|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did L'Amour work in a veneer plant?
2. Where did L'Amour send a review of the book "Anthony Adverse"?
(a) Journal Tribune.
(b) Journal Record.
(c) Oklahoma Constitution.
(d) Sunday Oklahoman.
3. What book of Kipling's did L'Amour buy from Dulfakir?
(a) The Jungle Book.
(b) Just So Stories.
(c) Departmental Ditties.
(d) The Elephant's Child.
4. How old was an old man named Peterson who told L'Amour a story?
5. How many days was L'Amour supposed to work a claim in Chapter 7?
Short Answer Questions
1. What author did L'Amour think he might emulate at the end of Chapter 6?
2. How much gold was L'Amour able to pan when he was at the mine?
3. What did L'Amour use to kill rabbits at his parents' new home?
4. What was the name of the magazine that published the first modern stories of science fiction?
5. What was the name of the boxing magazine published in St. Paul?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did L'Amour save himself a lot of hardship?
2. Why did seaman prefer to ship from the west coast?
3. What types of hunger had L'Amour known in his life?
4. What did L'Amour believe that universities provided?
5. Who was the man in Chapter 4 who gave L'Amour a ride to Tucson?
6. Why didn't L'Amour believe that the sites of the battles during the American-Indian wars was a matter of chance?
7. Describe the mine where L'Amour was to be a caretaker.
8. Who was Pete Petrolle?
9. What did L'Amour do when he finally got to Barstow after working on a mine claim?
10. How did Shorty Harris lose a rich claim?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)