|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what mountains was the claim where L'Amour worked in Chapter 7?
(c) Owl's Head.
(d) Santa Cruz.
2. How much did "Little Blue Books" cost?
(a) 25 cents.
(b) 5 or 10 cents.
(c) 10 or 15 cents.
(d) 50 cents.
3. Who was one of the regular writers in "The Saturday Evening Post"?
(a) Clarence Budgington Kelland.
(b) Whit Burnett.
(c) H. L. Mencken.
(d) William Saroyan.
4. In Chapter 1, when was L'Amour in Singapore?
(a) May 14.
(b) March 18.
(c) April 12.
(d) June 3.
5. Who was the main character of L'Amour's novel "The Walking Drum"?
(a) William Tell Sackett.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old did Chris Madsen live to be?
2. Where did Pete's manager own and operate a cafe?
3. Where did Professor Percival Lowell study Mars?
4. What was the usual occupation of the last man who tried to stay at the mine?
5. Where did L'Amour met a group of university professors in the 1920s who were exciting, stimulating, and fun?
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)