|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, "A Dangerous Adventure".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character comes to visit the family in Chapter 7?
(a) Pine Billy.
(b) The lady from the big, black car.
(c) The preacher.
(d) The sharecropper.
2. In Chapter 10 how does the author demonstrate that Little Tree has a conscience?
(a) He gives Mr. Jenkins the unopened candy he finds on the floor.
(b) He feels bad to accept candy from Mr. Jenkins just for taking up woodchips.
(c) He tells Mr.Jenkins that one bottle of whiskey is not filled up right.
(d) He gives back coins to Granpa that he finds in the kitchen.
3. How do the visitor's ambitions contrast with the values of Granpa and Granma?
(a) The visitor wants quick riches but Granpa and Granma prefer to get rich by selling crops.
(b) The visitor wants to get easy money but Granpa and Granma know they own inherited land so they need no schemes to get rich.
(c) The visitor wants money but Granma and Granpa don't want to be rich, they just want to protect Little Tree's inheritance.
(d) The visitor is intent on getting rich while Granpa and Granma have no interest in having more than they need to survive.
4. What helps to determine whether Granpa and Granma light the coal oil lamp in the evenings during winter?
(a) The cost of a nickel to fill the coal oil lamp.
(b) The weather.
(c) The time when the sun sets.
(d) The time when they go to bed.
5. In the early chapters of the book, what kind of education is Little Tree receiving from his grandparents?
(a) A varied and practical education.
(b) An education that is limited to the Cherokee way of life.
(c) An education about becoming a hunter.
(d) An education about responsibility.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Little Tree learn about Granpa when he hears him say "I kin ye Bonnie Bee"?
2. In Chapter 12, how does the author demonstrate Granpa's respect for the animals?
3. What is the most important lesson that Little Tree learns from the stories heard in Chapter 5?
4. Who guides the family when it comes to books, decisions and words?
5. From the incident with the black car, what is revealed about Granpa's attitude towards words?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)