|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was L'Amour working in Klamath Falls, Oregon?
2. What did L'Amour eat out of a can after he damaged the Model T?
3. How many acres did the home have that L'Amour brought his parents to after they left Oregon?
4. Where did L'Amour work in a veneer plant?
5. What canyon did L'Amour want to see in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the mine where L'Amour was to be a caretaker.
2. What type of work did L'Amour do in a veneer plant?
3. What types of hunger had L'Amour known in his life?
4. What did L'Amour believe that universities provided?
5. What were bookstores like in Chapter 10?
6. What was L'Amour's view of education?
7. Why didn't L'Amour believe that the sites of the battles during the American-Indian wars was a matter of chance?
8. Why did L'Amour work so many jobs?
9. Why didn't the man L'Amour worked for in Chapter 7 work his own mines?
10. Describe the steelworker who started following the rails with L'Amour.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 17, L'Amour wanted to learn more about Asia and Africa. Discuss why, what, and how L'Amour wanted to learn about Asia and Africa.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss L'Amour mean when he said that t a writer's brain was like a magician's hat.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 11, L'Amour proposed that only someone who had learned much could appreciate his ignorance. Discuss why only someone who had learned much could appreciate his ignorance.
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)