|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did L'Amour read "Don Juan"?
2. Where did the shipwreck take place that was written about in Shakespeare's "Tempest"?
3. How many acres did the home have that L'Amour brought his parents to after they left Oregon?
4. In Chapter 1, when was L'Amour in Singapore?
5. How long after Peterson was taken by the Apaches did he partake in a war party?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why didn't L'Amour look for a job right away when he got to Los Angeles?
2. Why did seaman prefer to ship from the west coast?
3. What did L'Amour have to say about plots in stories?
4. What would L'Amour do after being paid for skinning cattle?
5. Who was the man in Chapter 4 who gave L'Amour a ride to Tucson?
6. How did Shorty Harris lose a rich claim?
7. Why did L'Amour say that it was an act of kindness when the Roman soldiers gave Jesus a drink of vinegar on the cross?
8. How did L'Amour keep from being disappointed by the constant flow of rejection slips he received?
9. What were bookstores like in Chapter 10?
10. Describe the Indian who lived neared the mine L'Amour worked at?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 4, L'Amour commented that all men look, but few can see. Discuss what L'Amour meant by that comment.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 28, L'Amour stated that his book was a record of his search for knowledge. Discuss why the book was a record of L'Amour's search for knowledge.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 17, L'Amour wanted to learn more about Asia and Africa. Discuss why, what, and how L'Amour wanted to learn about Asia and Africa.
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)