|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, "I Kin Ye, Bonnie Bee".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Little Tree demonstrates that he has learned the lessons about nature, what name does Granpa say he would give him if he didn't have a name already?
(a) Little Bear.
(b) Little Bee.
(c) Little Cherokee.
(d) Little Hawk.
2. How old is Little Tree when the novel begins?
(a) Six years old.
(b) Seven years old.
(c) Five years old.
(d) Nine years old.
3. At the end of Chapter 2, how does Little Tree feel?
(c) Sympathy for the small animals.
(d) Satisfaction about being grown up.
4. Little Tree's bed is made of what material?
(a) Dried grass.
(b) A large flat board covered with sheets.
(c) Deer hide stretched on a frame of hickory posts.
(d) Old cloths stuffed in a large bag.
5. What does Granma make for Little Tree to wear for his first walk up the trail with Granpa?
(a) A hat to protect him from the sun.
(b) A warm coat.
(c) Boot moccasins.
(d) A bag to take his food.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what does Little Tree's description of the woods around his new home reveal about his attitude to the surroundings?
2. How does Chapter 2 end?
3. What does the reader learn about Granpa from his reaction to the lady in the black car who is rude to him?
4. At the beginning of the novel, how is Little Tree taken to his new home?
5. At the end of Chapter 1, what kind of house is Little Tree taken to by his grandparents?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)