|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27 The Height of Knowledge (1902).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Edinburgh Review do with Henry Adams' article on the Jay Gould scandal?
(a) They publish it reluctantly.
(b) They reject it.
(c) They put it on the cover.
(d) They say they'll print it in four months.
2. How does Hay primarily use his power as Secretary of State?
(a) Pushing for war.
(b) Creating treaties and alliances.
(c) Taking vacations overseas.
(d) Petitioning for new laws and regulations.
3. In "The Height of Knowledge", what happens to President McKinley?
(a) He resigns.
(b) He is re-elected.
(c) He loses the election.
(d) He is assassinated.
4. What does Hay's work as Secretary of State remind Henry Adams?
5. What thought does Henry Adams distrust?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Henry Adams returns to the United States in "Chaos", what does he discover about his articles?
2. Why does the president of Harvard write Henry Adams a letter?
3. Why does Henry Adams return to London in "Chaos"?
4. Who did the Lairds choose to represent them?
5. In "Chaos", what countries go to war?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)