|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was L'Amour working in Klamath Falls, Oregon?
2. How long was Doubtful Canyon?
(a) 15 miles.
(b) 3-5 miles.
(c) 8-10 miles.
(d) 9 miles.
3. When did Goethe finish the second part of "Faust"?
4. How many days was L'Amour supposed to work a claim in Chapter 7?
5. How long did L'Amour spend in Los Angeles?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 4 days.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 3 days.
6. What did L'Amour hit in Chapter 8?
7. How long did a boy tell L'Amour that Arabs had been in the East Indies?
(a) 500 years.
(b) 1,000 years.
(c) 750 years.
(d) 400 years.
8. How much gold was L'Amour able to pan when he was at the mine?
9. How fast would a camel travel?
(a) 10 mph.
(b) 1 to 2 mph.
(c) 2 ½ to 3 mph.
(d) 4 mph.
10. Where did L'Amour work in a veneer plant?
11. How many books did L'Amour have in his personal library?
12. In September, how high would temperatures get in the desert?
13. At the time of the writing of the book, how long were L'Amour and the Irishman who loaned him money friends?
(a) 60 years.
(b) 58 years.
(c) 25 years.
(d) 38 years.
14. Where was Muhammed Dulfakir's shop located?
(a) Main St.
(b) High St.
(c) Baker St.
(d) Wyatt St.
15. How old was L'Amour when he met Pete?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many books and plays did L'Amour read in 1930?
2. Where did L'Amour go to high school?
3. Who taught L'Amour how to use a six-shooter?
4. In Chapter 11, how much did Modern Library editions cost?
5. In what battle was General George Crook fought to a standstill?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)