|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 Twenty Years After (1892).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is John Hay when Henry Adams first meets him?
(a) A young, private secretary.
(b) A teacher.
(c) An old newspaper reporter.
(d) A new congressman.
2. In "The Battle of the Rams", how is C.F. Adams' relationship with Lord Russell described?
3. Who does Henry Adams write a few articles for?
(a) Italian Monthly.
(b) North American Review.
(c) British Isles Review.
(d) Washington Post.
4. What happens to a letter Henry Adams wrote to his brother in "Diplomacy"?
(a) It is printed by a paper and satarized.
(b) It is lost in the mail.
(c) It is turned into anti-war propaganda.
(d) It is read by his father instead.
5. What position does Lincoln give Charles Francis Adams?
(a) Minister to England.
(b) Secretary of State.
(c) Personal assistant.
(d) Supreme Court Justice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry Adams call "the last refuge of the educated poor"?
2. Who does Henry Adams turn to in his investigation in the Gould scandal?
3. How does Henry Adams feel about society in England?
4. In "Twenty Years After", when Henry Adams is ill in London, how does he describe his "old" education?
5. Why does Henry Adams feel that study of the Law is closed to him?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)