|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did L'Amour believe was the best book to come out of World War I?
2. What did L'Amour read in Klamath Falls, Oregon?
3. Where did L'Amour eat breakfast with an old man who gave him a ride in Chapter 4?
4. During the year that L'Amour kept track of the books he read, how many did he read while waiting for people?
5. How old was an old man named Peterson who told L'Amour a story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the "Little Blue Books"?
2. Who was Pete Petrolle?
3. What did L'Amour have to say about plots in stories?
4. Why did L'Amour work so many jobs?
5. Who had all the advantages when it comes to adventure?
6. Why didn't the man L'Amour worked for in Chapter 7 work his own mines?
7. Why didn't L'Amour look for a job right away when he got to Los Angeles?
8. What was L'Amour's view of education?
9. Who were some army officers who wrote about the Indian and his culture?
10. Describe the Indian who lived neared the mine L'Amour worked at?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapters 1-2, L'Amour discusses his childhood. Discuss L'Amour's childhood experiences and how they influenced his life.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 11-12, L'Amour discussed how writers obtained ideas for their writing. Discuss some ways writers obtained ideas for writing.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss L'Amour mean when he said that t a writer's brain was like a magician's hat.
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)