|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 The Perfection of Human Society (1864).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Trying to stop the English constructed rams is called what type of battle in "The Battle of the Rams"?
(a) The only battle.
(b) A military battle.
(c) A diplomatic battle.
(d) A silent battle.
2. In "Treason", who does Henry Adams say needs an education?
(b) Charles Sumner.
(c) John Hay.
(d) Abraham Lincoln.
3. What did Henry Adams' father's political party have to do to gain power?
(a) Get enough votes in the primary.
(b) Deal making and compromises.
(c) Bribing people and secrets.
(d) Move into the South.
4. What did the Free Soil Party get from the Democrats when a Democrat became governor of Massachusetts?
(a) A position in the Massachusetts courts.
(b) They got kicked out of Massachusetts.
(c) Five hundred dollars.
(d) A Senate seat.
5. What turned the Civil War in favor of the Union?
(a) Convincing the English to sell them ironclad rams.
(b) Victories at Gettysburg and Vicksburg.
(c) C.F. Adams' logic.
(d) Diplomatic victories in Canada.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Battle of the Rams", why does Lord Russell often say he can not intervene?
2. In "Washington", how does Henry Adams describe the South?
3. In "The Perfection of Human Society", how does Henry Adams describe society that has no unity?
4. Why do Henry Adams and his friends attend Harvard?
5. What does Henry Adams say every American woman did when presented with English manners?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)