|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Robin encourage Tara to go?
2. What surprised Tara about Shawn upon her return from college?
3. What did Tara's father leave for her as a payment?
4. Why did Charles break up with Tara?
5. How did education begin to influence Tara in a positive way?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Charles give Tara that was considered a harmful drug to her family?
2. In Chapter 12, what did Shawn do when Tara refused to apologize?
3. What kind of relationship did Tara have with the bishop?
4. How did Tara find out more information on the Weaver family?
5. How was Robin's behavior toward Tara different than the way her other roommates treated her?
6. What steps did Tara take when she decided she would experiment with normality?
7. What was Emily's outlook regarding her relationship with Shawn?
8. What were Tara's injuries after the second car crash driving home from Arizona?
9. What therapy did Tara's father recommend for her tonsils?
10. How were the Mormon students at school different than Tara?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who are the most influential people on Tara's road to success? Would her educational achievements have been possible without support? Why would her family have tried to hold her back?
Essay Topic 2
How are Tara's mother and father similar in their obsessive behaviors? Relate Tara's mother's energy work to Tara's father's fervent biblical interpretations.
Essay Topic 3
In what ways is Tara's father's reaction to her dance recital grounded in his religion? How is his overreaction an example of his own personally skewed impression of modesty? Is the title of the chapter consistent with his opinions?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)