|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Russian Joe Smith get picked up?
2. What was the name of the magazine that published the first modern stories of science fiction?
(a) Science and Invention.
(b) Amazing Stories.
(c) Weird Tales.
(d) Science: fact and fiction.
3. What instrument did Harry Warren (Shorty) play?
4. How many books did a woman have that Russian Joe Smith lived with in China?
5. How much did "Little Blue Books" cost?
(a) 10 or 15 cents.
(b) 5 or 10 cents.
(c) 50 cents.
(d) 25 cents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What author was L'Amour reading when a pedantic professor gave him a ride?
2. Where was Muhammed Dulfakir's shop located?
3. Where did L'Amour met a group of university professors in the 1920s who were exciting, stimulating, and fun?
4. Where did the shipwreck take place that was written about in Shakespeare's "Tempest"?
5. On three occasions, how long did L'Amour go without eating anything?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)