|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 The Perfection of Human Society (1864).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What English company builds Ironclad rams?
(d) Russell, Inc.
2. Who is John Hay when Henry Adams first meets him?
(a) An old newspaper reporter.
(b) A new congressman.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A young, private secretary.
3. Who is the English Foreign Secretary?
(a) Charles Adams.
(b) Lord Russell.
(c) Lord Palmerston.
(d) Lord Cambridge.
4. In "Washington", how does Henry Adams describe the South?
(a) Rich and glitzy.
(b) Dusty and slow.
(c) Sunny and calm.
(d) Ragged and poor.
5. How did Henry Adams describe his response to invitations to formal dinners in "The Perfection of Human Society"?
(a) He saved them.
(b) He returned them.
(c) He dreaded them.
(d) He looked forward to them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the English Prime Minister try to turn Parliament against the United States in "Foes and Friends"?
2. Why do Henry Adams and his friends attend Harvard?
3. What does Henry Adams say every American woman did when presented with English manners?
4. What did Henry Adams' father's political party have to do to gain power?
5. In "Harvard", how does Henry Adams describe his years at Harvard?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)