|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 The Perfection of Human Society (1864).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did C.F. Adams' success in the Battle of the Rams impact his and Henry Adams' lives?
(a) They were kicked out of social clubs.
(b) They were given money as a reward.
(c) They were granted a higher social position.
(d) They earned titles in England.
2. In "The Battle of the Rams", how is C.F. Adams' relationship with Lord Russell described?
3. When does Henry Adams decide to join the Army?
(a) After the second battle of Bull Run.
(b) After the Civil War ends.
(c) After the first battle of Bull Run.
(d) After Brooks talks him into it.
4. After returning from Europe, how does Henry Adams see the people of Washington, DC?
(a) Everyone seems to be anti-slavery.
(b) Everyone seems changed.
(c) Everyone seems confused.
(d) Everyone seems ignorant.
5. In "Treason", who does Henry Adams say needs an education?
(b) John Hay.
(c) Abraham Lincoln.
(d) Charles Sumner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry Adams say every American woman did when presented with English manners?
2. What position does Lincoln give Charles Francis Adams?
3. What did the Free Soil Party get from the Democrats when a Democrat became governor of Massachusetts?
4. What happens to a letter Henry Adams wrote to his brother in "Diplomacy"?
5. How did Henry Adams describe his response to invitations to formal dinners in "The Perfection of Human Society"?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)