|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the author who went to high school in L'Amour's hometown?
(a) E. E. Kellett.
(b) Louis MacNeice.
(c) Maxwell Anderson.
(d) W. H. Auden.
2. How many bronze stars was L'Amour awarded?
3. Who was the main character of L'Amour's novel "The Walking Drum"?
(c) William Tell Sackett.
4. While L'Amour was studying the Far East, how many books did he read in a year on the American West?
5. Who wrote the quotation at the beginning of Chapter 25?
6. Who was the black king of Haiti?
(a) Georges Anglade.
(b) Leon Laleau.
(c) Henri Christophe. .
(d) Emile Nau.
7. When did Kumarajiva reach China?
(a) 634 A.D.
(b) 401 A.D.
(c) 394 A.D.
(d) 572 A.D.
8. Whose translation of the Shah-nama did L'Amour prefer?
(a) Peter Davidson.
(b) William Wright.
(c) Reuben Levy.
(d) Andrew Barett.
9. How many short stories had L'Amour written when his first novel was published?
(c) More than 100.
(d) About 50.
10. Who wrote the book that L'Amour had in his back pocket when he met Gillespie?
11. Was the the name of L'Amour's first novel?
(a) Borden Chantry.
(b) Kid Rodelo.
(d) Westward the Tide.
12. In ancient times, how many ships a day might sail from the Red Sea coast of Egypt to India?
13. How much did Singapore Charlie weigh?
(a) 95 pounds.
(b) 250 pounds.
(c) 280 pounds.
(d) 300 pounds.
14. What book did L'Amour review that began his study of Africa?
(a) How I Found Livingstone.
(b) Through the Dark Continent.
(c) The Africa Background Outlined.
(d) Out of Africa.
15. What book did L'Amour read by Malcom Rogers?
(a) Ancient Hunters of the Far West.
(b) Humboldt to the Pacific.
(c) Journey to the Rocky Mountains.
(d) Conquest of New Mexico and California.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did L'Amour's first contact in Shanghai come from?
2. How many boys in L'Amour's Golden Gloves boxing team became novice champions in their divisions?
3. What country western singer visited Mesa Verde with L'Amour and his family?
4. In what region did many of the black empires exist?
5. How far did L'Amour have to walk to mail his manuscripts in Chapter 15?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)