|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, "Granpa's Trade".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the lady in the black car frustrated by Granpa's answer?
(a) She thinks Granpa is being rude.
(b) She thinks Granpa is deaf.
(c) Granpa directs them toward a mountain, due west.
(d) She thinks Granpa is a foreigner.
2. By allowing him to watch the chase, how does Granpa reinforce his earlier lessons to Little Tree about the ways of nature and animals?
(a) By not allowing the fox to kill the hounds.
(b) By never killing the fox, which he does not need.
(c) By telling Little Tree it is wrong to kill.
(d) By not allowing the hounds to kill the fox.
3. Which of the following best describes the theme of the opening chapter?
(b) Growing up.
(c) Family relationships.
(d) Loss and and a new beginning.
4. According to Granpa's joke, why is Ti-bi robbed by the bear, the coon and the Cherokee?
(a) Because he eats too much and falls asleep.
(b) Because he does not watch out for the hawk.
(c) For taking more than he needs from nature.
(d) Because he leaves his surroundings unprotected.
5. What helps to determine whether Granpa and Granma light the coal oil lamp in the evenings during winter?
(a) The cost of a nickel to fill the coal oil lamp.
(b) The weather.
(c) The time when they go to bed.
(d) The time when the sun sets.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Chapter 3, how does Granpa feel about politicians and authority figures?
2. How does Chapter 2 end?
3. According to Granpa's story, why did his father's friend enter the church with a pistol?
4. Where does Granma get books to read to Little Tree and Granpa?
5. What is the most important lesson that Little Tree learns from the stories heard in Chapter 5?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)