does the English Prime Minister try to turn Parliament against the United States in "Foes and Friends"?
3. What theory does Henry Adams begin to develop?
4. At the end of "The Abyss of Ignorance", how many books does Henry Adams say he will write?
5. When Henry Adams travels to Beyreuth, what has changed?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)