|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where had L'Amour planned to go after he got his parents settled? .
(a) San Diego.
(c) New York.
(d) New Orleans
2. How long did a boy tell L'Amour that Arabs had been in the East Indies?
(a) 750 years.
(b) 400 years.
(c) 500 years.
(d) 1,000 years.
3. In what mountains was the claim where L'Amour worked in Chapter 7?
(b) Owl's Head.
(d) Santa Cruz.
4. Whose translation of the Shah-nama did L'Amour prefer?
(a) Reuben Levy.
(b) William Wright.
(c) Peter Davidson.
(d) Andrew Barett.
5. How much had the man L'Amour worked for in Chapter 7 spent on his mine so far?
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal did Cheng Ho bring back from Africa for the emperor's zoo?
2. Where did L'Amour eat breakfast with an old man who gave him a ride in Chapter 4?
3. In September, how high would temperatures get in the desert?
4. During the year that L'Amour kept track of the books he read, how many did he read while waiting for people?
5. How many Nobel Prize winners did L'Amour believe wrote in "Story."
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)