|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Francis Minturn Sedgwick marry?
2. Which of Edie's brother developed problems with alcohol and drugs?
3. Who believes that Francis Sedgwick never had any interest in having children?
4. In the 1930s, the Sedgwicks divided their time between Long Island and which place?
5. While speaking about her family's life in California, what term does Saucie use to describe her parents?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Francis feel about serving in the military during World War II?
2. Where did Judge Theodore Sedgwick's family settle?
3. What experiences did Edie have in psychiatric hospitals?
4. How did life change for the Sedgwicks when they moved to their third ranch, Rancho la Laguna de San Francisco?
5. Who did Edie keep in her company when she moved to Cambridge in 1963?
6. What impression does Jane Wilson share about Edie as a child?
7. What does Saucie recall about her rebelliousness as a young woman?
8. How many siblings did Edie Sedgwick have?
9. How did the Sedgwick-Minturn legacy begin?
10. In the book, what do the Sedgwick children share about their father's infidelities?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Edie's time at Cambridge and Harvard. What events and experiences did Edie encounter, and how did this time in her life shape her future? What did Edie discover during this time period? Describe Edie's behavior and state of mind at this point in her life.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Edie and her rise to stardom. How did she handle her new found celebrity? How did she become so famous and what was she famous for? How was she viewed in the public eye?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Edie's destructive behavior. What caused her destructive behavior and what are some examples of this behavior? How did her behavior affect her life?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)