|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, "A Dangerous Adventure".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 7, Little Tree's grandparents place emphasis on teaching him some more very important skills. Why do they do this?
(a) They want to make sure he will be a good father.
(b) They want to make sure he learns about his tribe's habits.
(c) They want to make sure he will be able to take care of them soon.
(d) They are making sure that Little Tree learns enough to be self-sufficient off the land.
2. Who does Granpa ask about the law that made him angry?
(a) The owner of the supply store at the settlement.
(b) The man at the settlement who pulls teeth.
(c) A man who gives them a car ride from the settlement.
(d) The librarian.
3. What does the reader learn about Granpa from his reaction to the lady in the black car who is rude to him?
(a) He is able to maintain his dignity even when treated badly.
(b) He does not understand insults.
(c) He has a very bad temper.
(d) He is afraid of people who insult others.
4. Why is it significant that Granpa reminds Little Tree in Chapter 10 about the importance of paying attention to people's tone and not just their words?
(a) Because Granpa knows that there is trouble coming.
(b) Because Granpa knows that a politician will be visiting.
(c) Because Little Tree is getting older and facing new challenges.
(d) Because shortly after the reminder, Little Tree is tricked by a "Christian" using misleading words.
5. In his reaction to this visitor, what characteristics does Little Tree display that he will have to overcome in order to avoid difficulties with some people outside his family?
(a) Little Tree is gullible and trusting.
(b) Little Tree is tempted to take more food than he should.
(c) Little Tree does not pay close attention when others are speaking.
(d) Little Tree is afraid to trust others.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the most important lesson that Little Tree learns from the stories heard in Chapter 5?
2. What helps to determine whether Granpa and Granma light the coal oil lamp in the evenings during winter?
3. How does the author establish Granma's resourcefulness in Chapter 12?
4. Who is Smokehouse and what role does he play in Chapter 7?
5. Which three people does Little Tree learn about from Granpa's stories in Chapter 5?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)