|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What language did Andy's mother speak to him?
2. For what reason is it suggested that Bob Dylan was fascinated by Edie?
3. Which musician did Edie meet around the time she moved into her own apartment?
4. What would the people who hung out at Warhol's apartment do anything for?
5. Why did Edie decide to move to New York?
Short Essay Questions
1. What successes did Edie find in modeling after her relationship with Warhol ended?
2. What did Edie say about her apartment fire?
3. What types of people could be found at The Factory?
4. What was Alice Sedgwick's concern for her son Bobby?
5. How was Edie received by the press?
6. Describe Bobby Sedgwick and his relationship with his father.
7. How did Edie begin to change after striking out on her own New York?
8. Describe Andy Warhol's background.
9. What is said about Edie's relationship with Bob Dylan?
10. What happened when Edie went home to visit her family at Christmas in 1966?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the New York social scene during the 1960s. How did this place and time affect Edie and her lifestyle?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the famous figures mentioned in Edie, An American Biography. Some examples are; Betsey Johnson, Jim Morrison, Leonard Cohen and Bob Dylan.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Edie's romantic relationships. Who did she see romantically, and how did these relationship affect her life? Discuss her marriage near the end of her life. Was Michael Post a good influence on her? Why or why not?
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)