|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was it said that paper was invented?
2. How much did Singapore Charlie weigh?
(a) 280 pounds.
(b) 300 pounds.
(c) 250 pounds.
(d) 95 pounds.
3. What city was Oak Creek Canyon near?
4. What writer and naturalist was on the spot when the New Madrid earthquake happened?
5. What country western singer visited Mesa Verde with L'Amour and his family?
(a) Billy Ray Cyrus.
(b) Alan Jackson.
(c) Boxcar Willie.
(d) Charlie Daniels.
Short Answer Questions
1. What people group established themselves at Carthage and became a dominant power until destroyed by Rome.
2. When did Kumarajiva reach China?
3. When were the Wolfville stories written?
4. When did the Rev. Andrew Burnaby write "Through the Middle Settlements of North America"?
5. On the U.S.S. Boise returning from France, where was the boy from who fascinated L'Amour with tales of his experiences in Burma and India?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did L'Amour believe he should have known better when he thought the U.S.S. Boise would get him home in 4-4 ½ days?
2. Who was John Mackay? .
3. Who was Billy Dixon?
4. When L'Amour began his writing career, how did he write?
5. After World War II when L'Amour was living in Los Angeles, where would L'Amour often go?
6. How did L'Amour meet a man named Gillespie?
7. What were some social activities that were popular in the West?
8. What is the plot of L'Amour's story "The Walking Drum"?
9. What was L'Amour's experience at Weepah?
10. How did L'Amour believe that young people who loitered in the streets or gathered in gangs could find their way in the world?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)