|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, "A Dangerous Adventure".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the author reveal Granpa's sense of humor even during this dangerous adventure?
(a) Granpa jokes that as soon as he lies down, Granma lifts her skirt and tries to seduce him.
(b) He makes up a funny song about their escape.
(c) He makes up a funny poem about their escape.
(d) He encourages Little Tree to have a good laugh and forget the whole incident.
2. Why does Little Tree set the coal oil can down when the lady in the black car speaks to them?
(a) Because it is getting heavy.
(b) Because it is beginning to spill oil.
(c) Because Granpa teaches him that when spoken to, he should give full attention out of respect.
(d) To avoid the smell.
3. Granma accidentally reads about a law introduced by George Washington and this gets Granpa very angry. What law is this?
(a) A tax on whiskey.
(b) A law to force Cherokees to live in modern houses.
(c) A law to send all Cherokee children to orphanages for proper education.
(d) A tax on Cherokee lands.
4. What is Little Tree planning to do with the extra coins he is keeping in his pocket from his savings?
(a) Buy a hat for Granpa.
(b) Buy a candy box for Granma's Christmas present.
(c) Buy a dictionary to learn new words.
(d) Buy candy for the sharecropper's daughter.
5. What helps to determine whether Granpa and Granma light the coal oil lamp in the evenings during winter?
(a) The cost of a nickel to fill the coal oil lamp.
(b) The time when they go to bed.
(c) The time when the sun sets.
(d) The weather.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the woman in the black car ask when she stops Little Tree and Granpa on their way back from the settlement?
2. In Chapter 12, how does the author demonstrate Granpa's respect for the animals?
3. How does the author reveal that the policeman might be wrong to put the driver of the black car in jail?
4. Who does Granpa ask about the law that made him angry?
5. Why is it important for the author to reveal that Granpa and Granma have friends who visit them?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)