|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days did it take when L'Amour and his fellow officers traveled on the U.S.S. Boise to get from Europe to the U.S. .
(a) 8 days.
(b) 10 days.
(c) 16 days
(d) 5 days.
2. Who was one of the millionaires of the Comstock Lode that L'Amour said walked into Virginia City broken and left with $200 million?
(a) Peter O'Riley.
(b) Emanuel Penrod.
(c) John Mackay.
(d) Pat McLaughlin.
3. Where did L'Amour begin writing "Education of a Wandering Man"?
(c) Hong Kong.
4. In the Adobe Walls fight, how many buffalo hunters fought off Comanche and Kiowa warriors?
5. How old did Chris Madsen live to be?
(c) About 80.
(d) Over 90.
Short Answer Questions
1. What writer and naturalist was on the spot when the New Madrid earthquake happened?
2. How many years did it take for Flaubert to complete "Madame Bovary"?
3. What is the first positive date for China's knowledge of Bali?
4. How many men did Alexander have in his army?
5. When was Seri Turi Buana installed as king?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was L'Amour's experience at Weepah?
2. In Chapter 21, how did L'Amour get a typewriter?
3. What were some social activities that were popular in the West?
4. How did L'Amour learn about the "Sejarah Melayu"?
5. Why was L'Amour impressed by the memories of Arabs during the Middle Ages?
6. Who was Billy Dixon?
7. After World War II when L'Amour was living in Los Angeles, where would L'Amour often go?
8. Who was Bodhidharma?
9. Who was John Mackay? .
10. When L'Amour began his writing career, how did he write?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)