|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did L'Amour have his first and worst bout with seasickness?
(a) Cape Hatteras.
(c) West Indies.
2. When was "Erewhon" written?
3. Where did Russian Joe Smith get picked up?
4. Where was Pete Petrolle from?
5. What canyon did L'Amour want to see in Chapter 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. In September, how high would temperatures get in the desert?
2. Near what peak did the Apache that Peterson lived with plan to attack?
3. When did Goethe begin writing "Faust"?
4. Where did Professor Percival Lowell study Mars?
5. How old was L'Amour when he left school?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why didn't the man L'Amour worked for in Chapter 7 work his own mines?
2. What two reasons influenced L'Amour to drop out of school?
3. What did L'Amour have to say about plots in stories?
4. What would L'Amour do after being paid for skinning cattle?
5. What type of work did L'Amour do in a veneer plant?
6. Why didn't L'Amour believe that the sites of the battles during the American-Indian wars was a matter of chance?
7. What was old man Peterson's story?
8. How did L'Amour save himself a lot of hardship?
9. Why did L'Amour say that it was an act of kindness when the Roman soldiers gave Jesus a drink of vinegar on the cross?
10. What was L'Amour's view of education?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)