|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, "Granpa's Trade".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reasons are given in Chapter 4 for Granpa to keep the hounds?
(a) To guard the crops and cabin and to have fun fox-hunting.
(b) To keep away the other Cherokee.
(c) To keep away people from the settlement.
(d) To protect Granma when she is alone.
2. How does Granpa teach Little Tree respect for the small creatures in Chapter 8?
(a) To set the spiders back in the ferns when they fall into the water.
(b) To stay away from the spiders and the frogs.
(c) To catch the tadpoles and place them in a jar for safety.
(d) To avoid disturbing the frogs' songs by walking on tiptoes.
3. What does Granma make for Little Tree to wear for his first walk up the trail with Granpa?
(a) A warm coat.
(b) A hat to protect him from the sun.
(c) Boot moccasins.
(d) A bag to take his food.
4. Why does the author cause Little Tree to be exposed to the Cherokee views about human nature at such an early age?
(a) To prepare him for future events in which he will see the good and evil in human nature.
(b) To help Little Tree understand things in case Granpa and Granma die.
(c) He wants Little Tree to know very early about the superstitious beliefs that he should avoid.
(d) To show Little Tree that there is more depth in Granma than there is in Granpa.
5. What happens in Chapter 8 to suggest that Little Tree has a natural tendency towards some Cherokee ways?
(a) He finds himself a special "secret" place and Granma tells him all Cherokees have secret places.
(b) He is naturally attracted to the medicinal herbs that Granma collects.
(c) He is naturally attracted to the spiders weaving their webs.
(d) He is naturally attracted to the songs of the frogs.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Chapter 2 end?
2. Which of the following is the best alternate title for Chapter 6?
3. How does the driver of the vehicle who takes Little Tree to his new home treat Granma and Granpa?
4. How do the Cherokee who escape from the soldiers into the hollows survive?
5. What does the visitor in Chapter 7 do at dinner that tempts Little Tree to forget one of his lessons about taking things?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)