|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 Twenty Years After (1892).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who else is involved in Henry Adams' journalistic investigation of the Gould scandal?
(a) Henry Boutwell.
(b) Brooks Adams.
(c) Frank Waller.
(d) C.F. Adams.
2. How does Henry Adams feel about society in England?
(a) He thinks it is classier than American society.
(b) He says there are too many rules.
(c) He worships it.
(d) He sees no point in it.
3. What does Henry Adams have in common with his friend, Hay?
(a) They both fought in only one war.
(b) They both wrote about American history.
(c) They both ran for political office.
(d) They both lost all their money.
4. When does Henry Adams say his education ended?
5. Who does Henry Adams turn to in his investigation in the Gould scandal?
(a) His brother, Brooks.
(b) North American Review.
(c) The Treasury.
(d) State Department.
Short Answer Questions
1. What English company builds Ironclad rams?
2. In "Twenty Years After", Henry Adams says the world is no longer what?
3. In "Twenty Years After", when Henry Adams is ill in London, how does he describe his "old" education?
4. Who does Henry Adams write a few articles for?
5. Trying to stop the English constructed rams is called what type of battle in "The Battle of the Rams"?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)