|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, "I Kin Ye, Bonnie Bee".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the early chapters of the book, what kind of education is Little Tree receiving from his grandparents?
(a) An education that is limited to the Cherokee way of life.
(b) A varied and practical education.
(c) An education about becoming a hunter.
(d) An education about responsibility.
2. In what special activity do Little Tree and his grandparents participate on weekend evenings during the winter?
(a) They go to church.
(b) They roast chestnuts in the fireplace.
(c) Granma reads to Little Tree and Granpa.
(d) They make rugs from the deer hide.
3. By allowing him to watch the chase, how does Granpa reinforce his earlier lessons to Little Tree about the ways of nature and animals?
(a) By not allowing the fox to kill the hounds.
(b) By not allowing the hounds to kill the fox.
(c) By telling Little Tree it is wrong to kill.
(d) By never killing the fox, which he does not need.
4. Whose scent does Granpa expect the hounds to pick up to start the hunt in Chapter 4?
(a) Ol' Slick, the fox.
(b) Ol' Trickster, the fox.
(c) Ol' Slipper, the fox.
(d) Ol' Runner, the fox.
5. In Chapter 2, what is the most important lesson that Little Tree learns about nature?
(a) That the hawks help humans by killing dangerous animals.
(b) That small creatures need to be protected by larger ones.
(c) That there is a sense of balance in nature.
(d) That only the strong will survive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Little Tree go to bed feeling happier in spite of his loss in Chapter 1?
2. Which of the following best describes the main theme of Chapter 2?
3. Why does Little Tree set the coal oil can down when the lady in the black car speaks to them?
4. What does Little Tree mean when he says that Granpa has a "sense of instinct"?
5. What reason does Granpa suggest as the only logical explanation for this law of George Washington's that makes him so angry?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)