|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Indian territory surrounded Stein's Pass?
2. What author did L'Amour think he might emulate at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) Joseph Conrad.
(b) James Fennimore Cooper.
(c) Earnest Hemingway.
(d) Nathaniel Hawthorne.
3. How many rounds might L'Amour go in a day with Pete before he met Billy?
4. Where did L'Amour go after his suitcase was stolen?
(d) Santa Clara.
5. In September, how high would temperatures get in the desert?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Goethe finish the second part of "Faust"?
2. What was the name of the magazine that published the first modern stories of science fiction?
3. When was L'Amour's great-grandfather killed and scalped?
4. How old was L'Amour when he met Pete?
5. In what mountains was the claim where L'Amour worked in Chapter 7?
This section contains 139 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)