|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, where was the machinist from who was headed to a job in El Paso?
(a) St. Petersburg.
2. Who was L'Amour's first employer?
(a) A grocery store.
(b) Standard Oil.
(c) The local newspaper.
(d) Western Union.
3. In Chapter 12, how much did an Irishman loan L'Amour?
4. How many rounds might L'Amour go in a day with Pete before he met Billy?
5. When did Goethe finish the second part of "Faust"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what battle was General George Crook fought to a standstill?
2. How old was an old man named Peterson who told L'Amour a story?
3. When did Sun-tzu write about the basic principles of military strategy?
4. How tall was L'Amour as an adult?
5. What was the nationality of the man who was able to dig 4 holes a day for concrete piers along with L'Amour?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Billy Dixon?
2. What was old man Peterson's story?
3. Why did L'Amour say that the western pioneers were select people?
4. What did L'Amour do when he finally got to Barstow after working on a mine claim?
5. When L'Amour began his writing career, how did he write?
6. Who was the man in Chapter 4 who gave L'Amour a ride to Tucson?
7. What was L'Amour's view of education?
8. Who were some army officers who wrote about the Indian and his culture?
9. Why didn't L'Amour recommend his way of learning to others?
10. Why did seaman prefer to ship from the west coast?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)