|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, "The Secret Place".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Granpa ask about the law that made him angry?
(a) The man at the settlement who pulls teeth.
(b) The librarian.
(c) A man who gives them a car ride from the settlement.
(d) The owner of the supply store at the settlement.
2. What is Granpa's reason for taking Little Tree on this walk up the trail?
(a) To expose him to the animals and teach him "The Way".
(b) To teach him how to hunt.
(c) To show him the way up to the mountains so he can see the sunrise.
(d) To show him the bees at work.
3. What would be the most appropriate alternate title for Chapter 5?
(a) A Visit to the Settlement.
(b) Differences in Culture.
(c) Little Tree Learns of Chattanooga.
(d) The Big Black Car.
4. Which character comes to visit the family in Chapter 7?
(a) The lady from the big, black car.
(b) The sharecropper.
(c) Pine Billy.
(d) The preacher.
5. In the mountains in Chapter 2, what does Little Tree see Tal-con doing?
(a) Climbing trees.
(b) Chasing ground rats.
(c) Swooping down to kill a quail.
(d) Setting a trap for turkeys.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author reveal that the policeman might be wrong to put the driver of the black car in jail?
2. What does Granma make for Little Tree to wear for his first walk up the trail with Granpa?
3. What can the reader deduce about the author's intention in describing Cherokee beliefs and values in Chapter 8?
4. Which books are Granma's favorites to read?
5. How does Granma respond when Little Tree gives her musk bugs?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)