|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city was Oak Creek Canyon near?
2. How many men did Alexander have in his army?
3. Who was the black king of Haiti?
4. Who wrote what L'Amour considered to be the best history of Japan?
5. How old was Fa-hien when he died?
Short Essay Questions
1. When L'Amour settled down to write, what three categories was the magazine field divided into?
2. Why was L'Amour impressed by the memories of Arabs during the Middle Ages?
3. Who was Billy Dixon?
4. What was L'Amour's experience at Weepah?
5. How did L'Amour learn about the "Sejarah Melayu"?
6. What was Nalanda University?
7. After World War II when L'Amour was living in Los Angeles, where would L'Amour often go?
8. Who was Singapore Charlie?
9. Why was infection rare in the earliest days in the mountains?
10. What were some social activities that were popular in the West?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 9, L'Amour described the lives of men who were waiting for jobs at sea. Discuss how men who were unemployed sailors spent their time.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 17, L'Amour wanted to learn more about Asia and Africa. Discuss why, what, and how L'Amour wanted to learn about Asia and Africa.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapters 1-2, L'Amour discusses his childhood. Discuss L'Amour's childhood experiences and how they influenced his life.
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)