|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, "I Kin Ye, Bonnie Bee".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the lady in the black car frustrated by Granpa's answer?
(a) She thinks Granpa is a foreigner.
(b) She thinks Granpa is being rude.
(c) Granpa directs them toward a mountain, due west.
(d) She thinks Granpa is deaf.
2. What does Little Tree mean when he says that Granpa has a "sense of instinct"?
(a) That Granpa is able to smell the animals from far away.
(b) That Granpa has common sense.
(c) That Granpa knows the trail very well.
(d) That Granpa has a natural ability to understand what is going on among the animals during the chase.
3. At the beginning of the novel, how is Little Tree taken to his new home?
(a) He walks.
(b) He goes by bus.
(c) He rides a bus part of the way and then walks.
(d) He goes by car.
4. What is the name of the part of the mountain trail between the mountains where the trail becomes thinner?
(a) Narrow Trail.
(c) Thinning Trail.
(d) The Narrows.
5. How old is Little Tree when the novel begins?
(a) Six years old.
(b) Five years old.
(c) Seven years old.
(d) Nine years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, why does Little Tree feel grown-up?
2. What is the most important lesson that Little Tree learns from the stories heard in Chapter 5?
3. In Chapter 2, who has just died when Little Tree's relatives argue about where he should live?
4. Where does Granma get books to read to Little Tree and Granpa?
5. What would be the most appropriate alternate title for Chapter 4?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)