|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, "Church-Going".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the best alternate title for Chapter 6?
(b) Understanding the Past.
(c) The Lost People.
(d) Survival of the Strong.
2. How does the preacher make Granpa angry in some of his sermons?
(a) He talks a lot about Pharisees or separates, while looking and pointing straight at Granpa's family.
(b) He rants and raves about whiskey makers.
(c) He talks with contempt about the Catholics.
(d) He talks with contempt about the Cherokee.
3. What do Little Tree's grandparents reveal about the Cherokee style of passing on information and lessons from one generation to the other?
(a) There is no writing system so valuable information is lost.
(b) They use the oral tradition in which stories are used to pass on information.
(c) They use symbols on caves.
(d) They use a special writing system.
4. What is unusual about the type of church that Little Tree's family attends?
(a) The church only allows Cherokee to sit at the back.
(b) It is the only church so it services various faiths, including Baptists, Methodists, Presbyterians, Episcopalians and Church of Christ.
(c) The church is only open for services once per month.
(d) It is the only church so the preacher uses many different languages.
5. What change does Little Tree make that demonstrates how much he has learned from the loss of the money spent on the calf?
(a) He resolves to give his money to Granma to keep.
(b) He resolves to bury his money in his secret place.
(c) He resolves to keep his extra money in his fruit jar instead of in his pocket.
(d) He resolves to give Granpa his money to keep.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the news heard in Chapter 11, what is causing people in New York to die?
2. What lesson does the author teach the reader in Chapter 6, based on how the Indians responded to the oppression by the soldiers?
3. What is the Trail of Tears?
4. How is the reader made aware that Pa eventually gets very close to the Indians?
5. How do religious and cultural beliefs cause Little Tree and the sharecropper's daughter to act negatively towards each other?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)