Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book by Jack London prepared L'Amour for rejection?
2. What author did L'Amour think he might emulate at the end of Chapter 6?
3. How many days was L'Amour supposed to work a claim in Chapter 7?
4. How much gold was L'Amour able to pan when he was at the mine?
5. How many books did a woman have that Russian Joe Smith lived with in China?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was infection rare in the earliest days in the mountains?
2. How was L'Amour first able to learn the stories from Iran's great Book of Kings?
3. Why did a woman want a dentist to set a diamond in one of her front teeth?
4. What was Nalanda University?
5. How did L'Amour meet a man named Gillespie?
6. Why did L'Amour say that it was an act of kindness when the Roman soldiers gave Jesus a drink of vinegar on the cross?
7. How did L'Amour keep from being disappointed by the constant flow of rejection slips he received?
8. Once L'Amour could no longer find the books he wanted in library, where did he have to find books?
9. Why didn't L'Amour recommend his way of learning to others?
10. Who was Billy Dixon?
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 28, L'Amour stated that his book was a record of his search for knowledge. Discuss why the book was a record of L'Amour's search for knowledge.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 5, L'Amour heard many a tale while wandering from job to job. Discuss the tales L'Amour heard and lessons he learned.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 17, L'Amour wanted to learn more about Asia and Africa. Discuss why, what, and how L'Amour wanted to learn about Asia and Africa.
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)