|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, "Granpa's Trade".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Granma, what happens to people who use the body-living mind for greedy purposes?
(a) They suffer because they have no spirit of generosity.
(b) The spirit-mind shrinks and in rebirth, the child is born with a small spirit-mind that could eventually disappear and be completely lost.
(c) They suffer because other people hate their prosperity.
(d) They are the ones who acquire wealth and power.
2. Granma accidentally reads about a law introduced by George Washington and this gets Granpa very angry. What law is this?
(a) A tax on Cherokee lands.
(b) A law to send all Cherokee children to orphanages for proper education.
(c) A tax on whiskey.
(d) A law to force Cherokees to live in modern houses.
3. In Chapter 1, what does Little Tree's description of the woods around his new home reveal about his attitude to the surroundings?
(a) He hates the sound of the wind but he likes the whispering wind.
(b) The sights and sounds terrify him.
(c) He finds the surroundings strange.
(d) He is longing for his old surroundings.
4. What does Granma make for Little Tree to wear for his first walk up the trail with Granpa?
(a) Boot moccasins.
(b) A bag to take his food.
(c) A hat to protect him from the sun.
(d) A warm coat.
5. What does the woman in the black car ask when she stops Little Tree and Granpa on their way back from the settlement?
(a) The way to Chattanooga.
(b) The way to the church.
(c) The way to the cabin.
(d) If they want a ride home.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, how does Little Tree demonstrate that he has learned Granpa's lesson about nature's ways?
2. How does Granma help Little Tree to understand the relationship between nature and human development?
3. What is the name of the part of the mountain trail between the mountains where the trail becomes thinner?
4. Which of the following best describes the main theme of Chapter 2?
5. Why does Granpa enjoy hunting even though he has never killed a fox in his life?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)