|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Edie claim she was doing when her apartment caught fire?
2. It is suggested that Bobby's behavior became more radical to distract his family from what?
3. What would the people who hung out at Warhol's apartment do anything for?
4. What did Warhol's loft on East 47th Street become known as?
5. Getting a back room at which New York establishment is described as being akin to walking on water?
Short Essay Questions
1. What successes did Edie find in modeling after her relationship with Warhol ended?
2. Describe Bobby Sedgwick and his relationship with his father.
3. What was it like on the set of Ciao! Manhattan?
4. How was Edie received by the press?
5. How did Warhol's people go about teaching Edie a lesson for questioning his scripts?
6. How did Bobby Sedgwick die?
7. How did Edie meet Andy Warhol?
8. What was important for modeling in the 1960s?
9. What was Alice Sedgwick's concern for her son Bobby?
10. Who did Edie stay with in New York after leaving Cambridge?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss drugs in Edie, An American Biography. How did Edie's drug use affect her life? Discuss drug culture in the 1960s and how it differs from today.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Edie's destructive behavior. What caused her destructive behavior and what are some examples of this behavior? How did her behavior affect her life?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the conclusion of the biography Edie, An American Biography. Is the ending surprising or shocking? What tone does the conclusion have? How does it make the reader feel? Describe the end of Edie's life. Is this a tragic ending? Why or why not?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)