|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27 The Height of Knowledge (1902).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of "Eccentricity", what does Henry Adams conclude about eccentricity?
(a) That it is strength.
(b) That it is weakness.
(c) That it is all a lie.
(d) That it is a joke.
2. Why does the president of Harvard write Henry Adams a letter?
(a) To ask him to get a law degree.
(b) To ask him to give a speach.
(c) To ask him for a donation.
(d) To ask him to teach.
3. What thought does Henry Adams distrust?
4. In "Chaos", what countries go to war?
(a) Germany and Ireland.
(b) Italy and Germany.
(c) France and Germany.
(d) Russia and Italy.
5. Who did the Lairds choose to represent them?
(c) C.F. Adams.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Eccentricity", what does Henry Adams say is the beginning and end of political education?
2. When Henry Adams returns to the United States in "Chaos", what does he discover about his articles?
3. How does Hay primarily use his power as Secretary of State?
4. At the end of "Chaos", what will Henry Adams position at North American Review be?
5. Who does Henry Adams say the social eccentrics sympathize with?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)