|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, "I Kin Ye, Bonnie Bee".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose scent does Granpa expect the hounds to pick up to start the hunt in Chapter 4?
(a) Ol' Slick, the fox.
(b) Ol' Slipper, the fox.
(c) Ol' Runner, the fox.
(d) Ol' Trickster, the fox.
2. Why does the author provide signs of racism in this first chapter of the book?
(a) Because it's the only time it happens.
(b) To foreshadow more serious instances of racism that will occur later.
(c) Because Little Tree's family are freedom fighters.
(d) Because the Cherokees constantly practice racism.
3. Who does Granpa ask about the law that made him angry?
(a) The owner of the supply store at the settlement.
(b) A man who gives them a car ride from the settlement.
(c) The librarian.
(d) The man at the settlement who pulls teeth.
4. Why is the lady in the black car frustrated by Granpa's answer?
(a) Granpa directs them toward a mountain, due west.
(b) She thinks Granpa is a foreigner.
(c) She thinks Granpa is deaf.
(d) She thinks Granpa is being rude.
5. What helps to determine whether Granpa and Granma light the coal oil lamp in the evenings during winter?
(a) The time when they go to bed.
(b) The weather.
(c) The cost of a nickel to fill the coal oil lamp.
(d) The time when the sun sets.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Granpa enjoy hunting even though he has never killed a fox in his life?
2. Little Tree's bed is made of what material?
3. What does the woman in the black car ask when she stops Little Tree and Granpa on their way back from the settlement?
4. How does the incident with the fox and hounds affect the relationship between Granpa and Little Tree?
5. What does the reader learn about Granpa from his reaction to the lady in the black car who is rude to him?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)