|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, "The Secret Place".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Chapter 2 end?
(a) With a poem about the animals.
(b) With a poem about the sunrise on the mountain.
(c) With a poem about love of nature.
(d) With a poem about Mon-o-lah and The Way.
2. Who guides the family when it comes to books, decisions and words?
(b) The librarian.
3. According to his grandparents, why is it important for Little Tree to learn about his past?
(a) Because he will have to teach his own children about the past.
(b) Because it will help him understand the Cherokee ways.
(c) Because without understanding his past, he will not understand his future.
(d) So he will know about his relatives.
4. In the mountains in Chapter 2, what does Little Tree see Tal-con doing?
(a) Swooping down to kill a quail.
(b) Climbing trees.
(c) Setting a trap for turkeys.
(d) Chasing ground rats.
5. What makes Little Tree go to bed feeling happier in spite of his loss in Chapter 1?
(a) A good supper.
(b) He holds a gift from his mother as he goes to sleep.
(c) Granma and Granpa promise to take care of him.
(d) Granma sings him a song that makes him understand his new name.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes the main theme of Chapter 2?
2. What does the woman in the black car ask when she stops Little Tree and Granpa on their way back from the settlement?
3. What does Granma make for Little Tree to wear for his first walk up the trail with Granpa?
4. What does Little Tree find interesting that makes him watch the umbrella spider for hours?
5. How old is Little Tree when the novel begins?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)