|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27 The Height of Knowledge (1902).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What thought does Henry Adams distrust?
2. In "Eccentricity", how does Henry Adams describe Bright?
3. When Henry Adams returns to the United States in "Chaos", what does he discover about his articles?
(a) They were successful.
(b) They were never printed.
(c) They were ridiculed.
(d) They were full of errors.
4. Why does Henry Adams return to London in "Chaos"?
(a) To make sure his article was published.
(b) He needed to escape Grant.
(c) Because he got a new job.
(d) To go back to college.
5. Why does the president of Harvard write Henry Adams a letter?
(a) To ask him to give a speach.
(b) To ask him to get a law degree.
(c) To ask him for a donation.
(d) To ask him to teach.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hay's work as Secretary of State remind Henry Adams?
2. What does Edinburgh Review do with Henry Adams' article on the Jay Gould scandal?
3. In "Chaos", what countries go to war?
4. At the end of "Eccentricity", what does Henry Adams conclude about eccentricity?
5. Who did the Lairds choose to represent them?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)