|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, "Granpa's Trade".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the soldiers drive the Cherokee from their land, how do the Cherokee show their pride?
(a) They look straight ahead as they march and refuse rides in the soldiers' wagons.
(b) They plant their nation's flag where every Cherokee is buried.
(c) They sing brave songs on the journey.
(d) They fight back and repel the soldiers.
2. In the early chapters of the book, what kind of education is Little Tree receiving from his grandparents?
(a) An education about becoming a hunter.
(b) An education about responsibility.
(c) A varied and practical education.
(d) An education that is limited to the Cherokee way of life.
3. Why is the lady in the black car frustrated by Granpa's answer?
(a) She thinks Granpa is deaf.
(b) She thinks Granpa is a foreigner.
(c) She thinks Granpa is being rude.
(d) Granpa directs them toward a mountain, due west.
4. In Little Tree's new home, what is the "dogtrot"?
(a) A place where dogs are fed.
(b) A place for dogs to sleep.
(c) An open hallway to let hounds through.
(d) An exercise room.
5. From the incident with the black car, what is revealed about Granpa's attitude towards words?
(a) Granpa thinks there are too many words and he prefers the sound of speech rather than the words used.
(b) Granpa finds words helpful in understanding other people.
(c) Granpa wants Little Tree to learn many new words.
(d) Granpa is eager to learn new words.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Little Tree demonstrates that he has learned the lessons about nature, what name does Granpa say he would give him if he didn't have a name already?
2. In Chapter 2, what is the most important lesson that Little Tree learns about nature?
3. According to Granpa's joke, why is Ti-bi robbed by the bear, the coon and the Cherokee?
4. How does Granpa dispose of the whiskey he makes?
5. Why does Granpa pay so much attention to praising Little Tree and making him feel important?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)