|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 Twenty Years After (1892).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens during the Adams' trip to Italy?
(a) Lincoln is assassinated.
(b) England is invaded.
(c) Johnson declares war.
(d) The Legation ends.
2. In "Twenty Years After", Henry Adams says the world is no longer what?
3. What does Henry Adams call "the last refuge of the educated poor"?
(b) The press.
(c) The law.
(d) Trade work.
4. Trying to stop the English constructed rams is called what type of battle in "The Battle of the Rams"?
(a) A silent battle.
(b) A military battle.
(c) A diplomatic battle.
(d) The only battle.
5. Where is Henry Adams celebrated in "The Battle of the Rams"?
(a) At a reception held by Milnes.
(b) Only in the United States.
(c) At the local pub.
(d) In Lord Russell's office.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Henry Adams returns to Boston in "Free Fight", what part of the scandal does he choose to write about?
2. What happens to a letter Henry Adams wrote to his brother in "Diplomacy"?
3. In "The Battle of the Rams", how is C.F. Adams' relationship with Lord Russell described?
4. What is Sumner trying to accomplish in regards to foreign policy in "Free Fight"?
5. How does Henry Adams feel about society in England?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)