|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, "Mr. Wine".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Granpa help Little Tree overcome feeling empty and sad after Ringer's death?
(a) He tells him to remember the good times with Ringer.
(b) He tells him he will feel better in a few days.
(c) He says the only way not to feel empty and sad is never to love anything, but then he will always feel sad and empty.
(d) He tells him to accept that Ringer is better off as he won't suffer anymore.
2. How is the reader made aware that Pa eventually gets very close to the Indians?
(a) He moves them closer to where he lives.
(b) He eventually marries one of the young daughters.
(c) He moves into their camp.
(d) He advises them on how to remain safe from the soldiers.
3. Why does Granma describe some people in the world as "dead"?
(a) They are only interested in oppressing others.
(b) They have no spirit-mind so they only see dirty if they look at a woman and they fail to see beauty in nature.
(c) They are cruel to women and abuse nature.
(d) They are only interested in material things.
4. In Chapter 16, what does the author suggest about the importance of the church teachings to Granpa and Little Tree?
(a) They don't fully understand what the church is about and are confused about the Bible stories.
(b) Granpa doesn't believe any of it but he wants Little Tree to work it out for himself.
(c) Granpa leaves this part of Little Tree's lessons to Granma.
(d) They are very involved in the church teachings and make certain they discuss the Bible stories for full understanding.
5. What do Little Tree and the sharecropper's daughter have in common?
(a) Both are poor.
(b) Both live off the land and have a strong sense of pride.
(c) Both are being deprived of education.
(d) Both are exposed to the challenges of being young in an adult world.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10 how does the author demonstrate that Little Tree has a conscience?
2. In Chapter 7, why does Granpa say that Little Tree looks like he is becoming a man?
3. What is the Trail of Tears?
4. When the soldiers drive the Cherokee from their land, how do the Cherokee show their pride?
5. According to his grandparents, why is it important for Little Tree to learn about his past?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)