|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 The Perfection of Human Society (1864).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Henry Adams decide to join the Army?
(a) After the Civil War ends.
(b) After the first battle of Bull Run.
(c) After the second battle of Bull Run.
(d) After Brooks talks him into it.
2. What position does Henry Adams obtain at Harvard?
(a) Class Orator.
(b) Dean of Admissions.
(c) Resident Advisor.
(d) Class President.
3. How does Henry Adams feel about society in England?
(a) He sees no point in it.
(b) He worships it.
(c) He says there are too many rules.
(d) He thinks it is classier than American society.
4. How do the English feel about the Civil War?
(a) They say they will form an alliance with whoever wins.
(b) They are against the Union.
(c) They are in favor of the Union.
(d) They have no public opinion.
5. What did the Free Soil Party get from the Democrats when a Democrat became governor of Massachusetts?
(a) Five hundred dollars.
(b) A Senate seat.
(c) They got kicked out of Massachusetts.
(d) A position in the Massachusetts courts.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did C.F. Adams' success in the Battle of the Rams impact his and Henry Adams' lives?
2. How does Charles Swinbourne awe Henry Adams?
3. Who is the English Foreign Secretary?
4. How are foreigners treated in English society?
5. What did Henry Adams' father's political party have to do to gain power?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)