|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Kumarajiva reach China?
(a) 634 A.D.
(b) 394 A.D.
(c) 401 A.D.
(d) 572 A.D.
2. How wide was the Hole-in-the-Wall in Wyoming?
(a) 1 miles.
(b) ¼ of a mile.
(c) 5 inches.
(d) 18 inches.
3. Where did L'Amour read "Burning Daylight"?
(a) While working at an old mine.
(b) On a boat in Asia.
(c) On a bus traveling through Texas.
(d) While working at a factory.
4. Who was the main character of L'Amour's novel "The Walking Drum"?
(d) William Tell Sackett.
5. How many years did it take for Flaubert to complete "Madame Bovary"?
6. Who was one of the female actresses in L'Amour's first motion picture?
(a) Marilyn Maxwell.
(b) Kim Novak.
(c) Hedy Lamarr.
(d) Jane Russell.
7. How old was Fa-hien when he died?
8. On what Indian reservation was Mancos Canyon located?
9. In what region did many of the black empires exist?
10. How old did Chris Madsen live to be?
(b) Over 90.
(c) About 80.
11. What was Professor Walter Campbell's pen name?
(a) David Andrews.
(b) Robert Peters.
(c) Michael Williams.
(d) Stanley Vestal.
12. What was the name of the small railroad that L'Amour would take to the wilderness area of Sycamore Canyon in Arizona?
(c) Pacific Northern.
13. How many days did it take when L'Amour and his fellow officers traveled on the U.S.S. Boise to get from Europe to the U.S. .
(a) 16 days
(b) 8 days.
(c) 5 days.
(d) 10 days.
14. While L'Amour was studying the Far East, how many books did he read in a year on the American West?
15. At the end of Chapter 22, what country did L'Amour mention that was invaded many times, but never invaded anyone?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did L'Amour begin writing "Education of a Wandering Man"?
2. What writer and naturalist was on the spot when the New Madrid earthquake happened?
3. What was the name of the only other ship that made the crossing during the storm L'Amour encountered on the Boise?
4. When did the Rev. Andrew Burnaby write "Through the Middle Settlements of North America"?
5. Who wrote "The Mississippi Valley Frontier"?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)