|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, "Mr. Wine".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Little Tree planning to do with the extra coins he is keeping in his pocket from his savings?
(a) Buy a hat for Granpa.
(b) Buy a candy box for Granma's Christmas present.
(c) Buy a dictionary to learn new words.
(d) Buy candy for the sharecropper's daughter.
2. According to Granma, why are secret places so important?
(a) They allow each person to pray.
(b) They nurture each individual's spirit body.
(c) They allow each person to read in a quiet place.
(d) They allow each person to hide away when faced with danger.
3. Which books are Granma's favorites to read?
(a) Books about the Cherokees.
(b) Bible stories.
(c) Books with poems and songs about children.
(d) Shakespeare's plays.
4. How does the preacher make Granpa angry in some of his sermons?
(a) He talks a lot about Pharisees or separates, while looking and pointing straight at Granpa's family.
(b) He rants and raves about whiskey makers.
(c) He talks with contempt about the Cherokee.
(d) He talks with contempt about the Catholics.
5. In the incident with the two men from Chattanooga, how does Little Tree demonstrate that he is becoming clever and less trusting?
(a) He takes the dollar and then tells them he doesn't know Granpa.
(b) He takes the dollar they offer him to lead them to Granpa but he leads them away from the stills.
(c) He asks for two dollars instead and leads them away from the trail.
(d) He takes the dollar and tells them Granpa is at the settlement.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 15, how does Granma reassure Little Tree that his birth time is special and he will never be alone?
2. What does the author imply might be the reason for the special bond that exists between Mr. Wine and Little Tree's family?
3. According to Granpa's story, why did his father's friend enter the church with a pistol?
4. What does the woman in the black car ask when she stops Little Tree and Granpa on their way back from the settlement?
5. According to his grandparents, why is it important for Little Tree to learn about his past?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)