|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, "Down From the Mountain".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the author demonstrate that despite being poor, the sharecropper is instilling pride in his daughter?
(a) The sharecropper whips his daughter's legs and tells her to give back the moccasins Little Tree gives to her.
(b) The sharecropper chastises his daughter for talking to Little Tree.
(c) The sharecropper forbids his daughter to speak to Little Tree.
(d) The sharecropper tells Granpa to keep his grandson away from his daughter.
2. Who does Granpa ask about the law that made him angry?
(a) The owner of the supply store at the settlement.
(b) The librarian.
(c) The man at the settlement who pulls teeth.
(d) A man who gives them a car ride from the settlement.
3. How does Granpa help Little Tree to accept the death of Ringer after he is bludgeoned in the mountains?
(a) Granpa says Ringer is aware of being found and taken home so he dies feeling better.
(b) Granpa says Ringer knows his injuries are too serious so he accepts he has to die.
(c) Granpa says Ringer dies knowing that Little Tree appreciates his help in the mountains.
(d) Granpa says Ringer knows that his time has come so he dies happy.
4. What is the importance of the way Chapter 12 ends?
(a) To demonstrate that time is running out for the family.
(b) To demonstrate how grave danger has cemented the bonds among the members of the family.
(c) To demonstrate that the Cherokee way of life has serious dangers.
(d) To demonstrate that everyone in the family has an important role.
5. What would be the most appropriate alternate title for Chapter 5?
(a) A Visit to the Settlement.
(b) The Big Black Car.
(c) Differences in Culture.
(d) Little Tree Learns of Chattanooga.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Trail of Tears?
2. How do the Cherokee who escape from the soldiers into the hollows survive?
3. When Little Tree demonstrates that he has learned the lessons about nature, what name does Granpa say he would give him if he didn't have a name already?
4. By allowing him to watch the chase, how does Granpa reinforce his earlier lessons to Little Tree about the ways of nature and animals?
5. Where does Granma get books to read to Little Tree and Granpa?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)