|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, "Home Again".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Little Tree when the novel begins?
(a) Nine years old.
(b) Six years old.
(c) Seven years old.
(d) Five years old.
2. In the narration, Little Tree says he discovers later on that Granma only read some parts of the stories about George Washington. What reason does Little Tree suggest for this?
(a) She wants Granpa to have someone to admire.
(b) She thinks Granpa will get angry.
(c) She doesn't want to upset Little Tree.
(d) She doesn't want Little Tree exposed to violent stories.
3. What happens in Chapter 8 to suggest that Little Tree has a natural tendency towards some Cherokee ways?
(a) He is naturally attracted to the medicinal herbs that Granma collects.
(b) He is naturally attracted to the spiders weaving their webs.
(c) He finds himself a special "secret" place and Granma tells him all Cherokees have secret places.
(d) He is naturally attracted to the songs of the frogs.
4. Why does Granpa pay so much attention to praising Little Tree and making him feel important?
(a) To make him grow up proud.
(b) To build up his self-esteem and sense of worth in a world that does not show the Cherokee much respect.
(c) To prevent him from missing his parents too much.
(d) To ensure that he will show respect to others.
5. How does Little Tree create a disturbance in church?
(a) He gives Willow John a harmless snake which jumps on a lady who screams out in church.
(b) He comes in late and falls over in the aisle.
(c) He gives Willow John a nickel and a bullfrog that starts a loud croaking in church.
(d) He gives Willow John a whistle and he tries it out in church.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is this visitor in Chapter 7 hoping to become rich?
2. In regard to the family that Granpa sees facing hardships on the farm, what do Granpa and the soldiers have in common?
3. Which of the following is the best explanation for the author's inclusion of Granpa's story about the "Farm in the Clearing" in the novel?
4. What do Little Tree's grandparents reveal about the Cherokee style of passing on information and lessons from one generation to the other?
5. How does Mr. Wine assure Little Tree that he is getting a good education?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)