|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 Twenty Years After (1892).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Twenty Years After", who is running for presidency?
2. When does Henry Adams say his education ended?
3. How does Henry Adams feel about his voyage on the Teutonic?
(a) He says he is suprised it floats.
(b) He says it was too long.
(c) He says it is a technological marvel.
(d) He says it was a sign of the past.
4. What position does Lincoln give Charles Francis Adams?
(a) Secretary of State.
(b) Personal assistant.
(c) Supreme Court Justice.
(d) Minister to England.
5. After returning from Europe, how does Henry Adams see the people of Washington, DC?
(a) Everyone seems to be anti-slavery.
(b) Everyone seems confused.
(c) Everyone seems changed.
(d) Everyone seems ignorant.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Free Fight", why did the Executive Branch attack the Supreme Court?
2. Who else is involved in Henry Adams' journalistic investigation of the Gould scandal?
3. In "Twenty Years After", Henry Adams says the world is no longer what?
4. How long did the Adams go to Italy for?
5. How does Henry Adams feel about society in England?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)