|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 Twenty Years After (1892).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens during the Adams' trip to Italy?
(a) England is invaded.
(b) The Legation ends.
(c) Lincoln is assassinated.
(d) Johnson declares war.
2. What does Henry Adams have in common with his friend, Hay?
(a) They both ran for political office.
(b) They both fought in only one war.
(c) They both wrote about American history.
(d) They both lost all their money.
3. How long did the Adams go to Italy for?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) One month.
(c) Six weeks.
(d) Six months.
4. In "Twenty Years After", Henry Adams says the world is no longer what?
5. In "Twenty Years After", who is running for presidency?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who else is involved in Henry Adams' journalistic investigation of the Gould scandal?
2. When Henry Adams returns to Boston in "Free Fight", what part of the scandal does he choose to write about?
3. Where is Henry Adams celebrated in "The Battle of the Rams"?
4. What does Henry Adams begin to collect in "Dilettamtism"?
5. Who does Henry Adams turn to in his investigation in the Gould scandal?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)