|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much gold was L'Amour able to pan when he was at the mine?
2. How many leghorn chickens were at the mine where L'Amour worked in Chapter 6?
3. What was L'Amour's father's occupation?
4. How many books did L'Amour have in his personal library?
5. How many days was L'Amour supposed to work a claim in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was old man Peterson's story?
2. Who was Pete Petrolle?
3. What two reasons influenced L'Amour to drop out of school?
4. Why did L'Amour work so many jobs?
5. Who had all the advantages when it comes to adventure?
6. What did L'Amour have to say about plots in stories?
7. How did L'Amour save himself a lot of hardship?
8. What did L'Amour do when he finally got to Barstow after working on a mine claim?
9. What type of work did L'Amour do in a veneer plant?
10. Why did L'Amour say that it was an act of kindness when the Roman soldiers gave Jesus a drink of vinegar on the cross?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At the beginning of Chapter 7 is a quote about daring to do hard things. Discuss how L'Amour was a person who didn't hesitate to do hard things.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 14, L'Amour stated that books were valuable and must be preserved. Discuss the value that L'Amour place on books.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 6, L'Amour took a job where he was totally alone. Discuss the job and how it affected those who worked there.
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)