|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, "The Secret Place".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the best alternate title for Chapter 6?
(b) Understanding the Past.
(c) The Lost People.
(d) Survival of the Strong.
2. When the soldiers drive the Cherokee from their land, how do the Cherokee show their pride?
(a) They sing brave songs on the journey.
(b) They look straight ahead as they march and refuse rides in the soldiers' wagons.
(c) They plant their nation's flag where every Cherokee is buried.
(d) They fight back and repel the soldiers.
3. What would be the most appropriate alternate title for Chapter 4?
(a) Mountain Hunting.
(b) Granpa's Way of Hunting.
(c) The Fox outwits the Hounds.
(d) Little Tree Takes A Fox.
4. How does Granpa help Little Tree relate the lessons about nature to the behavior of some people?
(a) Granpa says that people who take more than their share cause jealousy.
(b) Granpa says that people who take more than their share do better than others.
(c) Granpa says that people who take more than their share cause others to starve.
(d) Granpa teaches Little Tree that people who store and take more than their share contribute to wars, land-grabbing and changing nature's ways.
5. What does Granma make for Little Tree to wear for his first walk up the trail with Granpa?
(a) Boot moccasins.
(b) A hat to protect him from the sun.
(c) A warm coat.
(d) A bag to take his food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Trail of Tears?
2. What is the Hangin' Gap?
3. What does the woman in the black car ask when she stops Little Tree and Granpa on their way back from the settlement?
4. Whose scent does Granpa expect the hounds to pick up to start the hunt in Chapter 4?
5. According to Granma, why are secret places so important?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)