|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, "The Secret Place".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the mountains in Chapter 2, what does Little Tree see Tal-con doing?
(a) Swooping down to kill a quail.
(b) Climbing trees.
(c) Setting a trap for turkeys.
(d) Chasing ground rats.
2. In the early chapters of the book, what kind of education is Little Tree receiving from his grandparents?
(a) An education about becoming a hunter.
(b) An education that is limited to the Cherokee way of life.
(c) An education about responsibility.
(d) A varied and practical education.
3. According to Granma, what happens to people who use the body-living mind for greedy purposes?
(a) They are the ones who acquire wealth and power.
(b) They suffer because other people hate their prosperity.
(c) They suffer because they have no spirit of generosity.
(d) The spirit-mind shrinks and in rebirth, the child is born with a small spirit-mind that could eventually disappear and be completely lost.
4. Whose scent does Granpa expect the hounds to pick up to start the hunt in Chapter 4?
(a) Ol' Trickster, the fox.
(b) Ol' Slipper, the fox.
(c) Ol' Slick, the fox.
(d) Ol' Runner, the fox.
5. Where does Granma get books to read to Little Tree and Granpa?
(a) Little Tree and Granpa collect them from the library at the settlement.
(b) Granma buys books at the settlement store.
(c) Granma reads books that Little Tree brought with him from his parents' home.
(d) Granma reads books that Little Tree brings them from the school at the settlement.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Smokehouse and what role does he play in Chapter 7?
2. Which of the following is the best alternate title for Chapter 6?
3. According to Little Tree, why do the white mountain men in the area respect Granpa?
4. In Chapter 6, how does the author explain that Pa knows Indians are around?
5. How does the author reveal that the policeman might be wrong to put the driver of the black car in jail?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)