Chapter 1 Quincy (1838 - 1848) | Chapter 2 Boston (1848-1854)
1. Who was NOT related to Henry Adams?
(a) Samuel Adams.
(b) John Adams.
(c) John Quincy Adams.
(d) Francis Adams.
2. What almost killed Henry Adams when he was eight?
(a) A dog.
(c) Scarlet Fever.
(d) The British.
3. What does Henry Adams feel correlates with the winter?
(d) Leaving home.
4. What political party does Henry Adams' father found?
(a) Free Soil Party.
(b) Bostonian Party.
(c) Abolitionist Party.
(d) Republican Party.
5. During Chapter 2, "Boston", what plays the biggest role in Henry Adams' education?
(a) His father.
(b) Yale University.
(c) Anti-slavery groups.
(d) The church.
6. In "Boston", why did Henry Adams say he hates school?
(a) Because he had to read alone.
(b) Because he had to do partner work.
(c) Because they were lying to him.
(d) Because he had to learn by rote.
Chapter 3 Washington (1850-1854) | Chapter 4 Harvard (1854-1858)
7. In "Washington", how does Henry Adams describe the South?
(a) Ragged and poor.
(b) Rich and glitzy.
(c) Sunny and calm.
(d) Dusty and slow.
This section contains 4,260 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)