|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23 and 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did L'Amour have his first and worst bout with seasickness?
(a) West Indies.
(b) Cape Hatteras.
2. How many books did L'Amour have in his personal library?
3. Who taught L'Amour how to use a six-shooter?
(a) John Hicks.
(b) Charles Allison.
(c) Jim Newman.
(d) Bill Tilghman.
4. Where was the first place that L'Amour looked for a job in Los Angeles?
(d) Grocery store.
5. In Chapter 11, how much did Modern Library editions cost?
(a) 95 cents.
(c) 75 cents.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many sandwiches did L'Amour eat a day when he was saving up to buy books by Russell, Baldwin, and Chase?
2. Who was the main character of L'Amour's novel "The Walking Drum"?
3. When did Goethe begin writing "Faust"?
4. What is the first positive date for China's knowledge of Bali?
5. In what desert did L'Amour believe that the remains of an ancient civilization might be discovered?
This section contains 148 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)