|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what desert did L'Amour believe that the remains of an ancient civilization might be discovered?
2. What Chinese dynasty did L'Amour believe was one of the most glorious? .
3. When was it said that paper was invented?
4. What country was Chris Madsen from?
5. How old did Chris Madsen live to be?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was L'Amour impressed by the memories of Arabs during the Middle Ages?
2. Why did a woman want a dentist to set a diamond in one of her front teeth?
3. Once L'Amour could no longer find the books he wanted in library, where did he have to find books?
4. Describe the brother and sister L'Amour met in Shanghai.
5. What was L'Amour's experience at Weepah?
6. How did L'Amour believe that a people group could be understood?
7. What were some social activities that were popular in the West?
8. What was Nalanda University?
9. When L'Amour began his writing career, how did he write?
10. Why did L'Amour regret not stealing some books?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 11-12, L'Amour discussed how writers obtained ideas for their writing. Discuss some ways writers obtained ideas for writing.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 9, L'Amour described the lives of men who were waiting for jobs at sea. Discuss how men who were unemployed sailors spent their time.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 4, L'Amour commented that all men look, but few can see. Discuss what L'Amour meant by that comment.
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)