|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days did it take when L'Amour and his fellow officers traveled on the U.S.S. Boise to get from Europe to the U.S. .
(a) 5 days.
(b) 8 days.
(c) 16 days
(d) 10 days.
2. When did Sun-tzu write about the basic principles of military strategy?
(a) 500 B.C.
(b) 1,000 A.D.
(c) 1,000 B.C.
(d) 500 A.D.
3. Who wrote the book that L'Amour had in his back pocket when he met Gillespie?
4. During the year that L'Amour kept track of the books he read, how many did he read while waiting for people?
5. What was one of the first books L'Amour remembered reading?
(b) Treasure Island.
(c) The Deerslayer.
(d) Twice Told Tales.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book by Jack London prepared L'Amour for rejection?
2. Who was L'Amour's first employer?
3. How many rounds might L'Amour go in a day with Pete before he met Billy?
4. What was the name of the author who went to high school in L'Amour's hometown?
5. Where did L'Amour have his first and worst bout with seasickness?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)