|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23 and 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose translation of the Shah-nama did L'Amour prefer?
(a) Reuben Levy.
(b) Andrew Barett.
(c) William Wright.
(d) Peter Davidson.
2. What was L'Amour's first motion picture?
(b) Rear Window.
(c) Rebel Without a Cause.
(d) East of Sumatra.
3. Who wrote what L'Amour considered to be the best history of Japan?
(a) Robert Wyatt.
(b) David Hampton.
(c) George Sansom.
(d) Charles Terry.
4. What was Professor Walter Campbell's pen name?
(a) Michael Williams.
(b) Robert Peters.
(c) Stanley Vestal.
(d) David Andrews.
5. How many days did it usually take the U.S.S. Boise to travel from Europe to the U.S.?
(a) 5-6 days.
(b) 4-4 ½ days.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 10 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the small journal published that published some of L'Amour's poetry in Chapter 15?
2. What writer and naturalist was on the spot when the New Madrid earthquake happened?
3. What country was Chris Madsen from?
4. How many books did a woman have that Russian Joe Smith lived with in China?
5. What was the name of the only other ship that made the crossing during the storm L'Amour encountered on the Boise?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)