|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 Twenty Years After (1892).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Free Fight", why did the Executive Branch attack the Supreme Court?
(a) Term Limits.
(b) Frank Waller.
(c) Legal Tender.
(d) Gold Standard.
2. How does Henry Adams feel about his voyage on the Teutonic?
(a) He says it is a technological marvel.
(b) He says it was a sign of the past.
(c) He says he is suprised it floats.
(d) He says it was too long.
3. Who does Henry Adams write a few articles for?
(a) Washington Post.
(b) British Isles Review.
(c) North American Review.
(d) Italian Monthly.
4. How does Henry Adams feel about society in England?
(a) He worships it.
(b) He says there are too many rules.
(c) He thinks it is classier than American society.
(d) He sees no point in it.
5. What does Henry Adams begin to collect in "Dilettamtism"?
(a) Ancient artifacts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sumner trying to accomplish in regards to foreign policy in "Free Fight"?
2. In "Twenty Years After", when Henry Adams is ill in London, how does he describe his "old" education?
3. What turned the Civil War in favor of the Union?
4. Why does Henry Adams feel that study of the Law is closed to him?
5. Who does Henry Adams turn to in his investigation in the Gould scandal?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)