|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Pete Petrolle from?
2. How old was L'Amour when he left school?
3. Who was the only author L'Amour knew that wrote about hunger from experience?
(a) Anatole France.
(b) Henri Bergson.
(c) Knut Hamsun.
(d) Sigrid Undset.
4. How many volumes of books by Alexandre Dumas did L'Amour find on the shelves of the library?
5. Who did L'Amour work out with a few times at the YMCA gym?
(a) Mike O'Dowd.
(b) Kid Graves.
(c) Mike GIbbons.
(d) Labe Safro.
Short Answer Questions
1. On three occasions, how long did L'Amour go without eating anything?
2. Where did L'Amour have his first and worst bout with seasickness?
3. What was one of the first books L'Amour remembered reading?
4. What instrument did Harry Warren (Shorty) play?
5. How much did "Little Blue Books" cost?
This section contains 150 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)