|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27 The Height of Knowledge (1902).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the president of Harvard write Henry Adams a letter?
(a) To ask him to teach.
(b) To ask him to give a speach.
(c) To ask him for a donation.
(d) To ask him to get a law degree.
2. Who does Henry Adams say the social eccentrics sympathize with?
(a) No one.
(b) Members of Parliament.
(c) The political eccentrics.
(d) American eccentrics.
3. At the end of "Eccentricity", what does Henry Adams conclude about eccentricity?
(a) That it is a joke.
(b) That it is all a lie.
(c) That it is strength.
(d) That it is weakness.
4. In "The Height of Knowledge", what happens to President McKinley?
(a) He is assassinated.
(b) He loses the election.
(c) He resigns.
(d) He is re-elected.
5. Who does Henry Adams compare Theodore Roosevelt to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hay's work as Secretary of State remind Henry Adams?
2. What does Edinburgh Review do with Henry Adams' article on the Jay Gould scandal?
3. In "Chaos", what countries go to war?
4. According to Henry Adams in Chapter 12, who seems to be eccentric?
5. When Henry Adams returns to the United States in "Chaos", what does he discover about his articles?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)