|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, "Home Again".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which books are Granma's favorites to read?
(a) Shakespeare's plays.
(b) Bible stories.
(c) Books with poems and songs about children.
(d) Books about the Cherokees.
2. In teaching Little Tree, how does Mr. Wine reinforce Granma's lessons about the spirit-mind and the body-mind?
(a) He says some education is technical and some is spiritual.
(b) He says there is modern, technical education to help you make a living and there is the education that makes you honest and caring.
(c) He says some education is practical and some is theoretical.
(d) He says some education is for work and some for appreciating life.
3. According to Granpa's story, why did his father's friend enter the church with a pistol?
(a) He believes the preacher's sermon is against him.
(b) Because having fought battles all his life and lost everything, he has nothing more to fight about.
(c) The people in the church have been saying bad things about him.
(d) He has lost his home and family.
4. Why does Granpa pay so much attention to praising Little Tree and making him feel important?
(a) To prevent him from missing his parents too much.
(b) To ensure that he will show respect to others.
(c) To build up his self-esteem and sense of worth in a world that does not show the Cherokee much respect.
(d) To make him grow up proud.
5. Why is the lady in the black car frustrated by Granpa's answer?
(a) She thinks Granpa is a foreigner.
(b) Granpa directs them toward a mountain, due west.
(c) She thinks Granpa is deaf.
(d) She thinks Granpa is being rude.
Short Answer Questions
1. What helps to determine whether Granpa and Granma light the coal oil lamp in the evenings during winter?
2. What important part does Mr. Wine play in the education of Little Tree?
3. What reasons are given in Chapter 4 for Granpa to keep the hounds?
4. According to Granma, why are secret places so important?
5. In what way do the events in Chapter 18 represent a major turning point in the novel?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)