|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, "Granpa's Trade".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 1, what kind of house is Little Tree taken to by his grandparents?
(a) A cabin.
(b) A bungalow.
(c) A cottage.
(d) A tepee.
2. Which of the following best describes the main theme of Chapter 2?
(a) Granpa shares his knowledge about hunting.
(b) A young boy learns to survive in the mountains.
(c) How animals survive in the wild.
(d) A young boy learns to appreciate nature.
3. Why does the author cause Little Tree to be exposed to the Cherokee views about human nature at such an early age?
(a) To show Little Tree that there is more depth in Granma than there is in Granpa.
(b) He wants Little Tree to know very early about the superstitious beliefs that he should avoid.
(c) To help Little Tree understand things in case Granpa and Granma die.
(d) To prepare him for future events in which he will see the good and evil in human nature.
4. What is the unique mark on Granpa's whiskey jar?
(a) A mark to remind him of his Scottish ancestry.
(b) A mark shaped like a tomahawk.
(c) A mark shaped like the fox.
(d) A mark shaped like the whiskey still.
5. What does Little Tree find interesting that makes him watch the umbrella spider for hours?
(a) How the spider crawls back to the same place repeatedly.
(b) How persistent the spider is in building a wide web across ferns, even though it keeps falling into the water.
(c) How the spider outwits and eats several flies.
(d) How the spider climbs out of the water.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the driver of the vehicle who takes Little Tree to his new home treat Granma and Granpa?
2. What is the most important lesson that Little Tree learns from the stories heard in Chapter 5?
3. As he goes up the trail, how does Little Tree become aware of "Mon-o-lah", the earth mother?
4. In Chapter 2, who has just died when Little Tree's relatives argue about where he should live?
5. What does Little Tree learn about Granpa when he hears him say "I kin ye Bonnie Bee"?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)