|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23 and 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did L'Amour read in Klamath Falls, Oregon?
(a) Poor Folk.
(b) House of the Dead.
(c) Crime and Punishment.
(d) The Brothers Karamazov.
2. What was the name of the magazine that published the first modern stories of science fiction?
(a) Science: fact and fiction.
(b) Amazing Stories.
(c) Science and Invention.
(d) Weird Tales.
3. Where did L'Amour go after his suitcase was stolen?
(d) Santa Clara.
4. In California in the 1920s, how long was a boxing bout?
(a) 3 rounds.
(b) 6 rounds.
(c) 5 rounds.
(d) 4 rounds.
5. Who was the only author L'Amour knew that wrote about hunger from experience?
(a) Sigrid Undset.
(b) Henri Bergson.
(c) Knut Hamsun.
(d) Anatole France.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did L'Amour drink after his walk from Death Valley?
2. Where did L'Amour have a suitcase stolen?
3. In the Adobe Walls fight, how many buffalo hunters fought off Comanche and Kiowa warriors?
4. How much did Singapore Charlie weigh?
5. From what fort did Custer's men leave before the Battle at Little Bighorn?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)