|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did L'Amour read in Klamath Falls, Oregon?
(a) House of the Dead.
(b) The Brothers Karamazov.
(c) Crime and Punishment.
(d) Poor Folk.
2. Where did L'Amour work in a veneer plant?
3. In Chapter 11, how much did Modern Library editions cost?
(c) 95 cents.
(d) 75 cents.
4. Who was L'Amour's first employer?
(a) The local newspaper.
(b) Standard Oil.
(c) A grocery store.
(d) Western Union.
5. Who did L'Amour work out with a few times at the YMCA gym?
(a) Labe Safro.
(b) Kid Graves.
(c) Mike O'Dowd.
(d) Mike GIbbons.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many miles did L'Amour walk in Chapter 4 before a large old man gave him a ride?
2. Where did most of the stories in "Arabian Nights" originate?
3. What was one of the first books L'Amour remembered reading?
4. What author did L'Amour think he might emulate at the end of Chapter 6?
5. Where did Professor Percival Lowell study Mars?
This section contains 161 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)