|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, "I Kin Ye, Bonnie Bee".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Granma make for Little Tree to wear for his first walk up the trail with Granpa?
(a) A hat to protect him from the sun.
(b) A bag to take his food.
(c) Boot moccasins.
(d) A warm coat.
2. At the end of Chapter 2, how does Little Tree feel?
(a) Sympathy for the small animals.
(c) Satisfaction about being grown up.
3. In the mountains in Chapter 2, what does Little Tree see Tal-con doing?
(a) Chasing ground rats.
(b) Setting a trap for turkeys.
(c) Swooping down to kill a quail.
(d) Climbing trees.
4. Little Tree's bed is made of what material?
(a) Old cloths stuffed in a large bag.
(b) Dried grass.
(c) Deer hide stretched on a frame of hickory posts.
(d) A large flat board covered with sheets.
5. At the end of Chapter 1, what kind of house is Little Tree taken to by his grandparents?
(a) A cabin.
(b) A bungalow.
(c) A tepee.
(d) A cottage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which books are Granma's favorites to read?
2. According to Granpa's story, why did his father's friend enter the church with a pistol?
3. In Chapter 2, what is the most important lesson that Little Tree learns about nature?
4. In the narration, Little Tree says he discovers later on that Granma only read some parts of the stories about George Washington. What reason does Little Tree suggest for this?
5. What two important characteristics of Granpa are revealed by the description of the fox and the hounds episode?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)