|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, "I Kin Ye, Bonnie Bee".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Little Tree's new home, what is the "dogtrot"?
(a) An exercise room.
(b) An open hallway to let hounds through.
(c) A place for dogs to sleep.
(d) A place where dogs are fed.
2. What is the Hangin' Gap?
(a) The place where Cherokees hang those who steal animals.
(b) The gap between the two mountains.
(c) A creek in the thin part of the trail.
(d) The space between two streams in the mountain.
3. What would be the most appropriate alternate title for Chapter 4?
(a) The Fox outwits the Hounds.
(b) Mountain Hunting.
(c) Little Tree Takes A Fox.
(d) Granpa's Way of Hunting.
4. Where does Granma get books to read to Little Tree and Granpa?
(a) Little Tree and Granpa collect them from the library at the settlement.
(b) Granma buys books at the settlement store.
(c) Granma reads books that Little Tree brought with him from his parents' home.
(d) Granma reads books that Little Tree brings them from the school at the settlement.
5. Why does Granpa enjoy hunting even though he has never killed a fox in his life?
(a) Granpa enjoys hunting because of the lessons he learns from it.
(b) Granpa enjoys hunting because it keeps him active.
(c) Granpa enjoys hunting because it makes Little Tree laugh.
(d) Granpa enjoys the fun of watching the hounds chase the fox and then seeing the fox outwit the hounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 2, how does Little Tree feel?
2. According to Little Tree, why do the white mountain men in the area respect Granpa?
3. What is the name of the part of the mountain trail between the mountains where the trail becomes thinner?
4. What reasons are given in Chapter 4 for Granpa to keep the hounds?
5. How does Granpa help Little Tree relate the lessons about nature to the behavior of some people?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)