|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, "Granpa's Trade".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who guides the family when it comes to books, decisions and words?
(d) The librarian.
2. What is the Hangin' Gap?
(a) The place where Cherokees hang those who steal animals.
(b) A creek in the thin part of the trail.
(c) The gap between the two mountains.
(d) The space between two streams in the mountain.
3. How does Granpa help Little Tree relate the lessons about nature to the behavior of some people?
(a) Granpa says that people who take more than their share cause others to starve.
(b) Granpa says that people who take more than their share do better than others.
(c) Granpa teaches Little Tree that people who store and take more than their share contribute to wars, land-grabbing and changing nature's ways.
(d) Granpa says that people who take more than their share cause jealousy.
4. Why does Granpa enjoy hunting even though he has never killed a fox in his life?
(a) Granpa enjoys hunting because it keeps him active.
(b) Granpa enjoys hunting because it makes Little Tree laugh.
(c) Granpa enjoys the fun of watching the hounds chase the fox and then seeing the fox outwit the hounds.
(d) Granpa enjoys hunting because of the lessons he learns from it.
5. According to Granpa's joke, why is Ti-bi robbed by the bear, the coon and the Cherokee?
(a) Because he does not watch out for the hawk.
(b) Because he leaves his surroundings unprotected.
(c) For taking more than he needs from nature.
(d) Because he eats too much and falls asleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. From the incident with the black car, what is revealed about Granpa's attitude towards words?
2. At the end of Chapter 2, how does Little Tree feel?
3. What is the difference between the author's portrayal of the visitor in Chapter 7 and the way in which the innocent Little Tree views him?
4. How does Granpa dispose of the whiskey he makes?
5. How does Granpa's disposal of the whiskey demonstrate that he is observing the lessons he teaches Little Tree about nature's ways?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)