|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, "Granpa's Trade".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 6, how does the author explain that Pa knows Indians are around?
(a) He sees the remains of fires and cooked meat.
(b) He sees smoke signals across the mountain.
(c) He hears the Indians whispering in the mountains.
(d) After leaving certain items in the forest, he comes back to find a long Indian knife, a tomahawk and only some of what he left.
2. How does the author reveal that the policeman might be wrong to put the driver of the black car in jail?
(a) The policeman does not allow the driver to explain himself properly.
(b) The policeman does not read the driver his rights.
(c) The policeman takes the visitor's word that the driver is speeding.
(d) The policeman throws the driver of the car in jail for saying he is from Chicago when the license plate says Illinois, but Chicago is in Illinois.
3. From the incident with the black car, what is revealed about Granpa's attitude towards words?
(a) Granpa is eager to learn new words.
(b) Granpa thinks there are too many words and he prefers the sound of speech rather than the words used.
(c) Granpa finds words helpful in understanding other people.
(d) Granpa wants Little Tree to learn many new words.
4. In Chapter 2, who has just died when Little Tree's relatives argue about where he should live?
(a) Willow John.
(b) Little Tree's mother.
(d) Red Wing.
5. What helps to determine whether Granpa and Granma light the coal oil lamp in the evenings during winter?
(a) The cost of a nickel to fill the coal oil lamp.
(b) The time when the sun sets.
(c) The time when they go to bed.
(d) The weather.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Granpa teach Little Tree respect for the small creatures in Chapter 8?
2. What happens in Chapter 8 to suggest that Little Tree has a natural tendency towards some Cherokee ways?
3. How is this visitor in Chapter 7 hoping to become rich?
4. What does the incident between Little Tree and the lawmen on the mountain demonstrate about Little Tree?
5. Whose scent does Granpa expect the hounds to pick up to start the hunt in Chapter 4?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)