|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote "Ancient Geography of India"?
2. What country western singer visited Mesa Verde with L'Amour and his family?
(a) Alan Jackson.
(b) Boxcar Willie.
(c) Charlie Daniels.
(d) Billy Ray Cyrus.
3. How old did Chris Madsen live to be?
(b) Over 90.
(c) About 80.
4. What country was Chris Madsen from?
5. How much did Singapore Charlie weigh?
(a) 95 pounds.
(b) 280 pounds.
(c) 300 pounds.
(d) 250 pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far did L'Amour have to walk to mail his manuscripts in Chapter 15?
2. Who was one of the female actresses in L'Amour's first motion picture?
3. What was the name of the only other ship that made the crossing during the storm L'Amour encountered on the Boise?
4. How large is the desert of Taklamakan?
5. Where did L'Amour begin writing "Education of a Wandering Man"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the plot of L'Amour's story "The Walking Drum"?
2. What were some social activities that were popular in the West?
3. Why did L'Amour believe he should have known better when he thought the U.S.S. Boise would get him home in 4-4 ½ days?
4. Why did L'Amour regret not stealing some books?
5. Who was Bodhidharma?
6. How was L'Amour first able to learn the stories from Iran's great Book of Kings?
7. Why didn't L'Amour ever work on a story with anyone?
8. Why was L'Amour impressed by the memories of Arabs during the Middle Ages?
9. Describe the brother and sister L'Amour met in Shanghai.
10. How did L'Amour believe that a people group could be understood?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)