|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did L'Amour begin writing "Education of a Wandering Man"?
(d) Hong Kong.
2. In what desert did L'Amour believe that the remains of an ancient civilization might be discovered?
3. Where did L'Amour attend Officers' Candidate School?
(a) Fort Bliss.
(b) Camp Hood.
(c) Camp Robinson.
(d) Fort Worth.
4. How far did L'Amour have to walk to mail his manuscripts in Chapter 15?
(a) 1 mile.
(b) 4 blocks.
(c) 3 miles.
(d) 10 blocks
5. Who wrote the book that L'Amour had in his back pocket when he met Gillespie?
6. On the U.S.S. Boise returning from France, where was the boy from who fascinated L'Amour with tales of his experiences in Burma and India?
7. How old was Dixon when he came west?
8. What Chinese dynasty did L'Amour believe was one of the most glorious? .
9. What was the latest date on a collect of eight or ten books of ancient maps that L'Amour viewed at a chateau on the outskirts of Paris?
10. Who was the Navajo artist whose painting appeared on L'Amour's book, "The Haunted Mesa"?
(a) Urshel Taylor.
(b) Jerome Bushyhead.
(c) Cliff Brycelea.
(d) Dana Tiger.
11. In what region did many of the black empires exist?
12. What was the name of the author who went to high school in L'Amour's hometown?
(a) E. E. Kellett.
(b) Louis MacNeice.
(c) Maxwell Anderson.
(d) W. H. Auden.
13. What was Professor Walter Campbell's pen name?
(a) Michael Williams.
(b) Stanley Vestal.
(c) Robert Peters.
(d) David Andrews.
14. Who wrote the quotation at the beginning of Chapter 25?
15. Who wrote "The Mississippi Valley Frontier"?
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom did L'Amour believe the Roman soldiers sold their services and served as mercenaries?
2. How old did Chris Madsen live to be?
3. At the end of Chapter 22, what country did L'Amour mention that was invaded many times, but never invaded anyone?
4. Who operated the Brown Derby in Hollywood?
5. Who made up the core of Alexander's army?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)