|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of attitude does Saucie say Edie had developed by the time she was a young woman?
2. Why are Sedgwicks buried in the particular formation they are around Theodore Sedgwick?
3. What happened on Long Island that made Saucie break ties with her father?
4. What did Edie intend to study in Cambridge when she moved there in 1963?
5. When did the Sedgwicks permanently move to California?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Saucie recall about her rebelliousness as a young woman?
2. How did the Sedgwick-Minturn legacy begin?
3. Why is it important for the reader to know about Edie Sedgwick's family?
4. Who did Edie keep in her company when she moved to Cambridge in 1963?
5. Describe Judge Theodore Sedgwick's unusual burial site.
6. What does the author describe as Judge Theodore Sedgwick's accomplishments?
7. What experiences did Edie have in psychiatric hospitals?
8. What effect did oil money have on the Sedgwicks in the 1950s?
9. How many siblings did Edie Sedgwick have?
10. Who is the first Sedgwick on record?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Edie's siblings. What were her relationships like with them? What struggles did they face? Was there a connection between the issues they dealt with and the issues that Edie dealt with?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss drugs in Edie, An American Biography. How did Edie's drug use affect her life? Discuss drug culture in the 1960s and how it differs from today.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the famous figures mentioned in Edie, An American Biography. Some examples are; Betsey Johnson, Jim Morrison, Leonard Cohen and Bob Dylan.
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)