|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, "Mr. Wine".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the incident with the fox and hounds affect the relationship between Granpa and Little Tree?
(a) It has no effect on the relationship.
(b) It causes Little Tree to fear Granpa.
(c) It continues to deepen the growing bond between Granpa and Little Tree.
(d) It damages the relationship between Granpa and Little Tree.
2. In Chapter 6, the author reveals that Pa becomes a warrior late in his life. For whom does he fight?
(a) He fights for the Indians against the soldiers.
(b) He fights for the government against foreigners.
(c) He fights for the Confederates against the government.
(d) He fights for the Scottish army against the Americans.
3. According to Granpa's joke, why is Ti-bi robbed by the bear, the coon and the Cherokee?
(a) Because he does not watch out for the hawk.
(b) For taking more than he needs from nature.
(c) Because he leaves his surroundings unprotected.
(d) Because he eats too much and falls asleep.
4. As he goes up the trail, how does Little Tree become aware of "Mon-o-lah", the earth mother?
(a) Little Tree sees the earth mother in a cave.
(b) Little Tree sees the earth mother in a stream of water.
(c) Little Tree feels the earth mother through his special shoes.
(d) Little Tree hears the earth mother whispering in the wind.
5. According to Granpa's story about the farm, who was in charge of the land when Granpa was growing up?
(a) The Cherokees were in charge of the land.
(b) Granpa's family had the run of the land.
(c) The land was occupied by Union soldiers and run by politicians.
(d) The Confederates were in charge of the land.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the driver of the vehicle who takes Little Tree to his new home treat Granma and Granpa?
2. What does Little Tree find interesting that makes him watch the umbrella spider for hours?
3. At the beginning of the chapter "The Farm in the Clearing", what inhuman scene does Granpa describe to Little Tree?
4. By allowing him to watch the chase, how does Granpa reinforce his earlier lessons to Little Tree about the ways of nature and animals?
5. Why is it important for the author to reveal that Granpa and Granma have friends who visit them?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)