|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Pages 45 through 71.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT an activity Codell describes her class doing for Halloween?
(a) Holding a mummy-wrapping race.
(b) Dramatizing the book Old Devil Wind for a kindergarten class.
(c) Reading The Bat-Poet and studying bats.
(d) Dressing up as ghosts and playing a prank on a second-grade class.
2. Codell insists Mr. Turner refer to her by what title?
(a) Mrs. Esme.
(b) Mrs. Raji Codell.
(c) Ms. Codell.
(d) Ms. Esme.
3. What is the name of Codell's immediate supervisor at her work in Part I?
(a) Ms. Federman.
(d) Mr. Turner.
4. When an architect shows Codell her future classroom in Part I, which of the following is something Codell thinks?
(a) The classroom will be much too small for her expected number of students.
(b) She is glad her classroom is so far away from Mr. Turner's office.
(c) She wishes the classroom was on the second story for safety reasons.
(d) She does not like the "new construction" smell, preferring the unique smell of a school classroom.
5. What container does Codell create to allow students to symbolically rid themselves of worries?
(a) The Little Brown Jug.
(b) The Black Hole.
(c) Trouble Basket.
(d) The Well of Worries.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the mentor who inspired Codell to do her best as a teacher?
2. How many new teachers are introduced prior to the school's opening in Part I?
3. Why is Codell angry after she breaks up a fight between two girls on December 8th?
4. How does the class respond to Ashworth's revealing of his missing digit.
5. What is the ethnic makeup of Codell's class?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)