|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did L'Amour read in Klamath Falls, Oregon?
(a) Poor Folk.
(b) The Brothers Karamazov.
(c) Crime and Punishment.
(d) House of the Dead.
2. In Chapter 4, where was the machinist from who was headed to a job in El Paso?
(d) St. Petersburg.
3. What book of Kipling's did L'Amour buy from Dulfakir?
(a) The Jungle Book.
(b) The Elephant's Child.
(c) Just So Stories.
(d) Departmental Ditties.
4. How many volumes of books by Alexandre Dumas did L'Amour find on the shelves of the library?
5. How old was an old man named Peterson who told L'Amour a story?
6. How many books did L'Amour have in his personal library?
7. How long did a boy tell L'Amour that Arabs had been in the East Indies?
(a) 500 years.
(b) 1,000 years.
(c) 400 years.
(d) 750 years.
8. When was "Erewhon" written?
9. From what fort did Custer's men leave before the Battle at Little Bighorn?
10. Where did Russian Joe Smith get picked up?
11. Where did L'Amour have a suitcase stolen?
(a) Ash Fork.
(d) Chino Valley.
12. Where did L'Amour go to high school?
(b) North Dakota.
(d) South Dakota.
13. What instrument did Harry Warren (Shorty) play?
14. Who was the only author L'Amour knew that wrote about hunger from experience?
(a) Knut Hamsun.
(b) Sigrid Undset.
(c) Anatole France.
(d) Henri Bergson.
15. In September, how high would temperatures get in the desert?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the magazine that published the first modern stories of science fiction?
2. When did Goethe begin writing "Faust"?
3. When did Crook fight a battle with the Indians as L'Amour mentioned in Chapter 13?
4. Where was L'Amour working in Klamath Falls, Oregon?
5. How many books and plays did L'Amour read in 1930?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)