|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Bobby's Sedgwick's personality described in Chapter 14?
2. What did Warhol's loft on East 47th Street become known as?
3. Who is Gerard Malanga?
4. Though she had money, what did Edie fail to do after striking out on her own?
5. In what year did Warhol move into his 47th Street loft?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were "vitamin shots"?
2. What was the meeting between Andy Warhol and Francis Sedgwick like?
3. What was it like on the set of Ciao! Manhattan?
4. What happened when Edie went home to visit her family at Christmas in 1966?
5. What types of people could be found at The Factory?
6. What did Edie say about her apartment fire?
7. Who did Edie stay with in New York after leaving Cambridge?
8. What successes did Edie find in modeling after her relationship with Warhol ended?
9. What is said about Warhol's fear of intimacy?
10. What was the "New York scene" like when Edie moved to New York?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Edie and her rise to stardom. How did she handle her new found celebrity? How did she become so famous and what was she famous for? How was she viewed in the public eye?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the New York social scene during the 1960s. How did this place and time affect Edie and her lifestyle?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the famous figures mentioned in Edie, An American Biography. Some examples are; Betsey Johnson, Jim Morrison, Leonard Cohen and Bob Dylan.
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)