|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, "Home Again".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would be the most appropriate alternate title for Chapter 4?
(a) Little Tree Takes A Fox.
(b) The Fox outwits the Hounds.
(c) Granpa's Way of Hunting.
(d) Mountain Hunting.
2. What can the reader deduce about the author's intention in describing Cherokee beliefs and values in Chapter 8?
(a) He intends to show how different the Cherokee beliefs are from American beliefs.
(b) He intends to be respectful of the Cherokee beliefs and values.
(c) He intends to ridicule the Cherokee's beliefs.
(d) He intends to show that the Cherokee beliefs and values will make Little Tree feel like an outsider.
3. In the incident when Granpa sees the old farmhouse in the clearing, why is Granpa surprised by the soldier's treatment of the people on the farm when he returns there later?
(a) Granpa expects the soldiers to throw them off the land but they tie them up in the barn.
(b) Granpa expects the soldiers to harm them but they actually bring them a mule.
(c) Granpa expects the soldiers to stop them from plowing but they charge them taxes.
(d) Granpa expects the soldiers to help the people but they actually attack them with guns .
4. What weekly event puts Little Tree and his family in the company of Willow John?
(a) On the way from the settlement every Saturday, they pick up Willow John to go home with them.
(b) On the way from church every Sunday, they pick up Willow John to go to the cabin for lunch.
(c) On the way from the settlement every Saturday, they drop off supplies for Willow John.
(d) On the way to church every Sunday, they stop to visit Willow John.
5. In the early chapters of the book, what kind of education is Little Tree receiving from his grandparents?
(a) An education that is limited to the Cherokee way of life.
(b) An education about becoming a hunter.
(c) A varied and practical education.
(d) An education about responsibility.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which books are Granma's favorites to read?
2. How does Little Tree create a disturbance in church?
3. According to Mr. Jenkins, who are the two men from Chattanooga and why are they looking for Granpa?
4. Why is the lady in the black car frustrated by Granpa's answer?
5. How does Granpa make his living?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)