|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was L'Amour's first motion picture?
(a) East of Sumatra.
(b) Rear Window.
(d) Rebel Without a Cause.
2. Who operated the Brown Derby in Hollywood?
3. In what year was L'Amour on a small ship off the Florida coast when a hurricane ripped Miami?
4. In ancient times, how many ships a day might sail from the Red Sea coast of Egypt to India?
5. What was the name of the author who went to high school in L'Amour's hometown?
(a) Maxwell Anderson.
(b) W. H. Auden.
(c) Louis MacNeice.
(d) E. E. Kellett.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did L'Amour settle down to try to become a writer?
2. Where did L'Amour read "Taras Bulba"?
3. What book by Byron might have been found on L'Amour's bookshelves?
4. When were the Wolfville stories written?
5. Where did L'Amour read "Burning Daylight"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the plot of L'Amour's story "The Walking Drum"?
2. How did L'Amour believe that young people who loitered in the streets or gathered in gangs could find their way in the world?
3. Why didn't L'Amour ever work on a story with anyone?
4. What was the New Madrid earthquake?
5. How did L'Amour believe that a people group could be understood?
6. Who was Singapore Charlie?
7. What did L'Amour remember about reading one cold night in Paris?
8. Who was Bodhidharma?
9. How did L'Amour meet a man named Gillespie?
10. Why did L'Amour regret not stealing some books?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)