|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did L'Amour spend in Los Angeles?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 4 days.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 2 weeks.
2. What was the nationality of the man who was able to dig 4 holes a day for concrete piers along with L'Amour?
3. How far did L'Amour travel with his boss when he went to work on a claim in Chapter 7?
(a) 68 miles.
(b) 70 miles.
(c) 55 miles.
(d) 35 miles.
4. How old was L'Amour when he met Pete?
5. What did L'Amour eat out of a can after he damaged the Model T?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what mountains was the claim where L'Amour worked in Chapter 7?
2. How many sandwiches did L'Amour eat a day when he was saving up to buy books by Russell, Baldwin, and Chase?
3. Where did Professor Percival Lowell study Mars?
4. In Chapter 11, how much did Modern Library editions cost?
5. Where was Muhammed Dulfakir's shop located?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did L'Amour keep from being disappointed by the constant flow of rejection slips he received?
2. Why didn't L'Amour look for a job right away when he got to Los Angeles?
3. How did L'Amour get away from the steelworker who expected L'Amour to take care of him?
4. What two reasons influenced L'Amour to drop out of school?
5. How did L'Amour save himself a lot of hardship?
6. Why didn't L'Amour recommend his way of learning to others?
7. How did Shorty Harris lose a rich claim?
8. Why did L'Amour work so many jobs?
9. Describe the Indian who lived neared the mine L'Amour worked at?
10. What did L'Amour do when he finally got to Barstow after working on a mine claim?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)