|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, "I Kin Ye, Bonnie Bee".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what does Little Tree's description of the woods around his new home reveal about his attitude to the surroundings?
(a) He is longing for his old surroundings.
(b) He finds the surroundings strange.
(c) He hates the sound of the wind but he likes the whispering wind.
(d) The sights and sounds terrify him.
2. What is the name of the part of the mountain trail between the mountains where the trail becomes thinner?
(a) Thinning Trail.
(b) Narrow Trail.
(c) The Narrows.
3. In the narration, Little Tree says he discovers later on that Granma only read some parts of the stories about George Washington. What reason does Little Tree suggest for this?
(a) She wants Granpa to have someone to admire.
(b) She doesn't want to upset Little Tree.
(c) She doesn't want Little Tree exposed to violent stories.
(d) She thinks Granpa will get angry.
4. Why is there some truth in Granpa's belief that the way people sound when they talk can be more important than the words they use?
(a) Because people tell lies using misleading words.
(b) Because some people don't know the meanings of the words they use.
(c) Because words have many different meanings.
(d) Because people, like politicians, sometimes use words to trick others.
5. Whose scent does Granpa expect the hounds to pick up to start the hunt in Chapter 4?
(a) Ol' Slipper, the fox.
(b) Ol' Slick, the fox.
(c) Ol' Runner, the fox.
(d) Ol' Trickster, the fox.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes the main theme of Chapter 2?
2. According to Chapter 3, how does Granpa feel about politicians and authority figures?
3. Why is the lady in the black car frustrated by Granpa's answer?
4. Why does Granpa enjoy hunting even though he has never killed a fox in his life?
5. As he goes up the trail, how does Little Tree become aware of "Mon-o-lah", the earth mother?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)