|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many acres did the home have that L'Amour brought his parents to after they left Oregon?
2. What was the name of the magazine that published the first modern stories of science fiction?
(a) Science: fact and fiction.
(b) Weird Tales.
(c) Science and Invention.
(d) Amazing Stories.
3. In what mountains was the claim where L'Amour worked in Chapter 7?
(b) Owl's Head.
(d) Santa Cruz.
4. Where did Pete's manager own and operate a cafe?
5. How many books were in the reading room of the Seaman's Institute?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did L'Amour drink after his walk from Death Valley?
2. Where did L'Amour send a review of the book "Anthony Adverse"?
3. How old was an old man named Peterson who told L'Amour a story?
4. Where had L'Amour planned to go after he got his parents settled? .
5. How many books did a woman have that Russian Joe Smith lived with in China?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why didn't L'Amour look for a job right away when he got to Los Angeles?
2. What were bookstores like in Chapter 10?
3. What was L'Amour's view of education?
4. What would L'Amour do after being paid for skinning cattle?
5. How did L'Amour keep from being disappointed by the constant flow of rejection slips he received?
6. Who was the man in Chapter 4 who gave L'Amour a ride to Tucson?
7. How did L'Amour get away from the steelworker who expected L'Amour to take care of him?
8. What was old man Peterson's story?
9. Why didn't L'Amour believe that the sites of the battles during the American-Indian wars was a matter of chance?
10. How did Shorty Harris lose a rich claim?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)