|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument did Harry Warren (Shorty) play?
2. Where did L'Amour eat breakfast with an old man who gave him a ride in Chapter 4?
3. How old was L'Amour when he left school?
4. How old was L'Amour when he made his first attempt at creative writing?
5. How many books did a woman have that Russian Joe Smith lived with in China?
Short Answer Questions
1. In September, how high would temperatures get in the desert?
2. How many books and plays did L'Amour read in 1930?
3. Where did Pete's manager own and operate a cafe?
4. In Chapter 4, where was the machinist from who was headed to a job in El Paso?
5. Where did L'Amour work in a veneer plant?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did L'Amour have to walk from Death Valley?
2. How did L'Amour get away from the steelworker who expected L'Amour to take care of him?
3. How did L'Amour save himself a lot of hardship?
4. Who was the man in Chapter 4 who gave L'Amour a ride to Tucson?
5. Describe the Indian who lived neared the mine L'Amour worked at?
6. Why didn't the man L'Amour worked for in Chapter 7 work his own mines?
7. Why didn't L'Amour look for a job right away when he got to Los Angeles?
8. What were the "Little Blue Books"?
9. Who were some army officers who wrote about the Indian and his culture?
10. Who was Pete Petrolle?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)