|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the small journal published that published some of L'Amour's poetry in Chapter 15?
(a) Emory University.
(c) Simpson College.
2. Where did L'Amour read "Taras Bulba"?
3. How many days did it take when L'Amour and his fellow officers traveled on the U.S.S. Boise to get from Europe to the U.S. .
(a) 16 days
(b) 10 days.
(c) 8 days.
(d) 5 days.
4. How old did Chris Madsen live to be?
(c) Over 90.
(d) About 80.
5. Who wrote the book that L'Amour had in his back pocket when he met Gillespie?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was it said that paper was invented?
2. Who wrote a law book that was the key to much western law?
3. When was Seri Turi Buana installed as king?
4. What book by Byron might have been found on L'Amour's bookshelves?
5. At the end of Chapter 22, what country did L'Amour mention that was invaded many times, but never invaded anyone?
Short Essay Questions
1. After World War II when L'Amour was living in Los Angeles, where would L'Amour often go?
2. Why did L'Amour believe he should have known better when he thought the U.S.S. Boise would get him home in 4-4 ½ days?
3. In Chapter 21, how did L'Amour get a typewriter?
4. What is the plot of L'Amour's story "The Walking Drum"?
5. Once L'Amour could no longer find the books he wanted in library, where did he have to find books?
6. What did L'Amour remember about reading one cold night in Paris?
7. How did L'Amour believe that a people group could be understood?
8. Why did L'Amour regret not stealing some books?
9. When L'Amour began his writing career, how did he write?
10. Why did a woman want a dentist to set a diamond in one of her front teeth?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)