|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, "Home Again".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the best alternate title for Chapter 14?
(a) Granma's Special Brew.
(b) The Men from Chattanooga.
(c) .Little Tree Defends His Mountain.
(d) City Slickers Outwit Mountain Dwellers.
2. Why is it significant that Granpa reminds Little Tree in Chapter 10 about the importance of paying attention to people's tone and not just their words?
(a) Because Granpa knows that there is trouble coming.
(b) Because Little Tree is getting older and facing new challenges.
(c) Because Granpa knows that a politician will be visiting.
(d) Because shortly after the reminder, Little Tree is tricked by a "Christian" using misleading words.
3. In Chapter 6, how does the author explain that Pa knows Indians are around?
(a) He sees smoke signals across the mountain.
(b) He hears the Indians whispering in the mountains.
(c) He sees the remains of fires and cooked meat.
(d) After leaving certain items in the forest, he comes back to find a long Indian knife, a tomahawk and only some of what he left.
4. How does the author reveal Granpa's sense of humor even during this dangerous adventure?
(a) He encourages Little Tree to have a good laugh and forget the whole incident.
(b) He makes up a funny song about their escape.
(c) Granpa jokes that as soon as he lies down, Granma lifts her skirt and tries to seduce him.
(d) He makes up a funny poem about their escape.
5. When the soldiers drive the Cherokee from their land, how do the Cherokee show their pride?
(a) They fight back and repel the soldiers.
(b) They plant their nation's flag where every Cherokee is buried.
(c) They sing brave songs on the journey.
(d) They look straight ahead as they march and refuse rides in the soldiers' wagons.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Little Tree's new home, what is the "dogtrot"?
2. At the beginning of the novel, how is Little Tree taken to his new home?
3. Why is it important for the author to reveal that Granpa and Granma have friends who visit them?
4. What two important characteristics of Granpa are revealed by the description of the fox and the hounds episode?
5. Why doesn't Granma scold Little Tree for getting wet in the woods?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)