|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After L'Amour ate his only can of food, how far was it to the town where he was headed?
(a) 40 miles.
(b) 45 miles.
(c) 30 miles.
(d) 35 miles.
2. What was the usual occupation of the last man who tried to stay at the mine?
3. What was the name of the magazine that published the first modern stories of science fiction?
(a) Amazing Stories.
(b) Science: fact and fiction.
(c) Weird Tales.
(d) Science and Invention.
4. What did L'Amour hit in Chapter 8?
5. How old was Pete Boering when L'Amour met him?
Short Answer Questions
1. How far did L'Amour travel with his boss when he went to work on a claim in Chapter 7?
2. How old was an old man named Peterson who told L'Amour a story?
3. Where did L'Amour have his first and worst bout with seasickness?
4. How old was L'Amour when he left school?
5. How old was L'Amour when he made his first attempt at creative writing?
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)