|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did L'Amour begin writing "Education of a Wandering Man"?
(a) Hong Kong.
2. What book did L'Amour mention that was a somewhat pornographic Chinese novel?
(a) Chin P'ing Mei.
(b) Saving a Prostitute.
(c) Dream of the Red Chamber.
(d) The Water Margin.
3. When was Seri Turi Buana installed as king?
4. What was the latest date on a collect of eight or ten books of ancient maps that L'Amour viewed at a chateau on the outskirts of Paris?
5. In what region did many of the black empires exist?
6. Who was the main character of L'Amour's novel "The Walking Drum"?
(d) William Tell Sackett.
7. When did L'Amour sell his first short story for cash?
8. Who wrote the book that L'Amour had in his back pocket when he met Gillespie?
9. In ancient times, how many ships a day might sail from the Red Sea coast of Egypt to India?
10. On one (and possibly) three sides of L'Amour's family, how many generations have been in America?
11. How many days did it usually take the U.S.S. Boise to travel from Europe to the U.S.?
(a) 5-6 days.
(b) 10 days.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 4-4 ½ days.
12. Who wrote "Ancient Geography of India"?
13. In the Adobe Walls fight, how many buffalo hunters fought off Comanche and Kiowa warriors?
14. To whom did L'Amour believe the Roman soldiers sold their services and served as mercenaries?
15. What book did David Buxton write that L'Amour read?
(a) Travels in Ethiopia.
(b) South Africa.
(c) A Short History of South Africa.
(d) The Mountains of Rasseles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Was the the name of L'Amour's first novel?
2. How many men did Alexander have in his army?
3. How much did Singapore Charlie weigh?
4. Who wrote what L'Amour considered to be the best history of Japan?
5. Who was one of the millionaires of the Comstock Lode that L'Amour said walked into Virginia City broken and left with $200 million?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)