|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 The Perfection of Human Society (1864).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Trying to stop the English constructed rams is called what type of battle in "The Battle of the Rams"?
(a) A silent battle.
(b) A military battle.
(c) A diplomatic battle.
(d) The only battle.
2. What does Henry Adams say every American woman did when presented with English manners?
(a) They blended them with American manners.
(b) They rose in rebellion against them.
(c) They fit in perfectly.
(d) They shied away from the complex rules.
3. What position does Henry Adams obtain at Harvard?
(a) Class President.
(b) Class Orator.
(c) Dean of Admissions.
(d) Resident Advisor.
4. How are foreigners treated in English society?
(a) They are tested.
(b) They are snubbed.
(c) They are welcomed.
(d) They are examined closely.
5. How does Henry Adams feel about society in England?
(a) He thinks it is classier than American society.
(b) He worships it.
(c) He sees no point in it.
(d) He says there are too many rules.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to a letter Henry Adams wrote to his brother in "Diplomacy"?
2. Why do Henry Adams and his friends attend Harvard?
3. In "Treason", who does Henry Adams say needs an education?
4. After returning from Europe, how does Henry Adams see the people of Washington, DC?
5. What position does Lincoln give Charles Francis Adams?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)