|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, "Mr. Wine".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the narration, Little Tree says he discovers later on that Granma only read some parts of the stories about George Washington. What reason does Little Tree suggest for this?
(a) She doesn't want Little Tree exposed to violent stories.
(b) She thinks Granpa will get angry.
(c) She doesn't want to upset Little Tree.
(d) She wants Granpa to have someone to admire.
2. Which character comes to visit the family in Chapter 7?
(a) The sharecropper.
(b) Pine Billy.
(c) The lady from the big, black car.
(d) The preacher.
3. At the beginning of the novel, how is Little Tree taken to his new home?
(a) He goes by bus.
(b) He rides a bus part of the way and then walks.
(c) He goes by car.
(d) He walks.
4. In Chapter 15, how does Granma reassure Little Tree that his birth time is special and he will never be alone?
(a) She tells him he was born in the Spring and the bees buzzing around the new flowers will be his company.
(b) She explains that his birth time makes Summer his season and his company will always be the trees, birds, rain, and water that love him.
(c) She tells him he was born in Summer and the sun will always be his companion.
(d) She tells him he was born in the Spring so he will always have nature bursting out to keep his company.
5. What does the visitor in Chapter 7 do at dinner that tempts Little Tree to forget one of his lessons about taking things?
(a) He brings only three small corns so Little Tree has to do without.
(b) He tells Little Tree he can have one of the corns, and Little Tree is tempted to take the biggest one.
(c) He takes three slices of Granma's sweet potato pie, and Little Tree silently craves the last slice.
(d) He wears bright yellow high-top shoes that Little Tree secretly craves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the best alternate title for Chapter 6?
2. By allowing him to watch the chase, how does Granpa reinforce his earlier lessons to Little Tree about the ways of nature and animals?
3. Which of the following would be the best alternate title for Chapter 3?
4. What reasons are given in Chapter 4 for Granpa to keep the hounds?
5. At the end of Chapter 2, how does Little Tree feel?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)