|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What author did L'Amour think he might emulate at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) Earnest Hemingway.
(b) James Fennimore Cooper.
(c) Joseph Conrad.
(d) Nathaniel Hawthorne.
2. In September, how high would temperatures get in the desert?
3. What Indian territory surrounded Stein's Pass?
4. How many sandwiches did L'Amour eat a day when he was saving up to buy books by Russell, Baldwin, and Chase?
5. Where did L'Amour go after his suitcase was stolen?
(b) Santa Clara.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did L'Amour have a suitcase stolen?
2. What did L'Amour read in Klamath Falls, Oregon?
3. What canyon did L'Amour want to see in Chapter 4?
4. When did Goethe finish the second part of "Faust"?
5. Where did the shipwreck take place that was written about in Shakespeare's "Tempest"?
This section contains 150 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)