|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 The Perfection of Human Society (1864).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Henry Adams decide to join the Army?
(a) After the Civil War ends.
(b) After the first battle of Bull Run.
(c) After the second battle of Bull Run.
(d) After Brooks talks him into it.
2. What did the Free Soil Party get from the Democrats when a Democrat became governor of Massachusetts?
(a) They got kicked out of Massachusetts.
(b) Five hundred dollars.
(c) A Senate seat.
(d) A position in the Massachusetts courts.
3. What happens to a letter Henry Adams wrote to his brother in "Diplomacy"?
(a) It is lost in the mail.
(b) It is read by his father instead.
(c) It is turned into anti-war propaganda.
(d) It is printed by a paper and satarized.
4. In "The Battle of the Rams", why does Lord Russell often say he can not intervene?
(a) To prove that he is neutral.
(b) To stall until the rams can be completed.
(c) To get C.F. Adams on his side.
(d) To down play his power in the war.
5. How does the English Prime Minister try to turn Parliament against the United States in "Foes and Friends"?
(a) With a long speech.
(b) With a note.
(c) With blackmail.
(d) With money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Henry Adams' father's political party have to do to gain power?
2. In "The Perfection of Human Society", how does Henry Adams describe society that has no unity?
3. What English company builds Ironclad rams?
4. What position does Lincoln give Charles Francis Adams?
5. In "The Battle of the Rams", how is C.F. Adams' relationship with Lord Russell described?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)