|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the only author L'Amour knew that wrote about hunger from experience?
(a) Sigrid Undset.
(b) Knut Hamsun.
(c) Anatole France.
(d) Henri Bergson.
2. How old was Pete Boering when L'Amour met him?
3. When was L'Amour's great-grandfather killed and scalped?
4. Who was L'Amour's first employer?
(a) The local newspaper.
(b) A grocery store.
(c) Western Union.
(d) Standard Oil.
5. What was one of the first books L'Amour remembered reading?
(a) The Deerslayer.
(b) Treasure Island.
(d) Twice Told Tales.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, where was the machinist from who was headed to a job in El Paso?
2. What was L'Amour's father's occupation?
3. What canyon did L'Amour want to see in Chapter 4?
4. What Indian territory surrounded Stein's Pass?
5. What book by Jack London prepared L'Amour for rejection?
This section contains 143 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)