|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 Twenty Years After (1892).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens during the Adams' trip to Italy?
(a) Johnson declares war.
(b) The Legation ends.
(c) Lincoln is assassinated.
(d) England is invaded.
2. What is Sumner trying to accomplish in regards to foreign policy in "Free Fight"?
(a) To purchase the Virgin Islands.
(b) To have control of Mexico.
(c) To start trade with Britain.
(d) To have control of Canada.
3. When does Henry Adams say his education ended?
4. What does Henry Adams begin to collect in "Dilettamtism"?
(d) Ancient artifacts.
5. In "The Battle of the Rams", why does Lord Russell often say he can not intervene?
(a) To prove that he is neutral.
(b) To get C.F. Adams on his side.
(c) To down play his power in the war.
(d) To stall until the rams can be completed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What position does Lincoln give Charles Francis Adams?
2. What does Henry Adams have in common with his friend, Hay?
3. Who is John Hay when Henry Adams first meets him?
4. When Henry Adams returns to Boston in "Free Fight", what part of the scandal does he choose to write about?
5. In "Twenty Years After", Henry Adams says the world is no longer what?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)