Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Francis attempt to have Saucie thrown out of Radcliffe?
2. Who was Jane Wilson?
3. Which "first" is Theodore Sedgwick credited with?
4. What was Henry Dwight Sedgwick's nickname?
5. How did the Sedgwick children feel about California?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who did Edie stay with in New York after leaving Cambridge?
2. What does Gerard Malanga say about Warhol's films?
3. What did Edie eventually decide was the best way to deal with her drug problems?
4. What is said about Edie's relationship with Bob Dylan?
5. Where did Judge Theodore Sedgwick's family settle?
6. How did Bobby Sedgwick die?
7. How did Edie meet Andy Warhol?
8. What does Saucie recall about her rebelliousness as a young woman?
9. Describe "Bobbo" Sedgwick.
10. What does the author tell us about Edie's father, Francis Minturn Sedgwick?
Essay Topic 1
Describe Edie's childhood. What was the family dynamic like living on the ranch? What events took place during Edie's childhood which may have affected her?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Edie's lifestyle throughout her life. How did her lifestyle change after moving to New York? Did her lifestyle negatively impact her health?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Edie's romantic relationships. Who did she see romantically, and how did these relationship affect her life? Discuss her marriage near the end of her life. Was Michael Post a good influence on her? Why or why not?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)