|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what Indian reservation was Mancos Canyon located?
2. Who wrote the book that L'Amour had in his back pocket when he met Gillespie?
3. How many texts did Kumarajiva translate from Sanskrit into Chinese?
(c) About 200.
(d) More than 100.
4. How old did Chris Madsen live to be?
(a) About 80.
(c) Over 90.
5. Who wrote a law book that was the key to much western law?
6. How many short stories had L'Amour written when his first novel was published?
(a) About 50.
(b) More than 100.
7. Who was one of the millionaires of the Comstock Lode that L'Amour said walked into Virginia City broken and left with $200 million?
(a) Peter O'Riley.
(b) Pat McLaughlin.
(c) Emanuel Penrod.
(d) John Mackay.
8. How many Nobel Prize winners did L'Amour believe wrote in "Story."
9. While L'Amour was studying the Far East, how many books did he read in a year on the American West?
10. To whom did L'Amour believe the Roman soldiers sold their services and served as mercenaries?
11. Who wrote "The Mississippi Valley Frontier"?
12. Who wrote "The Army of the Future"?
(c) De Gaulle.
13. What book did L'Amour mention that was a somewhat pornographic Chinese novel?
(a) Chin P'ing Mei.
(b) The Water Margin.
(c) Dream of the Red Chamber.
(d) Saving a Prostitute.
14. What writer and naturalist was on the spot when the New Madrid earthquake happened?
15. When was it said that paper was invented?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Fa-hien when he died?
2. How many bronze stars was L'Amour awarded?
3. What is the first positive date for China's knowledge of Bali?
4. In ancient times, how many ships a day might sail from the Red Sea coast of Egypt to India?
5. How old was Dixon when he came west?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)