|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days did it usually take the U.S.S. Boise to travel from Europe to the U.S.?
(a) 4-4 ½ days.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 5-6 days.
(d) 10 days.
2. On what Indian reservation was Mancos Canyon located?
3. How many men did Alexander have in his army?
4. How far did L'Amour have to walk to mail his manuscripts in Chapter 15?
(a) 4 blocks.
(b) 3 miles.
(c) 1 mile.
(d) 10 blocks
5. Where did L'Amour attend Officers' Candidate School?
(a) Fort Worth.
(b) Fort Bliss.
(c) Camp Robinson.
(d) Camp Hood.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long was the sailing season from Egypt to India?
2. Who wrote "Ancient Geography of India"?
3. What book did David Buxton write that L'Amour read?
4. Who wrote "The Army of the Future"?
5. Where did L'Amour's first contact in Shanghai come from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the brother and sister L'Amour met in Shanghai.
2. How did L'Amour believe that a people group could be understood?
3. After World War II when L'Amour was living in Los Angeles, where would L'Amour often go?
4. How did L'Amour believe that young people who loitered in the streets or gathered in gangs could find their way in the world?
5. Why did L'Amour believe he should have known better when he thought the U.S.S. Boise would get him home in 4-4 ½ days?
6. What was Nalanda University?
7. Who was Bodhidharma?
8. What did L'Amour remember about reading one cold night in Paris?
9. Why didn't L'Amour ever work on a story with anyone?
10. What was the New Madrid earthquake?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)