|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, "Granpa's Trade".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the part of the mountain trail between the mountains where the trail becomes thinner?
(a) The Narrows.
(b) Thinning Trail.
(c) Narrow Trail.
2. Why does the author show that important lessons for Little Tree come from Granma and not Granpa?
(a) To show that there is a bond between Granma and Little Tree that does not exist between Little Tree and Granpa.
(b) To show that Granpa has no spiritual side so Granma has to do it.
(c) To show that Granma is more knowledgeable about important things.
(d) To show that both his grandparents play equally important roles in shaping his development.
3. What is Little Tree learning from the way in which Granma and Granpa deal with any extra money that they get from the whiskey?
(a) To take the money to the bank.
(b) To make a list of things to buy with extra money.
(c) The importance of giving extra money to those who are worse off.
(d) The importance of saving extra money.
4. What is the Trail of Tears?
(a) The path up the mountain where Cherokee go to mourn their dead.
(b) The journey made by Cherokee each year to commemorate the loss of their nation.
(c) The journey towards the burial ground of the Cherokee.
(d) The journey made by the Cherokee Nation when army soldiers force them to move to new lands.
5. In Chapter 1, what does Little Tree's description of the woods around his new home reveal about his attitude to the surroundings?
(a) He finds the surroundings strange.
(b) He hates the sound of the wind but he likes the whispering wind.
(c) The sights and sounds terrify him.
(d) He is longing for his old surroundings.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what is the most important lesson that Little Tree learns about nature?
2. What is the most important lesson that Little Tree learns from the stories heard in Chapter 5?
3. How is the reader made aware that Pa eventually gets very close to the Indians?
4. In the mountains in Chapter 2, what does Little Tree see Tal-con doing?
5. What makes Little Tree go to bed feeling happier in spite of his loss in Chapter 1?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)