|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the magazine that published the first modern stories of science fiction?
(a) Weird Tales.
(b) Science and Invention.
(c) Science: fact and fiction.
(d) Amazing Stories.
2. What did L'Amour read in Klamath Falls, Oregon?
(a) Crime and Punishment.
(b) The Brothers Karamazov.
(c) Poor Folk.
(d) House of the Dead.
3. Who was the only author L'Amour knew that wrote about hunger from experience?
(a) Knut Hamsun.
(b) Anatole France.
(c) Henri Bergson.
(d) Sigrid Undset.
4. How much did "Little Blue Books" cost?
(a) 10 or 15 cents.
(b) 5 or 10 cents.
(c) 50 cents.
(d) 25 cents.
5. How long after Peterson was taken by the Apaches did he partake in a war party?
(a) 6 years.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 7 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many books were in the reading room of the Seaman's Institute?
2. Where did L'Amour eat breakfast with an old man who gave him a ride in Chapter 4?
3. How much gold was L'Amour able to pan when he was at the mine?
4. Where did L'Amour have his first and worst bout with seasickness?
5. What book of Kipling's did L'Amour buy from Dulfakir?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)