|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Warhol's loft on East 47th Street become known as?
2. Which fashion designer did Edie begin working with?
3. What piece of furniture was found in the street by Billy Name?
4. Where did the furniture in Warhol's 47th Street loft come from?
5. Where did Edie arrange for her father and Andy to meet?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were "vitamin shots"?
2. What is said about Edie's relationship with Bob Dylan?
3. Who did Edie stay with in New York after leaving Cambridge?
4. What alarmed Leonard Cohen when he met Edie?
5. What does Gerard Malanga say about Warhol's films?
6. What was the "New York scene" like when Edie moved to New York?
7. How did Bobby Sedgwick die?
8. What was Alice Sedgwick's concern for her son Bobby?
9. Describe Andy Warhol's background.
10. How was Edie received by the press?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Edie's turn as a model in the 1960's fashion world. What were the trends of the era, and in what way was Edie a symbol of the fashion of this era? What was Edie's relationship with Vogue? How and why did this relationship end?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Edie's turn as an actress. What films did she appear in, and how were these films received? Was she a talented actress? Did she take her acting seriously? Describe her experience while filming Ciao! Manhattan.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the famous figures mentioned in Edie, An American Biography. Some examples are; Betsey Johnson, Jim Morrison, Leonard Cohen and Bob Dylan.
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)