|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did L'Amour have a suitcase stolen?
(c) Ash Fork.
(d) Chino Valley.
2. What was the nationality of the man who was able to dig 4 holes a day for concrete piers along with L'Amour?
3. In what mountains was the claim where L'Amour worked in Chapter 7?
(b) Owl's Head.
(c) Santa Cruz.
4. During the year that L'Amour kept track of the books he read, how many did he read while waiting for people?
5. How much had the man L'Amour worked for in Chapter 7 spent on his mine so far?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did L'Amour believe was the best book to come out of World War I?
2. In Chapter 1, when was L'Amour in Singapore?
3. How many books did a woman have that Russian Joe Smith lived with in China?
4. How old was Pete Boering when L'Amour met him?
5. How long did L'Amour spend in Los Angeles?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was L'Amour's view of education?
2. After World War II when L'Amour was living in Los Angeles, where would L'Amour often go?
3. Why did a woman want a dentist to set a diamond in one of her front teeth?
4. How did L'Amour get away from the steelworker who expected L'Amour to take care of him?
5. Why did L'Amour have to walk from Death Valley?
6. What did L'Amour remember about reading one cold night in Paris?
7. What type of work did L'Amour do in a veneer plant?
8. How did L'Amour meet a man named Gillespie?
9. Why was L'Amour impressed by the memories of Arabs during the Middle Ages?
10. Why didn't L'Amour recommend his way of learning to others?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)