|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the old man have in the mine he wanted L'Amour to work in in Chapter 7?
2. How many days was L'Amour supposed to work a claim in Chapter 7?
3. How many holes for concrete piers could most men dig?
(b) 2 ½.
4. What was the usual occupation of the last man who tried to stay at the mine?
5. What author was L'Amour reading when a pedantic professor gave him a ride?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, when was L'Amour in Singapore?
2. How many leghorn chickens were at the mine where L'Amour worked in Chapter 6?
3. How many books were in the reading room of the Seaman's Institute?
4. How old was an old man named Peterson who told L'Amour a story?
5. Where did L'Amour go to high school?
This section contains 144 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)