|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29 Vis Inertiae (1903).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who replaced their minister in London in "Vis Inertiae"?
(b) The Chinese Prime Minister.
(d) The Kaiser.
2. In "The Perfection of Human Society", how does Henry Adams describe society that has no unity?
(a) It's like loose dogs in the street.
(b) It's like children running the government.
(c) It's like frogs that wandered into a pub.
(d) It's like a maggot in cheese.
3. According to Henry Adams in "Vis Inertiae", what do all minds do?
4. At the end of "The Abyss of Ignorance", how many books does Henry Adams say he will write?
5. What does Henry Adams call "the last refuge of the educated poor"?
(a) The press.
(b) The law.
(d) Trade work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry Adams say Russia is represented by?
2. How does Henry Adams feel about society in England?
3. How are foreigners treated in English society?
4. What new age does Henry Adams find when he returns to the United States in "The Press"?
5. What does Henry Adams begin to collect in "Dilettamtism"?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)