|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27 The Height of Knowledge (1902).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of "Chaos", what will Henry Adams position at North American Review be?
(c) Staff writer.
2. According to Henry Adams in Chapter 12, who seems to be eccentric?
(a) The Confederates.
(b) His new group of artist friends.
(c) The Lords and Ladies.
(d) Nearly everyone in England.
3. What does Hay's work as Secretary of State remind Henry Adams?
4. Why does Henry Adams return to London in "Chaos"?
(a) To go back to college.
(b) Because he got a new job.
(c) To make sure his article was published.
(d) He needed to escape Grant.
5. In "Eccentricity", what does Henry Adams say is the beginning and end of political education?
(a) Knowing how to properly bribe.
(b) The habits of the English.
(c) Time spent in Paris.
(d) Knowledge of human nature.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did the Lairds choose to represent them?
2. Why does the president of Harvard write Henry Adams a letter?
3. How does Henry Adams say America takes tragedy in "The Height of Knowledge"?
4. What thought does Henry Adams distrust?
5. Who does Henry Adams compare Theodore Roosevelt to?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)