|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was L'Amour's first motion picture?
(a) Rear Window.
(c) East of Sumatra.
(d) Rebel Without a Cause.
2. What languages did the man speak in addition to his native tongue who told L'Amour about the "Sejarah Melayu"?
(a) German and Russian.
(b) English and Portuguese.
(c) Spanish, English, and Russian.
(d) English, French, and German.
3. What writer did L'Amour say led off fiction about the American frontier?
(a) James Fenimore Cooper.
(b) Captain Charles King.
(c) Mayne Reid.
(d) James W. Steele.
4. When did the Rev. Andrew Burnaby write "Through the Middle Settlements of North America"?
5. Where was the small journal published that published some of L'Amour's poetry in Chapter 15?
(b) Emory University.
(d) Simpson College.
Short Answer Questions
1. How wide was the Hole-in-the-Wall in Wyoming?
2. How many years did it take for Flaubert to complete "Madame Bovary"?
3. In what region did many of the black empires exist?
4. Who was one of the regular writers in "The Saturday Evening Post"?
5. What book did L'Amour review that began his study of Africa?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)