|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Pages 135 through 149.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shira undergoes a change on December 13 when she begins dancing to which Christmas song?
(a) White Christmas.
(b) Jingle Bell Rock.
(c) Silver Bells.
(d) I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus.
2. What organization gives a teaching award to Codell, as described in the April 7 entry?
(a) The National Teachers' Association.
(b) Chicago Area Reading Association.
(c) American Civil Liberties Union.
(d) The American Organization for Teaching Excellence.
3. Codell insists Mr. Turner refer to her by what title?
(a) Mrs. Esme.
(b) Mrs. Raji Codell.
(c) Ms. Esme.
(d) Ms. Codell.
4. How do older teachers react to the great effort Codell takes with preparing her classroom for the first day of school?
(a) Most think Codell has done too much, creating an overstimulating environment.
(b) The teachers applaud Codell and reward her with a Teacher of the Month award.
(c) The teachers believe Codell has done an average job, and are indifferent.
(d) Many emulate Codell's colorful bulletin boards.
5. What theme does Codell choose for her students for their Christmas assembly?
(a) Ye Olde London Christmas.
(b) A Cajun Christmas.
(c) It's a Hairy Merry Christmas.
(d) California Christmas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What subject does the student Codell makes teacher for a day choose to make a lesson from?
2. What does Codell call the subject of Math?
3. What conflict resolution does Kyle agree to with Zykrecia?
4. In Codell's reading group method, what role does the "literary luminary" play?
5. Whose mother complains about Codell insisting on buying dictionaries for the children?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)