|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, "Granpa's Trade".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Little Tree learn about Granpa when he hears him say "I kin ye Bonnie Bee"?
(a) That Granpa will take care of Granma.
(b) That Granma is a good worker.
(c) Little Tree learns of the love and understanding that Granpa has for Granma.
(d) That Granma takes care of the bees.
2. Why does Granpa object to people who age whiskey?
(a) He believes they age whiskey to disguise the substances they add to it.
(b) He believes that they are trying to make extra money.
(c) He believes they are trying to disguise bad whiskey by keeping it longer.
(d) He believes rich men scheme to convince people that aged whiskey is better.
3. What is Little Tree's responsibility in producing the whiskey?
(a) He helps to pour the sugar in the whiskey.
(b) He helps to stir and clean the pot.
(c) He helps to carry the whiskey to the store.
(d) He helps to bottle the whiskey.
4. At the beginning of the novel, how is Little Tree taken to his new home?
(a) He goes by bus.
(b) He goes by car.
(c) He rides a bus part of the way and then walks.
(d) He walks.
5. How does Chapter 2 end?
(a) With a poem about love of nature.
(b) With a poem about Mon-o-lah and The Way.
(c) With a poem about the animals.
(d) With a poem about the sunrise on the mountain.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, how does Little Tree demonstrate that he has learned Granpa's lesson about nature's ways?
2. What is Granpa's reason for taking Little Tree on this walk up the trail?
3. What does Granma make for Little Tree to wear for his first walk up the trail with Granpa?
4. By allowing him to watch the chase, how does Granpa reinforce his earlier lessons to Little Tree about the ways of nature and animals?
5. Which of the following best describes the theme of the opening chapter?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)