|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Edie returned home in 1966, what did her parents begin giving her?
2. Why do people believe Andy Warhol was so fascinated with Edie?
3. What did Edie begin to refuse to do for Warhol?
4. In the mid-1960s, what did Francis become obsessed with?
5. What were members of Andy's entourage provided with by doctors?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Andy Warhol's background.
2. What was the "New York scene" like when Edie moved to New York?
3. How did Warhol's people go about teaching Edie a lesson for questioning his scripts?
4. What were "vitamin shots"?
5. Who did Edie stay with in New York after leaving Cambridge?
6. Describe Warhol's New York loft, The Factory.
7. What is said about Warhol's fear of intimacy?
8. How did Bobby Sedgwick die?
9. What was important for modeling in the 1960s?
10. How did Edie begin to change after striking out on her own New York?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss drugs in Edie, An American Biography. How did Edie's drug use affect her life? Discuss drug culture in the 1960s and how it differs from today.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Edie's romantic relationships. Who did she see romantically, and how did these relationship affect her life? Discuss her marriage near the end of her life. Was Michael Post a good influence on her? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Edie's siblings. What were her relationships like with them? What struggles did they face? Was there a connection between the issues they dealt with and the issues that Edie dealt with?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)