|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27 The Height of Knowledge (1902).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry Adams say America takes tragedy in "The Height of Knowledge"?
(b) With a grain of salt.
2. Who did the Lairds choose to represent them?
(b) C.F. Adams.
3. What does Hay's work as Secretary of State remind Henry Adams?
4. In "Chaos", what countries go to war?
(a) France and Germany.
(b) Italy and Germany.
(c) Russia and Italy.
(d) Germany and Ireland.
5. Why does the president of Harvard write Henry Adams a letter?
(a) To ask him to get a law degree.
(b) To ask him for a donation.
(c) To ask him to teach.
(d) To ask him to give a speach.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hay primarily use his power as Secretary of State?
2. In "Eccentricity", how does Henry Adams describe Bright?
3. When Henry Adams returns to the United States in "Chaos", what does he discover about his articles?
4. At the end of "Chaos", what will Henry Adams position at North American Review be?
5. Who does Henry Adams compare Theodore Roosevelt to?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)