|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27 The Height of Knowledge (1902).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hay primarily use his power as Secretary of State?
(a) Creating treaties and alliances.
(b) Petitioning for new laws and regulations.
(c) Taking vacations overseas.
(d) Pushing for war.
2. Why does Henry Adams return to London in "Chaos"?
(a) To make sure his article was published.
(b) To go back to college.
(c) Because he got a new job.
(d) He needed to escape Grant.
3. Who did the Lairds choose to represent them?
(b) C.F. Adams.
4. At the end of "Eccentricity", what does Henry Adams conclude about eccentricity?
(a) That it is weakness.
(b) That it is strength.
(c) That it is all a lie.
(d) That it is a joke.
5. What thought does Henry Adams distrust?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hay's work as Secretary of State remind Henry Adams?
2. Why does the president of Harvard write Henry Adams a letter?
3. In "Chaos", what countries go to war?
4. How does Henry Adams say America takes tragedy in "The Height of Knowledge"?
5. Who does Henry Adams compare Theodore Roosevelt to?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)