|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did L'Amour send a review of the book "Anthony Adverse"?
(a) Sunday Oklahoman.
(b) Oklahoma Constitution.
(c) Journal Tribune.
(d) Journal Record.
2. What did the old man have in the mine he wanted L'Amour to work in in Chapter 7?
3. In Chapter 12, how much did an Irishman loan L'Amour?
4. From what fort did Custer's men leave before the Battle at Little Bighorn?
5. In what mountains was the claim where L'Amour worked in Chapter 7?
(a) Santa Cruz.
(d) Owl's Head.
6. During the year that L'Amour kept track of the books he read, how many did he read while waiting for people?
7. Where did L'Amour go after his suitcase was stolen?
(a) Santa Clara.
8. After L'Amour ate his only can of food, how far was it to the town where he was headed?
(a) 30 miles.
(b) 45 miles.
(c) 35 miles.
(d) 40 miles.
9. How many books and plays did L'Amour read in 1930?
10. What did L'Amour drink after his walk from Death Valley?
11. What book of Kipling's did L'Amour buy from Dulfakir?
(a) Departmental Ditties.
(b) The Jungle Book.
(c) The Elephant's Child.
(d) Just So Stories.
12. How long did a boy tell L'Amour that Arabs had been in the East Indies?
(a) 750 years.
(b) 1,000 years.
(c) 400 years.
(d) 500 years.
13. Where did the shipwreck take place that was written about in Shakespeare's "Tempest"?
(d) Puerto Rico.
14. Where did L'Amour have a suitcase stolen?
(b) Ash Fork.
(c) Chino Valley.
15. Who did L'Amour work out with a few times at the YMCA gym?
(a) Kid Graves.
(b) Labe Safro.
(c) Mike GIbbons.
(d) Mike O'Dowd.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal did Cheng Ho bring back from Africa for the emperor's zoo?
2. What author was L'Amour reading when a pedantic professor gave him a ride?
3. When did Goethe finish the second part of "Faust"?
4. How many holes for concrete piers could most men dig?
5. How much did "Little Blue Books" cost?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)