|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 The Perfection of Human Society (1864).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Henry Adams' father's political party have to do to gain power?
(a) Deal making and compromises.
(b) Get enough votes in the primary.
(c) Bribing people and secrets.
(d) Move into the South.
2. In "Treason", who does Henry Adams say needs an education?
(a) John Hay.
(c) Charles Sumner.
(d) Abraham Lincoln.
3. Where is Henry Adams celebrated in "The Battle of the Rams"?
(a) At the local pub.
(b) Only in the United States.
(c) In Lord Russell's office.
(d) At a reception held by Milnes.
4. Who is the English Foreign Secretary?
(a) Lord Russell.
(b) Lord Cambridge.
(c) Lord Palmerston.
(d) Charles Adams.
5. How does Charles Swinbourne awe Henry Adams?
(a) With his poetry and conversation.
(b) With his haphazard way of dressing.
(c) With his political ties.
(d) With his newspaper articles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What English company builds Ironclad rams?
2. In "Washington", how does Henry Adams describe the South?
3. In "Harvard", how does Henry Adams describe his years at Harvard?
4. Trying to stop the English constructed rams is called what type of battle in "The Battle of the Rams"?
5. What position does Lincoln give Charles Francis Adams?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)