|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did L'Amour eat out of a can after he damaged the Model T?
2. How much gold was L'Amour able to pan when he was at the mine?
3. Where did L'Amour have a suitcase stolen?
(a) Chino Valley.
(c) Ash Fork.
4. Where did L'Amour work in a veneer plant?
5. In what mountains was the claim where L'Amour worked in Chapter 7?
(a) Santa Cruz.
(c) Owl's Head.
6. Where did L'Amour go to high school?
(a) North Dakota.
(c) South Dakota.
7. In September, how high would temperatures get in the desert?
8. How long was Doubtful Canyon?
(a) 3-5 miles.
(b) 15 miles.
(c) 9 miles.
(d) 8-10 miles.
9. How tall was L'Amour as an adult?
(a) 6 feet 4 inches.
(b) 6 feet 2 inches.
(c) 7 feet 1 inch.
(d) 5 feet. 11 inches.
10. In Chapter 4, where was the machinist from who was headed to a job in El Paso?
(d) St. Petersburg.
11. About how fast was L'Amour able to walk after he damaged the Model T?
(a) 3 mph.
(b) 1/2 mph.
(c) 1 mph.
(d) 2 mph.
12. What canyon did L'Amour want to see in Chapter 4?
13. How many books were in the reading room of the Seaman's Institute?
14. How much had the man L'Amour worked for in Chapter 7 spent on his mine so far?
15. How many days was L'Amour supposed to work a claim in Chapter 7?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Russian Joe Smith get picked up?
2. How old was L'Amour when he obtained his first job?
3. Who did L'Amour work out with a few times at the YMCA gym?
4. From what fort did Custer's men leave before the Battle at Little Bighorn?
5. What was L'Amour's father's occupation?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)