|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 Twenty Years After (1892).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry Adams begin to collect in "Dilettamtism"?
(d) Ancient artifacts.
2. When does Henry Adams say his education ended?
3. Who is John Hay when Henry Adams first meets him?
(a) A young, private secretary.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A new congressman.
(d) An old newspaper reporter.
4. What turned the Civil War in favor of the Union?
(a) C.F. Adams' logic.
(b) Diplomatic victories in Canada.
(c) Victories at Gettysburg and Vicksburg.
(d) Convincing the English to sell them ironclad rams.
5. When Henry Adams returns to Boston in "Free Fight", what part of the scandal does he choose to write about?
(c) Jay Gould.
(d) President Grant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sumner trying to accomplish in regards to foreign policy in "Free Fight"?
2. Who publishes Henry Adams' finished piece on the Gould scandal?
3. How does Henry Adams feel about society in England?
4. What position does Lincoln give Charles Francis Adams?
5. Who does Henry Adams turn to in his investigation in the Gould scandal?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)