|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, "Down From the Mountain".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the events in Chapter 12 demonstrate the importance of Granma's knowledge of plants and herbs?
(a) It soothes Granpa's bear bite.
(b) It stops Little Tree's bleeding.
(c) It helps to stop Little Tree's arm from swellling.
(d) It helps her to save someone's life.
2. What is unusual about the type of church that Little Tree's family attends?
(a) The church is only open for services once per month.
(b) The church only allows Cherokee to sit at the back.
(c) It is the only church so the preacher uses many different languages.
(d) It is the only church so it services various faiths, including Baptists, Methodists, Presbyterians, Episcopalians and Church of Christ.
3. According to Granpa's story about the farm, who was in charge of the land when Granpa was growing up?
(a) The Cherokees were in charge of the land.
(b) The Confederates were in charge of the land.
(c) The land was occupied by Union soldiers and run by politicians.
(d) Granpa's family had the run of the land.
4. In Chapter 6, the author reveals that Pa becomes a warrior late in his life. For whom does he fight?
(a) He fights for the government against foreigners.
(b) He fights for the Indians against the soldiers.
(c) He fights for the Confederates against the government.
(d) He fights for the Scottish army against the Americans.
5. How does Granpa dispose of the whiskey he makes?
(a) He sells nine gallons to a store and keeps two gallons for use at home.
(b) He gives away half and sells half.
(c) He sells most of it, keeps some, and gives away the rest.
(d) He keeps most of it and sells the rest to the store.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 12, how does the author demonstrate Granpa's respect for the animals?
2. What does the woman in the black car ask when she stops Little Tree and Granpa on their way back from the settlement?
3. What is Granpa's reason for taking Little Tree on this walk up the trail?
4. How does Mr. Wine assure Little Tree that he is getting a good education?
5. Whose scent does Granpa expect the hounds to pick up to start the hunt in Chapter 4?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)