|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, "I Kin Ye, Bonnie Bee".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the reader learn about Granpa from his reaction to the lady in the black car who is rude to him?
(a) He is afraid of people who insult others.
(b) He does not understand insults.
(c) He is able to maintain his dignity even when treated badly.
(d) He has a very bad temper.
2. In the mountains in Chapter 2, what does Little Tree see Tal-con doing?
(a) Setting a trap for turkeys.
(b) Swooping down to kill a quail.
(c) Chasing ground rats.
(d) Climbing trees.
3. What does the woman in the black car ask when she stops Little Tree and Granpa on their way back from the settlement?
(a) The way to the cabin.
(b) If they want a ride home.
(c) The way to the church.
(d) The way to Chattanooga.
4. Which of the following would be the best alternate title for Chapter 3?
(a) Granpa Learns to Read.
(b) Little Tree's Education.
(c) Winter Evenings at the Cabin.
(d) Family Circles.
5. Granma accidentally reads about a law introduced by George Washington and this gets Granpa very angry. What law is this?
(a) A law to force Cherokees to live in modern houses.
(b) A tax on whiskey.
(c) A law to send all Cherokee children to orphanages for proper education.
(d) A tax on Cherokee lands.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Granma make for Little Tree to wear for his first walk up the trail with Granpa?
2. According to Chapter 3, how does Granpa feel about politicians and authority figures?
3. In what special activity do Little Tree and his grandparents participate on weekend evenings during the winter?
4. What would be the most appropriate alternate title for Chapter 4?
5. What does Little Tree mean when he says that Granpa has a "sense of instinct"?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)