|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 Twenty Years After (1892).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry Adams have in common with his friend, Hay?
(a) They both fought in only one war.
(b) They both wrote about American history.
(c) They both ran for political office.
(d) They both lost all their money.
2. In "The Battle of the Rams", why does Lord Russell often say he can not intervene?
(a) To get C.F. Adams on his side.
(b) To prove that he is neutral.
(c) To stall until the rams can be completed.
(d) To down play his power in the war.
3. How long did the Adams go to Italy for?
(a) One month.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Six weeks.
(d) Six months.
4. Why does Henry Adams feel that study of the Law is closed to him?
(a) Because his grandfather was a bad lawyer.
(b) Because of his lack of knowledge of law.
(c) Because he does not respect the law.
(d) Because of his time spent in diplomacy.
5. After returning from Europe, how does Henry Adams see the people of Washington, DC?
(a) Everyone seems ignorant.
(b) Everyone seems changed.
(c) Everyone seems to be anti-slavery.
(d) Everyone seems confused.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Henry Adams write a few articles for?
2. What does Henry Adams call "the last refuge of the educated poor"?
3. In "Twenty Years After", Henry Adams says the world is no longer what?
4. What position does Lincoln give Charles Francis Adams?
5. Who does Henry Adams turn to in his investigation in the Gould scandal?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)