|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was L'Amour when he left school?
2. How much did "Little Blue Books" cost?
(a) 5 or 10 cents.
(b) 10 or 15 cents.
(c) 50 cents.
(d) 25 cents.
3. What did L'Amour hit in Chapter 8?
4. What did the old man have in the mine he wanted L'Amour to work in in Chapter 7?
5. After registering with the Marine Services Bureau, how long did L'Amour discover it might take before he would get a job?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 4 weeks.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 8 weeks.
6. What was L'Amour's father's occupation?
7. After L'Amour ate his only can of food, how far was it to the town where he was headed?
(a) 45 miles.
(b) 30 miles.
(c) 40 miles.
(d) 35 miles.
8. What did L'Amour drink after his walk from Death Valley?
9. Where did L'Amour have his first and worst bout with seasickness?
(a) Cape Hatteras.
(d) West Indies.
10. How many sandwiches did L'Amour eat a day when he was saving up to buy books by Russell, Baldwin, and Chase?
11. In Chapter 1, when was L'Amour in Singapore?
(a) March 18.
(b) April 12.
(c) June 3.
(d) May 14.
12. Where did Russian Joe Smith get picked up?
13. In what battle was General George Crook fought to a standstill?
(a) Battle of Beecher Island.
(b) Battle of the Rosebud.
(c) Battle of Infernal Caverns.
(d) Battle of Cibecue.
14. Where did L'Amour have a suitcase stolen?
(b) Ash Fork.
(c) Chino Valley.
15. About how fast was L'Amour able to walk after he damaged the Model T?
(a) 1 mph.
(b) 1/2 mph.
(c) 3 mph.
(d) 2 mph.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was L'Amour when he met Pete?
2. How old was L'Amour when he made his first attempt at creative writing?
3. In what mountains was the claim where L'Amour worked in Chapter 7?
4. When was L'Amour's great-grandfather killed and scalped?
5. During the year that L'Amour kept track of the books he read, how many did he read while waiting for people?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)