|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, "Granpa's Trade".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the narration, Little Tree says he discovers later on that Granma only read some parts of the stories about George Washington. What reason does Little Tree suggest for this?
(a) She doesn't want Little Tree exposed to violent stories.
(b) She thinks Granpa will get angry.
(c) She doesn't want to upset Little Tree.
(d) She wants Granpa to have someone to admire.
2. Whose scent does Granpa expect the hounds to pick up to start the hunt in Chapter 4?
(a) Ol' Runner, the fox.
(b) Ol' Slick, the fox.
(c) Ol' Slipper, the fox.
(d) Ol' Trickster, the fox.
3. From the incident with the black car, what is revealed about Granpa's attitude towards words?
(a) Granpa is eager to learn new words.
(b) Granpa wants Little Tree to learn many new words.
(c) Granpa thinks there are too many words and he prefers the sound of speech rather than the words used.
(d) Granpa finds words helpful in understanding other people.
4. How do Granma and Granpa portray the 'Trail of Tears' for Little Tree?
(a) As an incident of shame and cowardice.
(b) As an incident of cruelty from which the Cherokee never recovered.
(c) As an incident of fierce aggression by the Cherokee.
(d) As an incident of cruelty in which the Cherokee displayed pride.
5. What does Little Tree mean when he says that Granpa has a "sense of instinct"?
(a) That Granpa is able to smell the animals from far away.
(b) That Granpa has a natural ability to understand what is going on among the animals during the chase.
(c) That Granpa knows the trail very well.
(d) That Granpa has common sense.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the best alternate title for Chapter 6?
2. What would be the most appropriate alternate title for Chapter 5?
3. Why does the author show that important lessons for Little Tree come from Granma and not Granpa?
4. What makes Little Tree go to bed feeling happier in spite of his loss in Chapter 1?
5. Why is the lady in the black car frustrated by Granpa's answer?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)