|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was one of the female actresses in L'Amour's first motion picture?
(a) Kim Novak.
(b) Hedy Lamarr.
(c) Jane Russell.
(d) Marilyn Maxwell.
2. Who operated the Brown Derby in Hollywood?
3. Where did L'Amour begin writing "Education of a Wandering Man"?
(a) Hong Kong.
4. What was the name of the only other ship that made the crossing during the storm L'Amour encountered on the Boise?
5. On one (and possibly) three sides of L'Amour's family, how many generations have been in America?
6. In what year was L'Amour on a small ship off the Florida coast when a hurricane ripped Miami?
7. When did L'Amour believe that the C.C. Brown translation of the "Sejarah Melayu" was written?
8. What was the name of the small railroad that L'Amour would take to the wilderness area of Sycamore Canyon in Arizona?
(b) Pacific Northern.
9. How many texts did Kumarajiva translate from Sanskrit into Chinese?
(c) About 200.
(d) More than 100.
10. What book did L'Amour read by Malcom Rogers?
(a) Ancient Hunters of the Far West.
(b) Journey to the Rocky Mountains.
(c) Conquest of New Mexico and California.
(d) Humboldt to the Pacific.
11. How old was Dixon when he came west?
12. How old did Chris Madsen live to be?
(a) About 80.
(c) Over 90.
13. What was L'Amour's first motion picture?
(a) Rear Window.
(b) East of Sumatra.
(c) Rebel Without a Cause.
14. In ancient times, how many ships a day might sail from the Red Sea coast of Egypt to India?
15. At the end of Chapter 22, what country did L'Amour mention that was invaded many times, but never invaded anyone?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many boys in L'Amour's Golden Gloves boxing team became novice champions in their divisions?
2. Who wrote "The Army of the Future"?
3. How many bronze stars was L'Amour awarded?
4. How many years did it take for Flaubert to complete "Madame Bovary"?
5. How many days did it take when L'Amour and his fellow officers traveled on the U.S.S. Boise to get from Europe to the U.S. .
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)