|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27 The Height of Knowledge (1902).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of "Chaos", what will Henry Adams position at North American Review be?
(a) Staff writer.
2. When Henry Adams returns to the United States in "Chaos", what does he discover about his articles?
(a) They were never printed.
(b) They were full of errors.
(c) They were ridiculed.
(d) They were successful.
3. How does Hay primarily use his power as Secretary of State?
(a) Creating treaties and alliances.
(b) Taking vacations overseas.
(c) Petitioning for new laws and regulations.
(d) Pushing for war.
4. What does Edinburgh Review do with Henry Adams' article on the Jay Gould scandal?
(a) They put it on the cover.
(b) They reject it.
(c) They say they'll print it in four months.
(d) They publish it reluctantly.
5. In "The Height of Knowledge", what happens to President McKinley?
(a) He is re-elected.
(b) He is assassinated.
(c) He loses the election.
(d) He resigns.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the president of Harvard write Henry Adams a letter?
2. In "Eccentricity", how does Henry Adams describe Bright?
3. What thought does Henry Adams distrust?
4. According to Henry Adams in Chapter 12, who seems to be eccentric?
5. Who does Henry Adams compare Theodore Roosevelt to?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)