|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what battle was General George Crook fought to a standstill?
(a) Battle of Beecher Island.
(b) Battle of Cibecue.
(c) Battle of Infernal Caverns.
(d) Battle of the Rosebud.
2. Where did Russian Joe Smith get picked up?
3. What did L'Amour read in Klamath Falls, Oregon?
(a) Crime and Punishment.
(b) The Brothers Karamazov.
(c) House of the Dead.
(d) Poor Folk.
4. Where did most of the stories in "Arabian Nights" originate?
5. Who did L'Amour work out with a few times at the YMCA gym?
(a) Mike GIbbons.
(b) Labe Safro.
(c) Mike O'Dowd.
(d) Kid Graves.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many white men died in the stagecoach attack that Peterson described?
2. At the time L'Amour wrote the book, at how many universities and colleges had he lectured?
3. How many holes for concrete piers could most men dig?
4. In Chapter 4, where was the machinist from who was headed to a job in El Paso?
5. In what mountains was the claim where L'Amour worked in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of work did L'Amour do in a veneer plant?
2. Describe the mine where L'Amour was to be a caretaker.
3. Before L'Amour ended up in Singapore, what were some jobs he had held?
4. Why did seaman prefer to ship from the west coast?
5. What types of hunger had L'Amour known in his life?
6. What was L'Amour's view of education?
7. Who had all the advantages when it comes to adventure?
8. How did L'Amour save himself a lot of hardship?
9. What two reasons influenced L'Amour to drop out of school?
10. Why did L'Amour have to walk from Death Valley?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)