Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the main character of L'Amour's novel "The Walking Drum"?
2. Who was the black king of Haiti?
3. Who wrote "Ancient Geography of India"?
4. In California in the 1920s, how long was a boxing bout?
5. What people group established themselves at Carthage and became a dominant power until destroyed by Rome.
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 4, L'Amour commented that all men look, but few can see. Discuss what L'Amour meant by that comment.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 1, L'Amour explained his views of what an education was and was not. Discuss L'Amour's definition and views of an education.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 14, L'Amour stated that books were valuable and must be preserved. Discuss the value that L'Amour place on books.
This section contains 146 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)