|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23 and 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did L'Amour attend Officers' Candidate School?
(a) Fort Bliss.
(b) Fort Worth.
(c) Camp Robinson.
(d) Camp Hood.
2. When did Goethe finish the second part of "Faust"?
3. What was one of the first books L'Amour remembered reading?
(a) Treasure Island.
(c) Twice Told Tales.
(d) The Deerslayer.
4. In what battle was General George Crook fought to a standstill?
(a) Battle of Cibecue.
(b) Battle of the Rosebud.
(c) Battle of Infernal Caverns.
(d) Battle of Beecher Island.
5. How many short stories had L'Amour written when his first novel was published?
(a) More than 100.
(c) About 50.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many bronze stars was L'Amour awarded?
2. In September, how high would temperatures get in the desert?
3. How many acres did the home have that L'Amour brought his parents to after they left Oregon?
4. What book of Kipling's did L'Amour buy from Dulfakir?
5. How many years did it take for Flaubert to complete "Madame Bovary"?
This section contains 150 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)