|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first positive date for China's knowledge of Bali?
2. Who made up the core of Alexander's army?
3. Who was one of the regular writers in "The Saturday Evening Post"?
(a) H. L. Mencken.
(b) Clarence Budgington Kelland.
(c) William Saroyan.
(d) Whit Burnett.
4. Who wrote the book that L'Amour had in his back pocket when he met Gillespie?
5. What country western singer visited Mesa Verde with L'Amour and his family?
(a) Billy Ray Cyrus.
(b) Charlie Daniels.
(c) Alan Jackson.
(d) Boxcar Willie.
6. How many bronze stars was L'Amour awarded?
7. In what year was L'Amour on a small ship off the Florida coast when a hurricane ripped Miami?
8. How many men did Alexander have in his army?
9. Who wrote the quotation at the beginning of Chapter 25?
10. In ancient times, how many ships a day might sail from the Red Sea coast of Egypt to India?
11. What writer and naturalist was on the spot when the New Madrid earthquake happened?
12. How much did Singapore Charlie weigh?
(a) 300 pounds.
(b) 250 pounds.
(c) 280 pounds.
(d) 95 pounds.
13. When was Seri Turi Buana installed as king?
14. Who wrote a law book that was the key to much western law?
15. Who wrote what L'Amour considered to be the best history of Japan?
(a) Robert Wyatt.
(b) George Sansom.
(c) Charles Terry.
(d) David Hampton.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did L'Amour read "Burning Daylight"?
2. In the Adobe Walls fight, how many buffalo hunters fought off Comanche and Kiowa warriors?
3. Where did L'Amour begin writing "Education of a Wandering Man"?
4. What book by Byron might have been found on L'Amour's bookshelves?
5. How many Nobel Prize winners did L'Amour believe wrote in "Story."
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)