|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, "I Kin Ye, Bonnie Bee".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As he goes up the trail, how does Little Tree become aware of "Mon-o-lah", the earth mother?
(a) Little Tree hears the earth mother whispering in the wind.
(b) Little Tree feels the earth mother through his special shoes.
(c) Little Tree sees the earth mother in a cave.
(d) Little Tree sees the earth mother in a stream of water.
2. How does Chapter 2 end?
(a) With a poem about Mon-o-lah and The Way.
(b) With a poem about the animals.
(c) With a poem about love of nature.
(d) With a poem about the sunrise on the mountain.
3. In the mountains in Chapter 2, what does Little Tree see Tal-con doing?
(a) Swooping down to kill a quail.
(b) Setting a trap for turkeys.
(c) Chasing ground rats.
(d) Climbing trees.
4. Who guides the family when it comes to books, decisions and words?
(a) The librarian.
5. In the early chapters of the book, what kind of education is Little Tree receiving from his grandparents?
(a) An education about responsibility.
(b) A varied and practical education.
(c) An education about becoming a hunter.
(d) An education that is limited to the Cherokee way of life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose scent does Granpa expect the hounds to pick up to start the hunt in Chapter 4?
2. According to Little Tree, why do the white mountain men in the area respect Granpa?
3. Why does Little Tree set the coal oil can down when the lady in the black car speaks to them?
4. In Chapter 2, who has just died when Little Tree's relatives argue about where he should live?
5. According to Granpa's story, why did his father's friend enter the church with a pistol?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)