Two Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, "A Dangerous Adventure".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the difference between the author's portrayal of the visitor in Chapter 7 and the way in which the innocent Little Tree views him?
(a) The author suggests that he is not very generous, but Little Tree thinks he is kind.
(b) The author suggests that he is not a sincere friend of the family, but Little Tree trusts him.
(c) The author suggests that he is always making up stories and schemes, but Little Tree thinks he is wise and successful.
(d) The author suggests that he is spying on how Little Tree is being brought up, but Little Tree thinks he is a true friend.
2. Granma accidentally reads about a law introduced by George Washington and this gets Granpa very angry. What law is this?
(a) A tax on Cherokee lands.
(b) A tax on whiskey.
(c) A law to send all Cherokee children to orphanages for proper education.
(d) A law to force Cherokees to live in modern houses.
3. Why is it significant that Granpa reminds Little Tree in Chapter 10 about the importance of paying attention to people's tone and not just their words?
(a) Because shortly after the reminder, Little Tree is tricked by a "Christian" using misleading words.
(b) Because Granpa knows that there is trouble coming.
(c) Because Little Tree is getting older and facing new challenges.
(d) Because Granpa knows that a politician will be visiting.
4. Which three people does Little Tree learn about from Granpa's stories in Chapter 5?
(a) Jack, Papa and Uncle.
(b) Uncle Coon, Papa Jack and Pa.
(c) Uncle, Pa and Bonnie Bee.
(d) An uncle who gets in trouble with women, granpa's pa and Coon Jack.
5. In Chapter 7, why does Granpa say that Little Tree looks like he is becoming a man?
(a) He is learning to farm and to plow although the work is difficult.
(b) He begins to go out to the distant lands by himself.
(c) He is learning to cook with Granma's herbs.
(d) He shows that he understands Granma's lessons about herbs.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author use contrast to show different lifestyles and characters in Chapter 7?
2. Where does Granma get books to read to Little Tree and Granpa?
3. Why is there some truth in Granpa's belief that the way people sound when they talk can be more important than the words they use?
4. What does the reader learn about Granpa from his reaction to the lady in the black car who is rude to him?
5. Why does Little Tree set the coal oil can down when the lady in the black car speaks to them?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)