|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Crook fight a battle with the Indians as L'Amour mentioned in Chapter 13?
(a) May 12.
(b) April 2.
(c) July 24.
(d) June 17.
2. How many white men died in the stagecoach attack that Peterson described?
3. What book by Jack London prepared L'Amour for rejection?
(a) Martin Eden.
(b) White Fang.
(c) The Call of the Wild.
(d) John Barleycorn.
4. How many holes for concrete piers could most men dig?
(b) 2 ½.
5. How many rounds might L'Amour go in a day with Pete before he met Billy?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did L'Amour go to high school?
2. How long was Doubtful Canyon?
3. At the time of the writing of the book, how long were L'Amour and the Irishman who loaned him money friends?
4. How much gold was L'Amour able to pan when he was at the mine?
5. How long did L'Amour spend in Los Angeles?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the "Little Blue Books"?
2. Who was Pete Petrolle?
3. What types of hunger had L'Amour known in his life?
4. How did L'Amour describe his life?
5. Describe the steelworker who started following the rails with L'Amour.
6. Why did L'Amour have to walk from Death Valley?
7. Describe the Indian who lived neared the mine L'Amour worked at?
8. What did L'Amour have to say about plots in stories?
9. How did L'Amour keep from being disappointed by the constant flow of rejection slips he received?
10. Why did seaman prefer to ship from the west coast?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)