|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far did L'Amour travel with his boss when he went to work on a claim in Chapter 7?
(a) 35 miles.
(b) 70 miles.
(c) 68 miles.
(d) 55 miles.
2. What did the old man have in the mine he wanted L'Amour to work in in Chapter 7?
3. Who was the only author L'Amour knew that wrote about hunger from experience?
(a) Knut Hamsun.
(b) Sigrid Undset.
(c) Henri Bergson.
(d) Anatole France.
4. What Indian territory surrounded Stein's Pass?
5. In Chapter 4, where was the machinist from who was headed to a job in El Paso?
(a) St. Petersburg.
Short Answer Questions
1. On three occasions, how long did L'Amour go without eating anything?
2. How old was L'Amour when he met Pete?
3. What was the name of the boxing magazine published in St. Paul?
4. Who was one of the regular writers in "The Saturday Evening Post"?
5. Who wrote the book that L'Amour had in his back pocket when he met Gillespie?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)