|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Pete Petrolle from?
2. What was the name of the boxing magazine published in St. Paul?
(a) The Gazette.
(b) The Fighter.
(c) Sparring Partner.
(d) Boxing Blade.
3. Where was the first place that L'Amour looked for a job in Los Angeles?
(c) Grocery store.
4. What animal did Cheng Ho bring back from Africa for the emperor's zoo?
5. What canyon did L'Amour want to see in Chapter 4?
6. How many books did L'Amour have in his personal library?
7. How old was L'Amour when he made his first attempt at creative writing?
8. Where did L'Amour have his first and worst bout with seasickness?
(a) West Indies.
(b) Cape Hatteras.
9. Who was L'Amour's first employer?
(a) A grocery store.
(b) Standard Oil.
(c) Western Union.
(d) The local newspaper.
10. In what battle was General George Crook fought to a standstill?
(a) Battle of the Rosebud.
(b) Battle of Cibecue.
(c) Battle of Infernal Caverns.
(d) Battle of Beecher Island.
11. Where did Pete's manager own and operate a cafe?
12. How long after Peterson was taken by the Apaches did he partake in a war party?
(a) 6 years.
(b) 7 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 4 years.
13. When was L'Amour's great-grandfather killed and scalped?
14. When did Goethe begin writing "Faust"?
15. Where was Muhammed Dulfakir's shop located?
(a) Wyatt St.
(b) High St.
(c) Baker St.
(d) Main St.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Sun-tzu write about the basic principles of military strategy?
2. How tall was L'Amour as an adult?
3. How many sandwiches did L'Amour eat a day when he was saving up to buy books by Russell, Baldwin, and Chase?
4. In Chapter 12, how much did an Irishman loan L'Amour?
5. Where did the shipwreck take place that was written about in Shakespeare's "Tempest"?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)