|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27 The Height of Knowledge (1902).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hay's work as Secretary of State remind Henry Adams?
2. According to Henry Adams in Chapter 12, who seems to be eccentric?
(a) Nearly everyone in England.
(b) The Confederates.
(c) His new group of artist friends.
(d) The Lords and Ladies.
3. When Henry Adams returns to the United States in "Chaos", what does he discover about his articles?
(a) They were successful.
(b) They were never printed.
(c) They were full of errors.
(d) They were ridiculed.
4. What thought does Henry Adams distrust?
5. Who did the Lairds choose to represent them?
(c) C.F. Adams.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chaos", what countries go to war?
2. In "Eccentricity", how does Henry Adams describe Bright?
3. What does Edinburgh Review do with Henry Adams' article on the Jay Gould scandal?
4. Why does the president of Harvard write Henry Adams a letter?
5. Who does Henry Adams compare Theodore Roosevelt to?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)