|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument did Harry Warren (Shorty) play?
2. Who was L'Amour's first employer?
(a) Standard Oil.
(b) A grocery store.
(c) The local newspaper.
(d) Western Union.
3. On three occasions, how long did L'Amour go without eating anything?
(a) 2 days.
(b) 4 days.
(c) 5 days.
(d) 3 days.
4. In Chapter 1, when was L'Amour in Singapore?
(a) May 14.
(b) April 12.
(c) March 18.
(d) June 3.
5. Where did L'Amour read "Don Juan"?
(a) In a restaurant.
(b) On an Arab dhow.
(c) In a library.
(d) On a beach.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, where was the machinist from who was headed to a job in El Paso?
2. How much did "Little Blue Books" cost?
3. Where did Pete's manager own and operate a cafe?
4. During the year that L'Amour kept track of the books he read, how many did he read while waiting for people?
5. Where did the shipwreck take place that was written about in Shakespeare's "Tempest"?
This section contains 157 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)