|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long was the sailing season from Egypt to India?
2. Who wrote "Ancient Geography of India"?
3. What book by Byron might have been found on L'Amour's bookshelves?
4. Where did L'Amour's first contact in Shanghai come from?
5. When was it said that paper was invented?
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 4, L'Amour commented that all men look, but few can see. Discuss what L'Amour meant by that comment.
Essay Topic 2
At the beginning of Chapter 7 is a quote about daring to do hard things. Discuss how L'Amour was a person who didn't hesitate to do hard things.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 5, L'Amour heard many a tale while wandering from job to job. Discuss the tales L'Amour heard and lessons he learned.
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)