Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book by Jack London prepared L'Amour for rejection?
2. What author did L'Amour think he might emulate at the end of Chapter 6?
3. How many days was L'Amour supposed to work a claim in Chapter 7?
4. How much gold was L'Amour able to pan when he was at the mine?
5. How many books did a woman have that Russian Joe Smith lived with in China?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was infection rare in the earliest days in the mountains?
2. How was L'Amour first able to learn the stories from Iran's great Book of Kings?
3. Why did a woman want a dentist to set a diamond in one of her front teeth?
4. What was Nalanda University?
5. How did L'Amour meet a man named Gillespie?
6. Why did L'Amour say that it was an act of kindness when the Roman soldiers gave Jesus a drink of vinegar on the cross?
7. How did L'Amour keep from being disappointed by the constant flow of rejection slips he received?
8. Once L'Amour could no longer find the books he wanted in library, where did he have to find books?
9. Why didn't L'Amour recommend his way of learning to others?
10. Who was Billy Dixon?
In Chapter 4, L'Amour commented that all men look, but few can see. Discuss what L'Amour meant by that comment.
In Chapter 21, after L'Amour listened to a speech where the man stumbled and foundered and everyone suffered with the speaker, L'Amour decided he need to learn how to speak in public. Discuss why and how L'Amour became a public speaker.
In Chapters 1-2, L'Amour discusses his childhood. Discuss L'Amour's childhood experiences and how they influenced his life.
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)