|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many sandwiches did L'Amour eat a day when he was saving up to buy books by Russell, Baldwin, and Chase?
2. Where did L'Amour read "Don Juan"?
(a) In a restaurant.
(b) On a beach.
(c) On an Arab dhow.
(d) In a library.
3. How old was Pete Boering when L'Amour met him?
4. What was the name of the boxing magazine published in St. Paul?
(a) The Gazette.
(b) Boxing Blade.
(c) The Fighter.
(d) Sparring Partner.
5. When did Sun-tzu write about the basic principles of military strategy?
(a) 500 B.C.
(b) 500 A.D.
(c) 1,000 A.D.
(d) 1,000 B.C.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Goethe finish the second part of "Faust"?
2. How many days was L'Amour supposed to work a claim in Chapter 7?
3. Where did L'Amour go after his suitcase was stolen?
4. What book of Kipling's did L'Amour buy from Dulfakir?
5. From what fort did Custer's men leave before the Battle at Little Bighorn?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why didn't L'Amour recommend his way of learning to others?
2. Why didn't L'Amour believe that the sites of the battles during the American-Indian wars was a matter of chance?
3. How did L'Amour save himself a lot of hardship?
4. How did Shorty Harris lose a rich claim?
5. What would L'Amour do after being paid for skinning cattle?
6. Before L'Amour ended up in Singapore, what were some jobs he had held?
7. Describe the Indian who lived neared the mine L'Amour worked at?
8. What was L'Amour's view of education?
9. What two reasons influenced L'Amour to drop out of school?
10. What were the "Little Blue Books"?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)