|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 27 and 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Kumarajiva reach China?
(a) 634 A.D.
(b) 401 A.D.
(c) 572 A.D.
(d) 394 A.D.
2. Who was L'Amour's first employer?
(a) Standard Oil.
(b) The local newspaper.
(c) Western Union.
(d) A grocery store.
3. In Chapter 4, where was the machinist from who was headed to a job in El Paso?
(a) St. Petersburg.
4. Who wrote "The Army of the Future"?
(b) De Gaulle.
5. Who was the only author L'Amour knew that wrote about hunger from experience?
(a) Anatole France.
(b) Knut Hamsun.
(c) Sigrid Undset.
(d) Henri Bergson.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was L'Amour on a small ship off the Florida coast when a hurricane ripped Miami?
2. How many men did Alexander have in his army?
3. How old was L'Amour when he left school?
4. In what mountains was the claim where L'Amour worked in Chapter 7?
5. What Chinese dynasty did L'Amour believe was one of the most glorious? .
This section contains 150 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)