|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, "I Kin Ye, Bonnie Bee".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose scent does Granpa expect the hounds to pick up to start the hunt in Chapter 4?
(a) Ol' Runner, the fox.
(b) Ol' Trickster, the fox.
(c) Ol' Slipper, the fox.
(d) Ol' Slick, the fox.
2. Why does Granpa enjoy hunting even though he has never killed a fox in his life?
(a) Granpa enjoys hunting because of the lessons he learns from it.
(b) Granpa enjoys hunting because it keeps him active.
(c) Granpa enjoys the fun of watching the hounds chase the fox and then seeing the fox outwit the hounds.
(d) Granpa enjoys hunting because it makes Little Tree laugh.
3. As he goes up the trail, how does Little Tree become aware of "Mon-o-lah", the earth mother?
(a) Little Tree hears the earth mother whispering in the wind.
(b) Little Tree feels the earth mother through his special shoes.
(c) Little Tree sees the earth mother in a stream of water.
(d) Little Tree sees the earth mother in a cave.
4. Why is the lady in the black car frustrated by Granpa's answer?
(a) She thinks Granpa is deaf.
(b) She thinks Granpa is a foreigner.
(c) Granpa directs them toward a mountain, due west.
(d) She thinks Granpa is being rude.
5. Who does Granpa ask about the law that made him angry?
(a) The man at the settlement who pulls teeth.
(b) A man who gives them a car ride from the settlement.
(c) The owner of the supply store at the settlement.
(d) The librarian.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two important characteristics of Granpa are revealed by the description of the fox and the hounds episode?
2. Which of the following best describes the main theme of Chapter 2?
3. What is the Hangin' Gap?
4. How old is Little Tree when the novel begins?
5. According to Chapter 3, how does Granpa feel about politicians and authority figures?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)