|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was L'Amour's first motion picture?
2. On what Indian reservation was Mancos Canyon located?
3. How old was Dixon when he came west?
4. How many texts did Kumarajiva translate from Sanskrit into Chinese?
5. Where did L'Amour attend Officers' Candidate School?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did L'Amour remember about reading one cold night in Paris?
2. What was Nalanda University?
3. Why did L'Amour say that the western pioneers were select people?
4. How was L'Amour first able to learn the stories from Iran's great Book of Kings?
5. After World War II when L'Amour was living in Los Angeles, where would L'Amour often go?
6. How did L'Amour believe that a people group could be understood?
7. How did L'Amour meet a man named Gillespie?
8. When L'Amour began his writing career, how did he write?
9. Describe the brother and sister L'Amour met in Shanghai.
10. Once L'Amour could no longer find the books he wanted in library, where did he have to find books?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At the beginning of Chapter 7 is a quote about daring to do hard things. Discuss how L'Amour was a person who didn't hesitate to do hard things.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss L'Amour mean when he said that t a writer's brain was like a magician's hat.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 25, L'Amour discussed his ranch. Discuss L'Amour's ranch and its value to him.
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)