|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27 The Height of Knowledge (1902).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Height of Knowledge", what happens to President McKinley?
(a) He resigns.
(b) He is assassinated.
(c) He loses the election.
(d) He is re-elected.
2. According to Henry Adams in Chapter 12, who seems to be eccentric?
(a) Nearly everyone in England.
(b) The Confederates.
(c) The Lords and Ladies.
(d) His new group of artist friends.
3. When Henry Adams returns to the United States in "Chaos", what does he discover about his articles?
(a) They were never printed.
(b) They were full of errors.
(c) They were successful.
(d) They were ridiculed.
4. How does Henry Adams say America takes tragedy in "The Height of Knowledge"?
(d) With a grain of salt.
5. What does Edinburgh Review do with Henry Adams' article on the Jay Gould scandal?
(a) They reject it.
(b) They say they'll print it in four months.
(c) They put it on the cover.
(d) They publish it reluctantly.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hay primarily use his power as Secretary of State?
2. Who does Henry Adams say the social eccentrics sympathize with?
3. At the end of "Chaos", what will Henry Adams position at North American Review be?
4. Who did the Lairds choose to represent them?
5. In "Eccentricity", how does Henry Adams describe Bright?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)