|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did L'Amour read in Klamath Falls, Oregon?
(a) Crime and Punishment.
(b) The Brothers Karamazov.
(c) House of the Dead.
(d) Poor Folk.
2. In Chapter 11, how much did Modern Library editions cost?
(b) 75 cents.
(d) 95 cents.
3. Where had L'Amour planned to go after he got his parents settled? .
(a) New Orleans
(c) San Diego.
(d) New York.
4. Where did Pete's manager own and operate a cafe?
5. In September, how high would temperatures get in the desert?
6. How old was Pete Boering when L'Amour met him?
7. Near what peak did the Apache that Peterson lived with plan to attack?
8. How many books were in the reading room of the Seaman's Institute?
9. How long did the last caretaker of the mine last before he quit?
(a) 5 days.
(b) 4 weeks.
(c) 8 days.
(d) 2 weeks.
10. When was L'Amour's great-grandfather killed and scalped?
11. From what fort did Custer's men leave before the Battle at Little Bighorn?
12. In what mountains was the claim where L'Amour worked in Chapter 7?
(a) Santa Cruz.
(c) Owl's Head.
13. What did the old man have in the mine he wanted L'Amour to work in in Chapter 7?
14. How many holes for concrete piers could most men dig?
(d) 2 ½.
15. Where was the first place that L'Amour looked for a job in Los Angeles?
(a) Grocery store.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the magazine that published the first modern stories of science fiction?
2. How many days was L'Amour supposed to work a claim in Chapter 7?
3. How many books and plays did L'Amour read in 1930?
4. When did Goethe finish the second part of "Faust"?
5. What was L'Amour's father's occupation?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)