|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Goethe begin writing "Faust"?
2. When was L'Amour's great-grandfather killed and scalped?
3. How many days was L'Amour supposed to work a claim in Chapter 7?
4. Who was L'Amour's first employer?
(a) Western Union.
(b) The local newspaper.
(c) Standard Oil.
(d) A grocery store.
5. Where did L'Amour have a suitcase stolen?
(a) Chino Valley.
(b) Ash Fork.
6. In Chapter 4, where was the machinist from who was headed to a job in El Paso?
(b) St. Petersburg.
7. Where did the shipwreck take place that was written about in Shakespeare's "Tempest"?
(a) Puerto Rico.
8. Who was the only author L'Amour knew that wrote about hunger from experience?
(a) Anatole France.
(b) Knut Hamsun.
(c) Sigrid Undset.
(d) Henri Bergson.
9. How long did a boy tell L'Amour that Arabs had been in the East Indies?
(a) 1,000 years.
(b) 400 years.
(c) 750 years.
(d) 500 years.
10. How many rounds might L'Amour go in a day with Pete before he met Billy?
11. What did L'Amour read in Klamath Falls, Oregon?
(a) The Brothers Karamazov.
(b) House of the Dead.
(c) Crime and Punishment.
(d) Poor Folk.
12. On three occasions, how long did L'Amour go without eating anything?
(a) 5 days.
(b) 2 days.
(c) 4 days.
(d) 3 days.
13. Where was L'Amour working in Klamath Falls, Oregon?
14. How many holes for concrete piers could most men dig?
(d) 2 ½.
15. Where was Pete Petrolle from?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Professor Percival Lowell study Mars?
2. How old was Pete Boering when L'Amour met him?
3. What was the name of the boxing magazine published in St. Paul?
4. Where did L'Amour eat breakfast with an old man who gave him a ride in Chapter 4?
5. How many books were in the reading room of the Seaman's Institute?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)