|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, "Mr. Wine".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Granma get books to read to Little Tree and Granpa?
(a) Little Tree and Granpa collect them from the library at the settlement.
(b) Granma buys books at the settlement store.
(c) Granma reads books that Little Tree brought with him from his parents' home.
(d) Granma reads books that Little Tree brings them from the school at the settlement.
2. At church, how does Granpa demonstrate his belief about the importance of self-sufficiency ?
(a) Instead of giving people money, he offers to teach them how to make whiskey.
(b) Granpa gives no one anything; instead he offers to teach them how to plow the land for food.
(c) When a family loses all their furniture in a fire, Granpa brings them a chair and shows the man how to make it himself.
(d) Granpa brings whiskey for the poor so they can learn how to sell it and save extra money.
3. What reasons are given in Chapter 4 for Granpa to keep the hounds?
(a) To guard the crops and cabin and to have fun fox-hunting.
(b) To keep away people from the settlement.
(c) To keep away the other Cherokee.
(d) To protect Granma when she is alone.
4. At the beginning of the novel, how is Little Tree taken to his new home?
(a) He goes by bus.
(b) He rides a bus part of the way and then walks.
(c) He goes by car.
(d) He walks.
5. In Chapter 10 how does the author demonstrate that Little Tree has a conscience?
(a) He gives back coins to Granpa that he finds in the kitchen.
(b) He gives Mr. Jenkins the unopened candy he finds on the floor.
(c) He feels bad to accept candy from Mr. Jenkins just for taking up woodchips.
(d) He tells Mr.Jenkins that one bottle of whiskey is not filled up right.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Granpa's joke, why is Ti-bi robbed by the bear, the coon and the Cherokee?
2. What does Little Tree learn about Granpa when he hears him say "I kin ye Bonnie Bee"?
3. What do Little Tree and the sharecropper's daughter have in common?
4. What two important characteristics of Granpa are revealed by the description of the fox and the hounds episode?
5. Which of the following is the best alternate title for Chapter 6?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)