|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many holes for concrete piers could most men dig?
(b) 2 ½.
2. Where did the shipwreck take place that was written about in Shakespeare's "Tempest"?
(d) Puerto Rico.
3. Where was Pete Petrolle from?
4. Where was L'Amour working in Klamath Falls, Oregon?
5. When did Goethe finish the second part of "Faust"?
6. How many books were in the reading room of the Seaman's Institute?
7. How many books did L'Amour have in his personal library?
8. How many books did a woman have that Russian Joe Smith lived with in China?
9. How much had the man L'Amour worked for in Chapter 7 spent on his mine so far?
10. How long did the last caretaker of the mine last before he quit?
(a) 5 days.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 8 days.
(d) 4 weeks.
11. When was "Erewhon" written?
12. Where had L'Amour planned to go after he got his parents settled? .
(a) New York.
(b) San Diego.
(d) New Orleans
13. How old was L'Amour when he left school?
14. How many sandwiches did L'Amour eat a day when he was saving up to buy books by Russell, Baldwin, and Chase?
15. What book of Kipling's did L'Amour buy from Dulfakir?
(a) The Jungle Book.
(b) Departmental Ditties.
(c) The Elephant's Child.
(d) Just So Stories.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did most of the stories in "Arabian Nights" originate?
2. Where did L'Amour have a suitcase stolen?
3. In Chapter 1, when was L'Amour in Singapore?
4. Where did L'Amour go after his suitcase was stolen?
5. How many days was L'Amour supposed to work a claim in Chapter 7?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)