|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29 Vis Inertiae (1903).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Twenty Years After", when Henry Adams is ill in London, how does he describe his "old" education?
(a) Boring and slow.
(b) Hard to apply and worthless.
(c) Faulty and ill constructed.
(d) Poor and difficult.
2. What position does Henry Adams obtain at Harvard?
(a) Class Orator.
(b) Dean of Admissions.
(c) Class President.
(d) Resident Advisor.
3. Who else is involved in Henry Adams' journalistic investigation of the Gould scandal?
(a) Brooks Adams.
(b) C.F. Adams.
(c) Henry Boutwell.
(d) Frank Waller.
4. What does Henry Adams begin to collect in "Dilettamtism"?
(b) Ancient artifacts.
5. What career does Henry Adams try to return to, but can't, in "Indian Summer"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry Adams say Stockholm is pressed by?
2. When does Henry Adams say his education ended?
3. Henry Adams says that even though he has looked at art in Art Museums he doesn't know what?
4. What theory does Henry Adams begin to develop?
5. In "The Perfection of Human Society", how does Henry Adams describe society that has no unity?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)