|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was L'Amour's father's occupation?
2. How tall was L'Amour as an adult?
(a) 5 feet. 11 inches.
(b) 6 feet 2 inches.
(c) 6 feet 4 inches.
(d) 7 feet 1 inch.
3. How many leghorn chickens were at the mine where L'Amour worked in Chapter 6?
4. Where did L'Amour have his first and worst bout with seasickness?
(b) Cape Hatteras.
(d) West Indies.
5. What author did L'Amour think he might emulate at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) Joseph Conrad.
(b) Nathaniel Hawthorne.
(c) James Fennimore Cooper.
(d) Earnest Hemingway.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the magazine that published the first modern stories of science fiction?
2. When did Goethe begin writing "Faust"?
3. During the year that L'Amour kept track of the books he read, how many did he read while waiting for people?
4. What Indian territory surrounded Stein's Pass?
5. On three occasions, how long did L'Amour go without eating anything?
This section contains 155 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)