|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, when was L'Amour in Singapore?
(a) June 3.
(b) May 14.
(c) April 12.
(d) March 18.
2. What was the name of the magazine that published the first modern stories of science fiction?
(a) Science and Invention.
(b) Science: fact and fiction.
(c) Amazing Stories.
(d) Weird Tales.
3. Where did L'Amour have his first and worst bout with seasickness?
(a) West Indies.
(c) Cape Hatteras.
4. What instrument did Harry Warren (Shorty) play?
5. What was the name of the boxing magazine published in St. Paul?
(a) Sparring Partner.
(b) Boxing Blade.
(c) The Fighter.
(d) The Gazette.
Short Answer Questions
1. On three occasions, how long did L'Amour go without eating anything?
2. How old was Pete Boering when L'Amour met him?
3. What was one of the first books L'Amour remembered reading?
4. How much did "Little Blue Books" cost?
5. How many rounds might L'Amour go in a day with Pete before he met Billy?
This section contains 156 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)