|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, "Home Again".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing that Little Tree does on the trail when he is going home from the orphanage?
(a) He puts on his moccasins.
(b) He takes off his shoes so he can feel the trail.
(c) He runs to his secret place.
(d) He runs to The Narrows.
2. In Chapter 7, Little Tree's grandparents place emphasis on teaching him some more very important skills. Why do they do this?
(a) They want to make sure he learns about his tribe's habits.
(b) They are making sure that Little Tree learns enough to be self-sufficient off the land.
(c) They want to make sure he will be a good father.
(d) They want to make sure he will be able to take care of them soon.
3. According to Chapter 3, how does Granpa feel about politicians and authority figures?
(a) Granpa believes politicians and authority figures are necessary to keep order.
(b) Granpa is afraid of politicians and authority figures.
(c) Granpa does not like politicians and authority figures.
(d) Granpa likes to hear about politicians and authority figures.
4. How does the author demonstrate that despite being poor, the sharecropper is instilling pride in his daughter?
(a) The sharecropper chastises his daughter for talking to Little Tree.
(b) The sharecropper whips his daughter's legs and tells her to give back the moccasins Little Tree gives to her.
(c) The sharecropper tells Granpa to keep his grandson away from his daughter.
(d) The sharecropper forbids his daughter to speak to Little Tree.
5. In Chapter 1, what does Little Tree's description of the woods around his new home reveal about his attitude to the surroundings?
(a) He finds the surroundings strange.
(b) The sights and sounds terrify him.
(c) He is longing for his old surroundings.
(d) He hates the sound of the wind but he likes the whispering wind.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would be the most appropriate alternate title for Chapter 4?
2. Which character comes to visit the family in Chapter 7?
3. In Chapter 15, how does Granma reassure Little Tree that his birth time is special and he will never be alone?
4. How old is Little Tree when the novel begins?
5. Little Tree's bed is made of what material?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)