|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Pages 149 through 165.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is NOT one of the ways in which Codell's class learns about Native Americans?
(a) They have a guest speaker come to share Native American artifacts.
(b) They perform a rain dance.
(c) They dress up in authentically-researched Native American clothing.
(d) They visit the zoo to see an American buffalo.
2. How many stages does Codell create as part of her Storyteller Festival?
3. How does the student Codell makes teacher for the day start the morning?
(a) The student tries to attack another student making fun of him or her.
(b) The student stabs Codell with a pencil.
(c) The student hides in the bathroom, not wanting to participate.
(d) The student eagerly waits at the front door, clipboard in hand.
4. What is Codell's general attitude toward Ms. Federman?
(a) She thinks Ms. Federman is a dinosaur from a long-gone era.
(b) She cannot agree with almost all of Ms. Federman's radical teaching methods.
(c) Codell is angry with Ms. Federman, because she promises to help Codell but never does.
(d) She respects her persistence in teaching for so long.
5. Why is Codell afraid of B. B. returning from suspension?
(a) She is afraid B. B. will return with a gun and shoot her.
(b) She is afraid B. B. will decide to quit school altogether.
(c) She is afraid Mr. Turner will doubt that the suspension was necessary at all.
(d) She is afraid B. B. will beat up Vanessa in an act of revenge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which student actually stabbed the substitute teacher in the back with a pencil?
2. What is JoEllen's Native American name, as given to her in a naming ceremony?
3. What is the "last straw" that causes Codell to force Mr. Turner to suspend B. B.?
4. Who provides Codell with an explanation as to why her substitute got stabbed in the back with a pencil?
5. What important test does Codell's class take on May 13th?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)