|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, "Home Again".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Little Tree go to bed feeling happier in spite of his loss in Chapter 1?
(a) A good supper.
(b) He holds a gift from his mother as he goes to sleep.
(c) Granma and Granpa promise to take care of him.
(d) Granma sings him a song that makes him understand his new name.
2. Why does Granpa want Little Tree to learn his trade when he is only six-years-old?
(a) Because Little Tree is smart enough to learn.
(b) Because even if Little Tree switches trades later, he will always have something to fall back on.
(c) Because Little Tree should be kept from being idle.
(d) Because he is growing old and Little Tree will soon have to take over.
3. How does Granma help Little Tree to understand the relationship between nature and human development?
(a) Granma explains that Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter are the periods of spiritual growth in a person's life.
(b) Granma explains that Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter are like childhood, adolescence and maturity in humans.
(c) Granma explains that Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter are periods in nature just as birth, adulthood, ageing and death are phases in human life.
(d) Granma explains that the seasons are times when humans should learn from nature how to improve.
4. How does Granpa help Little Tree relate the lessons about nature to the behavior of some people?
(a) Granpa says that people who take more than their share do better than others.
(b) Granpa says that people who take more than their share cause others to starve.
(c) Granpa says that people who take more than their share cause jealousy.
(d) Granpa teaches Little Tree that people who store and take more than their share contribute to wars, land-grabbing and changing nature's ways.
5. In the mountains in Chapter 2, what does Little Tree see Tal-con doing?
(a) Climbing trees.
(b) Setting a trap for turkeys.
(c) Chasing ground rats.
(d) Swooping down to kill a quail.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 15, how does Granma reassure Little Tree that his birth time is special and he will never be alone?
2. What does Granma make for Little Tree to wear for his first walk up the trail with Granpa?
3. According to Granma, what happens to people who use the body-living mind for greedy purposes?
4. Who plays the most significant role in getting Little Tree back from the orphanage, thereby demonstrating the deep bond between them?
5. How does Granpa help Little Tree to accept the death of Ringer after he is bludgeoned in the mountains?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)