|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, "Mr. Wine".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Granpa help Little Tree relate the lessons about nature to the behavior of some people?
(a) Granpa says that people who take more than their share do better than others.
(b) Granpa teaches Little Tree that people who store and take more than their share contribute to wars, land-grabbing and changing nature's ways.
(c) Granpa says that people who take more than their share cause others to starve.
(d) Granpa says that people who take more than their share cause jealousy.
2. Referring to people who like to take and give handouts, what similarity does Granpa describe between some people and some countries?
(a) He says some people who take handouts are like some countries that depend on other countries like dogs.
(b) He says some countries treat other countries like dogs because they give them handouts.
(c) He says people who take and give handouts are like some countries that like people to be dependent on them so they can treat them like dogs.
(d) He says people who like to give charity are like some countries who help other countries and then run their affairs.
3. In Chapter 6, how does the author explain that Pa knows Indians are around?
(a) After leaving certain items in the forest, he comes back to find a long Indian knife, a tomahawk and only some of what he left.
(b) He sees smoke signals across the mountain.
(c) He sees the remains of fires and cooked meat.
(d) He hears the Indians whispering in the mountains.
4. What does Little Tree mean when he says that Granpa has a "sense of instinct"?
(a) That Granpa has a natural ability to understand what is going on among the animals during the chase.
(b) That Granpa is able to smell the animals from far away.
(c) That Granpa knows the trail very well.
(d) That Granpa has common sense.
5. In teaching Little Tree, how does Mr. Wine reinforce Granma's lessons about the spirit-mind and the body-mind?
(a) He says some education is for work and some for appreciating life.
(b) He says some education is technical and some is spiritual.
(c) He says there is modern, technical education to help you make a living and there is the education that makes you honest and caring.
(d) He says some education is practical and some is theoretical.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, why does Granpa say that Little Tree looks like he is becoming a man?
2. What is the Trail of Tears?
3. In regard to the family that Granpa sees facing hardships on the farm, what do Granpa and the soldiers have in common?
4. Why does Granpa want Little Tree to learn his trade when he is only six-years-old?
5. In what special activity do Little Tree and his grandparents participate on weekend evenings during the winter?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)