|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, "Mr. Wine".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Granpa suggest as the only logical explanation for this law of George Washington's that makes him so angry?
(a) Washington hates Cherokees.
(b) Washington is a thief.
(c) Washington got a blow in the head.
(d) Washington hates children.
2. In Chapter 4, why does Little Tree feel grown-up?
(a) Granma gives him a deer shirt like Granpa's to wear.
(b) Granma teaches him to make his own shirt.
(c) He is allowed to prepare the food.
(d) Granpa lets him go up the trail by himself.
3. In Chapter 2, what is the most important lesson that Little Tree learns about nature?
(a) That only the strong will survive.
(b) That small creatures need to be protected by larger ones.
(c) That the hawks help humans by killing dangerous animals.
(d) That there is a sense of balance in nature.
4. How does Granpa dispose of the whiskey he makes?
(a) He keeps most of it and sells the rest to the store.
(b) He gives away half and sells half.
(c) He sells most of it, keeps some, and gives away the rest.
(d) He sells nine gallons to a store and keeps two gallons for use at home.
5. Which of the following is the best alternate title for Chapter 14?
(a) Granma's Special Brew.
(b) .Little Tree Defends His Mountain.
(c) The Men from Chattanooga.
(d) City Slickers Outwit Mountain Dwellers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the part of the mountain trail between the mountains where the trail becomes thinner?
2. At the beginning of the chapter "The Farm in the Clearing", what inhuman scene does Granpa describe to Little Tree?
3. The author shares many Cherokee symbols with the reader. What is revealed in Chapter 14 about the meaning of an Indian holding up his palm?
4. What evidence is given in Chapter 16 that there is prejudice even in the church?
5. In teaching Little Tree, how does Mr. Wine reinforce Granma's lessons about the spirit-mind and the body-mind?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)