|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, "Home Again".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the driver of the vehicle who takes Little Tree to his new home treat Granma and Granpa?
(a) He roughly asks for their tickets and makes fun of them when Granma counts up the money to pay.
(b) He welcomes them.
(c) He argues with them.
(d) He is friendly.
2. Why does the author cause Little Tree to be exposed to the Cherokee views about human nature at such an early age?
(a) To show Little Tree that there is more depth in Granma than there is in Granpa.
(b) To prepare him for future events in which he will see the good and evil in human nature.
(c) He wants Little Tree to know very early about the superstitious beliefs that he should avoid.
(d) To help Little Tree understand things in case Granpa and Granma die.
3. What weekly event puts Little Tree and his family in the company of Willow John?
(a) On the way from church every Sunday, they pick up Willow John to go to the cabin for lunch.
(b) On the way to church every Sunday, they stop to visit Willow John.
(c) On the way from the settlement every Saturday, they pick up Willow John to go home with them.
(d) On the way from the settlement every Saturday, they drop off supplies for Willow John.
4. Which character comes to visit the family in Chapter 7?
(a) The lady from the big, black car.
(b) The sharecropper.
(c) Pine Billy.
(d) The preacher.
5. In regard to the family that Granpa sees facing hardships on the farm, what do Granpa and the soldiers have in common?
(a) They are prejudiced against the black man at the farm.
(b) They believe they have no right to be there.
(c) They are concerned about the children.
(d) They are motivated to provide help.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Wine assure Little Tree that he is getting a good education?
2. What is the most important lesson that Little Tree learns from the stories heard in Chapter 5?
3. What does the woman in the black car ask when she stops Little Tree and Granpa on their way back from the settlement?
4. In Chapter 10 how does the author demonstrate that Little Tree has a conscience?
5. What does the visitor in Chapter 7 do at dinner that tempts Little Tree to forget one of his lessons about taking things?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)