|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, "A Dangerous Adventure".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Little Tree's innocence and trust lead him to lose his money?
(a) The sharecropper pleads with him to give his daughter some money.
(b) A calf owner convinces him to buy a sick calf that soon dies.
(c) The preacher encourages him to throw his extra money in the collection plate for the poor.
(d) Pine Billy encourages him to use the money in a scheme to make more money.
2. Which books are Granma's favorites to read?
(a) Books with poems and songs about children.
(b) Books about the Cherokees.
(c) Bible stories.
(d) Shakespeare's plays.
3. What does the visitor in Chapter 7 do at dinner that tempts Little Tree to forget one of his lessons about taking things?
(a) He takes three slices of Granma's sweet potato pie, and Little Tree silently craves the last slice.
(b) He wears bright yellow high-top shoes that Little Tree secretly craves.
(c) He brings only three small corns so Little Tree has to do without.
(d) He tells Little Tree he can have one of the corns, and Little Tree is tempted to take the biggest one.
4. How do the events in Chapter 12 demonstrate the importance of Granma's knowledge of plants and herbs?
(a) It stops Little Tree's bleeding.
(b) It soothes Granpa's bear bite.
(c) It helps to stop Little Tree's arm from swellling.
(d) It helps her to save someone's life.
5. What is the importance of the way Chapter 12 ends?
(a) To demonstrate that everyone in the family has an important role.
(b) To demonstrate that time is running out for the family.
(c) To demonstrate that the Cherokee way of life has serious dangers.
(d) To demonstrate how grave danger has cemented the bonds among the members of the family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the lady in the black car frustrated by Granpa's answer?
2. What dangerous adventure gives Chapter 12 its title?
3. In the narration, Little Tree says he discovers later on that Granma only read some parts of the stories about George Washington. What reason does Little Tree suggest for this?
4. Who is Smokehouse and what role does he play in Chapter 7?
5. Which three people does Little Tree learn about from Granpa's stories in Chapter 5?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)