|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 Twenty Years After (1892).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Henry Adams feel that study of the Law is closed to him?
(a) Because his grandfather was a bad lawyer.
(b) Because of his lack of knowledge of law.
(c) Because he does not respect the law.
(d) Because of his time spent in diplomacy.
2. Who else is involved in Henry Adams' journalistic investigation of the Gould scandal?
(a) C.F. Adams.
(b) Henry Boutwell.
(c) Frank Waller.
(d) Brooks Adams.
3. In "Treason", who does Henry Adams say needs an education?
(a) Abraham Lincoln.
(b) John Hay.
(c) Charles Sumner.
4. Who is John Hay when Henry Adams first meets him?
(a) A young, private secretary.
(b) An old newspaper reporter.
(c) A new congressman.
(d) A teacher.
5. What happens to a letter Henry Adams wrote to his brother in "Diplomacy"?
(a) It is turned into anti-war propaganda.
(b) It is read by his father instead.
(c) It is lost in the mail.
(d) It is printed by a paper and satarized.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry Adams feel about society in England?
2. What English company builds Ironclad rams?
3. In "Free Fight", why did the Executive Branch attack the Supreme Court?
4. Who does Henry Adams turn to in his investigation in the Gould scandal?
5. What is Sumner trying to accomplish in regards to foreign policy in "Free Fight"?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)