|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what fort did Custer's men leave before the Battle at Little Bighorn?
2. How much had the man L'Amour worked for in Chapter 7 spent on his mine so far?
3. What did L'Amour believe was the best book to come out of World War I?
4. How long did L'Amour spend in Los Angeles?
5. How old was L'Amour when he obtained his first job?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did L'Amour have to walk from Death Valley?
2. How did L'Amour save himself a lot of hardship?
3. How did Shorty Harris lose a rich claim?
4. What did L'Amour believe that universities provided?
5. How did L'Amour keep from being disappointed by the constant flow of rejection slips he received?
6. Describe the steelworker who started following the rails with L'Amour.
7. What would L'Amour do after being paid for skinning cattle?
8. How did L'Amour describe his life?
9. Describe the Indian who lived neared the mine L'Amour worked at?
10. What did L'Amour have to say about plots in stories?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 1, L'Amour explained his views of what an education was and was not. Discuss L'Amour's definition and views of an education.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 4, L'Amour commented that all men look, but few can see. Discuss what L'Amour meant by that comment.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 11, L'Amour proposed that only someone who had learned much could appreciate his ignorance. Discuss why only someone who had learned much could appreciate his ignorance.
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)