|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many leghorn chickens were at the mine where L'Amour worked in Chapter 6?
2. Where was L'Amour working in Klamath Falls, Oregon?
3. Where did most of the stories in "Arabian Nights" originate?
4. What was one of the first books L'Amour remembered reading?
5. Where did Professor Percival Lowell study Mars?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 21, how did L'Amour get a typewriter?
2. Describe the brother and sister L'Amour met in Shanghai.
3. Why didn't L'Amour look for a job right away when he got to Los Angeles?
4. Who was the man in Chapter 4 who gave L'Amour a ride to Tucson?
5. Who was Bodhidharma?
6. How did L'Amour believe that a people group could be understood?
7. What did L'Amour remember about reading one cold night in Paris?
8. What were bookstores like in Chapter 10?
9. Before L'Amour ended up in Singapore, what were some jobs he had held?
10. Why did L'Amour say that it was an act of kindness when the Roman soldiers gave Jesus a drink of vinegar on the cross?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 28, L'Amour stated that his book was a record of his search for knowledge. Discuss why the book was a record of L'Amour's search for knowledge.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 25, L'Amour discussed his ranch. Discuss L'Amour's ranch and its value to him.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 14, L'Amour stated that books were valuable and must be preserved. Discuss the value that L'Amour place on books.
This section contains 1,108 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)