|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was one of the regular writers in "The Saturday Evening Post"?
(a) William Saroyan.
(b) H. L. Mencken.
(c) Whit Burnett.
(d) Clarence Budgington Kelland.
2. Where did L'Amour read "Burning Daylight"?
(a) While working at a factory.
(b) On a bus traveling through Texas.
(c) While working at an old mine.
(d) On a boat in Asia.
3. How far did L'Amour have to walk to mail his manuscripts in Chapter 15?
(a) 1 mile.
(b) 3 miles.
(c) 10 blocks
(d) 4 blocks.
4. Where did L'Amour believe that a half-caste brother and sister he met in Shanghai died?
5. What desert did a part of five monks travel through in A.D. 399?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many bronze stars was L'Amour awarded?
2. How much did Singapore Charlie weigh?
3. What book did David Buxton write that L'Amour read?
4. Who was the Navajo artist whose painting appeared on L'Amour's book, "The Haunted Mesa"?
5. How wide was the Hole-in-the-Wall in Wyoming?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the New Madrid earthquake?
2. How did L'Amour learn about the "Sejarah Melayu"?
3. Once L'Amour could no longer find the books he wanted in library, where did he have to find books?
4. Why did L'Amour believe he should have known better when he thought the U.S.S. Boise would get him home in 4-4 ½ days?
5. How was L'Amour first able to learn the stories from Iran's great Book of Kings?
6. Why did a woman want a dentist to set a diamond in one of her front teeth?
7. Who was Singapore Charlie?
8. Who was Billy Dixon?
9. What was Nalanda University?
10. How did L'Amour believe that young people who loitered in the streets or gathered in gangs could find their way in the world?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)