|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much gold was L'Amour able to pan when he was at the mine?
2. What animal did Cheng Ho bring back from Africa for the emperor's zoo?
3. What did L'Amour drink after his walk from Death Valley?
4. Where was Muhammed Dulfakir's shop located?
(a) Main St.
(b) Wyatt St.
(c) Baker St.
(d) High St.
5. Where did L'Amour met a group of university professors in the 1920s who were exciting, stimulating, and fun?
(a) University of Iowa.
(b) University of Oklahoma.
(c) University of Missouri.
(d) University of Michigan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did L'Amour eat breakfast with an old man who gave him a ride in Chapter 4?
2. What was the name of the magazine that published the first modern stories of science fiction?
3. Where was Pete Petrolle from?
4. What book by Jack London prepared L'Amour for rejection?
5. How many books did a woman have that Russian Joe Smith lived with in China?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)