|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many rounds might L'Amour go in a day with Pete before he met Billy?
2. Where did L'Amour met a group of university professors in the 1920s who were exciting, stimulating, and fun?
(a) University of Missouri.
(b) University of Michigan.
(c) University of Oklahoma.
(d) University of Iowa.
3. Where did Russian Joe Smith get picked up?
4. On three occasions, how long did L'Amour go without eating anything?
(a) 5 days.
(b) 4 days.
(c) 2 days.
(d) 3 days.
5. How fast would a camel travel?
(a) 10 mph.
(b) 4 mph.
(c) 2 ½ to 3 mph.
(d) 1 to 2 mph.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much had the man L'Amour worked for in Chapter 7 spent on his mine so far?
2. What was the name of the magazine that published the first modern stories of science fiction?
3. When did Sun-tzu write about the basic principles of military strategy?
4. How many sandwiches did L'Amour eat a day when he was saving up to buy books by Russell, Baldwin, and Chase?
5. When was L'Amour's great-grandfather killed and scalped?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did L'Amour work so many jobs?
2. Why did L'Amour have to walk from Death Valley?
3. What did L'Amour do when he finally got to Barstow after working on a mine claim?
4. What did L'Amour believe that universities provided?
5. How did L'Amour describe his life?
6. What type of work did L'Amour do in a veneer plant?
7. Why didn't L'Amour recommend his way of learning to others?
8. Who was Pete Petrolle?
9. What types of hunger had L'Amour known in his life?
10. What was L'Amour's view of education?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)