One Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27 The Height of Knowledge (1902).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Henry Adams returns to the United States in "Chaos", what does he discover about his articles?
(a) They were full of errors.
(b) They were never printed.
(c) They were ridiculed.
(d) They were successful.
2. Who does Henry Adams say the social eccentrics sympathize with?
(a) American eccentrics.
(b) Members of Parliament.
(c) The political eccentrics.
(d) No one.
3. At the end of "Chaos", what will Henry Adams position at North American Review be?
(c) Staff writer.
4. At the end of "Eccentricity", what does Henry Adams conclude about eccentricity?
(a) That it is a joke.
(b) That it is strength.
(c) That it is weakness.
(d) That it is all a lie.
5. How does Henry Adams say America takes tragedy in "The Height of Knowledge"?
(d) With a grain of salt.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Height of Knowledge", what happens to President McKinley?
2. In "Eccentricity", what does Henry Adams say is the beginning and end of political education?
3. What does Edinburgh Review do with Henry Adams' article on the Jay Gould scandal?
4. Why does Henry Adams return to London in "Chaos"?
5. Who did the Lairds choose to represent them?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)