|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, "The Secret Place".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the reader learn about Granpa from his reaction to the lady in the black car who is rude to him?
(a) He is able to maintain his dignity even when treated badly.
(b) He has a very bad temper.
(c) He does not understand insults.
(d) He is afraid of people who insult others.
2. Why does the author cause Little Tree to be exposed to the Cherokee views about human nature at such an early age?
(a) He wants Little Tree to know very early about the superstitious beliefs that he should avoid.
(b) To show Little Tree that there is more depth in Granma than there is in Granpa.
(c) To help Little Tree understand things in case Granpa and Granma die.
(d) To prepare him for future events in which he will see the good and evil in human nature.
3. Who guides the family when it comes to books, decisions and words?
(b) The librarian.
4. According to Chapter 3, how does Granpa feel about politicians and authority figures?
(a) Granpa believes politicians and authority figures are necessary to keep order.
(b) Granpa likes to hear about politicians and authority figures.
(c) Granpa is afraid of politicians and authority figures.
(d) Granpa does not like politicians and authority figures.
5. What helps to determine whether Granpa and Granma light the coal oil lamp in the evenings during winter?
(a) The weather.
(b) The time when the sun sets.
(c) The time when they go to bed.
(d) The cost of a nickel to fill the coal oil lamp.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Granpa suggest as the only logical explanation for this law of George Washington's that makes him so angry?
2. In Chapter 7, why does Granpa say that Little Tree looks like he is becoming a man?
3. Which of the following is the best alternate title for Chapter 6?
4. What do Little Tree's grandparents reveal about the Cherokee style of passing on information and lessons from one generation to the other?
5. Which book is always available at Little Tree's cabin and why?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)