|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, "I Kin Ye, Bonnie Bee".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the most important lesson that Little Tree learns from the stories heard in Chapter 5?
(a) The bad effects of fighting.
(b) That "kin" is all about the love and understanding between some people.
(c) That he has many relatives.
(d) That Granpa almost went to Chattanooga.
2. Which of the following best describes the theme of the opening chapter?
(a) Family relationships.
(b) Growing up.
(c) Loss and and a new beginning.
3. Who does Granpa ask about the law that made him angry?
(a) The owner of the supply store at the settlement.
(b) The librarian.
(c) A man who gives them a car ride from the settlement.
(d) The man at the settlement who pulls teeth.
4. According to Little Tree, why do the white mountain men in the area respect Granpa?
(a) Because he is knowledgeable about the mountains.
(b) For his love of nature.
(c) For the lessons he teaches Little Tree.
(d) For his skills at trailing animals and his sense of instinct.
5. In the early chapters of the book, what kind of education is Little Tree receiving from his grandparents?
(a) A varied and practical education.
(b) An education that is limited to the Cherokee way of life.
(c) An education about becoming a hunter.
(d) An education about responsibility.
Short Answer Questions
1. From the incident with the black car, what is revealed about Granpa's attitude towards words?
2. What is the mode of narration used by the author to tell the story?
3. How does Granpa help Little Tree relate the lessons about nature to the behavior of some people?
4. What does the reader learn about Granpa from his reaction to the lady in the black car who is rude to him?
5. What reason does Granpa suggest as the only logical explanation for this law of George Washington's that makes him so angry?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)