|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29 Vis Inertiae (1903).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Henry Adams describe his response to invitations to formal dinners in "The Perfection of Human Society"?
(a) He returned them.
(b) He saved them.
(c) He dreaded them.
(d) He looked forward to them.
2. How do the English feel about the Civil War?
(a) They have no public opinion.
(b) They are in favor of the Union.
(c) They say they will form an alliance with whoever wins.
(d) They are against the Union.
3. In "Treason", who does Henry Adams say needs an education?
(a) Abraham Lincoln.
(c) John Hay.
(d) Charles Sumner.
4. In "The Battle of the Rams", how is C.F. Adams' relationship with Lord Russell described?
5. What war breaks out in "Indian Summer"?
(a) The Spanish-American War.
(b) The War of 1812.
(c) World War I.
(d) The French-Indian War.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did C.F. Adams' success in the Battle of the Rams impact his and Henry Adams' lives?
2. What new age does Henry Adams find when he returns to the United States in "The Press"?
3. Why does Henry Adams feel that study of the Law is closed to him?
4. In "Washington", how does Henry Adams describe the South?
5. When Henry Adams travels to Beyreuth, what has changed?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)