|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 Twenty Years After (1892).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry Adams call "the last refuge of the educated poor"?
(a) The press.
(c) The law.
(d) Trade work.
2. In "Twenty Years After", who is running for presidency?
3. In "The Battle of the Rams", why does Lord Russell often say he can not intervene?
(a) To stall until the rams can be completed.
(b) To down play his power in the war.
(c) To prove that he is neutral.
(d) To get C.F. Adams on his side.
4. In "Twenty Years After", when Henry Adams is ill in London, how does he describe his "old" education?
(a) Poor and difficult.
(b) Faulty and ill constructed.
(c) Boring and slow.
(d) Hard to apply and worthless.
5. What does Henry Adams have in common with his friend, Hay?
(a) They both fought in only one war.
(b) They both wrote about American history.
(c) They both lost all their money.
(d) They both ran for political office.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry Adams begin to collect in "Dilettamtism"?
2. In "Twenty Years After", Henry Adams says the world is no longer what?
3. What happens during the Adams' trip to Italy?
4. Who does Henry Adams write a few articles for?
5. Who publishes Henry Adams' finished piece on the Gould scandal?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)