|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, "I Kin Ye, Bonnie Bee".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would be the most appropriate alternate title for Chapter 5?
(a) Differences in Culture.
(b) The Big Black Car.
(c) Little Tree Learns of Chattanooga.
(d) A Visit to the Settlement.
2. Which of the following best describes the theme of the opening chapter?
(a) Family relationships.
(b) Growing up.
(d) Loss and and a new beginning.
3. What makes Little Tree go to bed feeling happier in spite of his loss in Chapter 1?
(a) A good supper.
(b) He holds a gift from his mother as he goes to sleep.
(c) Granma sings him a song that makes him understand his new name.
(d) Granma and Granpa promise to take care of him.
4. In the early chapters of the book, what kind of education is Little Tree receiving from his grandparents?
(a) An education about becoming a hunter.
(b) A varied and practical education.
(c) An education about responsibility.
(d) An education that is limited to the Cherokee way of life.
5. When Little Tree demonstrates that he has learned the lessons about nature, what name does Granpa say he would give him if he didn't have a name already?
(a) Little Hawk.
(b) Little Bee.
(c) Little Bear.
(d) Little Cherokee.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Granpa's story, why did his father's friend enter the church with a pistol?
2. What would be the most appropriate alternate title for Chapter 4?
3. At the end of Chapter 1, what kind of house is Little Tree taken to by his grandparents?
4. What does the reader learn about Granpa from his reaction to the lady in the black car who is rude to him?
5. Where does Granma get books to read to Little Tree and Granpa?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)