|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 The Perfection of Human Society (1864).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Free Soil Party get from the Democrats when a Democrat became governor of Massachusetts?
(a) Five hundred dollars.
(b) A position in the Massachusetts courts.
(c) A Senate seat.
(d) They got kicked out of Massachusetts.
2. How does Charles Swinbourne awe Henry Adams?
(a) With his poetry and conversation.
(b) With his political ties.
(c) With his newspaper articles.
(d) With his haphazard way of dressing.
3. In "The Perfection of Human Society", how does Henry Adams describe society that has no unity?
(a) It's like loose dogs in the street.
(b) It's like a maggot in cheese.
(c) It's like frogs that wandered into a pub.
(d) It's like children running the government.
4. Where is Henry Adams celebrated in "The Battle of the Rams"?
(a) At the local pub.
(b) At a reception held by Milnes.
(c) In Lord Russell's office.
(d) Only in the United States.
5. In "The Battle of the Rams", how is C.F. Adams' relationship with Lord Russell described?
Short Answer Questions
1. After returning from Europe, how does Henry Adams see the people of Washington, DC?
2. How did C.F. Adams' success in the Battle of the Rams impact his and Henry Adams' lives?
3. What did Henry Adams' father's political party have to do to gain power?
4. In "Harvard", how does Henry Adams describe his years at Harvard?
5. In "Treason", who does Henry Adams say needs an education?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)