|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the boxing magazine published in St. Paul?
(a) The Gazette.
(b) The Fighter.
(c) Sparring Partner.
(d) Boxing Blade.
2. What book by Jack London prepared L'Amour for rejection?
(a) John Barleycorn.
(b) The Call of the Wild.
(c) White Fang.
(d) Martin Eden.
3. How many days was L'Amour supposed to work a claim in Chapter 7?
4. Who was the only author L'Amour knew that wrote about hunger from experience?
(a) Knut Hamsun.
(b) Henri Bergson.
(c) Sigrid Undset.
(d) Anatole France.
5. Where did L'Amour work in a veneer plant?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the magazine that published the first modern stories of science fiction?
2. In September, how high would temperatures get in the desert?
3. Who was L'Amour's first employer?
4. Where did L'Amour met a group of university professors in the 1920s who were exciting, stimulating, and fun?
5. Where did Professor Percival Lowell study Mars?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)