|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, "Home Again".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what special activity do Little Tree and his grandparents participate on weekend evenings during the winter?
(a) They go to church.
(b) They make rugs from the deer hide.
(c) They roast chestnuts in the fireplace.
(d) Granma reads to Little Tree and Granpa.
2. What is Little Tree planning to do with the extra coins he is keeping in his pocket from his savings?
(a) Buy a dictionary to learn new words.
(b) Buy candy for the sharecropper's daughter.
(c) Buy a hat for Granpa.
(d) Buy a candy box for Granma's Christmas present.
3. How does the driver of the vehicle who takes Little Tree to his new home treat Granma and Granpa?
(a) He is friendly.
(b) He welcomes them.
(c) He roughly asks for their tickets and makes fun of them when Granma counts up the money to pay.
(d) He argues with them.
4. In the early chapters of the book, what kind of education is Little Tree receiving from his grandparents?
(a) A varied and practical education.
(b) An education about responsibility.
(c) An education about becoming a hunter.
(d) An education that is limited to the Cherokee way of life.
5. What is the meaning of the red flag planted on the land by the regulators?
(a) It means that the government has evicted squatters from the land.
(b) It means the occupants cannot pay the taxes on the land.
(c) It means blood has been shed during fighting on the land.
(d) It means the occupants have been taken to jail.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the unique mark on Granpa's whiskey jar?
2. Who is Smokehouse and what role does he play in Chapter 7?
3. What is Little Tree's responsibility in producing the whiskey?
4. According to Granpa's story, why did his father's friend enter the church with a pistol?
5. How does Granpa make his living?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)