|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, "Home Again".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Little Tree find interesting that makes him watch the umbrella spider for hours?
(a) How the spider crawls back to the same place repeatedly.
(b) How the spider outwits and eats several flies.
(c) How persistent the spider is in building a wide web across ferns, even though it keeps falling into the water.
(d) How the spider climbs out of the water.
2. Who is Smokehouse and what role does he play in Chapter 7?
(a) A half-Cherokee who burns wood for the coal oil lamp.
(b) The policeman who investigates the claim made by the visitor about an alleged criminal.
(c) The partner who works with the visitor to write the entry for the competition.
(d) The friend who gives the visitor a ride to the cabin.
3. Which books are Granma's favorites to read?
(a) Books about the Cherokees.
(b) Shakespeare's plays.
(c) Bible stories.
(d) Books with poems and songs about children.
4. What advice from Granma does Little Tree follow to help him get through his need for communication with his grandparents?
(a) He watches the Dog Star from his window and imagines conversations with Granma, Granpa and Willow John.
(b) He watches the mountain range in the distance and communicates with his family.
(c) He watches the moon and tells it his secrets.
(d) He watches the Milky Way and communicates with his family.
5. At the beginning of the novel, how is Little Tree taken to his new home?
(a) He goes by bus.
(b) He walks.
(c) He rides a bus part of the way and then walks.
(d) He goes by car.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Granpa want Little Tree to learn his trade when he is only six-years-old?
2. How does Chapter 2 end?
3. In the incident with the two men from Chattanooga, how does Little Tree demonstrate that he is becoming clever and less trusting?
4. How do Granma and Granpa portray the 'Trail of Tears' for Little Tree?
5. Which of the following best describes the theme of the opening chapter?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)