|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did L'Amour believe that a half-caste brother and sister he met in Shanghai died?
2. Who wrote what L'Amour considered to be the best history of Japan?
(a) Robert Wyatt.
(b) George Sansom.
(c) David Hampton.
(d) Charles Terry.
3. On one (and possibly) three sides of L'Amour's family, how many generations have been in America?
4. What country was Chris Madsen from?
5. Who wrote the book that L'Amour had in his back pocket when he met Gillespie?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was one of the female actresses in L'Amour's first motion picture?
2. How many bronze stars was L'Amour awarded?
3. How many years did it take for Flaubert to complete "Madame Bovary"?
4. Who was one of the millionaires of the Comstock Lode that L'Amour said walked into Virginia City broken and left with $200 million?
5. When did L'Amour believe that the C.C. Brown translation of the "Sejarah Melayu" was written?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did L'Amour regret not stealing some books?
2. Why didn't L'Amour ever work on a story with anyone?
3. Who was Billy Dixon?
4. Why did L'Amour believe he should have known better when he thought the U.S.S. Boise would get him home in 4-4 ½ days?
5. What was L'Amour's experience at Weepah?
6. Describe the brother and sister L'Amour met in Shanghai.
7. How was L'Amour first able to learn the stories from Iran's great Book of Kings?
8. After World War II when L'Amour was living in Los Angeles, where would L'Amour often go?
9. What was the New Madrid earthquake?
10. Once L'Amour could no longer find the books he wanted in library, where did he have to find books?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)