|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Was the the name of L'Amour's first novel?
(a) Borden Chantry.
(b) Westward the Tide.
(c) Kid Rodelo.
2. What was the name of the small railroad that L'Amour would take to the wilderness area of Sycamore Canyon in Arizona?
(d) Pacific Northern.
3. Who wrote what L'Amour considered to be the best history of Japan?
(a) George Sansom.
(b) David Hampton.
(c) Charles Terry.
(d) Robert Wyatt.
4. In what year was L'Amour on a small ship off the Florida coast when a hurricane ripped Miami?
5. While L'Amour was studying the Far East, how many books did he read in a year on the American West?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose translation of the Shah-nama did L'Amour prefer?
2. When was it said that paper was invented?
3. What was the latest date on a collect of eight or ten books of ancient maps that L'Amour viewed at a chateau on the outskirts of Paris?
4. Where did L'Amour read "Burning Daylight"?
5. What was the name of the author who went to high school in L'Amour's hometown?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Singapore Charlie?
2. What was L'Amour's experience at Weepah?
3. Who was Bodhidharma?
4. What is the plot of L'Amour's story "The Walking Drum"?
5. How did L'Amour learn about the "Sejarah Melayu"?
6. How did L'Amour believe that a people group could be understood?
7. After World War II when L'Amour was living in Los Angeles, where would L'Amour often go?
8. How was L'Amour first able to learn the stories from Iran's great Book of Kings?
9. Who was John Mackay? .
10. In Chapter 21, how did L'Amour get a typewriter?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)