|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 The Perfection of Human Society (1864).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Charles Swinbourne awe Henry Adams?
(a) With his haphazard way of dressing.
(b) With his poetry and conversation.
(c) With his newspaper articles.
(d) With his political ties.
2. In "Harvard", how does Henry Adams describe his years at Harvard?
(a) The best preparation.
(b) A period of bonding.
(c) Very boring.
(d) A waste of time.
3. In "The Battle of the Rams", why does Lord Russell often say he can not intervene?
(a) To prove that he is neutral.
(b) To stall until the rams can be completed.
(c) To down play his power in the war.
(d) To get C.F. Adams on his side.
4. How does Henry Adams feel about society in England?
(a) He says there are too many rules.
(b) He sees no point in it.
(c) He worships it.
(d) He thinks it is classier than American society.
5. Where is Henry Adams celebrated in "The Battle of the Rams"?
(a) In Lord Russell's office.
(b) At a reception held by Milnes.
(c) Only in the United States.
(d) At the local pub.
Short Answer Questions
1. What turned the Civil War in favor of the Union?
2. What did the Free Soil Party get from the Democrats when a Democrat became governor of Massachusetts?
3. How do the English feel about the Civil War?
4. How are foreigners treated in English society?
5. In "Treason", who does Henry Adams say needs an education?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)