|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, "A Dangerous Adventure".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Granma accidentally reads about a law introduced by George Washington and this gets Granpa very angry. What law is this?
(a) A tax on whiskey.
(b) A tax on Cherokee lands.
(c) A law to force Cherokees to live in modern houses.
(d) A law to send all Cherokee children to orphanages for proper education.
2. What is the importance of the way Chapter 12 ends?
(a) To demonstrate that everyone in the family has an important role.
(b) To demonstrate that the Cherokee way of life has serious dangers.
(c) To demonstrate how grave danger has cemented the bonds among the members of the family.
(d) To demonstrate that time is running out for the family.
3. What reason does Granpa suggest as the only logical explanation for this law of George Washington's that makes him so angry?
(a) Washington got a blow in the head.
(b) Washington hates children.
(c) Washington hates Cherokees.
(d) Washington is a thief.
4. In Chapter 10 how does the author demonstrate that Little Tree has a conscience?
(a) He gives back coins to Granpa that he finds in the kitchen.
(b) He tells Mr.Jenkins that one bottle of whiskey is not filled up right.
(c) He gives Mr. Jenkins the unopened candy he finds on the floor.
(d) He feels bad to accept candy from Mr. Jenkins just for taking up woodchips.
5. What does the reader learn about Granpa from his reaction to the lady in the black car who is rude to him?
(a) He is afraid of people who insult others.
(b) He does not understand insults.
(c) He is able to maintain his dignity even when treated badly.
(d) He has a very bad temper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the most important lesson that Little Tree learns from the stories heard in Chapter 5?
2. Where does Granma get books to read to Little Tree and Granpa?
3. How does the author reveal that the policeman might be wrong to put the driver of the black car in jail?
4. Which three people does Little Tree learn about from Granpa's stories in Chapter 5?
5. In the narration, Little Tree says he discovers later on that Granma only read some parts of the stories about George Washington. What reason does Little Tree suggest for this?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)