|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 The Perfection of Human Society (1864).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After returning from Europe, how does Henry Adams see the people of Washington, DC?
(a) Everyone seems ignorant.
(b) Everyone seems changed.
(c) Everyone seems to be anti-slavery.
(d) Everyone seems confused.
2. Who is the English Foreign Secretary?
(a) Lord Palmerston.
(b) Charles Adams.
(c) Lord Russell.
(d) Lord Cambridge.
3. In "Treason", who does Henry Adams say needs an education?
(a) Charles Sumner.
(b) Abraham Lincoln.
(c) John Hay.
4. How are foreigners treated in English society?
(a) They are snubbed.
(b) They are examined closely.
(c) They are welcomed.
(d) They are tested.
5. Why do Henry Adams and his friends attend Harvard?
(a) Social connections.
(b) Their fathers went there.
(c) They have free tuition.
(d) Good education.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry Adams feel about society in England?
2. How does Henry Adams interact with the elite society in "Foes and Friends"?
3. How did C.F. Adams' success in the Battle of the Rams impact his and Henry Adams' lives?
4. Trying to stop the English constructed rams is called what type of battle in "The Battle of the Rams"?
5. What did the Free Soil Party get from the Democrats when a Democrat became governor of Massachusetts?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)