|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Pages 165 through 185.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once a week, Codell tutors Ruben in what subject?
(c) Mastery of the yo-yo.
(d) Reading comprehension.
2. Why does Codell compare teaching to an apple in her poem "How to Teach Learning"?
(a) One bad apple (student) can spoil the bunch.
(b) Learning can take many forms, like an apple can become juice or applesauce.
(c) The mind can rot, just like an apple.
(d) If a teacher makes learning like a forbidden fruit, students will want it even more, like Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden.
3. What is Ozzie's Native American name, as given to her in a naming ceremony?
(a) Boy Who Draws Like Crazy.
(b) Master of Kickball.
(c) Boy Who Wears Cool Clothes.
(d) Boy of the Many Crayons.
4. What about Mr. Turner's phone call habits irks Codell in the first few entries of the book?
(a) He yells into the receiver.
(b) He speaks for very long periods on the phone.
(c) He frequently hangs up, only to call again soon after.
(d) He calls very late, sometimes as late as 11:30 PM.
5. Which is NOT one of the ways in which Codell's class learns about Native Americans?
(a) They visit the zoo to see an American buffalo.
(b) They dress up in authentically-researched Native American clothing.
(c) They perform a rain dance.
(d) They have a guest speaker come to share Native American artifacts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What special guest(s) arrive(s) for the Storyteller Festival?
2. What is Ismene's response when Codell asks her if she is married?
3. What does prefabricated curriculum lead to, in Codell's opinion?
4. What is the purpose of the class making a patchwork quilt?
5. How does Codell interact with the Slick Boys "Just Say No" campaign?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)