|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 Twenty Years After (1892).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did the Adams go to Italy for?
(a) Six months.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) One month.
2. What happens to a letter Henry Adams wrote to his brother in "Diplomacy"?
(a) It is read by his father instead.
(b) It is turned into anti-war propaganda.
(c) It is lost in the mail.
(d) It is printed by a paper and satarized.
3. In "Free Fight", why did the Executive Branch attack the Supreme Court?
(a) Legal Tender.
(b) Term Limits.
(c) Gold Standard.
(d) Frank Waller.
4. Where is Henry Adams celebrated in "The Battle of the Rams"?
(a) In Lord Russell's office.
(b) At a reception held by Milnes.
(c) Only in the United States.
(d) At the local pub.
5. Who publishes Henry Adams' finished piece on the Gould scandal?
(a) New York Times.
(b) Edinburgh Review.
(c) English Monthly.
(d) North American Review.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Henry Adams turn to in his investigation in the Gould scandal?
2. In "Treason", who does Henry Adams say needs an education?
3. Why does Henry Adams feel that study of the Law is closed to him?
4. In "Twenty Years After", when Henry Adams is ill in London, how does he describe his "old" education?
5. Trying to stop the English constructed rams is called what type of battle in "The Battle of the Rams"?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)