|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what fort did Custer's men leave before the Battle at Little Bighorn?
2. In Chapter 11, how much did Modern Library editions cost?
3. After L'Amour ate his only can of food, how far was it to the town where he was headed?
4. What did L'Amour read in Klamath Falls, Oregon?
5. How much did "Little Blue Books" cost?
Short Essay Questions
1. After World War II when L'Amour was living in Los Angeles, where would L'Amour often go?
2. What was L'Amour's experience at Weepah?
3. How did L'Amour believe that a people group could be understood?
4. Who was Billy Dixon?
5. Why didn't L'Amour look for a job right away when he got to Los Angeles?
6. What type of work did L'Amour do in a veneer plant?
7. What were the "Little Blue Books"?
8. Who was the man in Chapter 4 who gave L'Amour a ride to Tucson?
9. Why did L'Amour regret not stealing some books?
10. Why was L'Amour impressed by the memories of Arabs during the Middle Ages?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 11, L'Amour proposed that only someone who had learned much could appreciate his ignorance. Discuss why only someone who had learned much could appreciate his ignorance.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 1, L'Amour explained his views of what an education was and was not. Discuss L'Amour's definition and views of an education.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 11-12, L'Amour discussed how writers obtained ideas for their writing. Discuss some ways writers obtained ideas for writing.
This section contains 1,078 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)