|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 The Perfection of Human Society (1864).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the English Prime Minister try to turn Parliament against the United States in "Foes and Friends"?
(a) With a note.
(b) With blackmail.
(c) With a long speech.
(d) With money.
2. What did Henry Adams' father's political party have to do to gain power?
(a) Bribing people and secrets.
(b) Deal making and compromises.
(c) Get enough votes in the primary.
(d) Move into the South.
3. What turned the Civil War in favor of the Union?
(a) Diplomatic victories in Canada.
(b) Victories at Gettysburg and Vicksburg.
(c) C.F. Adams' logic.
(d) Convincing the English to sell them ironclad rams.
4. When does Henry Adams decide to join the Army?
(a) After the first battle of Bull Run.
(b) After the Civil War ends.
(c) After the second battle of Bull Run.
(d) After Brooks talks him into it.
5. How does Henry Adams feel about society in England?
(a) He thinks it is classier than American society.
(b) He sees no point in it.
(c) He worships it.
(d) He says there are too many rules.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Treason", who does Henry Adams say needs an education?
2. How does Henry Adams interact with the elite society in "Foes and Friends"?
3. How do the English feel about the Civil War?
4. How does Charles Swinbourne awe Henry Adams?
5. Trying to stop the English constructed rams is called what type of battle in "The Battle of the Rams"?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)