|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Crook fight a battle with the Indians as L'Amour mentioned in Chapter 13?
(a) July 24.
(b) May 12.
(c) June 17.
(d) April 2.
2. Where did L'Amour go after his suitcase was stolen?
(c) Santa Clara.
3. What did L'Amour eat out of a can after he damaged the Model T?
4. How many holes for concrete piers could most men dig?
(d) 2 ½.
5. In Chapter 11, how much did Modern Library editions cost?
(a) 95 cents.
(c) 75 cents.
6. How many leghorn chickens were at the mine where L'Amour worked in Chapter 6?
7. How old was L'Amour when he met Pete?
8. About how fast was L'Amour able to walk after he damaged the Model T?
(a) 3 mph.
(b) 1/2 mph.
(c) 2 mph.
(d) 1 mph.
9. What author was L'Amour reading when a pedantic professor gave him a ride?
10. Where did Russian Joe Smith get picked up?
11. Where was Pete Petrolle from?
12. How long did the last caretaker of the mine last before he quit?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 8 days.
(c) 4 weeks.
(d) 5 days.
13. How old was L'Amour when he made his first attempt at creative writing?
14. In September, how high would temperatures get in the desert?
15. Where had L'Amour planned to go after he got his parents settled? .
(a) New Orleans
(c) San Diego.
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was L'Amour's father's occupation?
2. What was one of the first books L'Amour remembered reading?
3. Where did L'Amour eat breakfast with an old man who gave him a ride in Chapter 4?
4. Where did Pete's manager own and operate a cafe?
5. Where did L'Amour send a review of the book "Anthony Adverse"?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)