|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the black king of Haiti?
(a) Leon Laleau.
(b) Henri Christophe. .
(c) Georges Anglade.
(d) Emile Nau.
2. What writer and naturalist was on the spot when the New Madrid earthquake happened?
3. What people group established themselves at Carthage and became a dominant power until destroyed by Rome.
4. How many men did Alexander have in his army?
5. What country was Chris Madsen from?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the book that L'Amour had in his back pocket when he met Gillespie?
2. How far did L'Amour have to walk to mail his manuscripts in Chapter 15?
3. In what year was L'Amour on a small ship off the Florida coast when a hurricane ripped Miami?
4. Where did L'Amour settle down to try to become a writer?
5. What country western singer visited Mesa Verde with L'Amour and his family?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Nalanda University?
2. Once L'Amour could no longer find the books he wanted in library, where did he have to find books?
3. Why was L'Amour impressed by the memories of Arabs during the Middle Ages?
4. Why was infection rare in the earliest days in the mountains?
5. Who was Singapore Charlie?
6. When L'Amour settled down to write, what three categories was the magazine field divided into?
7. Why didn't L'Amour ever work on a story with anyone?
8. What was the New Madrid earthquake?
9. Why did L'Amour believe he should have known better when he thought the U.S.S. Boise would get him home in 4-4 ½ days?
10. When L'Amour began his writing career, how did he write?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)