|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, "A Dangerous Adventure".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what special activity do Little Tree and his grandparents participate on weekend evenings during the winter?
(a) They go to church.
(b) They roast chestnuts in the fireplace.
(c) Granma reads to Little Tree and Granpa.
(d) They make rugs from the deer hide.
2. Granma accidentally reads about a law introduced by George Washington and this gets Granpa very angry. What law is this?
(a) A tax on Cherokee lands.
(b) A tax on whiskey.
(c) A law to send all Cherokee children to orphanages for proper education.
(d) A law to force Cherokees to live in modern houses.
3. In the early chapters of the book, what kind of education is Little Tree receiving from his grandparents?
(a) An education about becoming a hunter.
(b) A varied and practical education.
(c) An education that is limited to the Cherokee way of life.
(d) An education about responsibility.
4. What is the most important lesson that Little Tree learns from the stories heard in Chapter 5?
(a) That he has many relatives.
(b) That "kin" is all about the love and understanding between some people.
(c) That Granpa almost went to Chattanooga.
(d) The bad effects of fighting.
5. Which three people does Little Tree learn about from Granpa's stories in Chapter 5?
(a) Uncle Coon, Papa Jack and Pa.
(b) Jack, Papa and Uncle.
(c) An uncle who gets in trouble with women, granpa's pa and Coon Jack.
(d) Uncle, Pa and Bonnie Bee.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Little Tree learn about Granpa when he hears him say "I kin ye Bonnie Bee"?
2. Which book is always available at Little Tree's cabin and why?
3. In the narration, Little Tree says he discovers later on that Granma only read some parts of the stories about George Washington. What reason does Little Tree suggest for this?
4. Who guides the family when it comes to books, decisions and words?
5. How does Granpa help Little Tree overcome feeling empty and sad after Ringer's death?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)