|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, "Granpa's Trade".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the incident between Little Tree and the lawmen on the mountain demonstrate about Little Tree?
(a) That he loves Granpa but he is afraid of the men with badges.
(b) His bravery and commitment to protecting Granpa and the whiskey still from outsiders.
(c) That he knows where to hide in the mountains.
(d) That he knows the signals necessary to warn Granpa when others are approaching.
2. How does Granma help Little Tree to understand the relationship between nature and human development?
(a) Granma explains that Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter are the periods of spiritual growth in a person's life.
(b) Granma explains that the seasons are times when humans should learn from nature how to improve.
(c) Granma explains that Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter are periods in nature just as birth, adulthood, ageing and death are phases in human life.
(d) Granma explains that Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter are like childhood, adolescence and maturity in humans.
3. At the end of Chapter 2, how does Little Tree feel?
(c) Satisfaction about being grown up.
(d) Sympathy for the small animals.
4. Why does Granpa object to people who age whiskey?
(a) He believes they are trying to disguise bad whiskey by keeping it longer.
(b) He believes they age whiskey to disguise the substances they add to it.
(c) He believes that they are trying to make extra money.
(d) He believes rich men scheme to convince people that aged whiskey is better.
5. What is Granpa's reason for taking Little Tree on this walk up the trail?
(a) To expose him to the animals and teach him "The Way".
(b) To show him the way up to the mountains so he can see the sunrise.
(c) To show him the bees at work.
(d) To teach him how to hunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Little Tree's grandparents reveal about the Cherokee style of passing on information and lessons from one generation to the other?
2. Which of the following is the best alternate title for Chapter 6?
3. According to Granpa's joke, why is Ti-bi robbed by the bear, the coon and the Cherokee?
4. According to Chapter 3, how does Granpa feel about politicians and authority figures?
5. In Chapter 1, what does Little Tree's description of the woods around his new home reveal about his attitude to the surroundings?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)