|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the small journal published that published some of L'Amour's poetry in Chapter 15?
2. What book did L'Amour review that began his study of Africa?
3. How old was Dixon when he came west?
4. How many days did it take when L'Amour and his fellow officers traveled on the U.S.S. Boise to get from Europe to the U.S. .
5. On one (and possibly) three sides of L'Amour's family, how many generations have been in America?
Short Essay Questions
1. After World War II when L'Amour was living in Los Angeles, where would L'Amour often go?
2. How did L'Amour learn about the "Sejarah Melayu"?
3. What were some social activities that were popular in the West?
4. How did L'Amour believe that young people who loitered in the streets or gathered in gangs could find their way in the world?
5. Why was infection rare in the earliest days in the mountains?
6. What was Nalanda University?
7. When L'Amour settled down to write, what three categories was the magazine field divided into?
8. Who was John Mackay? .
9. Who was Bodhidharma?
10. How did L'Amour meet a man named Gillespie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 21, after L'Amour listened to a speech where the man stumbled and foundered and everyone suffered with the speaker, L'Amour decided he need to learn how to speak in public. Discuss why and how L'Amour became a public speaker.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 28, L'Amour stated that his book was a record of his search for knowledge. Discuss why the book was a record of L'Amour's search for knowledge.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 4, L'Amour commented that all men look, but few can see. Discuss what L'Amour meant by that comment.
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)