|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What language did Andy's mother speak to him?
2. What did Edie begin to refuse to do for Warhol?
3. What does Gerard Malanga insist about Warhol's films?
4. What led to Bobby's death?
5. What does George Plimpton say Bobby was afflicted with?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Edie meet Andy Warhol?
2. What alarmed Leonard Cohen when he met Edie?
3. What is said about Warhol's fear of intimacy?
4. What happened when Edie went home to visit her family at Christmas in 1966?
5. What were "vitamin shots"?
6. How did Edie begin to change after striking out on her own New York?
7. Describe Warhol's New York loft, The Factory.
8. Describe Bobby Sedgwick and his relationship with his father.
9. How did Warhol's people go about teaching Edie a lesson for questioning his scripts?
10. How did Bobby Sedgwick die?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss drugs in Edie, An American Biography. How did Edie's drug use affect her life? Discuss drug culture in the 1960s and how it differs from today.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Edie's teen years. Describe her experiences at Katharine Branson and St. Timothy's. Describe her experiences at Silver Hill and Bloomingdale. What events shaped her teenage years?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Edie's time at The Factory. What was The Factory? What sorts of things took place there? How did it affect Edie's life? Was it a positive or negative influence?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)