|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 The Perfection of Human Society (1864).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Henry Adams' father's political party have to do to gain power?
(a) Bribing people and secrets.
(b) Move into the South.
(c) Get enough votes in the primary.
(d) Deal making and compromises.
2. What position does Henry Adams obtain at Harvard?
(a) Dean of Admissions.
(b) Class Orator.
(c) Resident Advisor.
(d) Class President.
3. Why do Henry Adams and his friends attend Harvard?
(a) Social connections.
(b) Their fathers went there.
(c) They have free tuition.
(d) Good education.
4. In "Treason", who does Henry Adams say needs an education?
(a) Charles Sumner.
(b) Abraham Lincoln.
(c) John Hay.
5. Trying to stop the English constructed rams is called what type of battle in "The Battle of the Rams"?
(a) A diplomatic battle.
(b) A silent battle.
(c) The only battle.
(d) A military battle.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Henry Adams describe his response to invitations to formal dinners in "The Perfection of Human Society"?
2. When does Henry Adams decide to join the Army?
3. How does Henry Adams describe English society in "The Perfection of Human Society"?
4. How does the English Prime Minister try to turn Parliament against the United States in "Foes and Friends"?
5. What did the Free Soil Party get from the Democrats when a Democrat became governor of Massachusetts?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)