|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Andy Warhol famous for (besides his art) when he and Edie met?
2. Edie had an unsuccessful audition for a play by which playwright?
3. What language did Andy's mother speak to him?
4. What does it seem most of Andy Warhol's relationships did not involve a great deal of?
5. What led to Bobby's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the "New York scene" like when Edie moved to New York?
2. How did Edie meet Andy Warhol?
3. How was Edie received by the press?
4. Describe Andy Warhol's background.
5. What alarmed Leonard Cohen when he met Edie?
6. How did Bobby Sedgwick die?
7. What is said about Warhol's fear of intimacy?
8. What was important for modeling in the 1960s?
9. Describe Bobby Sedgwick and his relationship with his father.
10. What successes did Edie find in modeling after her relationship with Warhol ended?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Edie's personality. What character traits would you attribute to her? Does her personality change drastically throughout the text? If so, why do you think this is?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Edie's time at The Factory. What was The Factory? What sorts of things took place there? How did it affect Edie's life? Was it a positive or negative influence?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Edie's childhood. What was the family dynamic like living on the ranch? What events took place during Edie's childhood which may have affected her?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)