|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, "I Kin Ye, Bonnie Bee".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Little Tree learn about Granpa when he hears him say "I kin ye Bonnie Bee"?
(a) Little Tree learns of the love and understanding that Granpa has for Granma.
(b) That Granma is a good worker.
(c) That Granpa will take care of Granma.
(d) That Granma takes care of the bees.
2. How does Granpa help Little Tree relate the lessons about nature to the behavior of some people?
(a) Granpa teaches Little Tree that people who store and take more than their share contribute to wars, land-grabbing and changing nature's ways.
(b) Granpa says that people who take more than their share do better than others.
(c) Granpa says that people who take more than their share cause jealousy.
(d) Granpa says that people who take more than their share cause others to starve.
3. At the beginning of the novel, how is Little Tree taken to his new home?
(a) He goes by car.
(b) He walks.
(c) He rides a bus part of the way and then walks.
(d) He goes by bus.
4. What does Granma make for Little Tree to wear for his first walk up the trail with Granpa?
(a) A hat to protect him from the sun.
(b) A warm coat.
(c) Boot moccasins.
(d) A bag to take his food.
5. What is the most important lesson that Little Tree learns from the stories heard in Chapter 5?
(a) The bad effects of fighting.
(b) That "kin" is all about the love and understanding between some people.
(c) That Granpa almost went to Chattanooga.
(d) That he has many relatives.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Little Tree, why do the white mountain men in the area respect Granpa?
2. Who does Granpa ask about the law that made him angry?
3. What is Granpa's reason for taking Little Tree on this walk up the trail?
4. How does the driver of the vehicle who takes Little Tree to his new home treat Granma and Granpa?
5. In Chapter 1, what does Little Tree's description of the woods around his new home reveal about his attitude to the surroundings?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)