|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What writer and naturalist was on the spot when the New Madrid earthquake happened?
2. Whose translation of the Shah-nama did L'Amour prefer?
(a) William Wright.
(b) Peter Davidson.
(c) Andrew Barett.
(d) Reuben Levy.
3. How old was Dixon when he came west?
4. Where did L'Amour read "Taras Bulba"?
5. How many days did it take when L'Amour and his fellow officers traveled on the U.S.S. Boise to get from Europe to the U.S. .
(a) 5 days.
(b) 16 days
(c) 8 days.
(d) 10 days.
6. When did I-Tsing make a pilgrimage to India and the islands to study Buddhism?
(a) 234 A.D.
(b) 672-692 A.D.
(c) 345-375 A.D.
(d) 539 A.D.
7. On the U.S.S. Boise returning from France, where was the boy from who fascinated L'Amour with tales of his experiences in Burma and India?
8. Who was one of the female actresses in L'Amour's first motion picture?
(a) Hedy Lamarr.
(b) Jane Russell.
(c) Kim Novak.
(d) Marilyn Maxwell.
9. How many Nobel Prize winners did L'Amour believe wrote in "Story."
10. Where did L'Amour settle down to try to become a writer?
11. What book by Byron might have been found on L'Amour's bookshelves?
(a) Child of Passion.
(b) The Love Poems.
(c) Childe Harold.
(d) A Romantic's Passion.
12. When was Seri Turi Buana installed as king?
13. At the end of Chapter 22, what country did L'Amour mention that was invaded many times, but never invaded anyone?
14. What languages did the man speak in addition to his native tongue who told L'Amour about the "Sejarah Melayu"?
(a) German and Russian.
(b) English, French, and German.
(c) Spanish, English, and Russian.
(d) English and Portuguese.
15. What country western singer visited Mesa Verde with L'Amour and his family?
(a) Charlie Daniels.
(b) Billy Ray Cyrus.
(c) Boxcar Willie.
(d) Alan Jackson.
Short Answer Questions
1. While L'Amour was studying the Far East, how many books did he read in a year on the American West?
2. What book did David Buxton write that L'Amour read?
3. When did L'Amour believe that the C.C. Brown translation of the "Sejarah Melayu" was written?
4. What country was Chris Madsen from?
5. How much did Singapore Charlie weigh?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)