|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 The Perfection of Human Society (1864).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What English company builds Ironclad rams?
(b) Russell, Inc.
2. How did Henry Adams describe his response to invitations to formal dinners in "The Perfection of Human Society"?
(a) He returned them.
(b) He saved them.
(c) He dreaded them.
(d) He looked forward to them.
3. Why do Henry Adams and his friends attend Harvard?
(a) Good education.
(b) Their fathers went there.
(c) They have free tuition.
(d) Social connections.
4. Where is Henry Adams celebrated in "The Battle of the Rams"?
(a) At a reception held by Milnes.
(b) In Lord Russell's office.
(c) Only in the United States.
(d) At the local pub.
5. Who is John Hay when Henry Adams first meets him?
(a) An old newspaper reporter.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A new congressman.
(d) A young, private secretary.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry Adams feel about society in England?
2. In "The Perfection of Human Society", how does Henry Adams describe society that has no unity?
3. What turned the Civil War in favor of the Union?
4. In "Washington", how does Henry Adams describe the South?
5. In "The Battle of the Rams", why does Lord Russell often say he can not intervene?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)