|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men did Alexander have in his army?
2. When did Kumarajiva reach China?
(a) 572 A.D.
(b) 634 A.D.
(c) 401 A.D.
(d) 394 A.D.
3. What was the name of the only other ship that made the crossing during the storm L'Amour encountered on the Boise?
4. What was the name of the small railroad that L'Amour would take to the wilderness area of Sycamore Canyon in Arizona?
(d) Pacific Northern.
5. When did the Rev. Andrew Burnaby write "Through the Middle Settlements of North America"?
Short Answer Questions
1. How far did L'Amour have to walk to mail his manuscripts in Chapter 15?
2. What book did L'Amour review that began his study of Africa?
3. How old was Fa-hien when he died?
4. When did I-Tsing make a pilgrimage to India and the islands to study Buddhism?
5. How large is the desert of Taklamakan?
Short Essay Questions
1. Once L'Amour could no longer find the books he wanted in library, where did he have to find books?
2. Who was John Mackay? .
3. What was L'Amour's experience at Weepah?
4. How did L'Amour believe that a people group could be understood?
5. What were some social activities that were popular in the West?
6. Why did a woman want a dentist to set a diamond in one of her front teeth?
7. Why was L'Amour impressed by the memories of Arabs during the Middle Ages?
8. How did L'Amour learn about the "Sejarah Melayu"?
9. After World War II when L'Amour was living in Los Angeles, where would L'Amour often go?
10. Who was Bodhidharma?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)