|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book by Jack London prepared L'Amour for rejection?
(a) The Call of the Wild.
(b) White Fang.
(c) Martin Eden.
(d) John Barleycorn.
2. What author did L'Amour think he might emulate at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) James Fennimore Cooper.
(b) Nathaniel Hawthorne.
(c) Earnest Hemingway.
(d) Joseph Conrad.
3. How many days was L'Amour supposed to work a claim in Chapter 7?
4. How much gold was L'Amour able to pan when he was at the mine?
5. How many books did a woman have that Russian Joe Smith lived with in China?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was L'Amour when he obtained his first job?
2. What was one of the first books L'Amour remembered reading?
3. What was the nationality of the man who was able to dig 4 holes a day for concrete piers along with L'Amour?
4. Where did the shipwreck take place that was written about in Shakespeare's "Tempest"?
5. In September, how high would temperatures get in the desert?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was infection rare in the earliest days in the mountains?
2. How was L'Amour first able to learn the stories from Iran's great Book of Kings?
3. Why did a woman want a dentist to set a diamond in one of her front teeth?
4. What was Nalanda University?
5. How did L'Amour meet a man named Gillespie?
6. Why did L'Amour say that it was an act of kindness when the Roman soldiers gave Jesus a drink of vinegar on the cross?
7. How did L'Amour keep from being disappointed by the constant flow of rejection slips he received?
8. Once L'Amour could no longer find the books he wanted in library, where did he have to find books?
9. Why didn't L'Amour recommend his way of learning to others?
10. Who was Billy Dixon?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)