|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did L'Amour drink after his walk from Death Valley?
2. Where did Pete's manager own and operate a cafe?
3. When was "Erewhon" written?
4. In what mountains was the claim where L'Amour worked in Chapter 7?
(c) Santa Cruz.
(d) Owl's Head.
5. What did L'Amour read in Klamath Falls, Oregon?
(a) Poor Folk.
(b) The Brothers Karamazov.
(c) Crime and Punishment.
(d) House of the Dead.
6. Who was the only author L'Amour knew that wrote about hunger from experience?
(a) Knut Hamsun.
(b) Sigrid Undset.
(c) Anatole France.
(d) Henri Bergson.
7. How tall was L'Amour as an adult?
(a) 7 feet 1 inch.
(b) 6 feet 2 inches.
(c) 6 feet 4 inches.
(d) 5 feet. 11 inches.
8. Where did L'Amour work in a veneer plant?
9. How many acres did the home have that L'Amour brought his parents to after they left Oregon?
10. During the year that L'Amour kept track of the books he read, how many did he read while waiting for people?
11. Where did the shipwreck take place that was written about in Shakespeare's "Tempest"?
(c) Puerto Rico.
12. How long did L'Amour spend in Los Angeles?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 4 days.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 3 days.
13. Where did L'Amour met a group of university professors in the 1920s who were exciting, stimulating, and fun?
(a) University of Iowa.
(b) University of Missouri.
(c) University of Oklahoma.
(d) University of Michigan.
14. At the time L'Amour wrote the book, at how many universities and colleges had he lectured?
15. What was L'Amour's father's occupation?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Professor Percival Lowell study Mars?
2. In September, how high would temperatures get in the desert?
3. What was the usual occupation of the last man who tried to stay at the mine?
4. How many books did a woman have that Russian Joe Smith lived with in China?
5. How long did the last caretaker of the mine last before he quit?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)