|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23 and 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many acres did the home have that L'Amour brought his parents to after they left Oregon?
2. What Indian territory surrounded Stein's Pass?
3. What author did L'Amour think he might emulate at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) Nathaniel Hawthorne.
(b) Joseph Conrad.
(c) Earnest Hemingway.
(d) James Fennimore Cooper.
4. Where was the small journal published that published some of L'Amour's poetry in Chapter 15?
(b) Emory University.
(d) Simpson College.
5. When did I-Tsing make a pilgrimage to India and the islands to study Buddhism?
(a) 345-375 A.D.
(b) 234 A.D.
(c) 539 A.D.
(d) 672-692 A.D.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the year that L'Amour kept track of the books he read, how many did he read while waiting for people?
2. What was the name of the small railroad that L'Amour would take to the wilderness area of Sycamore Canyon in Arizona?
3. How fast would a camel travel?
4. Who was the black king of Haiti?
5. What book did L'Amour read by Malcom Rogers?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)