|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, "A Dangerous Adventure".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Granpa help Little Tree overcome feeling empty and sad after Ringer's death?
(a) He tells him to accept that Ringer is better off as he won't suffer anymore.
(b) He tells him he will feel better in a few days.
(c) He tells him to remember the good times with Ringer.
(d) He says the only way not to feel empty and sad is never to love anything, but then he will always feel sad and empty.
2. In what special activity do Little Tree and his grandparents participate on weekend evenings during the winter?
(a) They go to church.
(b) They make rugs from the deer hide.
(c) Granma reads to Little Tree and Granpa.
(d) They roast chestnuts in the fireplace.
3. According to Granpa's story, why did his father's friend enter the church with a pistol?
(a) The people in the church have been saying bad things about him.
(b) Because having fought battles all his life and lost everything, he has nothing more to fight about.
(c) He believes the preacher's sermon is against him.
(d) He has lost his home and family.
4. From the incident with the black car, what is revealed about Granpa's attitude towards words?
(a) Granpa finds words helpful in understanding other people.
(b) Granpa wants Little Tree to learn many new words.
(c) Granpa thinks there are too many words and he prefers the sound of speech rather than the words used.
(d) Granpa is eager to learn new words.
5. How is this visitor in Chapter 7 hoping to become rich?
(a) By winning a writing competition and through a reward for alerting the police to the existence of a big criminal.
(b) By selling a large piece of land to the government and then earn interest at the bank.
(c) Through a prize in a competition at the settlement.
(d) Through a reward from the police for turning in a stolen black car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would be the most appropriate alternate title for Chapter 5?
2. In the early chapters of the book, what kind of education is Little Tree receiving from his grandparents?
3. Granma accidentally reads about a law introduced by George Washington and this gets Granpa very angry. What law is this?
4. Why is the lady in the black car frustrated by Granpa's answer?
5. In the narration, Little Tree says he discovers later on that Granma only read some parts of the stories about George Washington. What reason does Little Tree suggest for this?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)