|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the time L'Amour wrote the book, at how many universities and colleges had he lectured?
2. When did Sun-tzu write about the basic principles of military strategy?
(a) 1,000 B.C.
(b) 500 B.C.
(c) 500 A.D.
(d) 1,000 A.D.
3. What instrument did Harry Warren (Shorty) play?
4. At the time of the writing of the book, how long were L'Amour and the Irishman who loaned him money friends?
(a) 58 years.
(b) 60 years.
(c) 25 years.
(d) 38 years.
5. What animal did Cheng Ho bring back from Africa for the emperor's zoo?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many books did a woman have that Russian Joe Smith lived with in China?
2. How long after Peterson was taken by the Apaches did he partake in a war party?
3. Where did L'Amour believe that a half-caste brother and sister he met in Shanghai died?
4. What was one of the first books L'Amour remembered reading?
5. Where did L'Amour settle down to try to become a writer?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)