|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27 The Height of Knowledge (1902).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Henry Adams say the social eccentrics sympathize with?
(a) American eccentrics.
(b) The political eccentrics.
(c) No one.
(d) Members of Parliament.
2. Why does Henry Adams return to London in "Chaos"?
(a) He needed to escape Grant.
(b) To go back to college.
(c) To make sure his article was published.
(d) Because he got a new job.
3. According to Henry Adams in Chapter 12, who seems to be eccentric?
(a) Nearly everyone in England.
(b) The Confederates.
(c) His new group of artist friends.
(d) The Lords and Ladies.
4. Who did the Lairds choose to represent them?
(c) C.F. Adams.
5. How does Henry Adams say America takes tragedy in "The Height of Knowledge"?
(d) With a grain of salt.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of "Eccentricity", what does Henry Adams conclude about eccentricity?
2. In "Eccentricity", how does Henry Adams describe Bright?
3. In "Chaos", what countries go to war?
4. When Henry Adams returns to the United States in "Chaos", what does he discover about his articles?
5. What does Hay's work as Secretary of State remind Henry Adams?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)