|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, "Down From the Mountain".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Granpa's reason for taking Little Tree on this walk up the trail?
(a) To show him the way up to the mountains so he can see the sunrise.
(b) To show him the bees at work.
(c) To teach him how to hunt.
(d) To expose him to the animals and teach him "The Way".
2. Which character comes to visit the family in Chapter 7?
(a) The preacher.
(b) The sharecropper.
(c) Pine Billy.
(d) The lady from the big, black car.
3. How does Granpa make his living?
(a) Selling crops at the settlement store.
(b) Selling meat at the settlement store.
(c) Selling fish at the settlement store.
(d) Making and selling whiskey.
4. In Chapter 10 how does the author demonstrate that Little Tree has a conscience?
(a) He tells Mr.Jenkins that one bottle of whiskey is not filled up right.
(b) He gives back coins to Granpa that he finds in the kitchen.
(c) He gives Mr. Jenkins the unopened candy he finds on the floor.
(d) He feels bad to accept candy from Mr. Jenkins just for taking up woodchips.
5. What does Little Tree mean when he says that Granpa has a "sense of instinct"?
(a) That Granpa is able to smell the animals from far away.
(b) That Granpa has a natural ability to understand what is going on among the animals during the chase.
(c) That Granpa knows the trail very well.
(d) That Granpa has common sense.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Granpa help Little Tree overcome feeling empty and sad after Ringer's death?
2. What lesson does the author teach the reader in Chapter 6, based on how the Indians responded to the oppression by the soldiers?
3. How does Granpa dispose of the whiskey he makes?
4. How do Granma and Granpa portray the 'Trail of Tears' for Little Tree?
5. In Chapter 4, why does Little Tree feel grown-up?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)