|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 22, what country did L'Amour mention that was invaded many times, but never invaded anyone?
2. Who wrote the book that L'Amour had in his back pocket when he met Gillespie?
3. In ancient times, how many ships a day might sail from the Red Sea coast of Egypt to India?
4. When was Seri Turi Buana installed as king?
5. How old was Fa-hien when he died?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did L'Amour believe that a half-caste brother and sister he met in Shanghai died?
2. How old did Chris Madsen live to be?
3. At what distance did Billy Dixon shoot an Indian off his horse?
4. In what year was L'Amour on a small ship off the Florida coast when a hurricane ripped Miami?
5. Who was the Navajo artist whose painting appeared on L'Amour's book, "The Haunted Mesa"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did L'Amour believe that a people group could be understood?
2. What was the New Madrid earthquake?
3. Describe the brother and sister L'Amour met in Shanghai.
4. Once L'Amour could no longer find the books he wanted in library, where did he have to find books?
5. Who was Singapore Charlie?
6. When L'Amour settled down to write, what three categories was the magazine field divided into?
7. How did L'Amour believe that young people who loitered in the streets or gathered in gangs could find their way in the world?
8. How did L'Amour learn about the "Sejarah Melayu"?
9. What did L'Amour remember about reading one cold night in Paris?
10. After World War II when L'Amour was living in Los Angeles, where would L'Amour often go?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)