|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Pete Boering when L'Amour met him?
2. Near what peak did the Apache that Peterson lived with plan to attack?
3. Where did L'Amour go to high school?
(a) North Dakota.
(b) South Dakota.
4. Where was Muhammed Dulfakir's shop located?
(a) High St.
(b) Wyatt St.
(c) Main St.
(d) Baker St.
5. How many acres did the home have that L'Amour brought his parents to after they left Oregon?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the usual occupation of the last man who tried to stay at the mine?
2. During the year that L'Amour kept track of the books he read, how many did he read while waiting for people?
3. How many books and plays did L'Amour read in 1930?
4. What was one of the first books L'Amour remembered reading?
5. How long did a boy tell L'Amour that Arabs had been in the East Indies?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why didn't L'Amour look for a job right away when he got to Los Angeles?
2. How did L'Amour save himself a lot of hardship?
3. Describe the Indian who lived neared the mine L'Amour worked at?
4. How did L'Amour describe his life?
5. What were the "Little Blue Books"?
6. What two reasons influenced L'Amour to drop out of school?
7. What were bookstores like in Chapter 10?
8. Who were some army officers who wrote about the Indian and his culture?
9. What did L'Amour believe that universities provided?
10. Why did L'Amour work so many jobs?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)