|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, "A Dangerous Adventure".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Little Tree learn about Granpa when he hears him say "I kin ye Bonnie Bee"?
(a) That Granpa will take care of Granma.
(b) That Granma takes care of the bees.
(c) Little Tree learns of the love and understanding that Granpa has for Granma.
(d) That Granma is a good worker.
2. In Chapter 7, Little Tree's grandparents place emphasis on teaching him some more very important skills. Why do they do this?
(a) They want to make sure he learns about his tribe's habits.
(b) They want to make sure he will be able to take care of them soon.
(c) They want to make sure he will be a good father.
(d) They are making sure that Little Tree learns enough to be self-sufficient off the land.
3. How does Granpa help Little Tree to accept the death of Ringer after he is bludgeoned in the mountains?
(a) Granpa says Ringer knows that his time has come so he dies happy.
(b) Granpa says Ringer knows his injuries are too serious so he accepts he has to die.
(c) Granpa says Ringer is aware of being found and taken home so he dies feeling better.
(d) Granpa says Ringer dies knowing that Little Tree appreciates his help in the mountains.
4. How do the events in Chapter 12 demonstrate the importance of Granma's knowledge of plants and herbs?
(a) It stops Little Tree's bleeding.
(b) It helps to stop Little Tree's arm from swellling.
(c) It soothes Granpa's bear bite.
(d) It helps her to save someone's life.
5. What reason does Granpa suggest as the only logical explanation for this law of George Washington's that makes him so angry?
(a) Washington hates children.
(b) Washington hates Cherokees.
(c) Washington is a thief.
(d) Washington got a blow in the head.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Granpa help Little Tree overcome feeling empty and sad after Ringer's death?
2. What is Little Tree planning to do with the extra coins he is keeping in his pocket from his savings?
3. How does the author establish Granma's resourcefulness in Chapter 12?
4. In the early chapters of the book, what kind of education is Little Tree receiving from his grandparents?
5. How do the visitor's ambitions contrast with the values of Granpa and Granma?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)