|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 The Perfection of Human Society (1864).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What English company builds Ironclad rams?
(b) Russell, Inc.
2. Who is John Hay when Henry Adams first meets him?
(a) An old newspaper reporter.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A young, private secretary.
(d) A new congressman.
3. How does Henry Adams describe English society in "The Perfection of Human Society"?
(d) Forward thinking.
4. In "Harvard", how does Henry Adams describe his years at Harvard?
(a) A waste of time.
(b) Very boring.
(c) The best preparation.
(d) A period of bonding.
5. In "Treason", who does Henry Adams say needs an education?
(b) Charles Sumner.
(c) John Hay.
(d) Abraham Lincoln.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to a letter Henry Adams wrote to his brother in "Diplomacy"?
2. Trying to stop the English constructed rams is called what type of battle in "The Battle of the Rams"?
3. Who is the English Foreign Secretary?
4. When does Henry Adams decide to join the Army?
5. How are foreigners treated in English society?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)