|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was L'Amour when he obtained his first job?
2. When did Goethe finish the second part of "Faust"?
3. Where had L'Amour planned to go after he got his parents settled? .
(a) New Orleans
(b) New York.
(c) San Diego.
4. About how fast was L'Amour able to walk after he damaged the Model T?
(a) 2 mph.
(b) 1 mph.
(c) 3 mph.
(d) 1/2 mph.
5. How many volumes of books by Alexandre Dumas did L'Amour find on the shelves of the library?
6. How long was Doubtful Canyon?
(a) 15 miles.
(b) 8-10 miles.
(c) 3-5 miles.
(d) 9 miles.
7. Where did L'Amour go after his suitcase was stolen?
(b) Santa Clara.
8. In what mountains was the claim where L'Amour worked in Chapter 7?
(c) Santa Cruz.
(d) Owl's Head.
9. What did L'Amour drink after his walk from Death Valley?
10. How many books did a woman have that Russian Joe Smith lived with in China?
11. Where was Pete Petrolle from?
12. When did Crook fight a battle with the Indians as L'Amour mentioned in Chapter 13?
(a) May 12.
(b) June 17.
(c) July 24.
(d) April 2.
13. What instrument did Harry Warren (Shorty) play?
14. How long did the last caretaker of the mine last before he quit?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 8 days.
(c) 5 days.
(d) 4 weeks.
15. Where did Pete's manager own and operate a cafe?
Short Answer Questions
1. What author was L'Amour reading when a pedantic professor gave him a ride?
2. What was one of the first books L'Amour remembered reading?
3. What was L'Amour's father's occupation?
4. What did L'Amour hit in Chapter 8?
5. How many books did L'Amour have in his personal library?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)