|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, "A Dangerous Adventure".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Little Tree set the coal oil can down when the lady in the black car speaks to them?
(a) To avoid the smell.
(b) Because it is beginning to spill oil.
(c) Because Granpa teaches him that when spoken to, he should give full attention out of respect.
(d) Because it is getting heavy.
2. How does Granpa help Little Tree to accept the death of Ringer after he is bludgeoned in the mountains?
(a) Granpa says Ringer dies knowing that Little Tree appreciates his help in the mountains.
(b) Granpa says Ringer knows his injuries are too serious so he accepts he has to die.
(c) Granpa says Ringer is aware of being found and taken home so he dies feeling better.
(d) Granpa says Ringer knows that his time has come so he dies happy.
3. What would be the most appropriate alternate title for Chapter 5?
(a) Little Tree Learns of Chattanooga.
(b) Differences in Culture.
(c) A Visit to the Settlement.
(d) The Big Black Car.
4. What is the importance of the way Chapter 12 ends?
(a) To demonstrate that time is running out for the family.
(b) To demonstrate that the Cherokee way of life has serious dangers.
(c) To demonstrate how grave danger has cemented the bonds among the members of the family.
(d) To demonstrate that everyone in the family has an important role.
5. In Chapter 7, Little Tree's grandparents place emphasis on teaching him some more very important skills. Why do they do this?
(a) They want to make sure he learns about his tribe's habits.
(b) They want to make sure he will be able to take care of them soon.
(c) They want to make sure he will be a good father.
(d) They are making sure that Little Tree learns enough to be self-sufficient off the land.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is there some truth in Granpa's belief that the way people sound when they talk can be more important than the words they use?
2. In what special activity do Little Tree and his grandparents participate on weekend evenings during the winter?
3. Which character comes to visit the family in Chapter 7?
4. How does the author establish Granma's resourcefulness in Chapter 12?
5. In Chapter 7, why does Granpa say that Little Tree looks like he is becoming a man?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)