|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Pete's manager own and operate a cafe?
2. Where was Muhammed Dulfakir's shop located?
(a) High St.
(b) Main St.
(c) Baker St.
(d) Wyatt St.
3. What did L'Amour hit in Chapter 8?
4. Where did L'Amour send a review of the book "Anthony Adverse"?
(a) Oklahoma Constitution.
(b) Journal Record.
(c) Sunday Oklahoman.
(d) Journal Tribune.
5. At the time of the writing of the book, how long were L'Amour and the Irishman who loaned him money friends?
(a) 25 years.
(b) 58 years.
(c) 60 years.
(d) 38 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, when was L'Amour in Singapore?
2. What was the nationality of the man who was able to dig 4 holes a day for concrete piers along with L'Amour?
3. When was L'Amour's great-grandfather killed and scalped?
4. How many holes for concrete piers could most men dig?
5. What did L'Amour drink after his walk from Death Valley?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did L'Amour say that it was an act of kindness when the Roman soldiers gave Jesus a drink of vinegar on the cross?
2. What did L'Amour have to say about plots in stories?
3. Why didn't the man L'Amour worked for in Chapter 7 work his own mines?
4. What were bookstores like in Chapter 10?
5. What would L'Amour do after being paid for skinning cattle?
6. What type of work did L'Amour do in a veneer plant?
7. Who had all the advantages when it comes to adventure?
8. Why did seaman prefer to ship from the west coast?
9. How did L'Amour keep from being disappointed by the constant flow of rejection slips he received?
10. Describe the steelworker who started following the rails with L'Amour.
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)