|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 27 and 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 12, how much did an Irishman loan L'Amour?
2. What city was Oak Creek Canyon near?
3. When did the Rev. Andrew Burnaby write "Through the Middle Settlements of North America"?
4. While L'Amour was studying the Far East, how many books did he read in a year on the American West?
5. When did Sun-tzu write about the basic principles of military strategy?
(a) 1,000 A.D.
(b) 500 A.D.
(c) 500 B.C.
(d) 1,000 B.C.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was it said that paper was invented?
2. What was the usual occupation of the last man who tried to stay at the mine?
3. In what mountains was the claim where L'Amour worked in Chapter 7?
4. What was the nationality of the man who was able to dig 4 holes a day for concrete piers along with L'Amour?
5. What was the name of the small railroad that L'Amour would take to the wilderness area of Sycamore Canyon in Arizona?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)