|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, "A Dangerous Adventure".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the events in Chapter 12 demonstrate the importance of Granma's knowledge of plants and herbs?
(a) It helps to stop Little Tree's arm from swellling.
(b) It soothes Granpa's bear bite.
(c) It stops Little Tree's bleeding.
(d) It helps her to save someone's life.
2. How do the visitor's ambitions contrast with the values of Granpa and Granma?
(a) The visitor wants money but Granma and Granpa don't want to be rich, they just want to protect Little Tree's inheritance.
(b) The visitor is intent on getting rich while Granpa and Granma have no interest in having more than they need to survive.
(c) The visitor wants to get easy money but Granpa and Granma know they own inherited land so they need no schemes to get rich.
(d) The visitor wants quick riches but Granpa and Granma prefer to get rich by selling crops.
3. What does the visitor in Chapter 7 do at dinner that tempts Little Tree to forget one of his lessons about taking things?
(a) He tells Little Tree he can have one of the corns, and Little Tree is tempted to take the biggest one.
(b) He wears bright yellow high-top shoes that Little Tree secretly craves.
(c) He takes three slices of Granma's sweet potato pie, and Little Tree silently craves the last slice.
(d) He brings only three small corns so Little Tree has to do without.
4. Why is it significant that Granpa reminds Little Tree in Chapter 10 about the importance of paying attention to people's tone and not just their words?
(a) Because Granpa knows that a politician will be visiting.
(b) Because shortly after the reminder, Little Tree is tricked by a "Christian" using misleading words.
(c) Because Little Tree is getting older and facing new challenges.
(d) Because Granpa knows that there is trouble coming.
5. How does Granpa help Little Tree overcome feeling empty and sad after Ringer's death?
(a) He tells him he will feel better in a few days.
(b) He tells him to accept that Ringer is better off as he won't suffer anymore.
(c) He says the only way not to feel empty and sad is never to love anything, but then he will always feel sad and empty.
(d) He tells him to remember the good times with Ringer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What helps to determine whether Granpa and Granma light the coal oil lamp in the evenings during winter?
2. In his reaction to this visitor, what characteristics does Little Tree display that he will have to overcome in order to avoid difficulties with some people outside his family?
3. In Chapter 12, how does the author demonstrate Granpa's respect for the animals?
4. According to Chapter 3, how does Granpa feel about politicians and authority figures?
5. How does the author use contrast to show different lifestyles and characters in Chapter 7?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)