|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How large is the desert of Taklamakan?
(a) Size of Montana and Wyoming combined.
(b) Size of Oklahoma and Texas combined.
(c) Size of California.
(d) Size of Alaska.
2. Who wrote the quotation at the beginning of Chapter 25?
3. Who was one of the female actresses in L'Amour's first motion picture?
(a) Kim Novak.
(b) Hedy Lamarr.
(c) Marilyn Maxwell.
(d) Jane Russell.
4. Where did L'Amour begin writing "Education of a Wandering Man"?
(b) Hong Kong.
5. How many Nobel Prize winners did L'Amour believe wrote in "Story."
Short Answer Questions
1. How many short stories had L'Amour written when his first novel was published?
2. In what region did many of the black empires exist?
3. In California in the 1920s, how long was a boxing bout?
4. How many days did it take when L'Amour and his fellow officers traveled on the U.S.S. Boise to get from Europe to the U.S. .
5. Who wrote what L'Amour considered to be the best history of Japan?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did L'Amour learn about the "Sejarah Melayu"?
2. How did L'Amour believe that a people group could be understood?
3. Describe the brother and sister L'Amour met in Shanghai.
4. Who was Billy Dixon?
5. Why did L'Amour regret not stealing some books?
6. When L'Amour began his writing career, how did he write?
7. What was L'Amour's experience at Weepah?
8. What was Nalanda University?
9. Who was John Mackay? .
10. Who was Bodhidharma?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)