|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 27 and 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years did it take for Flaubert to complete "Madame Bovary"?
2. How many days did it take when L'Amour and his fellow officers traveled on the U.S.S. Boise to get from Europe to the U.S. .
(a) 10 days.
(b) 5 days.
(c) 16 days
(d) 8 days.
3. Where did L'Amour's first contact in Shanghai come from?
(c) The Station.
(d) The Riot.
4. What book by Byron might have been found on L'Amour's bookshelves?
(a) The Love Poems.
(b) A Romantic's Passion.
(c) Childe Harold.
(d) Child of Passion.
5. How many days did it usually take the U.S.S. Boise to travel from Europe to the U.S.?
(a) 4-4 ½ days.
(b) 5-6 days.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 10 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. When were the Wolfville stories written?
2. On the U.S.S. Boise returning from France, where was the boy from who fascinated L'Amour with tales of his experiences in Burma and India?
3. When did L'Amour sell his first short story for cash?
4. Who operated the Brown Derby in Hollywood?
5. On three occasions, how long did L'Amour go without eating anything?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)