|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 The Perfection of Human Society (1864).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Free Soil Party get from the Democrats when a Democrat became governor of Massachusetts?
(a) A Senate seat.
(b) A position in the Massachusetts courts.
(c) They got kicked out of Massachusetts.
(d) Five hundred dollars.
2. What does Henry Adams say every American woman did when presented with English manners?
(a) They fit in perfectly.
(b) They rose in rebellion against them.
(c) They blended them with American manners.
(d) They shied away from the complex rules.
3. Why do Henry Adams and his friends attend Harvard?
(a) Good education.
(b) Their fathers went there.
(c) Social connections.
(d) They have free tuition.
4. After returning from Europe, how does Henry Adams see the people of Washington, DC?
(a) Everyone seems ignorant.
(b) Everyone seems changed.
(c) Everyone seems confused.
(d) Everyone seems to be anti-slavery.
5. How does Henry Adams interact with the elite society in "Foes and Friends"?
(a) His interactions convince them to side with him.
(b) He focuses too much on society and forgets about his education.
(c) His interactions are unsuccessful.
(d) He is too afraid to interact with them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the English feel about the Civil War?
2. What position does Henry Adams obtain at Harvard?
3. How are foreigners treated in English society?
4. In "Harvard", how does Henry Adams describe his years at Harvard?
5. What did Henry Adams' father's political party have to do to gain power?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)