|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 22, what country did L'Amour mention that was invaded many times, but never invaded anyone?
2. Where did L'Amour begin writing "Education of a Wandering Man"?
3. What people group established themselves at Carthage and became a dominant power until destroyed by Rome.
4. In what desert did L'Amour believe that the remains of an ancient civilization might be discovered?
5. Where did L'Amour read "Burning Daylight"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 11, L'Amour proposed that only someone who had learned much could appreciate his ignorance. Discuss why only someone who had learned much could appreciate his ignorance.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 14, L'Amour stated that books were valuable and must be preserved. Discuss the value that L'Amour place on books.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 21, after L'Amour listened to a speech where the man stumbled and foundered and everyone suffered with the speaker, L'Amour decided he need to learn how to speak in public. Discuss why and how L'Amour became a public speaker.
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)