|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did L'Amour sell his first short story for cash?
2. Who wrote the book that L'Amour had in his back pocket when he met Gillespie?
3. How long was the sailing season from Egypt to India?
(a) 120 days.
(b) 200 days.
(c) 180 days.
(d) 90 days.
4. When did the Rev. Andrew Burnaby write "Through the Middle Settlements of North America"?
5. Who wrote a law book that was the key to much western law?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote "The Army of the Future"?
2. How many years did it take for Flaubert to complete "Madame Bovary"?
3. When did L'Amour believe that the C.C. Brown translation of the "Sejarah Melayu" was written?
4. What country western singer visited Mesa Verde with L'Amour and his family?
5. What city was Oak Creek Canyon near?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 21, how did L'Amour get a typewriter?
2. Why was L'Amour impressed by the memories of Arabs during the Middle Ages?
3. How did L'Amour meet a man named Gillespie?
4. How was L'Amour first able to learn the stories from Iran's great Book of Kings?
5. Why did a woman want a dentist to set a diamond in one of her front teeth?
6. When L'Amour settled down to write, what three categories was the magazine field divided into?
7. Who was John Mackay? .
8. Why did L'Amour say that the western pioneers were select people?
9. Why didn't L'Amour ever work on a story with anyone?
10. When L'Amour began his writing career, how did he write?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)