|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the magazine that published the first modern stories of science fiction?
(a) Amazing Stories.
(b) Weird Tales.
(c) Science: fact and fiction.
(d) Science and Invention.
2. What book by Jack London prepared L'Amour for rejection?
(a) Martin Eden.
(b) White Fang.
(c) John Barleycorn.
(d) The Call of the Wild.
3. In Chapter 1, when was L'Amour in Singapore?
(a) March 18.
(b) May 14.
(c) April 12.
(d) June 3.
4. What Indian territory surrounded Stein's Pass?
5. In September, how high would temperatures get in the desert?
Short Answer Questions
1. During the year that L'Amour kept track of the books he read, how many did he read while waiting for people?
2. Where did the shipwreck take place that was written about in Shakespeare's "Tempest"?
3. How many books were in the reading room of the Seaman's Institute?
4. Where was the first place that L'Amour looked for a job in Los Angeles?
5. How many miles did L'Amour walk in Chapter 4 before a large old man gave him a ride?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)