|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23 and 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much gold was L'Amour able to pan when he was at the mine?
2. What country was Chris Madsen from?
3. How many years did it take for Flaubert to complete "Madame Bovary"?
4. Where did L'Amour met a group of university professors in the 1920s who were exciting, stimulating, and fun?
(a) University of Iowa.
(b) University of Oklahoma.
(c) University of Michigan.
(d) University of Missouri.
5. How fast would a camel travel?
(a) 1 to 2 mph.
(b) 2 ½ to 3 mph.
(c) 4 mph.
(d) 10 mph.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the black king of Haiti?
2. In Chapter 4, where was the machinist from who was headed to a job in El Paso?
3. How long did L'Amour spend in Los Angeles?
4. What is the first positive date for China's knowledge of Bali?
5. When did the Rev. Andrew Burnaby write "Through the Middle Settlements of North America"?
This section contains 153 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)