|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23 and 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was L'Amour's father's occupation?
2. What did L'Amour read in Klamath Falls, Oregon?
(a) House of the Dead.
(b) The Brothers Karamazov.
(c) Crime and Punishment.
(d) Poor Folk.
3. What was the name of the only other ship that made the crossing during the storm L'Amour encountered on the Boise?
4. How many holes for concrete piers could most men dig?
(c) 2 ½.
5. When did Sun-tzu write about the basic principles of military strategy?
(a) 1,000 B.C.
(b) 500 A.D.
(c) 1,000 A.D.
(d) 500 B.C.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many books and plays did L'Amour read in 1930?
2. What book by Jack London prepared L'Amour for rejection?
3. Who wrote what L'Amour considered to be the best history of Japan?
4. What canyon did L'Amour want to see in Chapter 4?
5. To whom did L'Amour believe the Roman soldiers sold their services and served as mercenaries?
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)