|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, "Granpa's Trade".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Granma make for Little Tree to wear for his first walk up the trail with Granpa?
(a) A warm coat.
(b) A bag to take his food.
(c) Boot moccasins.
(d) A hat to protect him from the sun.
2. Why is it important for the author to reveal that Granpa and Granma have friends who visit them?
(a) To make it clear that everyone is not racially prejudiced.
(b) To make it clear that Little Tree is being protected.
(c) To make it clear that Little Tree is kept away from adults who are not Cherokee.
(d) To make it clear that Little Tree's grandparents are not bringing him up in a way that isolates him from other people.
3. Which books are Granma's favorites to read?
(a) Bible stories.
(b) Shakespeare's plays.
(c) Books about the Cherokees.
(d) Books with poems and songs about children.
4. When the soldiers drive the Cherokee from their land, how do the Cherokee show their pride?
(a) They look straight ahead as they march and refuse rides in the soldiers' wagons.
(b) They sing brave songs on the journey.
(c) They fight back and repel the soldiers.
(d) They plant their nation's flag where every Cherokee is buried.
5. How does the incident with the fox and hounds affect the relationship between Granpa and Little Tree?
(a) It causes Little Tree to fear Granpa.
(b) It continues to deepen the growing bond between Granpa and Little Tree.
(c) It has no effect on the relationship.
(d) It damages the relationship between Granpa and Little Tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the narration, Little Tree says he discovers later on that Granma only read some parts of the stories about George Washington. What reason does Little Tree suggest for this?
2. In Chapter 6, the author reveals that Pa becomes a warrior late in his life. For whom does he fight?
3. In the early chapters of the book, what kind of education is Little Tree receiving from his grandparents?
4. Which of the following would be the best alternate title for Chapter 3?
5. According to Little Tree, why do the white mountain men in the area respect Granpa?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)