|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the U.S.S. Boise returning from France, where was the boy from who fascinated L'Amour with tales of his experiences in Burma and India?
2. What was the name of the small railroad that L'Amour would take to the wilderness area of Sycamore Canyon in Arizona?
(b) Pacific Northern.
3. Where did L'Amour read "Burning Daylight"?
(a) While working at a factory.
(b) On a boat in Asia.
(c) On a bus traveling through Texas.
(d) While working at an old mine.
4. In what region did many of the black empires exist?
5. How many texts did Kumarajiva translate from Sanskrit into Chinese?
(a) More than 100.
(c) About 200.
Short Answer Questions
1. On one (and possibly) three sides of L'Amour's family, how many generations have been in America?
2. How much did Singapore Charlie weigh?
3. What Chinese dynasty did L'Amour believe was one of the most glorious? .
4. What people group established themselves at Carthage and became a dominant power until destroyed by Rome.
5. What book did L'Amour review that began his study of Africa?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 21, how did L'Amour get a typewriter?
2. Once L'Amour could no longer find the books he wanted in library, where did he have to find books?
3. How did L'Amour believe that young people who loitered in the streets or gathered in gangs could find their way in the world?
4. Why didn't L'Amour ever work on a story with anyone?
5. What was L'Amour's experience at Weepah?
6. Who was John Mackay? .
7. Describe the brother and sister L'Amour met in Shanghai.
8. What were some social activities that were popular in the West?
9. Why did L'Amour say that the western pioneers were select people?
10. What was the New Madrid earthquake?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)