|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, "The Secret Place".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Little Tree mean when he says that Granpa has a "sense of instinct"?
(a) That Granpa has a natural ability to understand what is going on among the animals during the chase.
(b) That Granpa is able to smell the animals from far away.
(c) That Granpa has common sense.
(d) That Granpa knows the trail very well.
2. How does the driver of the vehicle who takes Little Tree to his new home treat Granma and Granpa?
(a) He roughly asks for their tickets and makes fun of them when Granma counts up the money to pay.
(b) He welcomes them.
(c) He argues with them.
(d) He is friendly.
3. How does Chapter 2 end?
(a) With a poem about Mon-o-lah and The Way.
(b) With a poem about love of nature.
(c) With a poem about the animals.
(d) With a poem about the sunrise on the mountain.
4. In Chapter 2, how does Little Tree demonstrate that he has learned Granpa's lesson about nature's ways?
(a) By protecting Ti-bi from the hawk.
(b) By rescuing the quail.
(c) By releasing the turkeys from the trap.
(d) By selecting the three smallest turkeys from the turkey trap to take home.
5. How does Pa say farewell to Granpa when he is dying?
(a) He tells Granpa to continue to fight for the Nation.
(b) He tells Granpa it is time to surrender and end the fighting.
(c) He reminds Granpa about kin and the fact that the mountains will not change and Pa tells him how much he cares for him.
(d) He tells Granpa to remember his heritage and pass it on to other Cherokee.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character comes to visit the family in Chapter 7?
2. Why is the lady in the black car frustrated by Granpa's answer?
3. In Chapter 6, the author reveals that Pa becomes a warrior late in his life. For whom does he fight?
4. Which of the following would be the best alternate title for Chapter 3?
5. What can the reader deduce about the author's intention in describing Cherokee beliefs and values in Chapter 8?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)