|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Pages 149 through 165.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does B. B. start to misbehave around 1:20 PM every day?
(a) B. B. is faced with the prospect of going home to his wheelchair-bound father.
(b) Codell never figures out why he suddenly changes at this time.
(c) B. B. knows he is missing his favorite cartoon show at that time.
(d) B. B. never has anything to eat at lunch.
2. What poem, dedicated to Brandi, does Codell make her October 19th entry?
(a) How to Teach Impossible Students.
(b) How to Draw an Invisible Dragon.
(c) How to Fold a Paper Snowflake.
(d) How to Tame a Tiger.
3. According to a November 10th entry, what did Codell's landlord call her father's apartment?
(a) A filthy mess.
(b) A den of sin.
(c) A whorehouse.
(d) A palace of learning.
4. What does Codell tell Mr. Turner about why he did not receive her classroom's inaugural newsletter?
(a) She put two newsletters in Ms. Coil's box, and assumed Ms. Coil would give Mr. Turner the extra one.
(b) She meant to provide him one, but she must have placed it in the wrong mail box.
(c) She knew Mr. Turner would not appreciate the articles.
(d) She thought Mr. Turner would write her up for an unauthorized newsletter.
5. Which child is especially shy about being a storyteller?
(c) B. B.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is JoEllen's Native American name, as given to her in a naming ceremony?
2. Why doesn't Codell take Ms. Coil's suggestion that she should place student papers on her wall higher up?
3. Why does Mr. Turner object to the winner of the Addy doll during the November 5th assembly?
4. At the end of the day in which Codell makes a student teacher for the day, what does Codell have her children do?
5. What important test does Codell's class take on May 13th?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)