|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, "A Dangerous Adventure".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is there some truth in Granpa's belief that the way people sound when they talk can be more important than the words they use?
(a) Because some people don't know the meanings of the words they use.
(b) Because people tell lies using misleading words.
(c) Because words have many different meanings.
(d) Because people, like politicians, sometimes use words to trick others.
2. In his reaction to this visitor, what characteristics does Little Tree display that he will have to overcome in order to avoid difficulties with some people outside his family?
(a) Little Tree is afraid to trust others.
(b) Little Tree does not pay close attention when others are speaking.
(c) Little Tree is tempted to take more food than he should.
(d) Little Tree is gullible and trusting.
3. Why does Little Tree set the coal oil can down when the lady in the black car speaks to them?
(a) Because it is beginning to spill oil.
(b) Because it is getting heavy.
(c) To avoid the smell.
(d) Because Granpa teaches him that when spoken to, he should give full attention out of respect.
4. How does Little Tree's innocence and trust lead him to lose his money?
(a) Pine Billy encourages him to use the money in a scheme to make more money.
(b) A calf owner convinces him to buy a sick calf that soon dies.
(c) The preacher encourages him to throw his extra money in the collection plate for the poor.
(d) The sharecropper pleads with him to give his daughter some money.
5. What does the woman in the black car ask when she stops Little Tree and Granpa on their way back from the settlement?
(a) If they want a ride home.
(b) The way to the church.
(c) The way to Chattanooga.
(d) The way to the cabin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which three people does Little Tree learn about from Granpa's stories in Chapter 5?
2. According to Granpa's story, why did his father's friend enter the church with a pistol?
3. What does Little Tree learn about Granpa when he hears him say "I kin ye Bonnie Bee"?
4. What helps to determine whether Granpa and Granma light the coal oil lamp in the evenings during winter?
5. According to Chapter 3, how does Granpa feel about politicians and authority figures?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)