|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, "Mr. Wine".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the preacher make Granpa angry in some of his sermons?
(a) He talks with contempt about the Catholics.
(b) He talks with contempt about the Cherokee.
(c) He talks a lot about Pharisees or separates, while looking and pointing straight at Granpa's family.
(d) He rants and raves about whiskey makers.
2. What is the most important lesson that Little Tree learns from the stories heard in Chapter 5?
(a) That "kin" is all about the love and understanding between some people.
(b) That Granpa almost went to Chattanooga.
(c) The bad effects of fighting.
(d) That he has many relatives.
3. What is Little Tree planning to do with the extra coins he is keeping in his pocket from his savings?
(a) Buy a dictionary to learn new words.
(b) Buy a candy box for Granma's Christmas present.
(c) Buy a hat for Granpa.
(d) Buy candy for the sharecropper's daughter.
4. How does Granpa make his living?
(a) Selling meat at the settlement store.
(b) Selling crops at the settlement store.
(c) Selling fish at the settlement store.
(d) Making and selling whiskey.
5. Why does the author show that important lessons for Little Tree come from Granma and not Granpa?
(a) To show that there is a bond between Granma and Little Tree that does not exist between Little Tree and Granpa.
(b) To show that Granma is more knowledgeable about important things.
(c) To show that both his grandparents play equally important roles in shaping his development.
(d) To show that Granpa has no spiritual side so Granma has to do it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it important for the author to reveal that Granpa and Granma have friends who visit them?
2. How do the two men from Chattanooga make fun of Little Tree?
3. How does Mr. Wine assure Little Tree that he is getting a good education?
4. What change does Little Tree make that demonstrates how much he has learned from the loss of the money spent on the calf?
5. When the soldiers drive the Cherokee from their land, how do the Cherokee show their pride?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)