|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 The Perfection of Human Society (1864).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry Adams feel about society in England?
(a) He thinks it is classier than American society.
(b) He worships it.
(c) He says there are too many rules.
(d) He sees no point in it.
2. How does Henry Adams interact with the elite society in "Foes and Friends"?
(a) His interactions convince them to side with him.
(b) His interactions are unsuccessful.
(c) He focuses too much on society and forgets about his education.
(d) He is too afraid to interact with them.
3. Why do Henry Adams and his friends attend Harvard?
(a) Good education.
(b) Their fathers went there.
(c) Social connections.
(d) They have free tuition.
4. What happens to a letter Henry Adams wrote to his brother in "Diplomacy"?
(a) It is printed by a paper and satarized.
(b) It is lost in the mail.
(c) It is read by his father instead.
(d) It is turned into anti-war propaganda.
5. What position does Henry Adams obtain at Harvard?
(a) Class President.
(b) Dean of Admissions.
(c) Class Orator.
(d) Resident Advisor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What turned the Civil War in favor of the Union?
2. In "The Battle of the Rams", why does Lord Russell often say he can not intervene?
3. In "The Perfection of Human Society", how does Henry Adams describe society that has no unity?
4. In "Harvard", how does Henry Adams describe his years at Harvard?
5. How are foreigners treated in English society?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)