|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 27 and 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was L'Amour working in Klamath Falls, Oregon?
2. Who was the Navajo artist whose painting appeared on L'Amour's book, "The Haunted Mesa"?
(a) Urshel Taylor.
(b) Dana Tiger.
(c) Jerome Bushyhead.
(d) Cliff Brycelea.
3. While L'Amour was studying the Far East, how many books did he read in a year on the American West?
4. When did Crook fight a battle with the Indians as L'Amour mentioned in Chapter 13?
(a) May 12.
(b) July 24.
(c) June 17.
(d) April 2.
5. What writer and naturalist was on the spot when the New Madrid earthquake happened?
Short Answer Questions
1. How large is the desert of Taklamakan?
2. Where did L'Amour read "Taras Bulba"?
3. In September, how high would temperatures get in the desert?
4. Who wrote "The Mississippi Valley Frontier"?
5. At the time L'Amour wrote the book, at how many universities and colleges had he lectured?
This section contains 161 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)