|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, "A Dangerous Adventure".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the woman in the black car ask when she stops Little Tree and Granpa on their way back from the settlement?
(a) The way to the cabin.
(b) The way to Chattanooga.
(c) If they want a ride home.
(d) The way to the church.
2. According to Granpa's story, why did his father's friend enter the church with a pistol?
(a) The people in the church have been saying bad things about him.
(b) He believes the preacher's sermon is against him.
(c) He has lost his home and family.
(d) Because having fought battles all his life and lost everything, he has nothing more to fight about.
3. Why is it important for the author to reveal that Granpa and Granma have friends who visit them?
(a) To make it clear that Little Tree is kept away from adults who are not Cherokee.
(b) To make it clear that Little Tree's grandparents are not bringing him up in a way that isolates him from other people.
(c) To make it clear that Little Tree is being protected.
(d) To make it clear that everyone is not racially prejudiced.
4. In the early chapters of the book, what kind of education is Little Tree receiving from his grandparents?
(a) A varied and practical education.
(b) An education about becoming a hunter.
(c) An education about responsibility.
(d) An education that is limited to the Cherokee way of life.
5. According to Chapter 3, how does Granpa feel about politicians and authority figures?
(a) Granpa does not like politicians and authority figures.
(b) Granpa likes to hear about politicians and authority figures.
(c) Granpa is afraid of politicians and authority figures.
(d) Granpa believes politicians and authority figures are necessary to keep order.
Short Answer Questions
1. What dangerous adventure gives Chapter 12 its title?
2. What does Little Tree learn about Granpa when he hears him say "I kin ye Bonnie Bee"?
3. How do the visitor's ambitions contrast with the values of Granpa and Granma?
4. Who is Smokehouse and what role does he play in Chapter 7?
5. What is the difference between the author's portrayal of the visitor in Chapter 7 and the way in which the innocent Little Tree views him?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)