|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long was the sailing season from Egypt to India?
(a) 200 days.
(b) 90 days.
(c) 180 days.
(d) 120 days.
2. What people group established themselves at Carthage and became a dominant power until destroyed by Rome.
3. How old was Dixon when he came west?
4. Who was one of the millionaires of the Comstock Lode that L'Amour said walked into Virginia City broken and left with $200 million?
(a) Peter O'Riley.
(b) Emanuel Penrod.
(c) John Mackay.
(d) Pat McLaughlin.
5. Who was one of the female actresses in L'Amour's first motion picture?
(a) Jane Russell.
(b) Kim Novak.
(c) Hedy Lamarr.
(d) Marilyn Maxwell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first positive date for China's knowledge of Bali?
2. Where did L'Amour begin writing "Education of a Wandering Man"?
3. What was L'Amour's first motion picture?
4. In ancient times, how many ships a day might sail from the Red Sea coast of Egypt to India?
5. At the end of Chapter 22, what country did L'Amour mention that was invaded many times, but never invaded anyone?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Nalanda University?
2. After World War II when L'Amour was living in Los Angeles, where would L'Amour often go?
3. What was L'Amour's experience at Weepah?
4. What was the New Madrid earthquake?
5. Why was infection rare in the earliest days in the mountains?
6. What is the plot of L'Amour's story "The Walking Drum"?
7. How did L'Amour believe that a people group could be understood?
8. In Chapter 21, how did L'Amour get a typewriter?
9. How did L'Amour meet a man named Gillespie?
10. Describe the brother and sister L'Amour met in Shanghai.
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)