|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 Twenty Years After (1892).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Henry Adams turn to in his investigation in the Gould scandal?
(a) State Department.
(b) North American Review.
(c) The Treasury.
(d) His brother, Brooks.
2. How does Henry Adams feel about his voyage on the Teutonic?
(a) He says it was too long.
(b) He says he is suprised it floats.
(c) He says it was a sign of the past.
(d) He says it is a technological marvel.
3. What happens during the Adams' trip to Italy?
(a) Lincoln is assassinated.
(b) The Legation ends.
(c) England is invaded.
(d) Johnson declares war.
4. What turned the Civil War in favor of the Union?
(a) Diplomatic victories in Canada.
(b) Victories at Gettysburg and Vicksburg.
(c) Convincing the English to sell them ironclad rams.
(d) C.F. Adams' logic.
5. Why does Henry Adams feel that study of the Law is closed to him?
(a) Because of his time spent in diplomacy.
(b) Because he does not respect the law.
(c) Because his grandfather was a bad lawyer.
(d) Because of his lack of knowledge of law.
Short Answer Questions
1. After returning from Europe, how does Henry Adams see the people of Washington, DC?
2. What position does Lincoln give Charles Francis Adams?
3. What is Sumner trying to accomplish in regards to foreign policy in "Free Fight"?
4. In "Free Fight", why did the Executive Branch attack the Supreme Court?
5. What English company builds Ironclad rams?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)