|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 27 and 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the author who went to high school in L'Amour's hometown?
(a) Maxwell Anderson.
(b) W. H. Auden.
(c) Louis MacNeice.
(d) E. E. Kellett.
2. How many days did it usually take the U.S.S. Boise to travel from Europe to the U.S.?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 5-6 days.
(c) 10 days.
(d) 4-4 ½ days.
3. How many leghorn chickens were at the mine where L'Amour worked in Chapter 6?
4. When did Goethe finish the second part of "Faust"?
5. What did L'Amour use to kill rabbits at his parents' new home?
(d) .22 rifle.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far did L'Amour travel with his boss when he went to work on a claim in Chapter 7?
2. How old was Fa-hien when he died?
3. Where did L'Amour attend Officers' Candidate School?
4. Who operated the Brown Derby in Hollywood?
5. When was L'Amour's great-grandfather killed and scalped?
This section contains 151 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)