|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the only author L'Amour knew that wrote about hunger from experience?
(a) Knut Hamsun.
(b) Sigrid Undset.
(c) Henri Bergson.
(d) Anatole France.
2. How old was L'Amour when he made his first attempt at creative writing?
3. How many volumes of books by Alexandre Dumas did L'Amour find on the shelves of the library?
4. What animal did Cheng Ho bring back from Africa for the emperor's zoo?
5. At the time L'Amour wrote the book, at how many universities and colleges had he lectured?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Russian Joe Smith get picked up?
2. When did Goethe begin writing "Faust"?
3. What book of Kipling's did L'Amour buy from Dulfakir?
4. How many books and plays did L'Amour read in 1930?
5. Who did L'Amour work out with a few times at the YMCA gym?
Short Essay Questions
1. What types of hunger had L'Amour known in his life?
2. Why didn't L'Amour look for a job right away when he got to Los Angeles?
3. Who was Pete Petrolle?
4. Why did L'Amour have to walk from Death Valley?
5. What were bookstores like in Chapter 10?
6. Why did seaman prefer to ship from the west coast?
7. What were the "Little Blue Books"?
8. Who had all the advantages when it comes to adventure?
9. Describe the steelworker who started following the rails with L'Amour.
10. Who was the man in Chapter 4 who gave L'Amour a ride to Tucson?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)