|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Muhammed Dulfakir's shop located?
(a) Main St.
(b) Wyatt St.
(c) High St.
(d) Baker St.
2. In what battle was General George Crook fought to a standstill?
(a) Battle of the Rosebud.
(b) Battle of Cibecue.
(c) Battle of Infernal Caverns.
(d) Battle of Beecher Island.
3. What book by Jack London prepared L'Amour for rejection?
(a) Martin Eden.
(b) John Barleycorn.
(c) White Fang.
(d) The Call of the Wild.
4. What author was L'Amour reading when a pedantic professor gave him a ride?
5. When did Goethe begin writing "Faust"?
6. How tall was L'Amour as an adult?
(a) 7 feet 1 inch.
(b) 5 feet. 11 inches.
(c) 6 feet 2 inches.
(d) 6 feet 4 inches.
7. Where did L'Amour go to high school?
(a) North Dakota.
(d) South Dakota.
8. What Indian territory surrounded Stein's Pass?
9. How many days was L'Amour supposed to work a claim in Chapter 7?
10. Where did L'Amour go after his suitcase was stolen?
(b) Santa Clara.
11. How many acres did the home have that L'Amour brought his parents to after they left Oregon?
12. Where had L'Amour planned to go after he got his parents settled? .
(a) San Diego.
(c) New Orleans
(d) New York.
13. When did Sun-tzu write about the basic principles of military strategy?
(a) 500 A.D.
(b) 1,000 B.C.
(c) 500 B.C.
(d) 1,000 A.D.
14. How old was L'Amour when he obtained his first job?
15. How old was Pete Boering when L'Amour met him?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did L'Amour have a suitcase stolen?
2. What was L'Amour's father's occupation?
3. Where did L'Amour send a review of the book "Anthony Adverse"?
4. About how fast was L'Amour able to walk after he damaged the Model T?
5. What was the usual occupation of the last man who tried to stay at the mine?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)