|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, "Mr. Wine".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From the incident with the black car, what is revealed about Granpa's attitude towards words?
(a) Granpa finds words helpful in understanding other people.
(b) Granpa thinks there are too many words and he prefers the sound of speech rather than the words used.
(c) Granpa wants Little Tree to learn many new words.
(d) Granpa is eager to learn new words.
2. How do the two men from Chattanooga make fun of Little Tree?
(a) They tease him about belonging nowhere.
(b) They call him uneducated.
(c) They call him an unpleasant name because he does not recollect his father.
(d) They laugh at his moccasins.
3. At church, how does Granpa demonstrate his belief about the importance of self-sufficiency ?
(a) Granpa brings whiskey for the poor so they can learn how to sell it and save extra money.
(b) Instead of giving people money, he offers to teach them how to make whiskey.
(c) When a family loses all their furniture in a fire, Granpa brings them a chair and shows the man how to make it himself.
(d) Granpa gives no one anything; instead he offers to teach them how to plow the land for food.
4. What is the most important lesson that Little Tree learns from the stories heard in Chapter 5?
(a) That he has many relatives.
(b) The bad effects of fighting.
(c) That "kin" is all about the love and understanding between some people.
(d) That Granpa almost went to Chattanooga.
5. In Chapter 1, what does Little Tree's description of the woods around his new home reveal about his attitude to the surroundings?
(a) The sights and sounds terrify him.
(b) He is longing for his old surroundings.
(c) He finds the surroundings strange.
(d) He hates the sound of the wind but he likes the whispering wind.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the incident with the fox and hounds affect the relationship between Granpa and Little Tree?
2. What does Little Tree find interesting that makes him watch the umbrella spider for hours?
3. Why doesn't Granma scold Little Tree for getting wet in the woods?
4. What does the visitor in Chapter 7 do at dinner that tempts Little Tree to forget one of his lessons about taking things?
5. Where does Granma get books to read to Little Tree and Granpa?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)