|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27 The Height of Knowledge (1902).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What thought does Henry Adams distrust?
2. Who does Henry Adams say the social eccentrics sympathize with?
(a) Members of Parliament.
(b) American eccentrics.
(c) The political eccentrics.
(d) No one.
3. At the end of "Chaos", what will Henry Adams position at North American Review be?
(b) Staff writer.
4. According to Henry Adams in Chapter 12, who seems to be eccentric?
(a) The Lords and Ladies.
(b) The Confederates.
(c) Nearly everyone in England.
(d) His new group of artist friends.
5. At the end of "Eccentricity", what does Henry Adams conclude about eccentricity?
(a) That it is strength.
(b) That it is a joke.
(c) That it is all a lie.
(d) That it is weakness.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Henry Adams returns to the United States in "Chaos", what does he discover about his articles?
2. Who does Henry Adams compare Theodore Roosevelt to?
3. In "The Height of Knowledge", what happens to President McKinley?
4. How does Hay primarily use his power as Secretary of State?
5. In "Eccentricity", what does Henry Adams say is the beginning and end of political education?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)