|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29 Vis Inertiae (1903).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Henry Adams go in "The Dynamo and The Virgin" to try to gain knowledge?
(a) The Chicago Library.
(c) The Great Exhibition.
(d) The Smithsonian.
2. What did Langley teach Adams?
(a) About art.
(b) About steam power.
(c) About math.
(d) About motors.
3. Why does the president of Harvard write Henry Adams a letter?
(a) To ask him to give a speach.
(b) To ask him to get a law degree.
(c) To ask him for a donation.
(d) To ask him to teach.
4. In "Chaos", what countries go to war?
(a) Italy and Germany.
(b) Germany and Ireland.
(c) Russia and Italy.
(d) France and Germany.
5. At the end of "Chaos", what will Henry Adams position at North American Review be?
(c) Staff writer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Henry Adams says that unity is is a scientific analysis commonly called what?
2. When Henry Adams travels to Beyreuth, what has changed?
3. How long did the Adams go to Italy for?
4. According to Henry Adams in "Vis Inertiae", what do all minds do?
5. What English company builds Ironclad rams?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)