|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Adobe Walls fight, how many buffalo hunters fought off Comanche and Kiowa warriors?
2. Who wrote "The Army of the Future"?
3. What languages did the man speak in addition to his native tongue who told L'Amour about the "Sejarah Melayu"?
4. How wide was the Hole-in-the-Wall in Wyoming?
5. Who was the black king of Haiti?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 14, L'Amour stated that books were valuable and must be preserved. Discuss the value that L'Amour place on books.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 16, when L'Amour began dedicating his time to writing, there were three different types of markets for short stories. Discuss the different types of markets there were for short stories.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 4, L'Amour commented that all men look, but few can see. Discuss what L'Amour meant by that comment.
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)