|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29 Vis Inertiae (1903).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry Adams say Russia is represented by?
2. In "The Battle of the Rams", why does Lord Russell often say he can not intervene?
(a) To get C.F. Adams on his side.
(b) To stall until the rams can be completed.
(c) To down play his power in the war.
(d) To prove that he is neutral.
3. How did Henry Adams describe his response to invitations to formal dinners in "The Perfection of Human Society"?
(a) He looked forward to them.
(b) He dreaded them.
(c) He returned them.
(d) He saved them.
4. What country seems able to "roll over" Hay?
5. Henry Adams says that even though he has looked at art in Art Museums he doesn't know what?
(a) How to make his own art.
(b) How to analyze art.
(c) How to look at art exhibits in 1900.
(d) How to buy art as an investment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who replaced their minister in London in "Vis Inertiae"?
2. What position does Lincoln give Charles Francis Adams?
3. Who else is involved in Henry Adams' journalistic investigation of the Gould scandal?
4. What new age does Henry Adams find when he returns to the United States in "The Press"?
5. What did the Free Soil Party get from the Democrats when a Democrat became governor of Massachusetts?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)