|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the year that L'Amour kept track of the books he read, how many did he read while waiting for people?
2. What author did L'Amour think he might emulate at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) Joseph Conrad.
(b) James Fennimore Cooper.
(c) Nathaniel Hawthorne.
(d) Earnest Hemingway.
3. How much did "Little Blue Books" cost?
(a) 5 or 10 cents.
(b) 10 or 15 cents.
(c) 50 cents.
(d) 25 cents.
4. Where did L'Amour go to high school?
(c) South Dakota.
(d) North Dakota.
5. In September, how high would temperatures get in the desert?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was L'Amour's great-grandfather killed and scalped?
2. What canyon did L'Amour want to see in Chapter 4?
3. How many books were in the reading room of the Seaman's Institute?
4. Where did L'Amour go after his suitcase was stolen?
5. Where was Muhammed Dulfakir's shop located?
This section contains 141 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)