|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, "Down From the Mountain".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it significant that Granpa reminds Little Tree in Chapter 10 about the importance of paying attention to people's tone and not just their words?
(a) Because Little Tree is getting older and facing new challenges.
(b) Because shortly after the reminder, Little Tree is tricked by a "Christian" using misleading words.
(c) Because Granpa knows that there is trouble coming.
(d) Because Granpa knows that a politician will be visiting.
2. What two important characteristics of Granpa are revealed by the description of the fox and the hounds episode?
(a) Granpa's speed and agility.
(b) Grandpa's great ability to catch foxes and control the hounds.
(c) His immense respect for nature and animals and his sense of humor.
(d) Granpa's love for swimming and diving.
3. What important part does Mr. Wine play in the education of Little Tree?
(a) He teaches Little Tree how to fix clocks.
(b) He teaches Little Tree how to tell time, how to solve math problems and how to be thrifty.
(c) He teaches Little Tree about Jewish history.
(d) He teaches Little Tree how to taste wine.
4. How does Granpa help Little Tree to accept the death of Ringer after he is bludgeoned in the mountains?
(a) Granpa says Ringer knows his injuries are too serious so he accepts he has to die.
(b) Granpa says Ringer is aware of being found and taken home so he dies feeling better.
(c) Granpa says Ringer knows that his time has come so he dies happy.
(d) Granpa says Ringer dies knowing that Little Tree appreciates his help in the mountains.
5. How does Granpa help Little Tree overcome feeling empty and sad after Ringer's death?
(a) He tells him to accept that Ringer is better off as he won't suffer anymore.
(b) He tells him he will feel better in a few days.
(c) He says the only way not to feel empty and sad is never to love anything, but then he will always feel sad and empty.
(d) He tells him to remember the good times with Ringer.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Granpa's story about the farm, who was in charge of the land when Granpa was growing up?
2. According to Granpa's joke, why is Ti-bi robbed by the bear, the coon and the Cherokee?
3. What change does Little Tree make that demonstrates how much he has learned from the loss of the money spent on the calf?
4. Whose scent does Granpa expect the hounds to pick up to start the hunt in Chapter 4?
5. In Chapter 6, how does the author explain that Pa knows Indians are around?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)