|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, "A Dangerous Adventure".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Granpa's story, why did his father's friend enter the church with a pistol?
(a) He believes the preacher's sermon is against him.
(b) Because having fought battles all his life and lost everything, he has nothing more to fight about.
(c) He has lost his home and family.
(d) The people in the church have been saying bad things about him.
2. Granma accidentally reads about a law introduced by George Washington and this gets Granpa very angry. What law is this?
(a) A tax on Cherokee lands.
(b) A tax on whiskey.
(c) A law to force Cherokees to live in modern houses.
(d) A law to send all Cherokee children to orphanages for proper education.
3. How does Granpa help Little Tree to accept the death of Ringer after he is bludgeoned in the mountains?
(a) Granpa says Ringer knows his injuries are too serious so he accepts he has to die.
(b) Granpa says Ringer dies knowing that Little Tree appreciates his help in the mountains.
(c) Granpa says Ringer is aware of being found and taken home so he dies feeling better.
(d) Granpa says Ringer knows that his time has come so he dies happy.
4. What is the most important lesson that Little Tree learns from the stories heard in Chapter 5?
(a) That Granpa almost went to Chattanooga.
(b) That "kin" is all about the love and understanding between some people.
(c) The bad effects of fighting.
(d) That he has many relatives.
5. How does Little Tree's innocence and trust lead him to lose his money?
(a) The sharecropper pleads with him to give his daughter some money.
(b) Pine Billy encourages him to use the money in a scheme to make more money.
(c) The preacher encourages him to throw his extra money in the collection plate for the poor.
(d) A calf owner convinces him to buy a sick calf that soon dies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it significant that Granpa reminds Little Tree in Chapter 10 about the importance of paying attention to people's tone and not just their words?
2. What does Little Tree learn about Granpa when he hears him say "I kin ye Bonnie Bee"?
3. Why is it important for the author to reveal that Granpa and Granma have friends who visit them?
4. Which books are Granma's favorites to read?
5. What is Little Tree planning to do with the extra coins he is keeping in his pocket from his savings?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)