|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book by Jack London prepared L'Amour for rejection?
(a) The Call of the Wild.
(b) White Fang.
(c) Martin Eden.
(d) John Barleycorn.
2. What author did L'Amour think he might emulate at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) James Fennimore Cooper.
(b) Nathaniel Hawthorne.
(c) Earnest Hemingway.
(d) Joseph Conrad.
3. How many days was L'Amour supposed to work a claim in Chapter 7?
4. How much gold was L'Amour able to pan when he was at the mine?
5. How many books did a woman have that Russian Joe Smith lived with in China?
6. How old was L'Amour when he obtained his first job?
7. What was one of the first books L'Amour remembered reading?
(a) The Deerslayer.
(b) Treasure Island.
(c) Twice Told Tales.
8. What was the nationality of the man who was able to dig 4 holes a day for concrete piers along with L'Amour?
9. Where did the shipwreck take place that was written about in Shakespeare's "Tempest"?
(c) Puerto Rico.
10. In September, how high would temperatures get in the desert?
11. When was "Erewhon" written?
12. What did L'Amour drink after his walk from Death Valley?
13. What did L'Amour use to kill rabbits at his parents' new home?
(a) .22 rifle.
14. How many acres did the home have that L'Amour brought his parents to after they left Oregon?
15. Where was the first place that L'Amour looked for a job in Los Angeles?
(c) Grocery store.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long was Doubtful Canyon?
2. What did L'Amour eat out of a can after he damaged the Model T?
3. About how fast was L'Amour able to walk after he damaged the Model T?
4. In Chapter 12, how much did an Irishman loan L'Amour?
5. Where did L'Amour have a suitcase stolen?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)