|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote a law book that was the key to much western law?
2. At the end of Chapter 22, what country did L'Amour mention that was invaded many times, but never invaded anyone?
3. What country was Chris Madsen from?
4. On the U.S.S. Boise returning from France, where was the boy from who fascinated L'Amour with tales of his experiences in Burma and India?
5. How many days did it take when L'Amour and his fellow officers traveled on the U.S.S. Boise to get from Europe to the U.S. .
Short Essay Questions
1. What were some social activities that were popular in the West?
2. Who was Billy Dixon?
3. Who was John Mackay? .
4. Once L'Amour could no longer find the books he wanted in library, where did he have to find books?
5. What was Nalanda University?
6. Why did L'Amour say that the western pioneers were select people?
7. How did L'Amour meet a man named Gillespie?
8. Who was Bodhidharma?
9. After World War II when L'Amour was living in Los Angeles, where would L'Amour often go?
10. Who was Singapore Charlie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 6, L'Amour took a job where he was totally alone. Discuss the job and how it affected those who worked there.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 17, L'Amour wanted to learn more about Asia and Africa. Discuss why, what, and how L'Amour wanted to learn about Asia and Africa.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapters 1-2, L'Amour discusses his childhood. Discuss L'Amour's childhood experiences and how they influenced his life.
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)