|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, "Mr. Wine".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Granpa help Little Tree overcome feeling empty and sad after Ringer's death?
(a) He says the only way not to feel empty and sad is never to love anything, but then he will always feel sad and empty.
(b) He tells him he will feel better in a few days.
(c) He tells him to remember the good times with Ringer.
(d) He tells him to accept that Ringer is better off as he won't suffer anymore.
2. What do Little Tree's grandparents reveal about the Cherokee style of passing on information and lessons from one generation to the other?
(a) There is no writing system so valuable information is lost.
(b) They use symbols on caves.
(c) They use the oral tradition in which stories are used to pass on information.
(d) They use a special writing system.
3. According to Chapter 3, how does Granpa feel about politicians and authority figures?
(a) Granpa does not like politicians and authority figures.
(b) Granpa is afraid of politicians and authority figures.
(c) Granpa believes politicians and authority figures are necessary to keep order.
(d) Granpa likes to hear about politicians and authority figures.
4. In Chapter 10 how does the author demonstrate that Little Tree has a conscience?
(a) He feels bad to accept candy from Mr. Jenkins just for taking up woodchips.
(b) He gives back coins to Granpa that he finds in the kitchen.
(c) He tells Mr.Jenkins that one bottle of whiskey is not filled up right.
(d) He gives Mr. Jenkins the unopened candy he finds on the floor.
5. In the mountains in Chapter 2, what does Little Tree see Tal-con doing?
(a) Setting a trap for turkeys.
(b) Chasing ground rats.
(c) Climbing trees.
(d) Swooping down to kill a quail.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Chapter 2 end?
2. How is Granpa's approach to making whiskey different from that of the "city criminals" who just want to make money?
3. Who guides the family when it comes to books, decisions and words?
4. What is Little Tree's responsibility in producing the whiskey?
5. In regard to the family that Granpa sees facing hardships on the farm, what do Granpa and the soldiers have in common?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)