|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Pages 45 through 71.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What poem, dedicated to Brandi, does Codell make her October 19th entry?
(a) How to Draw an Invisible Dragon.
(b) How to Tame a Tiger.
(c) How to Fold a Paper Snowflake.
(d) How to Teach Impossible Students.
2. How do older teachers react to the great effort Codell takes with preparing her classroom for the first day of school?
(a) The teachers applaud Codell and reward her with a Teacher of the Month award.
(b) The teachers believe Codell has done an average job, and are indifferent.
(c) Most think Codell has done too much, creating an overstimulating environment.
(d) Many emulate Codell's colorful bulletin boards.
3. According to a November 2nd entry, what does Codell do to help teach about inventors?
(a) Holds a brainstorming session in which kids think of fantastic inventions.
(b) Helps her students create a simplified cotton gin.
(c) Has the kids invent their own "better mouse trap."
(d) Dresses up in a wild outfit full of accessories that have inventor stories behind them.
4. What is Ismene's response when Codell asks her if she is married?
(a) "Yes. The only thing that makes me happier than my students is my own children."
(b) "No. My husband died several years ago in a car accident."
(c) "No. I never found the right man who could understand my passion for teaching."
(d) "No. I have enough children to take care of without a husband."
5. What is the name of the mentor who inspired Codell to do her best as a teacher?
(a) Ismene Siteles.
(b) Mr. Turner.
(d) Ms. Coil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What theme does Codell choose for her students for their Christmas assembly?
2. What is Codell's impression of the scary story contest she holds for Halloween?
3. On September 27, what book is read that inspires Ashworth to reveal his missing digit to the class?
4. What does Codell tell her students about their "alphabet museum" in order to avoid potential embarrassment?
5. What organization is established to evaluate Codell's Fairy Tale Festival proposal?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)