|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27 The Height of Knowledge (1902).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Height of Knowledge", what happens to President McKinley?
(a) He is assassinated.
(b) He is re-elected.
(c) He resigns.
(d) He loses the election.
2. Why does Henry Adams return to London in "Chaos"?
(a) To go back to college.
(b) Because he got a new job.
(c) He needed to escape Grant.
(d) To make sure his article was published.
3. When Henry Adams returns to the United States in "Chaos", what does he discover about his articles?
(a) They were never printed.
(b) They were successful.
(c) They were full of errors.
(d) They were ridiculed.
4. How does Hay primarily use his power as Secretary of State?
(a) Petitioning for new laws and regulations.
(b) Taking vacations overseas.
(c) Creating treaties and alliances.
(d) Pushing for war.
5. At the end of "Eccentricity", what does Henry Adams conclude about eccentricity?
(a) That it is a joke.
(b) That it is weakness.
(c) That it is all a lie.
(d) That it is strength.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Henry Adams say the social eccentrics sympathize with?
2. Why does the president of Harvard write Henry Adams a letter?
3. In "Eccentricity", how does Henry Adams describe Bright?
4. According to Henry Adams in Chapter 12, who seems to be eccentric?
5. How does Henry Adams say America takes tragedy in "The Height of Knowledge"?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)