|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27 The Height of Knowledge (1902).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Henry Adams compare Theodore Roosevelt to?
2. How does Henry Adams say America takes tragedy in "The Height of Knowledge"?
(d) With a grain of salt.
3. In "Eccentricity", how does Henry Adams describe Bright?
4. How does Hay primarily use his power as Secretary of State?
(a) Pushing for war.
(b) Creating treaties and alliances.
(c) Petitioning for new laws and regulations.
(d) Taking vacations overseas.
5. Why does the president of Harvard write Henry Adams a letter?
(a) To ask him to teach.
(b) To ask him for a donation.
(c) To ask him to give a speach.
(d) To ask him to get a law degree.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chaos", what countries go to war?
2. According to Henry Adams in Chapter 12, who seems to be eccentric?
3. Who does Henry Adams say the social eccentrics sympathize with?
4. What thought does Henry Adams distrust?
5. In "The Height of Knowledge", what happens to President McKinley?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)