|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the time of the writing of the book, how long were L'Amour and the Irishman who loaned him money friends?
(a) 38 years.
(b) 25 years.
(c) 58 years.
(d) 60 years.
2. What was the usual occupation of the last man who tried to stay at the mine?
3. In what battle was General George Crook fought to a standstill?
(a) Battle of Cibecue.
(b) Battle of the Rosebud.
(c) Battle of Infernal Caverns.
(d) Battle of Beecher Island.
4. Where did L'Amour send a review of the book "Anthony Adverse"?
(a) Oklahoma Constitution.
(b) Journal Tribune.
(c) Journal Record.
(d) Sunday Oklahoman.
5. How old was an old man named Peterson who told L'Amour a story?
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument did Harry Warren (Shorty) play?
2. Where did L'Amour have a suitcase stolen?
3. In September, how high would temperatures get in the desert?
4. During the year that L'Amour kept track of the books he read, how many did he read while waiting for people?
5. Who did L'Amour work out with a few times at the YMCA gym?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were bookstores like in Chapter 10?
2. What two reasons influenced L'Amour to drop out of school?
3. What were the "Little Blue Books"?
4. Who was Pete Petrolle?
5. How did L'Amour save himself a lot of hardship?
6. Who were some army officers who wrote about the Indian and his culture?
7. What did L'Amour have to say about plots in stories?
8. What types of hunger had L'Amour known in his life?
9. How did L'Amour keep from being disappointed by the constant flow of rejection slips he received?
10. What did L'Amour believe that universities provided?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)