|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did L'Amour go to high school?
(a) North Dakota.
(d) South Dakota.
2. How many books did a woman have that Russian Joe Smith lived with in China?
3. How many sandwiches did L'Amour eat a day when he was saving up to buy books by Russell, Baldwin, and Chase?
4. Where did Professor Percival Lowell study Mars?
5. Where did L'Amour work in a veneer plant?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did L'Amour work out with a few times at the YMCA gym?
2. In September, how high would temperatures get in the desert?
3. When did Goethe finish the second part of "Faust"?
4. When was L'Amour's great-grandfather killed and scalped?
5. In Chapter 1, when was L'Amour in Singapore?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Shorty Harris lose a rich claim?
2. Why did L'Amour say that it was an act of kindness when the Roman soldiers gave Jesus a drink of vinegar on the cross?
3. How did L'Amour describe his life?
4. What were the "Little Blue Books"?
5. Describe the Indian who lived neared the mine L'Amour worked at?
6. What did L'Amour have to say about plots in stories?
7. Why didn't L'Amour look for a job right away when he got to Los Angeles?
8. Why didn't L'Amour recommend his way of learning to others?
9. Why did L'Amour work so many jobs?
10. What two reasons influenced L'Amour to drop out of school?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)