|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many acres did the home have that L'Amour brought his parents to after they left Oregon?
2. How old was Pete Boering when L'Amour met him?
3. How long after Peterson was taken by the Apaches did he partake in a war party?
(a) 7 years.
(b) 6 years.
(c) 4 years.
(d) 5 years.
4. What did L'Amour use to kill rabbits at his parents' new home?
(b) .22 rifle.
5. What animal did Cheng Ho bring back from Africa for the emperor's zoo?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the usual occupation of the last man who tried to stay at the mine?
2. Where did L'Amour go to high school?
3. On three occasions, how long did L'Amour go without eating anything?
4. How long did the last caretaker of the mine last before he quit?
5. After L'Amour ate his only can of food, how far was it to the town where he was headed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was the man in Chapter 4 who gave L'Amour a ride to Tucson?
2. What types of hunger had L'Amour known in his life?
3. Why did L'Amour work so many jobs?
4. Who was Pete Petrolle?
5. How did L'Amour keep from being disappointed by the constant flow of rejection slips he received?
6. Why did L'Amour say that it was an act of kindness when the Roman soldiers gave Jesus a drink of vinegar on the cross?
7. What were bookstores like in Chapter 10?
8. What was old man Peterson's story?
9. How did Shorty Harris lose a rich claim?
10. What did L'Amour do when he finally got to Barstow after working on a mine claim?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)