|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, "The Secret Place".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 6, how does the author explain that Pa knows Indians are around?
(a) He hears the Indians whispering in the mountains.
(b) After leaving certain items in the forest, he comes back to find a long Indian knife, a tomahawk and only some of what he left.
(c) He sees smoke signals across the mountain.
(d) He sees the remains of fires and cooked meat.
2. How old is Little Tree when the novel begins?
(a) Five years old.
(b) Six years old.
(c) Nine years old.
(d) Seven years old.
3. What do Little Tree's grandparents reveal about the Cherokee style of passing on information and lessons from one generation to the other?
(a) They use symbols on caves.
(b) There is no writing system so valuable information is lost.
(c) They use the oral tradition in which stories are used to pass on information.
(d) They use a special writing system.
4. How does Granma respond when Little Tree gives her musk bugs?
(a) She gathers them in a bottle to make the cabin smell good.
(b) She praises Little Tree for spreading good by sharing whatever good one finds.
(c) She calls Granpa to complain about what Little Tree has done.
(d) She is frightened and asks him to take them away.
5. According to Granpa's joke, why is Ti-bi robbed by the bear, the coon and the Cherokee?
(a) Because he leaves his surroundings unprotected.
(b) Because he does not watch out for the hawk.
(c) Because he eats too much and falls asleep.
(d) For taking more than he needs from nature.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the reader learn about Granpa from his reaction to the lady in the black car who is rude to him?
2. What happens in Chapter 8 to suggest that Little Tree has a natural tendency towards some Cherokee ways?
3. How is this visitor in Chapter 7 hoping to become rich?
4. Which of the following best describes the main theme of Chapter 2?
5. How do Granma and Granpa portray the 'Trail of Tears' for Little Tree?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)