|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 The Perfection of Human Society (1864).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Henry Adams describe his response to invitations to formal dinners in "The Perfection of Human Society"?
(a) He dreaded them.
(b) He saved them.
(c) He looked forward to them.
(d) He returned them.
2. What English company builds Ironclad rams?
(c) Russell, Inc.
3. How does Charles Swinbourne awe Henry Adams?
(a) With his newspaper articles.
(b) With his poetry and conversation.
(c) With his haphazard way of dressing.
(d) With his political ties.
4. In "The Battle of the Rams", how is C.F. Adams' relationship with Lord Russell described?
5. In "The Perfection of Human Society", how does Henry Adams describe society that has no unity?
(a) It's like frogs that wandered into a pub.
(b) It's like children running the government.
(c) It's like loose dogs in the street.
(d) It's like a maggot in cheese.
Short Answer Questions
1. After returning from Europe, how does Henry Adams see the people of Washington, DC?
2. Who is the English Foreign Secretary?
3. What does Henry Adams say every American woman did when presented with English manners?
4. How do the English feel about the Civil War?
5. Trying to stop the English constructed rams is called what type of battle in "The Battle of the Rams"?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)