|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On one (and possibly) three sides of L'Amour's family, how many generations have been in America?
2. What book did L'Amour read by Malcom Rogers?
(a) Ancient Hunters of the Far West.
(b) Humboldt to the Pacific.
(c) Journey to the Rocky Mountains.
(d) Conquest of New Mexico and California.
3. How far did L'Amour have to walk to mail his manuscripts in Chapter 15?
(a) 3 miles.
(b) 10 blocks
(c) 4 blocks.
(d) 1 mile.
4. When did I-Tsing make a pilgrimage to India and the islands to study Buddhism?
(a) 539 A.D.
(b) 345-375 A.D.
(c) 234 A.D.
(d) 672-692 A.D.
5. On the U.S.S. Boise returning from France, where was the boy from who fascinated L'Amour with tales of his experiences in Burma and India?
6. Who wrote a law book that was the key to much western law?
7. Who wrote the book that L'Amour had in his back pocket when he met Gillespie?
8. How large is the desert of Taklamakan?
(a) Size of Montana and Wyoming combined.
(b) Size of California.
(c) Size of Alaska.
(d) Size of Oklahoma and Texas combined.
9. In what year was L'Amour on a small ship off the Florida coast when a hurricane ripped Miami?
10. How many texts did Kumarajiva translate from Sanskrit into Chinese?
(a) More than 100.
(d) About 200.
11. In ancient times, how many ships a day might sail from the Red Sea coast of Egypt to India?
12. How long was the sailing season from Egypt to India?
(a) 120 days.
(b) 200 days.
(c) 90 days.
(d) 180 days.
13. When were the Wolfville stories written?
14. Who was the black king of Haiti?
(a) Emile Nau.
(b) Leon Laleau.
(c) Georges Anglade.
(d) Henri Christophe. .
15. How many years did it take for Flaubert to complete "Madame Bovary"?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many short stories had L'Amour written when his first novel was published?
2. What book did David Buxton write that L'Amour read?
3. When was it said that paper was invented?
4. How old was Dixon when he came west?
5. In what region did many of the black empires exist?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)