|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, "Down From the Mountain".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, why does Little Tree feel grown-up?
(a) He is allowed to prepare the food.
(b) Granma teaches him to make his own shirt.
(c) Granpa lets him go up the trail by himself.
(d) Granma gives him a deer shirt like Granpa's to wear.
2. What is Granpa's reason for taking Little Tree on this walk up the trail?
(a) To show him the way up to the mountains so he can see the sunrise.
(b) To expose him to the animals and teach him "The Way".
(c) To teach him how to hunt.
(d) To show him the bees at work.
3. What lesson does the author teach the reader in Chapter 6, based on how the Indians responded to the oppression by the soldiers?
(a) Oppressed people can remain strong and proud.
(b) The oppressed should fight back even if it causes more deaths.
(c) The oppressed will always turn against each other in order to escape death.
(d) The oppressed should surrender in order to save lives.
4. Why does Granpa object to people who age whiskey?
(a) He believes rich men scheme to convince people that aged whiskey is better.
(b) He believes they age whiskey to disguise the substances they add to it.
(c) He believes they are trying to disguise bad whiskey by keeping it longer.
(d) He believes that they are trying to make extra money.
5. Why does Granpa enjoy hunting even though he has never killed a fox in his life?
(a) Granpa enjoys hunting because of the lessons he learns from it.
(b) Granpa enjoys the fun of watching the hounds chase the fox and then seeing the fox outwit the hounds.
(c) Granpa enjoys hunting because it keeps him active.
(d) Granpa enjoys hunting because it makes Little Tree laugh.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Granpa suggest as the only logical explanation for this law of George Washington's that makes him so angry?
2. Why is the lady in the black car frustrated by Granpa's answer?
3. Who is Smokehouse and what role does he play in Chapter 7?
4. In the incident with the two men from Chattanooga, how does Little Tree demonstrate that he is becoming clever and less trusting?
5. According to Chapter 3, how does Granpa feel about politicians and authority figures?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)