|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 Twenty Years After (1892).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry Adams begin to collect in "Dilettamtism"?
(b) Ancient artifacts.
2. What is Sumner trying to accomplish in regards to foreign policy in "Free Fight"?
(a) To have control of Mexico.
(b) To start trade with Britain.
(c) To have control of Canada.
(d) To purchase the Virgin Islands.
3. After returning from Europe, how does Henry Adams see the people of Washington, DC?
(a) Everyone seems to be anti-slavery.
(b) Everyone seems changed.
(c) Everyone seems confused.
(d) Everyone seems ignorant.
4. What position does Lincoln give Charles Francis Adams?
(a) Supreme Court Justice.
(b) Secretary of State.
(c) Minister to England.
(d) Personal assistant.
5. Why does Henry Adams feel that study of the Law is closed to him?
(a) Because he does not respect the law.
(b) Because of his lack of knowledge of law.
(c) Because of his time spent in diplomacy.
(d) Because his grandfather was a bad lawyer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What English company builds Ironclad rams?
2. How long did the Adams go to Italy for?
3. In "Twenty Years After", Henry Adams says the world is no longer what?
4. In "The Battle of the Rams", why does Lord Russell often say he can not intervene?
5. In "Free Fight", why did the Executive Branch attack the Supreme Court?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)