|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much gold was L'Amour able to pan when he was at the mine?
2. During the year that L'Amour kept track of the books he read, how many did he read while waiting for people?
3. Where did L'Amour eat breakfast with an old man who gave him a ride in Chapter 4?
4. When was L'Amour's great-grandfather killed and scalped?
5. Where did L'Amour have a suitcase stolen?
(b) Ash Fork.
(c) Chino Valley.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was one of the first books L'Amour remembered reading?
2. Where was the first place that L'Amour looked for a job in Los Angeles?
3. At the time L'Amour wrote the book, at how many universities and colleges had he lectured?
4. In Chapter 11, how much did Modern Library editions cost?
5. How old was L'Amour when he obtained his first job?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why didn't L'Amour believe that the sites of the battles during the American-Indian wars was a matter of chance?
2. How did L'Amour save himself a lot of hardship?
3. What did L'Amour do when he finally got to Barstow after working on a mine claim?
4. Why did L'Amour say that it was an act of kindness when the Roman soldiers gave Jesus a drink of vinegar on the cross?
5. Before L'Amour ended up in Singapore, what were some jobs he had held?
6. How did L'Amour describe his life?
7. What two reasons influenced L'Amour to drop out of school?
8. How did Shorty Harris lose a rich claim?
9. What would L'Amour do after being paid for skinning cattle?
10. Describe the mine where L'Amour was to be a caretaker.
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)