|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Pages 135 through 149.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of music do the Slick Boys use in their assembly presentation?
(c) 1950s-style doo-wop.
(d) 1990s-style new jack swing.
2. What does Mr. Turner initially call Codell, which frustrates her?
(a) Miss Codell.
(b) Ms. Esme Raji Codell.
(c) Mrs. Cordell.
(d) Ms. Esme.
3. Why do Codell and Mr. Turner fail to secure any donations, according to the July 28th entry?
(a) Most of the businesses approached are poor, small, and highly unlikely donors.
(b) They mistakenly try to approach businesses on a holiday when most are closed.
(c) Mr. Turner is rude to potential donors.
(d) They are working off of an incorrect list of potential donors.
4. Which of the following terms best describes the manner in which Codell answers the panel in her first interview in Part I?
5. In Codell's reading group method, what role does the "discussion director" play?
(a) Making questions up about the book.
(b) Reading passages out loud.
(c) Defining difficult words in the text.
(d) Guessing what comes next in the plot of the book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Codell call the subject of Math?
2. What pop culture figure does Codell use for her "best papers" bulletin board?
3. On December 14th, older children steal which of Codell's classroom accessories?
4. Codell insists Mr. Turner refer to her by what title?
5. According to Codell, what is "education's best-kept secret"?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)