|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did the last caretaker of the mine last before he quit?
(a) 4 weeks.
(b) 5 days.
(c) 8 days.
(d) 2 weeks.
2. What did L'Amour hit in Chapter 8?
3. In Chapter 4, where was the machinist from who was headed to a job in El Paso?
(c) St. Petersburg.
4. How many books and plays did L'Amour read in 1930?
5. How many acres did the home have that L'Amour brought his parents to after they left Oregon?
6. How many books were in the reading room of the Seaman's Institute?
7. Where did L'Amour have a suitcase stolen?
(c) Chino Valley.
(d) Ash Fork.
8. In Chapter 11, how much did Modern Library editions cost?
(b) 95 cents.
(d) 75 cents.
9. In what battle was General George Crook fought to a standstill?
(a) Battle of the Rosebud.
(b) Battle of Cibecue.
(c) Battle of Beecher Island.
(d) Battle of Infernal Caverns.
10. When did Sun-tzu write about the basic principles of military strategy?
(a) 1,000 B.C.
(b) 500 A.D.
(c) 1,000 A.D.
(d) 500 B.C.
11. What was the nationality of the man who was able to dig 4 holes a day for concrete piers along with L'Amour?
12. Where did most of the stories in "Arabian Nights" originate?
13. Where was L'Amour working in Klamath Falls, Oregon?
14. At the time L'Amour wrote the book, at how many universities and colleges had he lectured?
15. How many miles did L'Amour walk in Chapter 4 before a large old man gave him a ride?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the usual occupation of the last man who tried to stay at the mine?
2. When did Goethe finish the second part of "Faust"?
3. Where was Pete Petrolle from?
4. In what mountains was the claim where L'Amour worked in Chapter 7?
5. How long did L'Amour spend in Los Angeles?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)