|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, "Mr. Wine".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who guides the family when it comes to books, decisions and words?
(c) The librarian.
2. How is the reader made aware that Pa eventually gets very close to the Indians?
(a) He advises them on how to remain safe from the soldiers.
(b) He moves them closer to where he lives.
(c) He moves into their camp.
(d) He eventually marries one of the young daughters.
3. What change does Little Tree make that demonstrates how much he has learned from the loss of the money spent on the calf?
(a) He resolves to keep his extra money in his fruit jar instead of in his pocket.
(b) He resolves to give Granpa his money to keep.
(c) He resolves to bury his money in his secret place.
(d) He resolves to give his money to Granma to keep.
4. Which book is always available at Little Tree's cabin and why?
(a) A book about the Cherokees so that Little Tree can learn his heritage.
(b) A special book about nature because Little Tree's grandparents want him to love nature.
(c) A dictionary because Little Tree has to learn five words every week.
(d) A bible so that Little Tree can read more about the lessons he hears at church.
5. What is the Hangin' Gap?
(a) The gap between the two mountains.
(b) The space between two streams in the mountain.
(c) The place where Cherokees hang those who steal animals.
(d) A creek in the thin part of the trail.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two important characteristics of Granpa are revealed by the description of the fox and the hounds episode?
2. Why does Mr. Wine light a candle at a special time?
3. How does Chapter 2 end?
4. In Chapter 1, what does Little Tree's description of the woods around his new home reveal about his attitude to the surroundings?
5. Referring to people who like to take and give handouts, what similarity does Granpa describe between some people and some countries?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)