Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the special symbolism of the chapter title "Down From the mountain"?
2. In Chapter 16, what does the author suggest about the importance of the church teachings to Granpa and Little Tree?
3. How do religious and cultural beliefs cause Little Tree and the sharecropper's daughter to act negatively towards each other?
4. What is the importance of the way Chapter 12 ends?
5. How does Little Tree create a disturbance in church?
The Education of Little Tree is an exploration of important themes including "love and relationships",and "loss and death." Using specific examples, fully discuss the author's exploration of these themes in the novel.
The episodes in the novel that have to do with the church and church-going present Little Tree and the reader with instances of hypocrisy and contradiction associated with Christianity. Referring closely to important incidents in the novel, discuss the author's exploration of hypocrisy and contradictions in the behavior of representatives of Christianity.
It is sometimes the case that major characters in a story are used by the author to express his / her own point-of-view. Of all of the characters in "The Education of Little Tree," suggest with reasons, which one(s) you believe is (are) reflecting most closely the author's opinions.
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)