|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the main character of L'Amour's novel "The Walking Drum"?
2. Who was the black king of Haiti?
3. Who wrote "Ancient Geography of India"?
4. In California in the 1920s, how long was a boxing bout?
5. What people group established themselves at Carthage and became a dominant power until destroyed by Rome.
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 14, L'Amour stated that books were valuable and must be preserved. Discuss the value that L'Amour place on books.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapters 1-2, L'Amour discusses his childhood. Discuss L'Amour's childhood experiences and how they influenced his life.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 11-12, L'Amour discussed how writers obtained ideas for their writing. Discuss some ways writers obtained ideas for writing.
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)