|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did L'Amour drink after his walk from Death Valley?
2. Where did most of the stories in "Arabian Nights" originate?
3. What author did L'Amour think he might emulate at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) Nathaniel Hawthorne.
(b) James Fennimore Cooper.
(c) Joseph Conrad.
(d) Earnest Hemingway.
4. What was the name of the boxing magazine published in St. Paul?
(a) The Fighter.
(b) Sparring Partner.
(c) Boxing Blade.
(d) The Gazette.
5. Who was L'Amour's first employer?
(a) Western Union.
(b) Standard Oil.
(c) The local newspaper.
(d) A grocery store.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did L'Amour go after his suitcase was stolen?
2. What Indian territory surrounded Stein's Pass?
3. Where was Pete Petrolle from?
4. Where did Professor Percival Lowell study Mars?
5. How much did "Little Blue Books" cost?
This section contains 142 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)