|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Robin encourage Tara to go?
2. How did Tara get accustomed to Shawn in the house when he moved back home?
3. What did Tara's father accuse Tara of being when she returned from college?
4. Who was driving the car when it crashed in "Shield of Feathers"?
5. How long did Tara spend in bed after the car accident?
Short Essay Questions
1. What rumors did Tara hear about Shawn from the people in town?
2. What kind of relationship did Tara have with the bishop?
3. How did Tara's fear of failing manifest itself?
4. What did Tara's father believe people should have a ten-year supply of?
5. What did Tara's Grandpa-down-the-hill do with most of the wild horses he rounded up?
6. How was Tara able to attend college without a formal education?
7. What did Tara question about her expected role as a female in her religion?
8. What were some reasons Tara's father insisted she work for him when she returned home on breaks?
9. What did Charles give Tara that was considered a harmful drug to her family?
10. How did Tara view Shawn after he successfully cracked her neck?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Tara's domineering father hinder her ability to make her own decisions? How might Tara's life have been different if she had chosen to get an education earlier?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways is Tara's father's reaction to her dance recital grounded in his religion? How is his overreaction an example of his own personally skewed impression of modesty? Is the title of the chapter consistent with his opinions?
Essay Topic 3
What lessons did Tara learn about her grandmothers as she grew older? How did the family dynamics her parents came from shape her own beliefs about loyalty and connection?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)