|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did L'Amour read "Burning Daylight"?
(a) While working at a factory.
(b) While working at an old mine.
(c) On a bus traveling through Texas.
(d) On a boat in Asia.
2. How large is the desert of Taklamakan?
(a) Size of Montana and Wyoming combined.
(b) Size of California.
(c) Size of Alaska.
(d) Size of Oklahoma and Texas combined.
3. In what desert did L'Amour believe that the remains of an ancient civilization might be discovered?
4. How old was Fa-hien when he died?
5. What book did David Buxton write that L'Amour read?
(a) South Africa.
(b) The Mountains of Rasseles.
(c) A Short History of South Africa.
(d) Travels in Ethiopia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was one of the millionaires of the Comstock Lode that L'Amour said walked into Virginia City broken and left with $200 million?
2. In ancient times, how many ships a day might sail from the Red Sea coast of Egypt to India?
3. How many days did it take when L'Amour and his fellow officers traveled on the U.S.S. Boise to get from Europe to the U.S. .
4. In what region did many of the black empires exist?
5. At the end of Chapter 22, what country did L'Amour mention that was invaded many times, but never invaded anyone?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)