|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23 and 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book of Kipling's did L'Amour buy from Dulfakir?
(a) Just So Stories.
(b) Departmental Ditties.
(c) The Jungle Book.
(d) The Elephant's Child.
2. Where did L'Amour begin writing "Education of a Wandering Man"?
(a) Hong Kong.
3. How much had the man L'Amour worked for in Chapter 7 spent on his mine so far?
4. Where did L'Amour met a group of university professors in the 1920s who were exciting, stimulating, and fun?
(a) University of Iowa.
(b) University of Michigan.
(c) University of Oklahoma.
(d) University of Missouri.
5. At the time of the writing of the book, how long were L'Amour and the Irishman who loaned him money friends?
(a) 58 years.
(b) 25 years.
(c) 38 years.
(d) 60 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the shipwreck take place that was written about in Shakespeare's "Tempest"?
2. When did L'Amour sell his first short story for cash?
3. How many books did L'Amour have in his personal library?
4. How many miles did L'Amour walk in Chapter 4 before a large old man gave him a ride?
5. Was the the name of L'Amour's first novel?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)