|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the likely reason for Francis Sedgwick's rejection to join the military?
2. What was Francis Sedgwick well known for being obsessive about?
3. In what year was Francis Minturn Sedgewick born?
4. In Chapter 9, what secret do the Sedgwick children recall discovering about their father?
5. Who believes that Francis Sedgwick never had any interest in having children?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it important for the reader to know about Edie Sedgwick's family?
2. How did life change for the Sedgwicks when they moved to their third ranch, Rancho la Laguna de San Francisco?
3. How did Warhol's people go about teaching Edie a lesson for questioning his scripts?
4. What were "vitamin shots"?
5. What troubles did Edie's brother Minty have in his short life?
6. How many siblings did Edie Sedgwick have?
7. What was Alice Sedgwick's concern for her son Bobby?
8. Who is the first Sedgwick on record?
9. Where did Judge Theodore Sedgwick's family settle?
10. How did Edie behave at St. Timothy's school?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the conclusion of the biography Edie, An American Biography. Is the ending surprising or shocking? What tone does the conclusion have? How does it make the reader feel? Describe the end of Edie's life. Is this a tragic ending? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Edie's childhood. What was the family dynamic like living on the ranch? What events took place during Edie's childhood which may have affected her?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the famous figures mentioned in Edie, An American Biography. Some examples are; Betsey Johnson, Jim Morrison, Leonard Cohen and Bob Dylan.
This section contains 1,373 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)