|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27 The Height of Knowledge (1902).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the president of Harvard write Henry Adams a letter?
(a) To ask him for a donation.
(b) To ask him to get a law degree.
(c) To ask him to give a speach.
(d) To ask him to teach.
2. In "Chaos", what countries go to war?
(a) Italy and Germany.
(b) France and Germany.
(c) Germany and Ireland.
(d) Russia and Italy.
3. In "The Height of Knowledge", what happens to President McKinley?
(a) He is re-elected.
(b) He resigns.
(c) He loses the election.
(d) He is assassinated.
4. What does Edinburgh Review do with Henry Adams' article on the Jay Gould scandal?
(a) They publish it reluctantly.
(b) They reject it.
(c) They put it on the cover.
(d) They say they'll print it in four months.
5. In "Eccentricity", what does Henry Adams say is the beginning and end of political education?
(a) The habits of the English.
(b) Time spent in Paris.
(c) Knowing how to properly bribe.
(d) Knowledge of human nature.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of "Eccentricity", what does Henry Adams conclude about eccentricity?
2. Who did the Lairds choose to represent them?
3. What thought does Henry Adams distrust?
4. What does Hay's work as Secretary of State remind Henry Adams?
5. Who does Henry Adams say the social eccentrics sympathize with?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)