|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did L'Amour go to high school?
(b) South Dakota.
(d) North Dakota.
2. How old was L'Amour when he made his first attempt at creative writing?
3. Near what peak did the Apache that Peterson lived with plan to attack?
4. Where had L'Amour planned to go after he got his parents settled? .
(b) New Orleans
(c) New York.
(d) San Diego.
5. When did Sun-tzu write about the basic principles of military strategy?
(a) 500 A.D.
(b) 500 B.C.
(c) 1,000 B.C.
(d) 1,000 A.D.
6. How many volumes of books by Alexandre Dumas did L'Amour find on the shelves of the library?
7. What animal did Cheng Ho bring back from Africa for the emperor's zoo?
8. During the year that L'Amour kept track of the books he read, how many did he read while waiting for people?
9. After L'Amour ate his only can of food, how far was it to the town where he was headed?
(a) 45 miles.
(b) 35 miles.
(c) 40 miles.
(d) 30 miles.
10. How many books were in the reading room of the Seaman's Institute?
11. How many white men died in the stagecoach attack that Peterson described?
12. What author was L'Amour reading when a pedantic professor gave him a ride?
13. Where was Pete Petrolle from?
14. What was the name of the boxing magazine published in St. Paul?
(a) The Fighter.
(b) Sparring Partner.
(c) Boxing Blade.
(d) The Gazette.
15. At the time L'Amour wrote the book, at how many universities and colleges had he lectured?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the only author L'Amour knew that wrote about hunger from experience?
2. Where did the shipwreck take place that was written about in Shakespeare's "Tempest"?
3. Who taught L'Amour how to use a six-shooter?
4. Where was the first place that L'Amour looked for a job in Los Angeles?
5. What did L'Amour use to kill rabbits at his parents' new home?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)