|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was L'Amour when he obtained his first job?
2. What did the old man have in the mine he wanted L'Amour to work in in Chapter 7?
3. When did Sun-tzu write about the basic principles of military strategy?
4. About how fast was L'Amour able to walk after he damaged the Model T?
5. What did L'Amour drink after his walk from Death Valley?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did L'Amour believe that universities provided?
2. What did L'Amour have to say about plots in stories?
3. How did Shorty Harris lose a rich claim?
4. Describe the mine where L'Amour was to be a caretaker.
5. Why didn't the man L'Amour worked for in Chapter 7 work his own mines?
6. How did L'Amour keep from being disappointed by the constant flow of rejection slips he received?
7. What were the "Little Blue Books"?
8. Before L'Amour ended up in Singapore, what were some jobs he had held?
9. How did L'Amour describe his life?
10. Why did L'Amour say that it was an act of kindness when the Roman soldiers gave Jesus a drink of vinegar on the cross?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 25, L'Amour discussed his ranch. Discuss L'Amour's ranch and its value to him.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss L'Amour mean when he said that t a writer's brain was like a magician's hat.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 21, after L'Amour listened to a speech where the man stumbled and foundered and everyone suffered with the speaker, L'Amour decided he need to learn how to speak in public. Discuss why and how L'Amour became a public speaker.
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)