|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23 and 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal did Cheng Ho bring back from Africa for the emperor's zoo?
2. How old was Dixon when he came west?
3. Where was the small journal published that published some of L'Amour's poetry in Chapter 15?
(a) Simpson College.
(b) Emory University.
4. Where had L'Amour planned to go after he got his parents settled? .
(a) New Orleans
(c) San Diego.
(d) New York.
5. Whose translation of the Shah-nama did L'Amour prefer?
(a) Andrew Barett.
(b) Peter Davidson.
(c) Reuben Levy.
(d) William Wright.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was one of the first books L'Amour remembered reading?
2. What city was Oak Creek Canyon near?
3. Where was Muhammed Dulfakir's shop located?
4. How many books were in the reading room of the Seaman's Institute?
5. At the end of Chapter 22, what country did L'Amour mention that was invaded many times, but never invaded anyone?
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)