|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did L'Amour have a suitcase stolen?
(c) Ash Fork.
(d) Chino Valley.
2. Where was L'Amour working in Klamath Falls, Oregon?
3. How many volumes of books by Alexandre Dumas did L'Amour find on the shelves of the library?
4. What was the usual occupation of the last man who tried to stay at the mine?
5. What canyon did L'Amour want to see in Chapter 4?
6. In Chapter 12, how much did an Irishman loan L'Amour?
7. After registering with the Marine Services Bureau, how long did L'Amour discover it might take before he would get a job?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 8 weeks.
(d) 4 weeks.
8. What did L'Amour hit in Chapter 8?
9. Where did most of the stories in "Arabian Nights" originate?
10. Where did Pete's manager own and operate a cafe?
11. When did Goethe begin writing "Faust"?
12. In what mountains was the claim where L'Amour worked in Chapter 7?
(a) Santa Cruz.
(c) Owl's Head.
13. What was one of the first books L'Amour remembered reading?
(a) Treasure Island.
(c) Twice Told Tales.
(d) The Deerslayer.
14. What book by Jack London prepared L'Amour for rejection?
(a) The Call of the Wild.
(b) John Barleycorn.
(c) White Fang.
(d) Martin Eden.
15. During the year that L'Amour kept track of the books he read, how many did he read while waiting for people?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who taught L'Amour how to use a six-shooter?
2. How many books were in the reading room of the Seaman's Institute?
3. Where did Professor Percival Lowell study Mars?
4. How long did L'Amour spend in Los Angeles?
5. After L'Amour ate his only can of food, how far was it to the town where he was headed?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)