|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29 Vis Inertiae (1903).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did the Adams go to Italy for?
(a) One month.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Six months.
2. What new age does Henry Adams find when he returns to the United States in "The Press"?
(a) An age governed by God.
(b) An age powered by steam and coal.
(c) An age ruled by scientific reason.
(d) An age of chaos.
3. How does Henry Adams describe "The Woman" in America?
4. What is the diplomatic crisis in "Vis Inertiae"?
(a) War with France.
(b) Trade with Russia.
(c) Travel to Germany.
(d) Access to China.
5. Henry Adams says that unity is is a scientific analysis commonly called what?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Henry Adams returns to the United States in "Chaos", what does he discover about his articles?
2. According to Henry Adams, how should a man's force be measured?
3. What does Henry Adams say every American woman did when presented with English manners?
4. In "The Abyss of Ignorance", Henry Adams says that philosophers have stood where for thousands of years?
5. What does Henry Adams say Stockholm is pressed by?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)