|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 Twenty Years After (1892).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Twenty Years After", who is running for presidency?
2. What does Henry Adams call "the last refuge of the educated poor"?
(b) The law.
(c) The press.
(d) Trade work.
3. Who is John Hay when Henry Adams first meets him?
(a) A young, private secretary.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A new congressman.
(d) An old newspaper reporter.
4. How does Henry Adams feel about his voyage on the Teutonic?
(a) He says it was a sign of the past.
(b) He says he is suprised it floats.
(c) He says it was too long.
(d) He says it is a technological marvel.
5. How long did the Adams go to Italy for?
(a) Six months.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) One month.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Henry Adams write a few articles for?
2. In "The Battle of the Rams", why does Lord Russell often say he can not intervene?
3. After returning from Europe, how does Henry Adams see the people of Washington, DC?
4. What does Henry Adams begin to collect in "Dilettamtism"?
5. What happens to a letter Henry Adams wrote to his brother in "Diplomacy"?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)