|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument did Harry Warren (Shorty) play?
2. What author did L'Amour think he might emulate at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) Nathaniel Hawthorne.
(b) Earnest Hemingway.
(c) James Fennimore Cooper.
(d) Joseph Conrad.
3. How much did "Little Blue Books" cost?
(a) 50 cents.
(b) 10 or 15 cents.
(c) 25 cents.
(d) 5 or 10 cents.
4. After L'Amour ate his only can of food, how far was it to the town where he was headed?
(a) 35 miles.
(b) 40 miles.
(c) 45 miles.
(d) 30 miles.
5. What was the name of the magazine that published the first modern stories of science fiction?
(a) Science and Invention.
(b) Science: fact and fiction.
(c) Weird Tales.
(d) Amazing Stories.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was L'Amour's father's occupation?
2. In September, how high would temperatures get in the desert?
3. On three occasions, how long did L'Amour go without eating anything?
4. How long was Doubtful Canyon?
5. In Chapter 4, where was the machinist from who was headed to a job in El Paso?
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)