|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, "Granpa's Trade".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Granma respond when Little Tree gives her musk bugs?
(a) She praises Little Tree for spreading good by sharing whatever good one finds.
(b) She gathers them in a bottle to make the cabin smell good.
(c) She calls Granpa to complain about what Little Tree has done.
(d) She is frightened and asks him to take them away.
2. Whose scent does Granpa expect the hounds to pick up to start the hunt in Chapter 4?
(a) Ol' Runner, the fox.
(b) Ol' Slipper, the fox.
(c) Ol' Trickster, the fox.
(d) Ol' Slick, the fox.
3. Why is it important for the author to reveal that Granpa and Granma have friends who visit them?
(a) To make it clear that Little Tree is being protected.
(b) To make it clear that Little Tree's grandparents are not bringing him up in a way that isolates him from other people.
(c) To make it clear that everyone is not racially prejudiced.
(d) To make it clear that Little Tree is kept away from adults who are not Cherokee.
4. What is the Hangin' Gap?
(a) The gap between the two mountains.
(b) The space between two streams in the mountain.
(c) A creek in the thin part of the trail.
(d) The place where Cherokees hang those who steal animals.
5. In the mountains in Chapter 2, what does Little Tree see Tal-con doing?
(a) Climbing trees.
(b) Swooping down to kill a quail.
(c) Chasing ground rats.
(d) Setting a trap for turkeys.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the most important lesson that Little Tree learns from the stories heard in Chapter 5?
2. According to Granma, why are secret places so important?
3. Why does Granma describe some people in the world as "dead"?
4. How does Granma help Little Tree to understand the relationship between nature and human development?
5. According to Granpa's joke, why is Ti-bi robbed by the bear, the coon and the Cherokee?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)