|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was L'Amour when he made his first attempt at creative writing?
2. What was the name of the boxing magazine published in St. Paul?
(a) The Fighter.
(b) The Gazette.
(c) Boxing Blade.
(d) Sparring Partner.
3. When did Goethe begin writing "Faust"?
4. What was the name of the magazine that published the first modern stories of science fiction?
(a) Amazing Stories.
(b) Science: fact and fiction.
(c) Weird Tales.
(d) Science and Invention.
5. Near what peak did the Apache that Peterson lived with plan to attack?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did L'Amour work out with a few times at the YMCA gym?
2. What author did L'Amour think he might emulate at the end of Chapter 6?
3. In what battle was General George Crook fought to a standstill?
4. Where did L'Amour have a suitcase stolen?
5. Where did L'Amour have his first and worst bout with seasickness?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did L'Amour describe his life?
2. Who was the man in Chapter 4 who gave L'Amour a ride to Tucson?
3. Describe the steelworker who started following the rails with L'Amour.
4. Why did L'Amour say that it was an act of kindness when the Roman soldiers gave Jesus a drink of vinegar on the cross?
5. Why did seaman prefer to ship from the west coast?
6. How did L'Amour save himself a lot of hardship?
7. Before L'Amour ended up in Singapore, what were some jobs he had held?
8. Why didn't L'Amour believe that the sites of the battles during the American-Indian wars was a matter of chance?
9. Why did L'Amour have to walk from Death Valley?
10. What type of work did L'Amour do in a veneer plant?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)