|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, "I Kin Ye, Bonnie Bee".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From the incident with the black car, what is revealed about Granpa's attitude towards words?
(a) Granpa thinks there are too many words and he prefers the sound of speech rather than the words used.
(b) Granpa is eager to learn new words.
(c) Granpa wants Little Tree to learn many new words.
(d) Granpa finds words helpful in understanding other people.
2. Why is there some truth in Granpa's belief that the way people sound when they talk can be more important than the words they use?
(a) Because some people don't know the meanings of the words they use.
(b) Because people, like politicians, sometimes use words to trick others.
(c) Because people tell lies using misleading words.
(d) Because words have many different meanings.
3. What does the woman in the black car ask when she stops Little Tree and Granpa on their way back from the settlement?
(a) The way to Chattanooga.
(b) The way to the church.
(c) If they want a ride home.
(d) The way to the cabin.
4. Little Tree's bed is made of what material?
(a) Old cloths stuffed in a large bag.
(b) Deer hide stretched on a frame of hickory posts.
(c) Dried grass.
(d) A large flat board covered with sheets.
5. Why is the lady in the black car frustrated by Granpa's answer?
(a) She thinks Granpa is a foreigner.
(b) She thinks Granpa is being rude.
(c) She thinks Granpa is deaf.
(d) Granpa directs them toward a mountain, due west.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which book is always available at Little Tree's cabin and why?
2. Why does Granpa enjoy hunting even though he has never killed a fox in his life?
3. Why does the author provide signs of racism in this first chapter of the book?
4. What does Little Tree mean when he says that Granpa has a "sense of instinct"?
5. At the end of Chapter 1, what kind of house is Little Tree taken to by his grandparents?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)