|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27 The Height of Knowledge (1902).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry Adams say America takes tragedy in "The Height of Knowledge"?
(a) With a grain of salt.
2. According to Henry Adams in Chapter 12, who seems to be eccentric?
(a) The Confederates.
(b) Nearly everyone in England.
(c) The Lords and Ladies.
(d) His new group of artist friends.
3. What thought does Henry Adams distrust?
4. What does Edinburgh Review do with Henry Adams' article on the Jay Gould scandal?
(a) They put it on the cover.
(b) They reject it.
(c) They say they'll print it in four months.
(d) They publish it reluctantly.
5. Why does Henry Adams return to London in "Chaos"?
(a) Because he got a new job.
(b) To make sure his article was published.
(c) He needed to escape Grant.
(d) To go back to college.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hay primarily use his power as Secretary of State?
2. At the end of "Eccentricity", what does Henry Adams conclude about eccentricity?
3. In "Eccentricity", what does Henry Adams say is the beginning and end of political education?
4. Why does the president of Harvard write Henry Adams a letter?
5. Who does Henry Adams compare Theodore Roosevelt to?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)