|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27 The Height of Knowledge (1902).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Henry Adams return to London in "Chaos"?
(a) Because he got a new job.
(b) To go back to college.
(c) He needed to escape Grant.
(d) To make sure his article was published.
2. In "Eccentricity", how does Henry Adams describe Bright?
3. What does Edinburgh Review do with Henry Adams' article on the Jay Gould scandal?
(a) They put it on the cover.
(b) They reject it.
(c) They publish it reluctantly.
(d) They say they'll print it in four months.
4. Who does Henry Adams compare Theodore Roosevelt to?
5. According to Henry Adams in Chapter 12, who seems to be eccentric?
(a) The Confederates.
(b) Nearly everyone in England.
(c) The Lords and Ladies.
(d) His new group of artist friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hay's work as Secretary of State remind Henry Adams?
2. What thought does Henry Adams distrust?
3. When Henry Adams returns to the United States in "Chaos", what does he discover about his articles?
4. Why does the president of Harvard write Henry Adams a letter?
5. In "Eccentricity", what does Henry Adams say is the beginning and end of political education?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)