|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23 and 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book did L'Amour mention that was a somewhat pornographic Chinese novel?
(a) The Water Margin.
(b) Dream of the Red Chamber.
(c) Saving a Prostitute.
(d) Chin P'ing Mei.
2. When did I-Tsing make a pilgrimage to India and the islands to study Buddhism?
(a) 345-375 A.D.
(b) 672-692 A.D.
(c) 539 A.D.
(d) 234 A.D.
3. What animal did Cheng Ho bring back from Africa for the emperor's zoo?
4. Who wrote "Ancient Geography of India"?
5. How many books and plays did L'Amour read in 1930?
Short Answer Questions
1. After registering with the Marine Services Bureau, how long did L'Amour discover it might take before he would get a job?
2. When did the Rev. Andrew Burnaby write "Through the Middle Settlements of North America"?
3. In Chapter 11, how much did Modern Library editions cost?
4. On three occasions, how long did L'Amour go without eating anything?
5. What did L'Amour hit in Chapter 8?
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)