|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29 Vis Inertiae (1903).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Henry Adams says that unity is is a scientific analysis commonly called what?
2. When does Henry Adams decide to join the Army?
(a) After the first battle of Bull Run.
(b) After Brooks talks him into it.
(c) After the Civil War ends.
(d) After the second battle of Bull Run.
3. Where does Henry Adams go to find work in "The Press"?
(a) Washington, D.C.
(d) New York City.
4. What does Henry Adams think Russia could do because of its size?
(a) Build the longest railway in the world.
(b) Run out of money to support its citizens.
(c) Crush other cultures and countries.
(d) Manufacture all its own goods.
5. The dictionary says that inertia is a property of what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What career does Henry Adams try to return to, but can't, in "Indian Summer"?
2. What new age does Henry Adams find when he returns to the United States in "The Press"?
3. How did C.F. Adams' success in the Battle of the Rams impact his and Henry Adams' lives?
4. What country seems able to "roll over" Hay?
5. What English company builds Ironclad rams?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)