|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, "I Kin Ye, Bonnie Bee".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the narration, Little Tree says he discovers later on that Granma only read some parts of the stories about George Washington. What reason does Little Tree suggest for this?
(a) She thinks Granpa will get angry.
(b) She doesn't want to upset Little Tree.
(c) She wants Granpa to have someone to admire.
(d) She doesn't want Little Tree exposed to violent stories.
2. What would be the most appropriate alternate title for Chapter 5?
(a) Little Tree Learns of Chattanooga.
(b) The Big Black Car.
(c) Differences in Culture.
(d) A Visit to the Settlement.
3. At the beginning of the novel, how is Little Tree taken to his new home?
(a) He walks.
(b) He goes by car.
(c) He rides a bus part of the way and then walks.
(d) He goes by bus.
4. What helps to determine whether Granpa and Granma light the coal oil lamp in the evenings during winter?
(a) The time when they go to bed.
(b) The cost of a nickel to fill the coal oil lamp.
(c) The weather.
(d) The time when the sun sets.
5. What does the reader learn about Granpa from his reaction to the lady in the black car who is rude to him?
(a) He is able to maintain his dignity even when treated badly.
(b) He does not understand insults.
(c) He is afraid of people who insult others.
(d) He has a very bad temper.
Short Answer Questions
1. From the incident with the black car, what is revealed about Granpa's attitude towards words?
2. In Little Tree's new home, what is the "dogtrot"?
3. Who does Granpa ask about the law that made him angry?
4. According to Chapter 3, how does Granpa feel about politicians and authority figures?
5. In Chapter 2, who has just died when Little Tree's relatives argue about where he should live?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)