|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23 and 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many holes for concrete piers could most men dig?
(b) 2 ½.
2. Where did L'Amour met a group of university professors in the 1920s who were exciting, stimulating, and fun?
(a) University of Michigan.
(b) University of Oklahoma.
(c) University of Iowa.
(d) University of Missouri.
3. In ancient times, how many ships a day might sail from the Red Sea coast of Egypt to India?
4. Where was L'Amour working in Klamath Falls, Oregon?
5. In what year was L'Amour on a small ship off the Florida coast when a hurricane ripped Miami?
Short Answer Questions
1. After registering with the Marine Services Bureau, how long did L'Amour discover it might take before he would get a job?
2. How many books did a woman have that Russian Joe Smith lived with in China?
3. Where did L'Amour's first contact in Shanghai come from?
4. How many miles did L'Amour walk in Chapter 4 before a large old man gave him a ride?
5. How much did Singapore Charlie weigh?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)