|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29 Vis Inertiae (1903).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Twenty Years After", who is running for presidency?
2. What does Henry Adams have in common with his friend, Hay?
(a) They both wrote about American history.
(b) They both ran for political office.
(c) They both fought in only one war.
(d) They both lost all their money.
3. Why does Henry Adams feel that study of the Law is closed to him?
(a) Because of his time spent in diplomacy.
(b) Because his grandfather was a bad lawyer.
(c) Because he does not respect the law.
(d) Because of his lack of knowledge of law.
4. How did Henry Adams describe his response to invitations to formal dinners in "The Perfection of Human Society"?
(a) He dreaded them.
(b) He saved them.
(c) He returned them.
(d) He looked forward to them.
5. How does Henry Adams feel about society in England?
(a) He worships it.
(b) He sees no point in it.
(c) He says there are too many rules.
(d) He thinks it is classier than American society.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry Adams describe English society in "The Perfection of Human Society"?
2. After returning from Europe, how does Henry Adams see the people of Washington, DC?
3. How does the English Prime Minister try to turn Parliament against the United States in "Foes and Friends"?
4. Where did Henry Adams go in "The Dynamo and The Virgin" to try to gain knowledge?
5. According to Henry Adams, how should a man's force be measured?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)