Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the special symbolism of the chapter title "Down From the mountain"?
2. In Chapter 16, what does the author suggest about the importance of the church teachings to Granpa and Little Tree?
3. How do religious and cultural beliefs cause Little Tree and the sharecropper's daughter to act negatively towards each other?
4. What is the importance of the way Chapter 12 ends?
5. How does Little Tree create a disturbance in church?
Essay Topic 1
Among the important themes explored in this novel are exclusion and prejudice. Discuss the characters, circumstances and relationships through which the themes of exclusion and prejudice are explored in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Forrest Carter makes significant use of symbolism in the novel. Using specific examples of different types of symbols, write a detailed analysis of the author's use of symbolism throughout the novel. Where is it seen? How effectively is it used?
Essay Topic 3
The Education of Little Tree is an exploration of important themes including "love and relationships",and "loss and death." Using specific examples, fully discuss the author's exploration of these themes in the novel.
This section contains 1,426 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)