|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When were the Wolfville stories written?
2. What country western singer visited Mesa Verde with L'Amour and his family?
3. In the Adobe Walls fight, how many buffalo hunters fought off Comanche and Kiowa warriors?
4. When did the Rev. Andrew Burnaby write "Through the Middle Settlements of North America"?
5. How many short stories had L'Amour written when his first novel was published?
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 21, after L'Amour listened to a speech where the man stumbled and foundered and everyone suffered with the speaker, L'Amour decided he need to learn how to speak in public. Discuss why and how L'Amour became a public speaker.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 8 L'Amour discussed how writers learn their trade. Discuss L'Amour's view of writing and his efforts to write.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 28, L'Amour stated that his book was a record of his search for knowledge. Discuss why the book was a record of L'Amour's search for knowledge.
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)