|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, "A Dangerous Adventure".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the most important lesson that Little Tree learns from the stories heard in Chapter 5?
(a) The bad effects of fighting.
(b) That "kin" is all about the love and understanding between some people.
(c) That he has many relatives.
(d) That Granpa almost went to Chattanooga.
2. Who does Granpa ask about the law that made him angry?
(a) The owner of the supply store at the settlement.
(b) The man at the settlement who pulls teeth.
(c) The librarian.
(d) A man who gives them a car ride from the settlement.
3. Why is there some truth in Granpa's belief that the way people sound when they talk can be more important than the words they use?
(a) Because people tell lies using misleading words.
(b) Because words have many different meanings.
(c) Because some people don't know the meanings of the words they use.
(d) Because people, like politicians, sometimes use words to trick others.
4. According to Granpa's story, why did his father's friend enter the church with a pistol?
(a) He believes the preacher's sermon is against him.
(b) The people in the church have been saying bad things about him.
(c) Because having fought battles all his life and lost everything, he has nothing more to fight about.
(d) He has lost his home and family.
5. What would be the most appropriate alternate title for Chapter 5?
(a) A Visit to the Settlement.
(b) The Big Black Car.
(c) Little Tree Learns of Chattanooga.
(d) Differences in Culture.
Short Answer Questions
1. From the incident with the black car, what is revealed about Granpa's attitude towards words?
2. Why does Little Tree set the coal oil can down when the lady in the black car speaks to them?
3. How do the events in Chapter 12 demonstrate the importance of Granma's knowledge of plants and herbs?
4. How do the visitor's ambitions contrast with the values of Granpa and Granma?
5. In Chapter 12, how does the author demonstrate Granpa's respect for the animals?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)