|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 Twenty Years After (1892).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry Adams feel about his voyage on the Teutonic?
(a) He says it was too long.
(b) He says it was a sign of the past.
(c) He says it is a technological marvel.
(d) He says he is suprised it floats.
2. In "Twenty Years After", when Henry Adams is ill in London, how does he describe his "old" education?
(a) Faulty and ill constructed.
(b) Boring and slow.
(c) Hard to apply and worthless.
(d) Poor and difficult.
3. Who is John Hay when Henry Adams first meets him?
(a) A young, private secretary.
(b) An old newspaper reporter.
(c) A new congressman.
(d) A teacher.
4. Where is Henry Adams celebrated in "The Battle of the Rams"?
(a) In Lord Russell's office.
(b) At a reception held by Milnes.
(c) Only in the United States.
(d) At the local pub.
5. What turned the Civil War in favor of the Union?
(a) Diplomatic victories in Canada.
(b) Convincing the English to sell them ironclad rams.
(c) C.F. Adams' logic.
(d) Victories at Gettysburg and Vicksburg.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry Adams begin to collect in "Dilettamtism"?
2. What happens to a letter Henry Adams wrote to his brother in "Diplomacy"?
3. Why does Henry Adams feel that study of the Law is closed to him?
4. Who else is involved in Henry Adams' journalistic investigation of the Gould scandal?
5. What English company builds Ironclad rams?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)