|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 Twenty Years After (1892).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Battle of the Rams", how is C.F. Adams' relationship with Lord Russell described?
2. When Henry Adams returns to Boston in "Free Fight", what part of the scandal does he choose to write about?
(a) President Grant.
(c) Jay Gould.
3. Who else is involved in Henry Adams' journalistic investigation of the Gould scandal?
(a) Brooks Adams.
(b) Henry Boutwell.
(c) Frank Waller.
(d) C.F. Adams.
4. In "Twenty Years After", when Henry Adams is ill in London, how does he describe his "old" education?
(a) Faulty and ill constructed.
(b) Boring and slow.
(c) Hard to apply and worthless.
(d) Poor and difficult.
5. How does Henry Adams feel about his voyage on the Teutonic?
(a) He says it was a sign of the past.
(b) He says he is suprised it floats.
(c) He says it was too long.
(d) He says it is a technological marvel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry Adams have in common with his friend, Hay?
2. What does Henry Adams begin to collect in "Dilettamtism"?
3. In "Twenty Years After", who is running for presidency?
4. What happens to a letter Henry Adams wrote to his brother in "Diplomacy"?
5. How does Henry Adams feel about society in England?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)