|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27 The Height of Knowledge (1902).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Henry Adams compare Theodore Roosevelt to?
2. Who does Henry Adams say the social eccentrics sympathize with?
(a) American eccentrics.
(b) Members of Parliament.
(c) The political eccentrics.
(d) No one.
3. What does Hay's work as Secretary of State remind Henry Adams?
4. In "Chaos", what countries go to war?
(a) Italy and Germany.
(b) France and Germany.
(c) Germany and Ireland.
(d) Russia and Italy.
5. At the end of "Eccentricity", what does Henry Adams conclude about eccentricity?
(a) That it is strength.
(b) That it is a joke.
(c) That it is weakness.
(d) That it is all a lie.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of "Chaos", what will Henry Adams position at North American Review be?
2. How does Henry Adams say America takes tragedy in "The Height of Knowledge"?
3. What thought does Henry Adams distrust?
4. Who did the Lairds choose to represent them?
5. Why does Henry Adams return to London in "Chaos"?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)