|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, "Home Again".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can the reader deduce about the author's intention in describing Cherokee beliefs and values in Chapter 8?
(a) He intends to show how different the Cherokee beliefs are from American beliefs.
(b) He intends to be respectful of the Cherokee beliefs and values.
(c) He intends to ridicule the Cherokee's beliefs.
(d) He intends to show that the Cherokee beliefs and values will make Little Tree feel like an outsider.
2. At the end of Chapter 1, what kind of house is Little Tree taken to by his grandparents?
(a) A tepee.
(b) A cottage.
(c) A cabin.
(d) A bungalow.
3. At the beginning of the novel, how is Little Tree taken to his new home?
(a) He goes by bus.
(b) He walks.
(c) He goes by car.
(d) He rides a bus part of the way and then walks.
4. How does the author establish Granma's resourcefulness in Chapter 12?
(a) She quickly takes charge of the situation and does everything that's necessary to make things right.
(b) She hurries Little Tree and Granpa to the cabin where she quickly finds remedies.
(c) She sends Little Tree to the neighboring cabin to get help.
(d) She uses a Cherokee cry to alert other mountain people to the problem.
5. The author implies there is a special bond between Willow John and Little Tree, despite the difference in their ages. What is the cause of this bond?
(a) Both are outsiders who don't quite belong in the world they occupy.
(b) Both have suffered from having to adjust to moving to the mountain area.
(c) Both have suffered the loss of their parents.
(d) Both have a great sense of humor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Granpa's reason for taking Little Tree on this walk up the trail?
2. How does Granpa's disposal of the whiskey demonstrate that he is observing the lessons he teaches Little Tree about nature's ways?
3. Which of the following is the best alternate title for Chapter 6?
4. Referring to people who like to take and give handouts, what similarity does Granpa describe between some people and some countries?
5. What two important characteristics of Granpa are revealed by the description of the fox and the hounds episode?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)