|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did L'Amour settle down to try to become a writer?
2. Who was one of the female actresses in L'Amour's first motion picture?
(a) Jane Russell.
(b) Hedy Lamarr.
(c) Marilyn Maxwell.
(d) Kim Novak.
3. Who wrote the quotation at the beginning of Chapter 25?
4. What country western singer visited Mesa Verde with L'Amour and his family?
(a) Alan Jackson.
(b) Boxcar Willie.
(c) Billy Ray Cyrus.
(d) Charlie Daniels.
5. Where was the small journal published that published some of L'Amour's poetry in Chapter 15?
(a) Emory University.
(b) Simpson College.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days did it take when L'Amour and his fellow officers traveled on the U.S.S. Boise to get from Europe to the U.S. .
2. On the U.S.S. Boise returning from France, where was the boy from who fascinated L'Amour with tales of his experiences in Burma and India?
3. In ancient times, how many ships a day might sail from the Red Sea coast of Egypt to India?
4. When was Seri Turi Buana installed as king?
5. Who wrote "The Army of the Future"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did L'Amour believe he should have known better when he thought the U.S.S. Boise would get him home in 4-4 ½ days?
2. Why was infection rare in the earliest days in the mountains?
3. Why was L'Amour impressed by the memories of Arabs during the Middle Ages?
4. Why did L'Amour say that the western pioneers were select people?
5. What was L'Amour's experience at Weepah?
6. What were some social activities that were popular in the West?
7. How was L'Amour first able to learn the stories from Iran's great Book of Kings?
8. What did L'Amour remember about reading one cold night in Paris?
9. Once L'Amour could no longer find the books he wanted in library, where did he have to find books?
10. When L'Amour settled down to write, what three categories was the magazine field divided into?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)