|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long was the sailing season from Egypt to India?
(a) 120 days.
(b) 200 days.
(c) 90 days.
(d) 180 days.
2. Who made up the core of Alexander's army?
3. What writer and naturalist was on the spot when the New Madrid earthquake happened?
4. How wide was the Hole-in-the-Wall in Wyoming?
(a) ¼ of a mile.
(b) 1 miles.
(c) 18 inches.
(d) 5 inches.
5. Who wrote "The Mississippi Valley Frontier"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What book did David Buxton write that L'Amour read?
2. In what region did many of the black empires exist?
3. Who was one of the regular writers in "The Saturday Evening Post"?
4. At what distance did Billy Dixon shoot an Indian off his horse?
5. When did the Rev. Andrew Burnaby write "Through the Middle Settlements of North America"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did L'Amour remember about reading one cold night in Paris?
2. What was L'Amour's experience at Weepah?
3. Who was Bodhidharma?
4. What was the New Madrid earthquake?
5. In Chapter 21, how did L'Amour get a typewriter?
6. Once L'Amour could no longer find the books he wanted in library, where did he have to find books?
7. Why did L'Amour say that the western pioneers were select people?
8. When L'Amour settled down to write, what three categories was the magazine field divided into?
9. How did L'Amour believe that a people group could be understood?
10. How did L'Amour meet a man named Gillespie?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)