|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, "Down From the Mountain".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best describes the main theme of Chapter 2?
(a) How animals survive in the wild.
(b) A young boy learns to survive in the mountains.
(c) Granpa shares his knowledge about hunting.
(d) A young boy learns to appreciate nature.
2. In the early chapters of the book, what kind of education is Little Tree receiving from his grandparents?
(a) A varied and practical education.
(b) An education about responsibility.
(c) An education about becoming a hunter.
(d) An education that is limited to the Cherokee way of life.
3. In Chapter 10 how does the author demonstrate that Little Tree has a conscience?
(a) He gives Mr. Jenkins the unopened candy he finds on the floor.
(b) He feels bad to accept candy from Mr. Jenkins just for taking up woodchips.
(c) He gives back coins to Granpa that he finds in the kitchen.
(d) He tells Mr.Jenkins that one bottle of whiskey is not filled up right.
4. In Chapter 2, what is the most important lesson that Little Tree learns about nature?
(a) That there is a sense of balance in nature.
(b) That the hawks help humans by killing dangerous animals.
(c) That small creatures need to be protected by larger ones.
(d) That only the strong will survive.
5. At church, how does Granpa demonstrate his belief about the importance of self-sufficiency ?
(a) When a family loses all their furniture in a fire, Granpa brings them a chair and shows the man how to make it himself.
(b) Granpa brings whiskey for the poor so they can learn how to sell it and save extra money.
(c) Granpa gives no one anything; instead he offers to teach them how to plow the land for food.
(d) Instead of giving people money, he offers to teach them how to make whiskey.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the lady in the black car frustrated by Granpa's answer?
2. What does the visitor in Chapter 7 do at dinner that tempts Little Tree to forget one of his lessons about taking things?
3. What is the name of the part of the mountain trail between the mountains where the trail becomes thinner?
4. How does Granpa help Little Tree to accept the death of Ringer after he is bludgeoned in the mountains?
5. How does Mr. Wine assure Little Tree that he is getting a good education?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)