|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23 and 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much did Singapore Charlie weigh?
(a) 95 pounds.
(b) 250 pounds.
(c) 280 pounds.
(d) 300 pounds.
2. What was the name of the magazine that published the first modern stories of science fiction?
(a) Science and Invention.
(b) Science: fact and fiction.
(c) Weird Tales.
(d) Amazing Stories.
3. What was the name of the boxing magazine published in St. Paul?
(a) Sparring Partner.
(b) Boxing Blade.
(c) The Gazette.
(d) The Fighter.
4. How many holes for concrete piers could most men dig?
(c) 2 ½.
5. On three occasions, how long did L'Amour go without eating anything?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 5 days.
(c) 2 days.
(d) 4 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the usual occupation of the last man who tried to stay at the mine?
2. Who was the main character of L'Amour's novel "The Walking Drum"?
3. Where did L'Amour work in a veneer plant?
4. In Chapter 12, how much did an Irishman loan L'Amour?
5. What did the old man have in the mine he wanted L'Amour to work in in Chapter 7?
This section contains 161 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)