|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book did David Buxton write that L'Amour read?
(a) Travels in Ethiopia.
(b) A Short History of South Africa.
(c) South Africa.
(d) The Mountains of Rasseles.
2. How many days did it usually take the U.S.S. Boise to travel from Europe to the U.S.?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 10 days.
(c) 4-4 ½ days.
(d) 5-6 days.
3. When did L'Amour believe that the C.C. Brown translation of the "Sejarah Melayu" was written?
4. When did I-Tsing make a pilgrimage to India and the islands to study Buddhism?
(a) 234 A.D.
(b) 345-375 A.D.
(c) 672-692 A.D.
(d) 539 A.D.
5. What desert did a part of five monks travel through in A.D. 399?
6. In the Adobe Walls fight, how many buffalo hunters fought off Comanche and Kiowa warriors?
7. What people group established themselves at Carthage and became a dominant power until destroyed by Rome.
8. Where did L'Amour believe that a half-caste brother and sister he met in Shanghai died?
9. Who wrote the book that L'Amour had in his back pocket when he met Gillespie?
10. What was the name of the small railroad that L'Amour would take to the wilderness area of Sycamore Canyon in Arizona?
(a) Pacific Northern.
11. What was Professor Walter Campbell's pen name?
(a) David Andrews.
(b) Michael Williams.
(c) Stanley Vestal.
(d) Robert Peters.
12. Who was the main character of L'Amour's novel "The Walking Drum"?
(b) William Tell Sackett.
13. What writer and naturalist was on the spot when the New Madrid earthquake happened?
14. How many days did it take when L'Amour and his fellow officers traveled on the U.S.S. Boise to get from Europe to the U.S. .
(a) 10 days.
(b) 8 days.
(c) 5 days.
(d) 16 days
15. Who was one of the regular writers in "The Saturday Evening Post"?
(a) H. L. Mencken.
(b) William Saroyan.
(c) Clarence Budgington Kelland.
(d) Whit Burnett.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men did Alexander have in his army?
2. How many boys in L'Amour's Golden Gloves boxing team became novice champions in their divisions?
3. Whose translation of the Shah-nama did L'Amour prefer?
4. How old did Chris Madsen live to be?
5. What writer did L'Amour say led off fiction about the American frontier?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)