|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 Twenty Years After (1892).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who publishes Henry Adams' finished piece on the Gould scandal?
(a) English Monthly.
(b) North American Review.
(c) New York Times.
(d) Edinburgh Review.
2. After returning from Europe, how does Henry Adams see the people of Washington, DC?
(a) Everyone seems to be anti-slavery.
(b) Everyone seems confused.
(c) Everyone seems ignorant.
(d) Everyone seems changed.
3. In "The Battle of the Rams", how is C.F. Adams' relationship with Lord Russell described?
4. In "The Battle of the Rams", why does Lord Russell often say he can not intervene?
(a) To prove that he is neutral.
(b) To stall until the rams can be completed.
(c) To get C.F. Adams on his side.
(d) To down play his power in the war.
5. What is Sumner trying to accomplish in regards to foreign policy in "Free Fight"?
(a) To have control of Mexico.
(b) To purchase the Virgin Islands.
(c) To start trade with Britain.
(d) To have control of Canada.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry Adams begin to collect in "Dilettamtism"?
2. Who else is involved in Henry Adams' journalistic investigation of the Gould scandal?
3. Who is John Hay when Henry Adams first meets him?
4. What English company builds Ironclad rams?
5. Who does Henry Adams write a few articles for?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)