|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what occasion did Edie return home to California for in 1966?
2. It is suggested that Bobby's behavior became more radical to distract his family from what?
3. How did Andy Warhol feel when meeting Francis Sedgwick?
4. In what year did Warhol move into his 47th Street loft?
5. What was Alice Sedgwick's main concern about her son Bobby in his young adult years?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when Edie went home to visit her family at Christmas in 1966?
2. How did Edie meet Andy Warhol?
3. What does Gerard Malanga say about Warhol's films?
4. How was Edie received by the press?
5. What was important for modeling in the 1960s?
6. What were "vitamin shots"?
7. Describe Andy Warhol's background.
8. Describe Bobby Sedgwick and his relationship with his father.
9. After Edie became a member of Warhol's entourage, what did people begin to question about her?
10. How did Bobby Sedgwick die?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss drugs in Edie, An American Biography. How did Edie's drug use affect her life? Discuss drug culture in the 1960s and how it differs from today.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the genre of Edie, An American Biography. What genre is it and what are the elements of this genre? What elements of the genre are found in this book?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Edie's time at The Factory. What was The Factory? What sorts of things took place there? How did it affect Edie's life? Was it a positive or negative influence?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)