|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Indian territory surrounded Stein's Pass?
2. How many white men died in the stagecoach attack that Peterson described?
3. Where did Russian Joe Smith get picked up?
4. How long after Peterson was taken by the Apaches did he partake in a war party?
5. In what battle was General George Crook fought to a standstill?
Short Essay Questions
1. What would L'Amour do after being paid for skinning cattle?
2. How did L'Amour learn about the "Sejarah Melayu"?
3. What were bookstores like in Chapter 10?
4. What type of work did L'Amour do in a veneer plant?
5. Who was the man in Chapter 4 who gave L'Amour a ride to Tucson?
6. What were the "Little Blue Books"?
7. Why did L'Amour work so many jobs?
8. What did L'Amour remember about reading one cold night in Paris?
9. Why did L'Amour regret not stealing some books?
10. Who was Singapore Charlie?
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 28, L'Amour stated that his book was a record of his search for knowledge. Discuss why the book was a record of L'Amour's search for knowledge.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 4, L'Amour began riding the rails with other hobos. Compare and contrast some of the men L'Amour met when riding the rails.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 8 L'Amour discussed how writers learn their trade. Discuss L'Amour's view of writing and his efforts to write.
This section contains 1,059 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)