|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, "Granpa's Trade".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Granpa object to people who age whiskey?
(a) He believes they age whiskey to disguise the substances they add to it.
(b) He believes that they are trying to make extra money.
(c) He believes rich men scheme to convince people that aged whiskey is better.
(d) He believes they are trying to disguise bad whiskey by keeping it longer.
2. What does the reader learn about Granpa from his reaction to the lady in the black car who is rude to him?
(a) He is afraid of people who insult others.
(b) He has a very bad temper.
(c) He does not understand insults.
(d) He is able to maintain his dignity even when treated badly.
3. According to Granpa's story, why did his father's friend enter the church with a pistol?
(a) Because having fought battles all his life and lost everything, he has nothing more to fight about.
(b) The people in the church have been saying bad things about him.
(c) He has lost his home and family.
(d) He believes the preacher's sermon is against him.
4. What is the mode of narration used by the author to tell the story?
(a) The author uses a second person point of view.
(b) The author is the narrator and knows everything.
(c) The author uses first person from a child's perspective.
(d) The author uses a third person narrator who is not in the story.
5. Why is the lady in the black car frustrated by Granpa's answer?
(a) She thinks Granpa is being rude.
(b) She thinks Granpa is deaf.
(c) She thinks Granpa is a foreigner.
(d) Granpa directs them toward a mountain, due west.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose scent does Granpa expect the hounds to pick up to start the hunt in Chapter 4?
2. What does the visitor in Chapter 7 do at dinner that tempts Little Tree to forget one of his lessons about taking things?
3. How does the driver of the vehicle who takes Little Tree to his new home treat Granma and Granpa?
4. How does Granpa dispose of the whiskey he makes?
5. What is the name of the part of the mountain trail between the mountains where the trail becomes thinner?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)