|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23 and 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many books were in the reading room of the Seaman's Institute?
2. What did L'Amour read in Klamath Falls, Oregon?
(a) House of the Dead.
(b) Poor Folk.
(c) The Brothers Karamazov.
(d) Crime and Punishment.
3. Who wrote a law book that was the key to much western law?
4. What did L'Amour hit in Chapter 8?
5. Whose translation of the Shah-nama did L'Amour prefer?
(a) Andrew Barett.
(b) Peter Davidson.
(c) William Wright.
(d) Reuben Levy.
Short Answer Questions
1. After registering with the Marine Services Bureau, how long did L'Amour discover it might take before he would get a job?
2. What book of Kipling's did L'Amour buy from Dulfakir?
3. How many books did a woman have that Russian Joe Smith lived with in China?
4. When did I-Tsing make a pilgrimage to India and the islands to study Buddhism?
5. How many rounds might L'Amour go in a day with Pete before he met Billy?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)