|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many white men died in the stagecoach attack that Peterson described?
2. What was one of the first books L'Amour remembered reading?
(a) Treasure Island.
(b) Twice Told Tales.
(d) The Deerslayer.
3. How old was L'Amour when he left school?
4. In Chapter 12, how much did an Irishman loan L'Amour?
5. What Indian territory surrounded Stein's Pass?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many acres did the home have that L'Amour brought his parents to after they left Oregon?
2. About how fast was L'Amour able to walk after he damaged the Model T?
3. When did Crook fight a battle with the Indians as L'Amour mentioned in Chapter 13?
4. How old was Pete Boering when L'Amour met him?
5. Where did L'Amour go after his suitcase was stolen?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did L'Amour describe his life?
2. Why didn't L'Amour believe that the sites of the battles during the American-Indian wars was a matter of chance?
3. Why didn't the man L'Amour worked for in Chapter 7 work his own mines?
4. Who had all the advantages when it comes to adventure?
5. Who were some army officers who wrote about the Indian and his culture?
6. What was L'Amour's view of education?
7. Why didn't L'Amour look for a job right away when he got to Los Angeles?
8. Why did L'Amour work so many jobs?
9. Who was the man in Chapter 4 who gave L'Amour a ride to Tucson?
10. What did L'Amour have to say about plots in stories?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)