|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23 and 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did a boy tell L'Amour that Arabs had been in the East Indies?
(a) 750 years.
(b) 400 years.
(c) 1,000 years.
(d) 500 years.
2. What was L'Amour's father's occupation?
3. Where had L'Amour planned to go after he got his parents settled? .
(a) New York.
(c) San Diego.
(d) New Orleans
4. At the end of Chapter 22, what country did L'Amour mention that was invaded many times, but never invaded anyone?
5. How many books were in the reading room of the Seaman's Institute?
Short Answer Questions
1. On what Indian reservation was Mancos Canyon located?
2. How old was L'Amour when he left school?
3. Whose translation of the Shah-nama did L'Amour prefer?
4. When did Goethe begin writing "Faust"?
5. In what year was L'Amour on a small ship off the Florida coast when a hurricane ripped Miami?
This section contains 144 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)