|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many boys in L'Amour's Golden Gloves boxing team became novice champions in their divisions?
2. Where did L'Amour begin writing "Education of a Wandering Man"?
(c) Hong Kong.
3. What was L'Amour's first motion picture?
(a) Rebel Without a Cause.
(b) Rear Window.
(d) East of Sumatra.
4. What was the latest date on a collect of eight or ten books of ancient maps that L'Amour viewed at a chateau on the outskirts of Paris?
5. Who wrote "Ancient Geography of India"?
6. How much did Singapore Charlie weigh?
(a) 280 pounds.
(b) 95 pounds.
(c) 300 pounds.
(d) 250 pounds.
7. Who wrote "The Army of the Future"?
(d) De Gaulle.
8. How large is the desert of Taklamakan?
(a) Size of Oklahoma and Texas combined.
(b) Size of Alaska.
(c) Size of California.
(d) Size of Montana and Wyoming combined.
9. What is the first positive date for China's knowledge of Bali?
10. When was Seri Turi Buana installed as king?
11. What desert did a part of five monks travel through in A.D. 399?
12. Where did L'Amour attend Officers' Candidate School?
(a) Camp Robinson.
(b) Camp Hood.
(c) Fort Worth.
(d) Fort Bliss.
13. What was Professor Walter Campbell's pen name?
(a) Stanley Vestal.
(b) Robert Peters.
(c) Michael Williams.
(d) David Andrews.
14. What was the name of the small railroad that L'Amour would take to the wilderness area of Sycamore Canyon in Arizona?
(a) Pacific Northern.
15. Who was one of the millionaires of the Comstock Lode that L'Amour said walked into Virginia City broken and left with $200 million?
(a) John Mackay.
(b) Pat McLaughlin.
(c) Peter O'Riley.
(d) Emanuel Penrod.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many texts did Kumarajiva translate from Sanskrit into Chinese?
2. Where was the small journal published that published some of L'Amour's poetry in Chapter 15?
3. What writer did L'Amour say led off fiction about the American frontier?
4. When was it said that paper was invented?
5. How many men did Alexander have in his army?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)