|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what reason is it suggested that Bob Dylan was fascinated by Edie?
2. In the mid-1960s, what did Francis become obsessed with?
3. What language did Andy's mother speak to him?
4. What was Andy Warhol famous for (besides his art) when he and Edie met?
5. Who were the father figures in Edie's life in New York?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were "vitamin shots"?
2. What is said about Edie's relationship with Bob Dylan?
3. How was Edie received by the press?
4. What is said about Warhol's fear of intimacy?
5. Describe Andy Warhol's background.
6. What did Edie say about her apartment fire?
7. How did Edie meet Andy Warhol?
8. What was the meeting between Andy Warhol and Francis Sedgwick like?
9. What happened when Edie went home to visit her family at Christmas in 1966?
10. What successes did Edie find in modeling after her relationship with Warhol ended?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Edie's time at Cambridge and Harvard. What events and experiences did Edie encounter, and how did this time in her life shape her future? What did Edie discover during this time period? Describe Edie's behavior and state of mind at this point in her life.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Edie's parents and her relationship with them. Describe Francis Sedgwick. What was his relationship like with his children? Was he to blame for their psychological problems? Why or why not? Describe Alice Sedgwick. What was her relationship like with her children? How did she deal with her husband's infidelities?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss drugs in Edie, An American Biography. How did Edie's drug use affect her life? Discuss drug culture in the 1960s and how it differs from today.
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)