|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old did Chris Madsen live to be?
2. What book by Byron might have been found on L'Amour's bookshelves?
3. What country western singer visited Mesa Verde with L'Amour and his family?
4. Who was one of the regular writers in "The Saturday Evening Post"?
5. What book did L'Amour read by Malcom Rogers?
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 3, L'Amour drifted down to the sea for a job. Discuss L'Amour's experiences as a seaman.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 21, after L'Amour listened to a speech where the man stumbled and foundered and everyone suffered with the speaker, L'Amour decided he need to learn how to speak in public. Discuss why and how L'Amour became a public speaker.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss L'Amour mean when he said that t a writer's brain was like a magician's hat.
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)