|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the magazine that published the first modern stories of science fiction?
(a) Weird Tales.
(b) Science: fact and fiction.
(c) Science and Invention.
(d) Amazing Stories.
2. About how fast was L'Amour able to walk after he damaged the Model T?
(a) 2 mph.
(b) 1 mph.
(c) 1/2 mph.
(d) 3 mph.
3. Where did L'Amour have a suitcase stolen?
(b) Chino Valley.
(d) Ash Fork.
4. In Chapter 11, how much did Modern Library editions cost?
(a) 75 cents.
(c) 95 cents.
5. At the time L'Amour wrote the book, at how many universities and colleges had he lectured?
Short Answer Questions
1. Was the the name of L'Amour's first novel?
2. Who did L'Amour work out with a few times at the YMCA gym?
3. What was the name of the only other ship that made the crossing during the storm L'Amour encountered on the Boise?
4. At the time of the writing of the book, how long were L'Amour and the Irishman who loaned him money friends?
5. How many days was L'Amour supposed to work a claim in Chapter 7?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)