|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Edie live with when she first moved to New York?
2. Who is Gerard Malanga?
3. Why did Warhol and his superstars leave The Factory?
4. Which room of Warhol's apartment did Bill Name occupy?
5. How did Edie meet Andy Warhol?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Warhol's people go about teaching Edie a lesson for questioning his scripts?
2. How did Bobby Sedgwick die?
3. What alarmed Leonard Cohen when he met Edie?
4. What is said about Warhol's fear of intimacy?
5. Describe Bobby Sedgwick and his relationship with his father.
6. What did Edie say about her apartment fire?
7. What was the meeting between Andy Warhol and Francis Sedgwick like?
8. What was Alice Sedgwick's concern for her son Bobby?
9. What were "vitamin shots"?
10. How did Edie begin to change after striking out on her own New York?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Andy Warhol played a significant role in Edie's life. Discuss to what extent Warhol influenced Edie's life. Describe Edie's time with Warhol and how he shaped her future.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss homosexuality as it is portrayed in Edie, An American Biography. Describe Edie's personal experiences with homosexuality, including her brothers' struggle with their father over his own homosexuality.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the New York social scene during the 1960s. How did this place and time affect Edie and her lifestyle?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)