|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 The Perfection of Human Society (1864).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Henry Adams decide to join the Army?
(a) After Brooks talks him into it.
(b) After the Civil War ends.
(c) After the second battle of Bull Run.
(d) After the first battle of Bull Run.
2. After returning from Europe, how does Henry Adams see the people of Washington, DC?
(a) Everyone seems to be anti-slavery.
(b) Everyone seems confused.
(c) Everyone seems ignorant.
(d) Everyone seems changed.
3. What did Henry Adams' father's political party have to do to gain power?
(a) Bribing people and secrets.
(b) Deal making and compromises.
(c) Move into the South.
(d) Get enough votes in the primary.
4. How does Henry Adams interact with the elite society in "Foes and Friends"?
(a) His interactions are unsuccessful.
(b) His interactions convince them to side with him.
(c) He is too afraid to interact with them.
(d) He focuses too much on society and forgets about his education.
5. In "Harvard", how does Henry Adams describe his years at Harvard?
(a) A period of bonding.
(b) The best preparation.
(c) Very boring.
(d) A waste of time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What position does Henry Adams obtain at Harvard?
2. In "Washington", how does Henry Adams describe the South?
3. How does Henry Adams describe English society in "The Perfection of Human Society"?
4. Who is the English Foreign Secretary?
5. What English company builds Ironclad rams?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)