|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom did L'Amour believe the Roman soldiers sold their services and served as mercenaries?
2. What writer and naturalist was on the spot when the New Madrid earthquake happened?
3. Was the the name of L'Amour's first novel?
4. How many short stories had L'Amour written when his first novel was published?
5. Where was the small journal published that published some of L'Amour's poetry in Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. When L'Amour settled down to write, what three categories was the magazine field divided into?
2. How did L'Amour learn about the "Sejarah Melayu"?
3. Who was Bodhidharma?
4. Who was Billy Dixon?
5. How did L'Amour believe that a people group could be understood?
6. Why was L'Amour impressed by the memories of Arabs during the Middle Ages?
7. Describe the brother and sister L'Amour met in Shanghai.
8. What did L'Amour remember about reading one cold night in Paris?
9. How was L'Amour first able to learn the stories from Iran's great Book of Kings?
10. How did L'Amour believe that young people who loitered in the streets or gathered in gangs could find their way in the world?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 3, L'Amour drifted down to the sea for a job. Discuss L'Amour's experiences as a seaman.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapters 1-2, L'Amour discusses his childhood. Discuss L'Amour's childhood experiences and how they influenced his life.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 28, L'Amour stated that his book was a record of his search for knowledge. Discuss why the book was a record of L'Amour's search for knowledge.
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)