|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose translation of the Shah-nama did L'Amour prefer?
(a) William Wright.
(b) Andrew Barett.
(c) Reuben Levy.
(d) Peter Davidson.
2. Who wrote the book that L'Amour had in his back pocket when he met Gillespie?
3. Where did L'Amour settle down to try to become a writer?
4. When was it said that paper was invented?
5. On one (and possibly) three sides of L'Amour's family, how many generations have been in America?
6. What desert did a part of five monks travel through in A.D. 399?
7. On what Indian reservation was Mancos Canyon located?
8. At what distance did Billy Dixon shoot an Indian off his horse?
(a) ⅞ of a mile.
(b) 1/2 a mile.
(c) 3/4 of a mile.
(d) 1 mile.
9. What country western singer visited Mesa Verde with L'Amour and his family?
(a) Boxcar Willie.
(b) Alan Jackson.
(c) Charlie Daniels.
(d) Billy Ray Cyrus.
10. How many days did it usually take the U.S.S. Boise to travel from Europe to the U.S.?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 5-6 days.
(c) 4-4 ½ days.
(d) 10 days.
11. How many short stories had L'Amour written when his first novel was published?
(a) About 50.
(c) More than 100.
12. Who made up the core of Alexander's army?
13. When were the Wolfville stories written?
14. What was the name of the only other ship that made the crossing during the storm L'Amour encountered on the Boise?
15. Was the the name of L'Amour's first novel?
(a) Kid Rodelo.
(b) Westward the Tide.
(d) Borden Chantry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What writer and naturalist was on the spot when the New Madrid earthquake happened?
2. Who was one of the regular writers in "The Saturday Evening Post"?
3. What was Professor Walter Campbell's pen name?
4. Where did L'Amour begin writing "Education of a Wandering Man"?
5. In California in the 1920s, how long was a boxing bout?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)