|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, "A Dangerous Adventure".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the importance of the way Chapter 12 ends?
(a) To demonstrate that time is running out for the family.
(b) To demonstrate how grave danger has cemented the bonds among the members of the family.
(c) To demonstrate that the Cherokee way of life has serious dangers.
(d) To demonstrate that everyone in the family has an important role.
2. Which book is always available at Little Tree's cabin and why?
(a) A bible so that Little Tree can read more about the lessons he hears at church.
(b) A special book about nature because Little Tree's grandparents want him to love nature.
(c) A book about the Cherokees so that Little Tree can learn his heritage.
(d) A dictionary because Little Tree has to learn five words every week.
3. What would be the most appropriate alternate title for Chapter 5?
(a) Differences in Culture.
(b) The Big Black Car.
(c) A Visit to the Settlement.
(d) Little Tree Learns of Chattanooga.
4. From the incident with the black car, what is revealed about Granpa's attitude towards words?
(a) Granpa thinks there are too many words and he prefers the sound of speech rather than the words used.
(b) Granpa finds words helpful in understanding other people.
(c) Granpa wants Little Tree to learn many new words.
(d) Granpa is eager to learn new words.
5. How do the visitor's ambitions contrast with the values of Granpa and Granma?
(a) The visitor wants money but Granma and Granpa don't want to be rich, they just want to protect Little Tree's inheritance.
(b) The visitor wants quick riches but Granpa and Granma prefer to get rich by selling crops.
(c) The visitor wants to get easy money but Granpa and Granma know they own inherited land so they need no schemes to get rich.
(d) The visitor is intent on getting rich while Granpa and Granma have no interest in having more than they need to survive.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, why does Granpa say that Little Tree looks like he is becoming a man?
2. What reason does Granpa suggest as the only logical explanation for this law of George Washington's that makes him so angry?
3. Which three people does Little Tree learn about from Granpa's stories in Chapter 5?
4. What does Little Tree learn about Granpa when he hears him say "I kin ye Bonnie Bee"?
5. What helps to determine whether Granpa and Granma light the coal oil lamp in the evenings during winter?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)