|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29 Vis Inertiae (1903).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Harvard", how does Henry Adams describe his years at Harvard?
(a) A period of bonding.
(b) A waste of time.
(c) The best preparation.
(d) Very boring.
2. How are foreigners treated in English society?
(a) They are snubbed.
(b) They are welcomed.
(c) They are tested.
(d) They are examined closely.
3. In "The Perfection of Human Society", how does Henry Adams describe society that has no unity?
(a) It's like a maggot in cheese.
(b) It's like frogs that wandered into a pub.
(c) It's like children running the government.
(d) It's like loose dogs in the street.
4. What does Henry Adams have in common with his friend, Hay?
(a) They both ran for political office.
(b) They both lost all their money.
(c) They both wrote about American history.
(d) They both fought in only one war.
5. According to Henry Adams in "Vis Inertiae", what do all minds do?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Treason", who does Henry Adams say needs an education?
2. In "Chaos", what countries go to war?
3. Who does Henry Adams re-meet in Washington in "The Press"?
4. When Henry Adams travels to Beyreuth, what has changed?
5. Where does Henry Adams go to find work in "The Press"?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)