|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did L'Amour believe was the best book to come out of World War I?
(a) The Case of Sergeant Grischa.
(b) All Quiet on the Western Front.
(c) Undertones of War.
(d) The Long Weekend.
2. How many rounds might L'Amour go in a day with Pete before he met Billy?
3. Where did L'Amour met a group of university professors in the 1920s who were exciting, stimulating, and fun?
(a) University of Michigan.
(b) University of Missouri.
(c) University of Iowa.
(d) University of Oklahoma.
4. From what fort did Custer's men leave before the Battle at Little Bighorn?
5. How long was Doubtful Canyon?
(a) 8-10 miles.
(b) 3-5 miles.
(c) 15 miles.
(d) 9 miles.
6. When did Goethe begin writing "Faust"?
7. What was the name of the magazine that published the first modern stories of science fiction?
(a) Weird Tales.
(b) Science and Invention.
(c) Amazing Stories.
(d) Science: fact and fiction.
8. How many white men died in the stagecoach attack that Peterson described?
9. Where did L'Amour work in a veneer plant?
10. Where was L'Amour working in Klamath Falls, Oregon?
11. In Chapter 4, where was the machinist from who was headed to a job in El Paso?
(a) St. Petersburg.
12. What author was L'Amour reading when a pedantic professor gave him a ride?
13. What book by Jack London prepared L'Amour for rejection?
(a) Martin Eden.
(b) White Fang.
(c) The Call of the Wild.
(d) John Barleycorn.
14. What did L'Amour eat out of a can after he damaged the Model T?
15. How much did "Little Blue Books" cost?
(a) 5 or 10 cents.
(b) 25 cents.
(c) 10 or 15 cents.
(d) 50 cents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument did Harry Warren (Shorty) play?
2. What book of Kipling's did L'Amour buy from Dulfakir?
3. What was one of the first books L'Amour remembered reading?
4. Where did most of the stories in "Arabian Nights" originate?
5. When was L'Amour's great-grandfather killed and scalped?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)