|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many books did L'Amour have in his personal library?
2. Where did L'Amour have a suitcase stolen?
3. Where did L'Amour go to high school?
4. Where did L'Amour read "Don Juan"?
5. What did L'Amour hit in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did L'Amour do when he finally got to Barstow after working on a mine claim?
2. What is the plot of L'Amour's story "The Walking Drum"?
3. After World War II when L'Amour was living in Los Angeles, where would L'Amour often go?
4. Why was infection rare in the earliest days in the mountains?
5. Why didn't L'Amour ever work on a story with anyone?
6. Who was John Mackay? .
7. Why did a woman want a dentist to set a diamond in one of her front teeth?
8. What were the "Little Blue Books"?
9. How did L'Amour meet a man named Gillespie?
10. What types of hunger had L'Amour known in his life?
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 3, L'Amour drifted down to the sea for a job. Discuss L'Amour's experiences as a seaman.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 11, L'Amour proposed that only someone who had learned much could appreciate his ignorance. Discuss why only someone who had learned much could appreciate his ignorance.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 28, L'Amour stated that his book was a record of his search for knowledge. Discuss why the book was a record of L'Amour's search for knowledge.
This section contains 1,074 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)