|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 The Perfection of Human Society (1864).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the English Prime Minister try to turn Parliament against the United States in "Foes and Friends"?
(a) With blackmail.
(b) With a long speech.
(c) With a note.
(d) With money.
2. How does Henry Adams describe English society in "The Perfection of Human Society"?
(a) Forward thinking.
3. What did Henry Adams' father's political party have to do to gain power?
(a) Deal making and compromises.
(b) Bribing people and secrets.
(c) Get enough votes in the primary.
(d) Move into the South.
4. How do the English feel about the Civil War?
(a) They are against the Union.
(b) They have no public opinion.
(c) They say they will form an alliance with whoever wins.
(d) They are in favor of the Union.
5. In "The Perfection of Human Society", how does Henry Adams describe society that has no unity?
(a) It's like frogs that wandered into a pub.
(b) It's like children running the government.
(c) It's like a maggot in cheese.
(d) It's like loose dogs in the street.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Harvard", how does Henry Adams describe his years at Harvard?
2. What position does Lincoln give Charles Francis Adams?
3. What English company builds Ironclad rams?
4. How are foreigners treated in English society?
5. How does Henry Adams interact with the elite society in "Foes and Friends"?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)