|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Goethe finish the second part of "Faust"?
2. Where was the first place that L'Amour looked for a job in Los Angeles?
(a) Grocery store.
3. How many books did L'Amour have in his personal library?
4. What Indian territory surrounded Stein's Pass?
5. What did L'Amour believe was the best book to come out of World War I?
(a) All Quiet on the Western Front.
(b) The Case of Sergeant Grischa.
(c) Undertones of War.
(d) The Long Weekend.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was L'Amour when he met Pete?
2. How much did "Little Blue Books" cost?
3. How long did the last caretaker of the mine last before he quit?
4. Where did Russian Joe Smith get picked up?
5. When did Sun-tzu write about the basic principles of military strategy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did L'Amour do when he finally got to Barstow after working on a mine claim?
2. Who was Pete Petrolle?
3. How did L'Amour save himself a lot of hardship?
4. Why didn't L'Amour recommend his way of learning to others?
5. Before L'Amour ended up in Singapore, what were some jobs he had held?
6. What did L'Amour have to say about plots in stories?
7. What type of work did L'Amour do in a veneer plant?
8. What two reasons influenced L'Amour to drop out of school?
9. What types of hunger had L'Amour known in his life?
10. Why did L'Amour say that it was an act of kindness when the Roman soldiers gave Jesus a drink of vinegar on the cross?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)