|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29 Vis Inertiae (1903).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Trying to stop the English constructed rams is called what type of battle in "The Battle of the Rams"?
(a) A diplomatic battle.
(b) A military battle.
(c) A silent battle.
(d) The only battle.
2. How old is Henry Adams in "Indian Summer"?
3. How do the English feel about the Civil War?
(a) They have no public opinion.
(b) They are in favor of the Union.
(c) They are against the Union.
(d) They say they will form an alliance with whoever wins.
4. How does Henry Adams describe the bankers he works with in "The Press"?
(a) Narrow-minded and inflexible.
(b) Worldly and experienced.
(c) Slow-witted but well meaning.
(d) Well-educated but dull.
5. How does Charles Swinbourne awe Henry Adams?
(a) With his haphazard way of dressing.
(b) With his poetry and conversation.
(c) With his newspaper articles.
(d) With his political ties.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Henry Adams and his friends attend Harvard?
2. What country seems able to "roll over" Hay?
3. What career does Henry Adams try to return to, but can't, in "Indian Summer"?
4. What does Henry Adams begin to collect in "Dilettamtism"?
5. What does Henry Adams call "the last refuge of the educated poor"?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)