|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the black king of Haiti?
2. How many Nobel Prize winners did L'Amour believe wrote in "Story."
3. Who wrote what L'Amour considered to be the best history of Japan?
4. What country western singer visited Mesa Verde with L'Amour and his family?
5. In what desert did L'Amour believe that the remains of an ancient civilization might be discovered?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was infection rare in the earliest days in the mountains?
2. What were some social activities that were popular in the West?
3. After World War II when L'Amour was living in Los Angeles, where would L'Amour often go?
4. Who was Billy Dixon?
5. When L'Amour began his writing career, how did he write?
6. Why didn't L'Amour ever work on a story with anyone?
7. When L'Amour settled down to write, what three categories was the magazine field divided into?
8. Describe the brother and sister L'Amour met in Shanghai.
9. What was L'Amour's experience at Weepah?
10. What did L'Amour remember about reading one cold night in Paris?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At the beginning of Chapter 7 is a quote about daring to do hard things. Discuss how L'Amour was a person who didn't hesitate to do hard things.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 17, L'Amour wanted to learn more about Asia and Africa. Discuss why, what, and how L'Amour wanted to learn about Asia and Africa.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapters 1-2, L'Amour discusses his childhood. Discuss L'Amour's childhood experiences and how they influenced his life.
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)