|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While L'Amour was studying the Far East, how many books did he read in a year on the American West?
2. How old was Dixon when he came west?
3. What Chinese dynasty did L'Amour believe was one of the most glorious? .
4. Where did L'Amour read "Taras Bulba"?
5. When were the Wolfville stories written?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did I-Tsing make a pilgrimage to India and the islands to study Buddhism?
2. How old did Chris Madsen live to be?
3. Who wrote what L'Amour considered to be the best history of Japan?
4. Who wrote "The Army of the Future"?
5. In what year was L'Amour on a small ship off the Florida coast when a hurricane ripped Miami?
Short Essay Questions
1. When L'Amour settled down to write, what three categories was the magazine field divided into?
2. Who was John Mackay? .
3. Why did a woman want a dentist to set a diamond in one of her front teeth?
4. Who was Billy Dixon?
5. What was the New Madrid earthquake?
6. How did L'Amour believe that young people who loitered in the streets or gathered in gangs could find their way in the world?
7. Why did L'Amour believe he should have known better when he thought the U.S.S. Boise would get him home in 4-4 ½ days?
8. In Chapter 21, how did L'Amour get a typewriter?
9. What did L'Amour remember about reading one cold night in Paris?
10. How was L'Amour first able to learn the stories from Iran's great Book of Kings?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)