|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23 and 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days did it usually take the U.S.S. Boise to travel from Europe to the U.S.?
(a) 10 days.
(b) 4-4 ½ days.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 5-6 days.
2. Where did L'Amour read "Don Juan"?
(a) On a beach.
(b) On an Arab dhow.
(c) In a library.
(d) In a restaurant.
3. What animal did Cheng Ho bring back from Africa for the emperor's zoo?
4. How many holes for concrete piers could most men dig?
(a) 2 ½.
5. How many books did a woman have that Russian Joe Smith lived with in China?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Goethe finish the second part of "Faust"?
2. Who wrote what L'Amour considered to be the best history of Japan?
3. How wide was the Hole-in-the-Wall in Wyoming?
4. How old was L'Amour when he obtained his first job?
5. How long did L'Amour spend in Los Angeles?
This section contains 151 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)