|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23 and 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did L'Amour sell his first short story for cash?
2. What book by Byron might have been found on L'Amour's bookshelves?
(a) A Romantic's Passion.
(b) Child of Passion.
(c) The Love Poems.
(d) Childe Harold.
3. Where did L'Amour believe that a half-caste brother and sister he met in Shanghai died?
4. At what distance did Billy Dixon shoot an Indian off his horse?
(a) ⅞ of a mile.
(b) 1/2 a mile.
(c) 3/4 of a mile.
(d) 1 mile.
5. What was the name of the magazine that published the first modern stories of science fiction?
(a) Science and Invention.
(b) Weird Tales.
(c) Amazing Stories.
(d) Science: fact and fiction.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days did it take when L'Amour and his fellow officers traveled on the U.S.S. Boise to get from Europe to the U.S. .
2. Where did L'Amour begin writing "Education of a Wandering Man"?
3. How many Nobel Prize winners did L'Amour believe wrote in "Story."
4. Where had L'Amour planned to go after he got his parents settled? .
5. How many years did it take for Flaubert to complete "Madame Bovary"?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)