|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27 The Height of Knowledge (1902).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Henry Adams in Chapter 12, who seems to be eccentric?
(a) The Confederates.
(b) His new group of artist friends.
(c) The Lords and Ladies.
(d) Nearly everyone in England.
2. Why does the president of Harvard write Henry Adams a letter?
(a) To ask him to get a law degree.
(b) To ask him to teach.
(c) To ask him to give a speach.
(d) To ask him for a donation.
3. In "Chaos", what countries go to war?
(a) Germany and Ireland.
(b) Italy and Germany.
(c) Russia and Italy.
(d) France and Germany.
4. In "Eccentricity", how does Henry Adams describe Bright?
5. In "The Height of Knowledge", what happens to President McKinley?
(a) He is assassinated.
(b) He resigns.
(c) He loses the election.
(d) He is re-elected.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Henry Adams say the social eccentrics sympathize with?
2. Who does Henry Adams compare Theodore Roosevelt to?
3. At the end of "Chaos", what will Henry Adams position at North American Review be?
4. When Henry Adams returns to the United States in "Chaos", what does he discover about his articles?
5. How does Henry Adams say America takes tragedy in "The Height of Knowledge"?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)