|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, "Mr. Wine".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 12, how does the author demonstrate Granpa's respect for the animals?
(a) They stop trapping in the Spring and Summer because the animals are raising their young.
(b) They stop trapping once they have caught enough for a meal.
(c) They release animals from the trap when they are carrying young ones.
(d) They throw the young fish back into the creek.
2. According to his grandparents, why is it important for Little Tree to learn about his past?
(a) Because he will have to teach his own children about the past.
(b) So he will know about his relatives.
(c) Because it will help him understand the Cherokee ways.
(d) Because without understanding his past, he will not understand his future.
3. What change does Little Tree make that demonstrates how much he has learned from the loss of the money spent on the calf?
(a) He resolves to give his money to Granma to keep.
(b) He resolves to keep his extra money in his fruit jar instead of in his pocket.
(c) He resolves to give Granpa his money to keep.
(d) He resolves to bury his money in his secret place.
4. What does the author imply might be the reason for the special bond that exists between Mr. Wine and Little Tree's family?
(a) That they have both experienced prejudice and exclusion.
(b) That they both have lost their "Nation" and have relatives scattered all over.
(c) Thay they have both lost many relatives.
(d) That they both place a great emphasis on education.
5. What would be the most appropriate alternate title for Chapter 5?
(a) A Visit to the Settlement.
(b) Differences in Culture.
(c) Little Tree Learns of Chattanooga.
(d) The Big Black Car.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes the main theme of Chapter 2?
2. How is Granpa's approach to making whiskey different from that of the "city criminals" who just want to make money?
3. In Chapter 2, who has just died when Little Tree's relatives argue about where he should live?
4. How is the reader made aware that Pa eventually gets very close to the Indians?
5. Granma accidentally reads about a law introduced by George Washington and this gets Granpa very angry. What law is this?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)