|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, "Granpa's Trade".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the reader made aware that Pa eventually gets very close to the Indians?
(a) He eventually marries one of the young daughters.
(b) He advises them on how to remain safe from the soldiers.
(c) He moves into their camp.
(d) He moves them closer to where he lives.
2. In Little Tree's new home, what is the "dogtrot"?
(a) A place where dogs are fed.
(b) An exercise room.
(c) A place for dogs to sleep.
(d) An open hallway to let hounds through.
3. In Chapter 2, who has just died when Little Tree's relatives argue about where he should live?
(a) Willow John.
(c) Little Tree's mother.
(d) Red Wing.
4. What does the reader learn about Granpa from his reaction to the lady in the black car who is rude to him?
(a) He has a very bad temper.
(b) He does not understand insults.
(c) He is able to maintain his dignity even when treated badly.
(d) He is afraid of people who insult others.
5. Why does Granpa object to people who age whiskey?
(a) He believes they age whiskey to disguise the substances they add to it.
(b) He believes that they are trying to make extra money.
(c) He believes they are trying to disguise bad whiskey by keeping it longer.
(d) He believes rich men scheme to convince people that aged whiskey is better.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what does Little Tree's description of the woods around his new home reveal about his attitude to the surroundings?
2. How is this visitor in Chapter 7 hoping to become rich?
3. In the early chapters of the book, what kind of education is Little Tree receiving from his grandparents?
4. What is the mode of narration used by the author to tell the story?
5. At the beginning of the novel, how is Little Tree taken to his new home?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)