|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, "A Dangerous Adventure".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Granpa help Little Tree overcome feeling empty and sad after Ringer's death?
(a) He tells him to accept that Ringer is better off as he won't suffer anymore.
(b) He says the only way not to feel empty and sad is never to love anything, but then he will always feel sad and empty.
(c) He tells him he will feel better in a few days.
(d) He tells him to remember the good times with Ringer.
2. Why is the lady in the black car frustrated by Granpa's answer?
(a) She thinks Granpa is being rude.
(b) She thinks Granpa is deaf.
(c) She thinks Granpa is a foreigner.
(d) Granpa directs them toward a mountain, due west.
3. What is the importance of the way Chapter 12 ends?
(a) To demonstrate how grave danger has cemented the bonds among the members of the family.
(b) To demonstrate that time is running out for the family.
(c) To demonstrate that everyone in the family has an important role.
(d) To demonstrate that the Cherokee way of life has serious dangers.
4. What does the visitor in Chapter 7 do at dinner that tempts Little Tree to forget one of his lessons about taking things?
(a) He takes three slices of Granma's sweet potato pie, and Little Tree silently craves the last slice.
(b) He tells Little Tree he can have one of the corns, and Little Tree is tempted to take the biggest one.
(c) He wears bright yellow high-top shoes that Little Tree secretly craves.
(d) He brings only three small corns so Little Tree has to do without.
5. What would be the most appropriate alternate title for Chapter 5?
(a) Differences in Culture.
(b) The Big Black Car.
(c) Little Tree Learns of Chattanooga.
(d) A Visit to the Settlement.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which book is always available at Little Tree's cabin and why?
2. From the incident with the black car, what is revealed about Granpa's attitude towards words?
3. Why does Little Tree set the coal oil can down when the lady in the black car speaks to them?
4. Who guides the family when it comes to books, decisions and words?
5. What does Little Tree learn about Granpa when he hears him say "I kin ye Bonnie Bee"?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)