|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What seemed to be the final straw in Edie and Warhol's deteriorating relationship?
2. Who began to give Edie a lot of attention after she became a member of Warhol's entourage?
3. As Edie's celebrity grew in the mid-1960s, what did she begin to believe?
4. Who is Gerard Malanga?
5. How long did it take Edie to spend her $80 000 inheritance?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Edie begin to change after striking out on her own New York?
2. What is said about Warhol's fear of intimacy?
3. What were "vitamin shots"?
4. Describe Bobby Sedgwick and his relationship with his father.
5. Describe Warhol's New York loft, The Factory.
6. What was the meeting between Andy Warhol and Francis Sedgwick like?
7. What successes did Edie find in modeling after her relationship with Warhol ended?
8. How was Edie received by the press?
9. What is said about Edie's relationship with Bob Dylan?
10. How did Bobby Sedgwick die?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Edie's time at Cambridge and Harvard. What events and experiences did Edie encounter, and how did this time in her life shape her future? What did Edie discover during this time period? Describe Edie's behavior and state of mind at this point in her life.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the famous figures mentioned in Edie, An American Biography. Some examples are; Betsey Johnson, Jim Morrison, Leonard Cohen and Bob Dylan.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Edie's lifestyle throughout her life. How did her lifestyle change after moving to New York? Did her lifestyle negatively impact her health?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)