|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did L'Amour spend in Los Angeles?
2. Where did L'Amour have a suitcase stolen?
3. Where did L'Amour go to high school?
4. How fast would a camel travel?
5. How much had the man L'Amour worked for in Chapter 7 spent on his mine so far?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did L'Amour describe his life?
2. Who had all the advantages when it comes to adventure?
3. Who was the man in Chapter 4 who gave L'Amour a ride to Tucson?
4. What were bookstores like in Chapter 10?
5. Who was Pete Petrolle?
6. What two reasons influenced L'Amour to drop out of school?
7. Describe the mine where L'Amour was to be a caretaker.
8. Why did L'Amour have to walk from Death Valley?
9. What types of hunger had L'Amour known in his life?
10. What would L'Amour do after being paid for skinning cattle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 22, L'Amour mentioned that he preferred to use primary sources. Discuss the difference between primary and secondary sources and why L'Amour preferred primary sources.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapters 1-2, L'Amour discusses his childhood. Discuss L'Amour's childhood experiences and how they influenced his life.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 5, L'Amour heard many a tale while wandering from job to job. Discuss the tales L'Amour heard and lessons he learned.
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)