|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How wide was the Hole-in-the-Wall in Wyoming?
(a) 18 inches.
(b) 1 miles.
(c) 5 inches.
(d) ¼ of a mile.
2. While L'Amour was studying the Far East, how many books did he read in a year on the American West?
3. How many days did it take when L'Amour and his fellow officers traveled on the U.S.S. Boise to get from Europe to the U.S. .
(a) 5 days.
(b) 16 days
(c) 8 days.
(d) 10 days.
4. Who was one of the female actresses in L'Amour's first motion picture?
(a) Hedy Lamarr.
(b) Marilyn Maxwell.
(c) Jane Russell.
(d) Kim Novak.
5. Who wrote the quotation at the beginning of Chapter 25?
6. At what distance did Billy Dixon shoot an Indian off his horse?
(a) 1/2 a mile.
(b) 3/4 of a mile.
(c) 1 mile.
(d) ⅞ of a mile.
7. Was the the name of L'Amour's first novel?
(a) Borden Chantry.
(b) Kid Rodelo.
(d) Westward the Tide.
8. Where did L'Amour begin writing "Education of a Wandering Man"?
(d) Hong Kong.
9. Where did L'Amour believe that a half-caste brother and sister he met in Shanghai died?
10. What city was Oak Creek Canyon near?
11. On one (and possibly) three sides of L'Amour's family, how many generations have been in America?
12. How old was Fa-hien when he died?
13. How many Nobel Prize winners did L'Amour believe wrote in "Story."
14. In the Adobe Walls fight, how many buffalo hunters fought off Comanche and Kiowa warriors?
15. In what region did many of the black empires exist?
Short Answer Questions
1. What writer and naturalist was on the spot when the New Madrid earthquake happened?
2. What book did L'Amour read by Malcom Rogers?
3. How many texts did Kumarajiva translate from Sanskrit into Chinese?
4. What was the name of the author who went to high school in L'Amour's hometown?
5. What country western singer visited Mesa Verde with L'Amour and his family?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)