|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, "A Dangerous Adventure".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the importance of the way Chapter 12 ends?
(a) To demonstrate that everyone in the family has an important role.
(b) To demonstrate that time is running out for the family.
(c) To demonstrate how grave danger has cemented the bonds among the members of the family.
(d) To demonstrate that the Cherokee way of life has serious dangers.
2. In his reaction to this visitor, what characteristics does Little Tree display that he will have to overcome in order to avoid difficulties with some people outside his family?
(a) Little Tree is tempted to take more food than he should.
(b) Little Tree is afraid to trust others.
(c) Little Tree is gullible and trusting.
(d) Little Tree does not pay close attention when others are speaking.
3. What helps to determine whether Granpa and Granma light the coal oil lamp in the evenings during winter?
(a) The time when they go to bed.
(b) The weather.
(c) The cost of a nickel to fill the coal oil lamp.
(d) The time when the sun sets.
4. Why is it significant that Granpa reminds Little Tree in Chapter 10 about the importance of paying attention to people's tone and not just their words?
(a) Because shortly after the reminder, Little Tree is tricked by a "Christian" using misleading words.
(b) Because Granpa knows that there is trouble coming.
(c) Because Little Tree is getting older and facing new challenges.
(d) Because Granpa knows that a politician will be visiting.
5. How do the events in Chapter 12 demonstrate the importance of Granma's knowledge of plants and herbs?
(a) It stops Little Tree's bleeding.
(b) It helps to stop Little Tree's arm from swellling.
(c) It soothes Granpa's bear bite.
(d) It helps her to save someone's life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would be the most appropriate alternate title for Chapter 5?
2. Who guides the family when it comes to books, decisions and words?
3. In the narration, Little Tree says he discovers later on that Granma only read some parts of the stories about George Washington. What reason does Little Tree suggest for this?
4. What does the reader learn about Granpa from his reaction to the lady in the black car who is rude to him?
5. What reason does Granpa suggest as the only logical explanation for this law of George Washington's that makes him so angry?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)