|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27 The Height of Knowledge (1902).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did the Lairds choose to represent them?
(a) C.F. Adams.
2. How does Hay primarily use his power as Secretary of State?
(a) Creating treaties and alliances.
(b) Petitioning for new laws and regulations.
(c) Taking vacations overseas.
(d) Pushing for war.
3. Who does Henry Adams say the social eccentrics sympathize with?
(a) Members of Parliament.
(b) American eccentrics.
(c) The political eccentrics.
(d) No one.
4. When Henry Adams returns to the United States in "Chaos", what does he discover about his articles?
(a) They were ridiculed.
(b) They were never printed.
(c) They were successful.
(d) They were full of errors.
5. What does Edinburgh Review do with Henry Adams' article on the Jay Gould scandal?
(a) They say they'll print it in four months.
(b) They publish it reluctantly.
(c) They reject it.
(d) They put it on the cover.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chaos", what countries go to war?
2. At the end of "Eccentricity", what does Henry Adams conclude about eccentricity?
3. Who does Henry Adams compare Theodore Roosevelt to?
4. Why does the president of Harvard write Henry Adams a letter?
5. According to Henry Adams in Chapter 12, who seems to be eccentric?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)