|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, "Home Again".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which books are Granma's favorites to read?
(a) Bible stories.
(b) Books about the Cherokees.
(c) Shakespeare's plays.
(d) Books with poems and songs about children.
2. Which book is always available at Little Tree's cabin and why?
(a) A dictionary because Little Tree has to learn five words every week.
(b) A special book about nature because Little Tree's grandparents want him to love nature.
(c) A bible so that Little Tree can read more about the lessons he hears at church.
(d) A book about the Cherokees so that Little Tree can learn his heritage.
3. Why does Granma describe some people in the world as "dead"?
(a) They are only interested in oppressing others.
(b) They are only interested in material things.
(c) They have no spirit-mind so they only see dirty if they look at a woman and they fail to see beauty in nature.
(d) They are cruel to women and abuse nature.
4. How does Granpa help Little Tree relate the lessons about nature to the behavior of some people?
(a) Granpa says that people who take more than their share cause others to starve.
(b) Granpa teaches Little Tree that people who store and take more than their share contribute to wars, land-grabbing and changing nature's ways.
(c) Granpa says that people who take more than their share cause jealousy.
(d) Granpa says that people who take more than their share do better than others.
5. Why does Granpa object to people who age whiskey?
(a) He believes that they are trying to make extra money.
(b) He believes rich men scheme to convince people that aged whiskey is better.
(c) He believes they age whiskey to disguise the substances they add to it.
(d) He believes they are trying to disguise bad whiskey by keeping it longer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Granma scold Little Tree for getting wet in the woods?
2. Why does Little Tree describe Fall as nature's grace time?
3. What is the mode of narration used by the author to tell the story?
4. Why is the lady in the black car frustrated by Granpa's answer?
5. How does Granma help Little Tree to understand the relationship between nature and human development?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)