|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About how fast was L'Amour able to walk after he damaged the Model T?
(a) 3 mph.
(b) 1 mph.
(c) 1/2 mph.
(d) 2 mph.
2. How many books and plays did L'Amour read in 1930?
3. What did L'Amour use to kill rabbits at his parents' new home?
(d) .22 rifle.
4. Where did Professor Percival Lowell study Mars?
5. In Chapter 4, where was the machinist from who was headed to a job in El Paso?
(a) St. Petersburg.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did L'Amour met a group of university professors in the 1920s who were exciting, stimulating, and fun?
2. Where did L'Amour read "Don Juan"?
3. Who taught L'Amour how to use a six-shooter?
4. How many books were in the reading room of the Seaman's Institute?
5. How tall was L'Amour as an adult?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did L'Amour save himself a lot of hardship?
2. Before L'Amour ended up in Singapore, what were some jobs he had held?
3. How did L'Amour describe his life?
4. Why didn't L'Amour look for a job right away when he got to Los Angeles?
5. What did L'Amour believe that universities provided?
6. What was L'Amour's view of education?
7. Describe the mine where L'Amour was to be a caretaker.
8. What two reasons influenced L'Amour to drop out of school?
9. What was old man Peterson's story?
10. What did L'Amour do when he finally got to Barstow after working on a mine claim?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)