|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was one of the female actresses in L'Amour's first motion picture?
(a) Hedy Lamarr.
(b) Kim Novak.
(c) Jane Russell.
(d) Marilyn Maxwell.
2. How old did Chris Madsen live to be?
(c) About 80.
(d) Over 90.
3. At what distance did Billy Dixon shoot an Indian off his horse?
(a) ⅞ of a mile.
(b) 3/4 of a mile.
(c) 1/2 a mile.
(d) 1 mile.
4. When did Kumarajiva reach China?
(a) 634 A.D.
(b) 394 A.D.
(c) 572 A.D.
(d) 401 A.D.
5. How many short stories had L'Amour written when his first novel was published?
(b) More than 100.
(c) About 50.
6. Who was the black king of Haiti?
(a) Leon Laleau.
(b) Emile Nau.
(c) Henri Christophe. .
(d) Georges Anglade.
7. How old was Dixon when he came west?
8. How many texts did Kumarajiva translate from Sanskrit into Chinese?
(a) More than 100.
(c) About 200.
9. How many Nobel Prize winners did L'Amour believe wrote in "Story."
10. How far did L'Amour have to walk to mail his manuscripts in Chapter 15?
(a) 4 blocks.
(b) 3 miles.
(c) 1 mile.
(d) 10 blocks
11. What was the name of the small railroad that L'Amour would take to the wilderness area of Sycamore Canyon in Arizona?
(d) Pacific Northern.
12. What was Professor Walter Campbell's pen name?
(a) Michael Williams.
(b) David Andrews.
(c) Stanley Vestal.
(d) Robert Peters.
13. What book did David Buxton write that L'Amour read?
(a) The Mountains of Rasseles.
(b) A Short History of South Africa.
(c) Travels in Ethiopia.
(d) South Africa.
14. Who wrote what L'Amour considered to be the best history of Japan?
(a) George Sansom.
(b) Charles Terry.
(c) David Hampton.
(d) Robert Wyatt.
15. What is the first positive date for China's knowledge of Bali?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the latest date on a collect of eight or ten books of ancient maps that L'Amour viewed at a chateau on the outskirts of Paris?
2. Who wrote a law book that was the key to much western law?
3. On the U.S.S. Boise returning from France, where was the boy from who fascinated L'Amour with tales of his experiences in Burma and India?
4. What Chinese dynasty did L'Amour believe was one of the most glorious? .
5. When was Seri Turi Buana installed as king?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)