|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, "Mr. Wine".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is this visitor in Chapter 7 hoping to become rich?
(a) By winning a writing competition and through a reward for alerting the police to the existence of a big criminal.
(b) Through a reward from the police for turning in a stolen black car.
(c) By selling a large piece of land to the government and then earn interest at the bank.
(d) Through a prize in a competition at the settlement.
2. How does Pa say farewell to Granpa when he is dying?
(a) He tells Granpa to continue to fight for the Nation.
(b) He tells Granpa it is time to surrender and end the fighting.
(c) He tells Granpa to remember his heritage and pass it on to other Cherokee.
(d) He reminds Granpa about kin and the fact that the mountains will not change and Pa tells him how much he cares for him.
3. At the end of Chapter 2, how does Little Tree feel?
(b) Satisfaction about being grown up.
(c) Sympathy for the small animals.
4. At the beginning of the novel, how is Little Tree taken to his new home?
(a) He goes by car.
(b) He rides a bus part of the way and then walks.
(c) He goes by bus.
(d) He walks.
5. Why does Granpa pay so much attention to praising Little Tree and making him feel important?
(a) To ensure that he will show respect to others.
(b) To make him grow up proud.
(c) To build up his self-esteem and sense of worth in a world that does not show the Cherokee much respect.
(d) To prevent him from missing his parents too much.
Short Answer Questions
1. In teaching Little Tree, how does Mr. Wine reinforce Granma's lessons about the spirit-mind and the body-mind?
2. According to Mr. Jenkins, who are the two men from Chattanooga and why are they looking for Granpa?
3. In Chapter 7, Little Tree's grandparents place emphasis on teaching him some more very important skills. Why do they do this?
4. How does Little Tree create a disturbance in church?
5. Why is the lady in the black car frustrated by Granpa's answer?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)