|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Was the the name of L'Amour's first novel?
(b) Kid Rodelo.
(c) Westward the Tide.
(d) Borden Chantry.
2. In what desert did L'Amour believe that the remains of an ancient civilization might be discovered?
3. Where was the small journal published that published some of L'Amour's poetry in Chapter 15?
(b) Emory University.
(c) Simpson College.
4. What was the name of the only other ship that made the crossing during the storm L'Amour encountered on the Boise?
5. On one (and possibly) three sides of L'Amour's family, how many generations have been in America?
6. What was the name of the author who went to high school in L'Amour's hometown?
(a) Maxwell Anderson.
(b) E. E. Kellett.
(c) Louis MacNeice.
(d) W. H. Auden.
7. Where did L'Amour read "Taras Bulba"?
8. What book did L'Amour mention that was a somewhat pornographic Chinese novel?
(a) Dream of the Red Chamber.
(b) The Water Margin.
(c) Saving a Prostitute.
(d) Chin P'ing Mei.
9. Who wrote a law book that was the key to much western law?
10. How old was Fa-hien when he died?
11. In what year was L'Amour on a small ship off the Florida coast when a hurricane ripped Miami?
12. How old was Dixon when he came west?
13. What is the first positive date for China's knowledge of Bali?
14. While L'Amour was studying the Far East, how many books did he read in a year on the American West?
15. Who wrote "The Mississippi Valley Frontier"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who operated the Brown Derby in Hollywood?
2. When was it said that paper was invented?
3. How many years did it take for Flaubert to complete "Madame Bovary"?
4. To whom did L'Amour believe the Roman soldiers sold their services and served as mercenaries?
5. Who was the black king of Haiti?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)