|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was L'Amour's father's occupation?
2. What canyon did L'Amour want to see in Chapter 4?
3. In September, how high would temperatures get in the desert?
4. What author did L'Amour think he might emulate at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) Earnest Hemingway.
(b) Nathaniel Hawthorne.
(c) James Fennimore Cooper.
(d) Joseph Conrad.
5. What instrument did Harry Warren (Shorty) play?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Pete's manager own and operate a cafe?
2. Near what peak did the Apache that Peterson lived with plan to attack?
3. What did L'Amour drink after his walk from Death Valley?
4. How many rounds might L'Amour go in a day with Pete before he met Billy?
5. Where did L'Amour go after his suitcase was stolen?
This section contains 138 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)