|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Pages 165 through 185.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which word best completes the following Codell phrase: So much of teaching is _____.
(b) Constructing bulletin boards.
(c) Tolerating bad behavior.
(d) Taking attendance.
2. What was Codell's impression of prostitutes on her block as a young child?
(a) Codell know about the nature of their profession and is disgusted by them.
(b) They constantly curse at Codell, and she avoids them whenever possible.
(c) Codell admires them for their bold, colorful clothing choices.
(d) Codell is tricked by her father into believing they are movie stars.
3. What film, the first classic film Codell shows, is shown in October 15?
(b) Citizen Kane.
(c) The Miracle Worker.
(d) The Bishop's Wife.
4. On December 14th, older children steal which of Codell's classroom accessories?
(a) The Thinking Cap.
(b) The Time Machine.
(c) Her roller skates.
(d) The Happy Box.
5. What activity did Codell have the class do to learn about light?
(a) Learn Morse Code by clicking flashlights on and off.
(b) Paint rainbows, showing the accurate colors of a rainbow.
(c) Stage a shadow-puppet show.
(d) Calculate the speed of light with a shoe box with a pinhole in it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first student to use the "time machine"?
2. How does Codell prepare her students for the Storytelling Festival?
3. What does Codell tell Mr. Turner about why he did not receive her classroom's inaugural newsletter?
4. How does Codell teach Melanie to control her destructive urges?
5. In Codell's reading group method, what role does the "literary luminary" play?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)