|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 and 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what fort did Custer's men leave before the Battle at Little Bighorn?
2. What did L'Amour hit in Chapter 8?
3. Who wrote "Ancient Geography of India"?
4. How old was Dixon when he came west?
5. When did Sun-tzu write about the basic principles of military strategy?
(a) 500 B.C.
(b) 1,000 B.C.
(c) 500 A.D.
(d) 1,000 A.D.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did L'Amour believe was the best book to come out of World War I?
2. At the time L'Amour wrote the book, at how many universities and colleges had he lectured?
3. On the U.S.S. Boise returning from France, where was the boy from who fascinated L'Amour with tales of his experiences in Burma and India?
4. After L'Amour ate his only can of food, how far was it to the town where he was headed?
5. In September, how high would temperatures get in the desert?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)