|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 27 and 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 22, what country did L'Amour mention that was invaded many times, but never invaded anyone?
2. Where was Pete Petrolle from?
3. What desert did a part of five monks travel through in A.D. 399?
4. What was the latest date on a collect of eight or ten books of ancient maps that L'Amour viewed at a chateau on the outskirts of Paris?
5. Who was one of the millionaires of the Comstock Lode that L'Amour said walked into Virginia City broken and left with $200 million?
(a) Emanuel Penrod.
(b) John Mackay.
(c) Peter O'Riley.
(d) Pat McLaughlin.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 11, how much did Modern Library editions cost?
2. What book by Jack London prepared L'Amour for rejection?
3. Who wrote "The Mississippi Valley Frontier"?
4. What author did L'Amour think he might emulate at the end of Chapter 6?
5. What did L'Amour drink after his walk from Death Valley?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)