Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the main character of L'Amour's novel "The Walking Drum"?
2. Who was the black king of Haiti?
3. Who wrote "Ancient Geography of India"?
4. In California in the 1920s, how long was a boxing bout?
5. What people group established themselves at Carthage and became a dominant power until destroyed by Rome.
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 14, L'Amour stated that books were valuable and must be preserved. Discuss the value that L'Amour place on books.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 11, L'Amour proposed that only someone who had learned much could appreciate his ignorance. Discuss why only someone who had learned much could appreciate his ignorance.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 8 L'Amour discussed how writers learn their trade. Discuss L'Amour's view of writing and his efforts to write.
This section contains 151 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)