|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What desert did a part of five monks travel through in A.D. 399?
2. When did the Rev. Andrew Burnaby write "Through the Middle Settlements of North America"?
3. How many texts did Kumarajiva translate from Sanskrit into Chinese?
(b) More than 100.
(d) About 200.
4. Where did L'Amour settle down to try to become a writer?
5. How many Nobel Prize winners did L'Amour believe wrote in "Story."
6. Who wrote "The Army of the Future"?
(b) De Gaulle.
7. What was the name of the only other ship that made the crossing during the storm L'Amour encountered on the Boise?
8. What was L'Amour's first motion picture?
(b) East of Sumatra.
(c) Rear Window.
(d) Rebel Without a Cause.
9. How much did Singapore Charlie weigh?
(a) 300 pounds.
(b) 280 pounds.
(c) 95 pounds.
(d) 250 pounds.
10. How many bronze stars was L'Amour awarded?
11. Who made up the core of Alexander's army?
12. How many years did it take for Flaubert to complete "Madame Bovary"?
13. What was Professor Walter Campbell's pen name?
(a) Robert Peters.
(b) David Andrews.
(c) Stanley Vestal.
(d) Michael Williams.
14. How long was the sailing season from Egypt to India?
(a) 90 days.
(b) 180 days.
(c) 120 days.
(d) 200 days.
15. Who wrote the book that L'Amour had in his back pocket when he met Gillespie?
Short Answer Questions
1. On the U.S.S. Boise returning from France, where was the boy from who fascinated L'Amour with tales of his experiences in Burma and India?
2. Where did L'Amour begin writing "Education of a Wandering Man"?
3. In ancient times, how many ships a day might sail from the Red Sea coast of Egypt to India?
4. How many days did it usually take the U.S.S. Boise to travel from Europe to the U.S.?
5. Who was one of the regular writers in "The Saturday Evening Post"?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)