|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 22, what country did L'Amour mention that was invaded many times, but never invaded anyone?
2. Who wrote "Ancient Geography of India"?
3. What country was Chris Madsen from?
4. How wide was the Hole-in-the-Wall in Wyoming?
5. When did Kumarajiva reach China?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did L'Amour meet a man named Gillespie?
2. What was L'Amour's experience at Weepah?
3. What was Nalanda University?
4. What did L'Amour remember about reading one cold night in Paris?
5. How did L'Amour learn about the "Sejarah Melayu"?
6. How was L'Amour first able to learn the stories from Iran's great Book of Kings?
7. Who was John Mackay? .
8. How did L'Amour believe that young people who loitered in the streets or gathered in gangs could find their way in the world?
9. After World War II when L'Amour was living in Los Angeles, where would L'Amour often go?
10. Why didn't L'Amour ever work on a story with anyone?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 11, L'Amour proposed that only someone who had learned much could appreciate his ignorance. Discuss why only someone who had learned much could appreciate his ignorance.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 14, L'Amour stated that books were valuable and must be preserved. Discuss the value that L'Amour place on books.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 4, L'Amour began riding the rails with other hobos. Compare and contrast some of the men L'Amour met when riding the rails.
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)