|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27 The Height of Knowledge (1902).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of "Chaos", what will Henry Adams position at North American Review be?
(c) Staff writer.
2. Who does Henry Adams compare Theodore Roosevelt to?
3. When Henry Adams returns to the United States in "Chaos", what does he discover about his articles?
(a) They were never printed.
(b) They were successful.
(c) They were full of errors.
(d) They were ridiculed.
4. In "The Height of Knowledge", what happens to President McKinley?
(a) He is re-elected.
(b) He resigns.
(c) He loses the election.
(d) He is assassinated.
5. Why does the president of Harvard write Henry Adams a letter?
(a) To ask him for a donation.
(b) To ask him to give a speach.
(c) To ask him to teach.
(d) To ask him to get a law degree.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of "Eccentricity", what does Henry Adams conclude about eccentricity?
2. How does Henry Adams say America takes tragedy in "The Height of Knowledge"?
3. Who did the Lairds choose to represent them?
4. According to Henry Adams in Chapter 12, who seems to be eccentric?
5. In "Eccentricity", what does Henry Adams say is the beginning and end of political education?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)