|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, "I Kin Ye, Bonnie Bee".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Little Tree set the coal oil can down when the lady in the black car speaks to them?
(a) Because it is getting heavy.
(b) Because it is beginning to spill oil.
(c) To avoid the smell.
(d) Because Granpa teaches him that when spoken to, he should give full attention out of respect.
2. What would be the most appropriate alternate title for Chapter 5?
(a) Differences in Culture.
(b) A Visit to the Settlement.
(c) The Big Black Car.
(d) Little Tree Learns of Chattanooga.
3. At the beginning of the novel, how is Little Tree taken to his new home?
(a) He rides a bus part of the way and then walks.
(b) He goes by car.
(c) He walks.
(d) He goes by bus.
4. What reasons are given in Chapter 4 for Granpa to keep the hounds?
(a) To guard the crops and cabin and to have fun fox-hunting.
(b) To keep away people from the settlement.
(c) To keep away the other Cherokee.
(d) To protect Granma when she is alone.
5. In Chapter 2, how does Little Tree demonstrate that he has learned Granpa's lesson about nature's ways?
(a) By protecting Ti-bi from the hawk.
(b) By releasing the turkeys from the trap.
(c) By selecting the three smallest turkeys from the turkey trap to take home.
(d) By rescuing the quail.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what special activity do Little Tree and his grandparents participate on weekend evenings during the winter?
2. From the incident with the black car, what is revealed about Granpa's attitude towards words?
3. What helps to determine whether Granpa and Granma light the coal oil lamp in the evenings during winter?
4. At the end of Chapter 2, how does Little Tree feel?
5. What reason does Granpa suggest as the only logical explanation for this law of George Washington's that makes him so angry?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)