|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 The Perfection of Human Society (1864).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What English company builds Ironclad rams?
(c) Russell, Inc.
2. In "The Perfection of Human Society", how does Henry Adams describe society that has no unity?
(a) It's like frogs that wandered into a pub.
(b) It's like children running the government.
(c) It's like a maggot in cheese.
(d) It's like loose dogs in the street.
3. How does Charles Swinbourne awe Henry Adams?
(a) With his poetry and conversation.
(b) With his newspaper articles.
(c) With his haphazard way of dressing.
(d) With his political ties.
4. What happens to a letter Henry Adams wrote to his brother in "Diplomacy"?
(a) It is read by his father instead.
(b) It is lost in the mail.
(c) It is printed by a paper and satarized.
(d) It is turned into anti-war propaganda.
5. How does Henry Adams feel about society in England?
(a) He worships it.
(b) He says there are too many rules.
(c) He sees no point in it.
(d) He thinks it is classier than American society.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry Adams describe English society in "The Perfection of Human Society"?
2. What position does Henry Adams obtain at Harvard?
3. How does the English Prime Minister try to turn Parliament against the United States in "Foes and Friends"?
4. Trying to stop the English constructed rams is called what type of battle in "The Battle of the Rams"?
5. In "The Battle of the Rams", how is C.F. Adams' relationship with Lord Russell described?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)