|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, "Home Again".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Little Tree mean when he says that Granpa has a "sense of instinct"?
(a) That Granpa has common sense.
(b) That Granpa has a natural ability to understand what is going on among the animals during the chase.
(c) That Granpa is able to smell the animals from far away.
(d) That Granpa knows the trail very well.
2. In his reaction to this visitor, what characteristics does Little Tree display that he will have to overcome in order to avoid difficulties with some people outside his family?
(a) Little Tree is afraid to trust others.
(b) Little Tree does not pay close attention when others are speaking.
(c) Little Tree is gullible and trusting.
(d) Little Tree is tempted to take more food than he should.
3. How does Granma help Little Tree to understand the relationship between nature and human development?
(a) Granma explains that Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter are periods in nature just as birth, adulthood, ageing and death are phases in human life.
(b) Granma explains that the seasons are times when humans should learn from nature how to improve.
(c) Granma explains that Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter are the periods of spiritual growth in a person's life.
(d) Granma explains that Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter are like childhood, adolescence and maturity in humans.
4. Which of the following is the best alternate title for Chapter 14?
(a) City Slickers Outwit Mountain Dwellers.
(b) .Little Tree Defends His Mountain.
(c) Granma's Special Brew.
(d) The Men from Chattanooga.
5. How does Mr. Wine's death shed light on the previous incident in which he prays and then walks away without acknowledging Little Tree's gratitude for the yellow coat?
(a) It makes it clear that Mr. Wine is losing his mind.
(b) It makes it clear that Mr. Wine wants to die alone.
(c) It makes it clear that Mr. Wine knows he is about to die and has no relatives to tell.
(d) It makes it clear that Mr. Wine knows he is going to die and wants to express his special feeling for Little Tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. What evidence is given in Chapter 16 that there is prejudice even in the church?
2. Why is it significant that Granpa reminds Little Tree in Chapter 10 about the importance of paying attention to people's tone and not just their words?
3. How does the reverend at the orphanage continue the prejudice that Little Tree has suffered throughout his life?
4. What is Little Tree planning to do with the extra coins he is keeping in his pocket from his savings?
5. In what two ways does the author introduce humor in the incident with the two men from Chattanooga?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)