|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27 The Height of Knowledge (1902).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did the Lairds choose to represent them?
(d) C.F. Adams.
2. When Henry Adams returns to the United States in "Chaos", what does he discover about his articles?
(a) They were successful.
(b) They were never printed.
(c) They were ridiculed.
(d) They were full of errors.
3. In "Eccentricity", how does Henry Adams describe Bright?
4. According to Henry Adams in Chapter 12, who seems to be eccentric?
(a) Nearly everyone in England.
(b) The Lords and Ladies.
(c) His new group of artist friends.
(d) The Confederates.
5. Who does Henry Adams say the social eccentrics sympathize with?
(a) No one.
(b) The political eccentrics.
(c) American eccentrics.
(d) Members of Parliament.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of "Chaos", what will Henry Adams position at North American Review be?
2. In "Eccentricity", what does Henry Adams say is the beginning and end of political education?
3. Who does Henry Adams compare Theodore Roosevelt to?
4. How does Henry Adams say America takes tragedy in "The Height of Knowledge"?
5. In "The Height of Knowledge", what happens to President McKinley?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)