|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Crook fight a battle with the Indians as L'Amour mentioned in Chapter 13?
(a) April 2.
(b) June 17.
(c) July 24.
(d) May 12.
2. How long after Peterson was taken by the Apaches did he partake in a war party?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 7 years.
(d) 6 years.
3. How many acres did the home have that L'Amour brought his parents to after they left Oregon?
4. When was "Erewhon" written?
5. In Chapter 1, when was L'Amour in Singapore?
(a) April 12.
(b) June 3.
(c) March 18.
(d) May 14.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the nationality of the man who was able to dig 4 holes a day for concrete piers along with L'Amour?
2. What author did L'Amour think he might emulate at the end of Chapter 6?
3. About how fast was L'Amour able to walk after he damaged the Model T?
4. What did L'Amour use to kill rabbits at his parents' new home?
5. At the time L'Amour wrote the book, at how many universities and colleges had he lectured?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Pete Petrolle?
2. What two reasons influenced L'Amour to drop out of school?
3. Why didn't L'Amour recommend his way of learning to others?
4. Why didn't L'Amour look for a job right away when he got to Los Angeles?
5. Describe the mine where L'Amour was to be a caretaker.
6. Describe the steelworker who started following the rails with L'Amour.
7. Why did seaman prefer to ship from the west coast?
8. What was L'Amour's view of education?
9. How did L'Amour save himself a lot of hardship?
10. How did L'Amour get away from the steelworker who expected L'Amour to take care of him?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)