|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, "A Dangerous Adventure".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the lady in the black car frustrated by Granpa's answer?
(a) She thinks Granpa is deaf.
(b) Granpa directs them toward a mountain, due west.
(c) She thinks Granpa is a foreigner.
(d) She thinks Granpa is being rude.
2. Why is it significant that Granpa reminds Little Tree in Chapter 10 about the importance of paying attention to people's tone and not just their words?
(a) Because shortly after the reminder, Little Tree is tricked by a "Christian" using misleading words.
(b) Because Granpa knows that a politician will be visiting.
(c) Because Granpa knows that there is trouble coming.
(d) Because Little Tree is getting older and facing new challenges.
3. Who is Smokehouse and what role does he play in Chapter 7?
(a) The policeman who investigates the claim made by the visitor about an alleged criminal.
(b) The friend who gives the visitor a ride to the cabin.
(c) The partner who works with the visitor to write the entry for the competition.
(d) A half-Cherokee who burns wood for the coal oil lamp.
4. According to Chapter 3, how does Granpa feel about politicians and authority figures?
(a) Granpa likes to hear about politicians and authority figures.
(b) Granpa does not like politicians and authority figures.
(c) Granpa is afraid of politicians and authority figures.
(d) Granpa believes politicians and authority figures are necessary to keep order.
5. In Chapter 12, how does the author demonstrate Granpa's respect for the animals?
(a) They stop trapping once they have caught enough for a meal.
(b) They throw the young fish back into the creek.
(c) They release animals from the trap when they are carrying young ones.
(d) They stop trapping in the Spring and Summer because the animals are raising their young.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the events in Chapter 12 demonstrate the importance of Granma's knowledge of plants and herbs?
2. Why is there some truth in Granpa's belief that the way people sound when they talk can be more important than the words they use?
3. What reason does Granpa suggest as the only logical explanation for this law of George Washington's that makes him so angry?
4. Why is it important for the author to reveal that Granpa and Granma have friends who visit them?
5. In the narration, Little Tree says he discovers later on that Granma only read some parts of the stories about George Washington. What reason does Little Tree suggest for this?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)