|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, "A Dangerous Adventure".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character comes to visit the family in Chapter 7?
(a) The preacher.
(b) Pine Billy.
(c) The sharecropper.
(d) The lady from the big, black car.
2. What dangerous adventure gives Chapter 12 its title?
(a) Little Tree is bitten by a bear.
(b) Little Tree is bitten by a rattlesnake.
(c) Granpa is bitten by a rattlesnake from which he rescues Little Tree.
(d) Granpa is bitten by a bear.
3. In Chapter 7, Little Tree's grandparents place emphasis on teaching him some more very important skills. Why do they do this?
(a) They want to make sure he learns about his tribe's habits.
(b) They want to make sure he will be able to take care of them soon.
(c) They are making sure that Little Tree learns enough to be self-sufficient off the land.
(d) They want to make sure he will be a good father.
4. What helps to determine whether Granpa and Granma light the coal oil lamp in the evenings during winter?
(a) The weather.
(b) The time when they go to bed.
(c) The time when the sun sets.
(d) The cost of a nickel to fill the coal oil lamp.
5. Why does Little Tree set the coal oil can down when the lady in the black car speaks to them?
(a) Because it is getting heavy.
(b) Because it is beginning to spill oil.
(c) Because Granpa teaches him that when spoken to, he should give full attention out of respect.
(d) To avoid the smell.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 12, how does the author demonstrate Granpa's respect for the animals?
2. In the narration, Little Tree says he discovers later on that Granma only read some parts of the stories about George Washington. What reason does Little Tree suggest for this?
3. What is the difference between the author's portrayal of the visitor in Chapter 7 and the way in which the innocent Little Tree views him?
4. What does the reader learn about Granpa from his reaction to the lady in the black car who is rude to him?
5. Who guides the family when it comes to books, decisions and words?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)