|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 The Perfection of Human Society (1864).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry Adams say every American woman did when presented with English manners?
(a) They blended them with American manners.
(b) They rose in rebellion against them.
(c) They fit in perfectly.
(d) They shied away from the complex rules.
2. How does Henry Adams describe English society in "The Perfection of Human Society"?
(b) Forward thinking.
3. What position does Lincoln give Charles Francis Adams?
(a) Secretary of State.
(b) Personal assistant.
(c) Minister to England.
(d) Supreme Court Justice.
4. Trying to stop the English constructed rams is called what type of battle in "The Battle of the Rams"?
(a) A diplomatic battle.
(b) A silent battle.
(c) A military battle.
(d) The only battle.
5. How does Henry Adams feel about society in England?
(a) He sees no point in it.
(b) He thinks it is classier than American society.
(c) He says there are too many rules.
(d) He worships it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Henry Adams describe his response to invitations to formal dinners in "The Perfection of Human Society"?
2. How does Charles Swinbourne awe Henry Adams?
3. When does Henry Adams decide to join the Army?
4. How are foreigners treated in English society?
5. What did Henry Adams' father's political party have to do to gain power?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)