|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book did L'Amour read by Malcom Rogers?
(a) Ancient Hunters of the Far West.
(b) Journey to the Rocky Mountains.
(c) Humboldt to the Pacific.
(d) Conquest of New Mexico and California.
2. Whose translation of the Shah-nama did L'Amour prefer?
(a) Andrew Barett.
(b) William Wright.
(c) Peter Davidson.
(d) Reuben Levy.
3. Where did L'Amour begin writing "Education of a Wandering Man"?
(b) Hong Kong.
4. When was Seri Turi Buana installed as king?
5. Who was the main character of L'Amour's novel "The Walking Drum"?
(b) William Tell Sackett.
6. When did I-Tsing make a pilgrimage to India and the islands to study Buddhism?
(a) 672-692 A.D.
(b) 345-375 A.D.
(c) 234 A.D.
(d) 539 A.D.
7. Who was the Navajo artist whose painting appeared on L'Amour's book, "The Haunted Mesa"?
(a) Jerome Bushyhead.
(b) Dana Tiger.
(c) Cliff Brycelea.
(d) Urshel Taylor.
8. What desert did a part of five monks travel through in A.D. 399?
9. On what Indian reservation was Mancos Canyon located?
10. How old was Fa-hien when he died?
11. What people group established themselves at Carthage and became a dominant power until destroyed by Rome.
12. When did the Rev. Andrew Burnaby write "Through the Middle Settlements of North America"?
13. How many texts did Kumarajiva translate from Sanskrit into Chinese?
(b) About 200.
(c) More than 100.
14. Who wrote "Ancient Geography of India"?
15. What city was Oak Creek Canyon near?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote "The Mississippi Valley Frontier"?
2. Where did L'Amour read "Burning Daylight"?
3. Who wrote the book that L'Amour had in his back pocket when he met Gillespie?
4. What country was Chris Madsen from?
5. Where did L'Amour attend Officers' Candidate School?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)