|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27 The Height of Knowledge (1902).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of "Chaos", what will Henry Adams position at North American Review be?
(c) Staff writer.
2. In "Eccentricity", what does Henry Adams say is the beginning and end of political education?
(a) Knowledge of human nature.
(b) The habits of the English.
(c) Time spent in Paris.
(d) Knowing how to properly bribe.
3. Who does Henry Adams compare Theodore Roosevelt to?
4. In "The Height of Knowledge", what happens to President McKinley?
(a) He loses the election.
(b) He is assassinated.
(c) He resigns.
(d) He is re-elected.
5. In "Chaos", what countries go to war?
(a) Italy and Germany.
(b) Russia and Italy.
(c) France and Germany.
(d) Germany and Ireland.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the president of Harvard write Henry Adams a letter?
2. In "Eccentricity", how does Henry Adams describe Bright?
3. According to Henry Adams in Chapter 12, who seems to be eccentric?
4. When Henry Adams returns to the United States in "Chaos", what does he discover about his articles?
5. What does Edinburgh Review do with Henry Adams' article on the Jay Gould scandal?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)