|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, "The Secret Place".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the visitor in Chapter 7 do at dinner that tempts Little Tree to forget one of his lessons about taking things?
(a) He wears bright yellow high-top shoes that Little Tree secretly craves.
(b) He takes three slices of Granma's sweet potato pie, and Little Tree silently craves the last slice.
(c) He brings only three small corns so Little Tree has to do without.
(d) He tells Little Tree he can have one of the corns, and Little Tree is tempted to take the biggest one.
2. What does Little Tree learn about Granpa when he hears him say "I kin ye Bonnie Bee"?
(a) Little Tree learns of the love and understanding that Granpa has for Granma.
(b) That Granpa will take care of Granma.
(c) That Granma is a good worker.
(d) That Granma takes care of the bees.
3. Granma accidentally reads about a law introduced by George Washington and this gets Granpa very angry. What law is this?
(a) A law to send all Cherokee children to orphanages for proper education.
(b) A tax on Cherokee lands.
(c) A tax on whiskey.
(d) A law to force Cherokees to live in modern houses.
4. Which book is always available at Little Tree's cabin and why?
(a) A dictionary because Little Tree has to learn five words every week.
(b) A special book about nature because Little Tree's grandparents want him to love nature.
(c) A bible so that Little Tree can read more about the lessons he hears at church.
(d) A book about the Cherokees so that Little Tree can learn his heritage.
5. Why does Granma describe some people in the world as "dead"?
(a) They are only interested in material things.
(b) They are cruel to women and abuse nature.
(c) They have no spirit-mind so they only see dirty if they look at a woman and they fail to see beauty in nature.
(d) They are only interested in oppressing others.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Little Tree, why do the white mountain men in the area respect Granpa?
2. What reasons are given in Chapter 4 for Granpa to keep the hounds?
3. What two important characteristics of Granpa are revealed by the description of the fox and the hounds episode?
4. Which books are Granma's favorites to read?
5. Which three people does Little Tree learn about from Granpa's stories in Chapter 5?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)