|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did L'Amour work out with a few times at the YMCA gym?
(a) Kid Graves.
(b) Mike O'Dowd.
(c) Mike GIbbons.
(d) Labe Safro.
2. What did L'Amour drink after his walk from Death Valley?
3. Who was L'Amour's first employer?
(a) A grocery store.
(b) Standard Oil.
(c) Western Union.
(d) The local newspaper.
4. When was "Erewhon" written?
5. At the time of the writing of the book, how long were L'Amour and the Irishman who loaned him money friends?
(a) 38 years.
(b) 60 years.
(c) 58 years.
(d) 25 years.
6. In what battle was General George Crook fought to a standstill?
(a) Battle of the Rosebud.
(b) Battle of Beecher Island.
(c) Battle of Cibecue.
(d) Battle of Infernal Caverns.
7. How many sandwiches did L'Amour eat a day when he was saving up to buy books by Russell, Baldwin, and Chase?
8. What book of Kipling's did L'Amour buy from Dulfakir?
(a) The Jungle Book.
(b) Departmental Ditties.
(c) The Elephant's Child.
(d) Just So Stories.
9. When did Goethe begin writing "Faust"?
10. What was the name of the boxing magazine published in St. Paul?
(a) The Gazette.
(b) Boxing Blade.
(c) The Fighter.
(d) Sparring Partner.
11. What was the usual occupation of the last man who tried to stay at the mine?
12. How many books did L'Amour have in his personal library?
13. Who taught L'Amour how to use a six-shooter?
(a) Jim Newman.
(b) John Hicks.
(c) Charles Allison.
(d) Bill Tilghman.
14. How much had the man L'Amour worked for in Chapter 7 spent on his mine so far?
15. What was L'Amour's father's occupation?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many books did a woman have that Russian Joe Smith lived with in China?
2. What did L'Amour eat out of a can after he damaged the Model T?
3. When did Sun-tzu write about the basic principles of military strategy?
4. What was one of the first books L'Amour remembered reading?
5. During the year that L'Amour kept track of the books he read, how many did he read while waiting for people?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)