|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did L'Amour believe that a half-caste brother and sister he met in Shanghai died?
2. Who was one of the millionaires of the Comstock Lode that L'Amour said walked into Virginia City broken and left with $200 million?
(a) Peter O'Riley.
(b) John Mackay.
(c) Emanuel Penrod.
(d) Pat McLaughlin.
3. Where was the small journal published that published some of L'Amour's poetry in Chapter 15?
(a) Emory University.
(b) Simpson College.
4. Who wrote "The Mississippi Valley Frontier"?
5. What is the first positive date for China's knowledge of Bali?
Short Answer Questions
1. What people group established themselves at Carthage and became a dominant power until destroyed by Rome.
2. What desert did a part of five monks travel through in A.D. 399?
3. When did L'Amour believe that the C.C. Brown translation of the "Sejarah Melayu" was written?
4. What languages did the man speak in addition to his native tongue who told L'Amour about the "Sejarah Melayu"?
5. Who wrote "Ancient Geography of India"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did L'Amour remember about reading one cold night in Paris?
2. Why did L'Amour believe he should have known better when he thought the U.S.S. Boise would get him home in 4-4 ½ days?
3. What was L'Amour's experience at Weepah?
4. In Chapter 21, how did L'Amour get a typewriter?
5. Why was L'Amour impressed by the memories of Arabs during the Middle Ages?
6. Once L'Amour could no longer find the books he wanted in library, where did he have to find books?
7. Why was infection rare in the earliest days in the mountains?
8. What were some social activities that were popular in the West?
9. Why didn't L'Amour ever work on a story with anyone?
10. Describe the brother and sister L'Amour met in Shanghai.
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)