|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, when was L'Amour in Singapore?
(a) March 18.
(b) April 12.
(c) June 3.
(d) May 14.
2. How long was Doubtful Canyon?
(a) 9 miles.
(b) 15 miles.
(c) 8-10 miles.
(d) 3-5 miles.
3. When did Goethe finish the second part of "Faust"?
4. What author did L'Amour think he might emulate at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) Joseph Conrad.
(b) Nathaniel Hawthorne.
(c) Earnest Hemingway.
(d) James Fennimore Cooper.
5. Where was Muhammed Dulfakir's shop located?
(a) Main St.
(b) Wyatt St.
(c) High St.
(d) Baker St.
6. In Chapter 4, where was the machinist from who was headed to a job in El Paso?
(c) St. Petersburg.
7. How old was Pete Boering when L'Amour met him?
8. Where did the shipwreck take place that was written about in Shakespeare's "Tempest"?
(b) Puerto Rico.
9. When was "Erewhon" written?
10. Where did L'Amour have a suitcase stolen?
(b) Ash Fork.
(c) Chino Valley.
11. Where did L'Amour work in a veneer plant?
12. What did L'Amour drink after his walk from Death Valley?
13. Near what peak did the Apache that Peterson lived with plan to attack?
14. What did L'Amour believe was the best book to come out of World War I?
(a) All Quiet on the Western Front.
(b) The Long Weekend.
(c) Undertones of War.
(d) The Case of Sergeant Grischa.
15. How old was L'Amour when he met Pete?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did a boy tell L'Amour that Arabs had been in the East Indies?
2. Where was the first place that L'Amour looked for a job in Los Angeles?
3. Where was Pete Petrolle from?
4. What was one of the first books L'Amour remembered reading?
5. What was L'Amour's father's occupation?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)