|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 Twenty Years After (1892).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is John Hay when Henry Adams first meets him?
(a) A new congressman.
(b) An old newspaper reporter.
(c) A young, private secretary.
(d) A teacher.
2. What happens to a letter Henry Adams wrote to his brother in "Diplomacy"?
(a) It is printed by a paper and satarized.
(b) It is read by his father instead.
(c) It is turned into anti-war propaganda.
(d) It is lost in the mail.
3. How does Henry Adams feel about his voyage on the Teutonic?
(a) He says it was too long.
(b) He says it is a technological marvel.
(c) He says he is suprised it floats.
(d) He says it was a sign of the past.
4. What does Henry Adams call "the last refuge of the educated poor"?
(a) The law.
(b) Trade work.
(d) The press.
5. How long did the Adams go to Italy for?
(a) Six months.
(b) One month.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Six weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry Adams begin to collect in "Dilettamtism"?
2. Who else is involved in Henry Adams' journalistic investigation of the Gould scandal?
3. Who publishes Henry Adams' finished piece on the Gould scandal?
4. What does Henry Adams have in common with his friend, Hay?
5. In "The Battle of the Rams", why does Lord Russell often say he can not intervene?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)