|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, "Church-Going".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What change does Little Tree make that demonstrates how much he has learned from the loss of the money spent on the calf?
(a) He resolves to give his money to Granma to keep.
(b) He resolves to keep his extra money in his fruit jar instead of in his pocket.
(c) He resolves to give Granpa his money to keep.
(d) He resolves to bury his money in his secret place.
2. In Chapter 16, what does the author suggest about the importance of the church teachings to Granpa and Little Tree?
(a) They are very involved in the church teachings and make certain they discuss the Bible stories for full understanding.
(b) Granpa leaves this part of Little Tree's lessons to Granma.
(c) They don't fully understand what the church is about and are confused about the Bible stories.
(d) Granpa doesn't believe any of it but he wants Little Tree to work it out for himself.
3. How does Granpa help Little Tree understand the seriousness of spending the money on the calf?
(a) Granpa reduces Little Tree's stake in the business.
(b) Granpa sends him to find the man who sold him the calf and demand his money.
(c) Granpa makes Little Tree go without his earnings for the next two weeks.
(d) Granpa makes Little Tree write down on paper how much he spent and lost.
4. How does the preacher make Granpa angry in some of his sermons?
(a) He talks a lot about Pharisees or separates, while looking and pointing straight at Granpa's family.
(b) He rants and raves about whiskey makers.
(c) He talks with contempt about the Catholics.
(d) He talks with contempt about the Cherokee.
5. How does the author demonstrate that despite being poor, the sharecropper is instilling pride in his daughter?
(a) The sharecropper forbids his daughter to speak to Little Tree.
(b) The sharecropper whips his daughter's legs and tells her to give back the moccasins Little Tree gives to her.
(c) The sharecropper tells Granpa to keep his grandson away from his daughter.
(d) The sharecropper chastises his daughter for talking to Little Tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Trail of Tears?
2. According to the news heard in Chapter 11, what is causing people in New York to die?
3. According to his grandparents, why is it important for Little Tree to learn about his past?
4. In Chapter 6, the author reveals that Pa becomes a warrior late in his life. For whom does he fight?
5. Referring to people who like to take and give handouts, what similarity does Granpa describe between some people and some countries?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)