|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument did Harry Warren (Shorty) play?
2. About how fast was L'Amour able to walk after he damaged the Model T?
(a) 3 mph.
(b) 1/2 mph.
(c) 1 mph.
(d) 2 mph.
3. When did Goethe begin writing "Faust"?
4. Where did L'Amour met a group of university professors in the 1920s who were exciting, stimulating, and fun?
(a) University of Oklahoma.
(b) University of Missouri.
(c) University of Michigan.
(d) University of Iowa.
5. Who was the only author L'Amour knew that wrote about hunger from experience?
(a) Sigrid Undset.
(b) Anatole France.
(c) Knut Hamsun.
(d) Henri Bergson.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 11, how much did Modern Library editions cost?
2. How long did a boy tell L'Amour that Arabs had been in the East Indies?
3. Where was Muhammed Dulfakir's shop located?
4. In what mountains was the claim where L'Amour worked in Chapter 7?
5. Where did Professor Percival Lowell study Mars?
This section contains 158 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)