|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 Twenty Years After (1892).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Henry Adams celebrated in "The Battle of the Rams"?
(a) Only in the United States.
(b) At the local pub.
(c) At a reception held by Milnes.
(d) In Lord Russell's office.
2. How does Henry Adams feel about society in England?
(a) He sees no point in it.
(b) He thinks it is classier than American society.
(c) He says there are too many rules.
(d) He worships it.
3. What English company builds Ironclad rams?
(d) Russell, Inc.
4. In "Treason", who does Henry Adams say needs an education?
(a) Charles Sumner.
(b) John Hay.
(c) Abraham Lincoln.
5. In "Twenty Years After", when Henry Adams is ill in London, how does he describe his "old" education?
(a) Hard to apply and worthless.
(b) Poor and difficult.
(c) Boring and slow.
(d) Faulty and ill constructed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Henry Adams write a few articles for?
2. What does Henry Adams call "the last refuge of the educated poor"?
3. In "Twenty Years After", Henry Adams says the world is no longer what?
4. What happens to a letter Henry Adams wrote to his brother in "Diplomacy"?
5. How long did the Adams go to Italy for?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)