|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 Twenty Years After (1892).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry Adams have in common with his friend, Hay?
(a) They both wrote about American history.
(b) They both ran for political office.
(c) They both fought in only one war.
(d) They both lost all their money.
2. In "The Battle of the Rams", why does Lord Russell often say he can not intervene?
(a) To down play his power in the war.
(b) To stall until the rams can be completed.
(c) To get C.F. Adams on his side.
(d) To prove that he is neutral.
3. What is Sumner trying to accomplish in regards to foreign policy in "Free Fight"?
(a) To purchase the Virgin Islands.
(b) To have control of Mexico.
(c) To have control of Canada.
(d) To start trade with Britain.
4. In "The Battle of the Rams", how is C.F. Adams' relationship with Lord Russell described?
5. What does Henry Adams call "the last refuge of the educated poor"?
(b) The law.
(c) Trade work.
(d) The press.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Henry Adams feel that study of the Law is closed to him?
2. What position does Lincoln give Charles Francis Adams?
3. How does Henry Adams feel about society in England?
4. What English company builds Ironclad rams?
5. What happens to a letter Henry Adams wrote to his brother in "Diplomacy"?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)