|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What career did Edie begin to pursue after moving to New York?
2. Where did Andy Warhol grow up?
3. Who was Paul America?
4. How is Bobby's Sedgwick's personality described in Chapter 14?
5. How did Edie's choice of fashion change after moving to New York?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Bobby Sedgwick and his relationship with his father.
2. What types of people could be found at The Factory?
3. Who did Edie stay with in New York after leaving Cambridge?
4. What did Edie say about her apartment fire?
5. What is said about Warhol's fear of intimacy?
6. What was important for modeling in the 1960s?
7. Describe Warhol's New York loft, The Factory.
8. What alarmed Leonard Cohen when he met Edie?
9. What was Alice Sedgwick's concern for her son Bobby?
10. What were "vitamin shots"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Edie's parents and her relationship with them. Describe Francis Sedgwick. What was his relationship like with his children? Was he to blame for their psychological problems? Why or why not? Describe Alice Sedgwick. What was her relationship like with her children? How did she deal with her husband's infidelities?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss homosexuality as it is portrayed in Edie, An American Biography. Describe Edie's personal experiences with homosexuality, including her brothers' struggle with their father over his own homosexuality.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the New York social scene during the 1960s. How did this place and time affect Edie and her lifestyle?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)