|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many miles did L'Amour walk in Chapter 4 before a large old man gave him a ride?
2. Who did L'Amour work out with a few times at the YMCA gym?
(a) Mike O'Dowd.
(b) Labe Safro.
(c) Kid Graves.
(d) Mike GIbbons.
3. How far did L'Amour travel with his boss when he went to work on a claim in Chapter 7?
(a) 70 miles.
(b) 55 miles.
(c) 68 miles.
(d) 35 miles.
4. After registering with the Marine Services Bureau, how long did L'Amour discover it might take before he would get a job?
(a) 4 weeks.
(b) 8 weeks.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 6 months.
5. What did L'Amour read in Klamath Falls, Oregon?
(a) The Brothers Karamazov.
(b) Crime and Punishment.
(c) Poor Folk.
(d) House of the Dead.
6. Where had L'Amour planned to go after he got his parents settled? .
(a) New Orleans
(b) San Diego.
(c) New York.
7. What was one of the first books L'Amour remembered reading?
(a) Twice Told Tales.
(b) Treasure Island.
(c) The Deerslayer.
8. How long after Peterson was taken by the Apaches did he partake in a war party?
(a) 7 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 6 years.
(d) 4 years.
9. How many holes for concrete piers could most men dig?
(a) 2 ½.
10. How long was Doubtful Canyon?
(a) 15 miles.
(b) 8-10 miles.
(c) 9 miles.
(d) 3-5 miles.
11. In Chapter 4, where was the machinist from who was headed to a job in El Paso?
(b) St. Petersburg.
12. Where did L'Amour go after his suitcase was stolen?
(c) Santa Clara.
13. Where did L'Amour eat breakfast with an old man who gave him a ride in Chapter 4?
14. How much gold was L'Amour able to pan when he was at the mine?
15. How many books were in the reading room of the Seaman's Institute?
Short Answer Questions
1. What author did L'Amour think he might emulate at the end of Chapter 6?
2. How many books did L'Amour have in his personal library?
3. What did L'Amour eat out of a can after he damaged the Model T?
4. What author was L'Amour reading when a pedantic professor gave him a ride?
5. At the time L'Amour wrote the book, at how many universities and colleges had he lectured?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)