|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Near what peak did the Apache that Peterson lived with plan to attack?
2. Where did L'Amour work in a veneer plant?
3. In what mountains was the claim where L'Amour worked in Chapter 7?
(b) Santa Cruz.
(c) Owl's Head.
4. What Indian territory surrounded Stein's Pass?
5. Where did L'Amour met a group of university professors in the 1920s who were exciting, stimulating, and fun?
(a) University of Michigan.
(b) University of Missouri.
(c) University of Iowa.
(d) University of Oklahoma.
6. At the time of the writing of the book, how long were L'Amour and the Irishman who loaned him money friends?
(a) 25 years.
(b) 60 years.
(c) 58 years.
(d) 38 years.
7. What canyon did L'Amour want to see in Chapter 4?
8. How many white men died in the stagecoach attack that Peterson described?
9. How many volumes of books by Alexandre Dumas did L'Amour find on the shelves of the library?
10. Where did Professor Percival Lowell study Mars?
11. What did L'Amour believe was the best book to come out of World War I?
(a) The Case of Sergeant Grischa.
(b) Undertones of War.
(c) All Quiet on the Western Front.
(d) The Long Weekend.
12. In Chapter 4, where was the machinist from who was headed to a job in El Paso?
(a) St. Petersburg.
13. How long was Doubtful Canyon?
(a) 3-5 miles.
(b) 15 miles.
(c) 8-10 miles.
(d) 9 miles.
14. Where was Pete Petrolle from?
15. Where did L'Amour go to high school?
(b) South Dakota.
(d) North Dakota.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was an old man named Peterson who told L'Amour a story?
2. When did Goethe begin writing "Faust"?
3. How many books and plays did L'Amour read in 1930?
4. When did Sun-tzu write about the basic principles of military strategy?
5. What instrument did Harry Warren (Shorty) play?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)