|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote "The Army of the Future"?
(c) De Gaulle.
2. In California in the 1920s, how long was a boxing bout?
(a) 6 rounds.
(b) 5 rounds.
(c) 3 rounds.
(d) 4 rounds.
3. How many short stories had L'Amour written when his first novel was published?
(c) About 50.
(d) More than 100.
4. Where was the small journal published that published some of L'Amour's poetry in Chapter 15?
(b) Emory University.
(d) Simpson College.
5. What was the name of the small railroad that L'Amour would take to the wilderness area of Sycamore Canyon in Arizona?
(a) Pacific Northern.
6. What was the name of the only other ship that made the crossing during the storm L'Amour encountered on the Boise?
7. What was the latest date on a collect of eight or ten books of ancient maps that L'Amour viewed at a chateau on the outskirts of Paris?
8. How old was Fa-hien when he died?
9. Who was the Navajo artist whose painting appeared on L'Amour's book, "The Haunted Mesa"?
(a) Dana Tiger.
(b) Urshel Taylor.
(c) Cliff Brycelea.
(d) Jerome Bushyhead.
10. What book by Byron might have been found on L'Amour's bookshelves?
(a) Child of Passion.
(b) A Romantic's Passion.
(c) The Love Poems.
(d) Childe Harold.
11. How old did Chris Madsen live to be?
(a) Over 90.
(c) About 80.
12. How far did L'Amour have to walk to mail his manuscripts in Chapter 15?
(a) 10 blocks
(b) 3 miles.
(c) 4 blocks.
(d) 1 mile.
13. In the Adobe Walls fight, how many buffalo hunters fought off Comanche and Kiowa warriors?
14. At what distance did Billy Dixon shoot an Indian off his horse?
(a) 3/4 of a mile.
(b) 1 mile.
(c) 1/2 a mile.
(d) ⅞ of a mile.
15. On one (and possibly) three sides of L'Amour's family, how many generations have been in America?
Short Answer Questions
1. What Chinese dynasty did L'Amour believe was one of the most glorious? .
2. How many Nobel Prize winners did L'Amour believe wrote in "Story."
3. What book did L'Amour read by Malcom Rogers?
4. In ancient times, how many ships a day might sail from the Red Sea coast of Egypt to India?
5. What is the first positive date for China's knowledge of Bali?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)