|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, "Mr. Wine".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of the chapter "The Farm in the Clearing", what inhuman scene does Granpa describe to Little Tree?
(a) He sees soldiers abusing the children.
(b) He sees a man and woman wearing leather harnesses and pulling a plow like mules.
(c) He sees a man with a stump for a leg being beaten by soldiers.
(d) He sees a man beating a woman and two children.
2. How does Granpa's disposal of the whiskey demonstrate that he is observing the lessons he teaches Little Tree about nature's ways?
(a) He only makes a small amount of whiskey.
(b) He sells the whiskey for just a little more than what they need to get by.
(c) He gives away most of the whiskey he makes.
(d) He keeps the whiskey in case of snake bites.
3. When Little Tree demonstrates that he has learned the lessons about nature, what name does Granpa say he would give him if he didn't have a name already?
(a) Little Hawk.
(b) Little Cherokee.
(c) Little Bee.
(d) Little Bear.
4. Where does Granma get books to read to Little Tree and Granpa?
(a) Granma reads books that Little Tree brought with him from his parents' home.
(b) Granma buys books at the settlement store.
(c) Granma reads books that Little Tree brings them from the school at the settlement.
(d) Little Tree and Granpa collect them from the library at the settlement.
5. In Chapter 7, Little Tree's grandparents place emphasis on teaching him some more very important skills. Why do they do this?
(a) They want to make sure he will be able to take care of them soon.
(b) They are making sure that Little Tree learns enough to be self-sufficient off the land.
(c) They want to make sure he will be a good father.
(d) They want to make sure he learns about his tribe's habits.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is this visitor in Chapter 7 hoping to become rich?
2. Which of the following is the best alternate title for Chapter 14?
3. Why does Granma describe some people in the world as "dead"?
4. What change does Little Tree make that demonstrates how much he has learned from the loss of the money spent on the calf?
5. According to Granma, why are secret places so important?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)