|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years did it take for Flaubert to complete "Madame Bovary"?
2. Who was one of the regular writers in "The Saturday Evening Post"?
(a) William Saroyan.
(b) Whit Burnett.
(c) Clarence Budgington Kelland.
(d) H. L. Mencken.
3. What writer and naturalist was on the spot when the New Madrid earthquake happened?
4. Who wrote what L'Amour considered to be the best history of Japan?
(a) Charles Terry.
(b) Robert Wyatt.
(c) David Hampton.
(d) George Sansom.
5. Who was the Navajo artist whose painting appeared on L'Amour's book, "The Haunted Mesa"?
(a) Jerome Bushyhead.
(b) Urshel Taylor.
(c) Cliff Brycelea.
(d) Dana Tiger.
6. Where did L'Amour read "Taras Bulba"?
7. How wide was the Hole-in-the-Wall in Wyoming?
(a) 1 miles.
(b) 18 inches.
(c) ¼ of a mile.
(d) 5 inches.
8. When did I-Tsing make a pilgrimage to India and the islands to study Buddhism?
(a) 672-692 A.D.
(b) 345-375 A.D.
(c) 234 A.D.
(d) 539 A.D.
9. Who wrote "Ancient Geography of India"?
10. Where did L'Amour believe that a half-caste brother and sister he met in Shanghai died?
11. How much did Singapore Charlie weigh?
(a) 300 pounds.
(b) 280 pounds.
(c) 95 pounds.
(d) 250 pounds.
12. On one (and possibly) three sides of L'Amour's family, how many generations have been in America?
13. What is the first positive date for China's knowledge of Bali?
14. When was it said that paper was invented?
15. Who wrote "The Mississippi Valley Frontier"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the only other ship that made the crossing during the storm L'Amour encountered on the Boise?
2. How many Nobel Prize winners did L'Amour believe wrote in "Story."
3. What city was Oak Creek Canyon near?
4. What book did David Buxton write that L'Amour read?
5. What Chinese dynasty did L'Amour believe was one of the most glorious? .
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)