Four Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29 Vis Inertiae (1903).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of "Chaos", what will Henry Adams position at North American Review be?
(a) Staff writer.
2. Who is the English Foreign Secretary?
(a) Charles Adams.
(b) Lord Russell.
(c) Lord Palmerston.
(d) Lord Cambridge.
3. What does Henry Adams think Russia could do because of its size?
(a) Build the longest railway in the world.
(b) Manufacture all its own goods.
(c) Crush other cultures and countries.
(d) Run out of money to support its citizens.
4. What problem does Henry Adams try to solve with Everts?
(a) The problem of Investor Relations.
(b) The problem of Legal Tender.
(c) The problem of the Stock Market.
(d) The problem of Foreign Press.
5. Why does the president of Harvard write Henry Adams a letter?
(a) To ask him to teach.
(b) To ask him for a donation.
(c) To ask him to get a law degree.
(d) To ask him to give a speach.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the war in "Indian Summer" make Henry Adams wonder about?
2. After returning from Europe, how does Henry Adams see the people of Washington, DC?
3. Who else is involved in Henry Adams' journalistic investigation of the Gould scandal?
4. In "Free Fight", why did the Executive Branch attack the Supreme Court?
5. Why does Henry Adams feel that study of the Law is closed to him?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)