|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the location where Theodore Sedgwick is buried referred to as?
2. Which of the following is not one of Francis Sedgwick's daughters?
3. What were the group of gays Edie fell in with at Harvard referred to as?
4. What boarding school did Edie go to at the age of thirteen?
5. In what branch of the military did Francis' brother, Minturn, serve during World War Two?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe "Bobbo" Sedgwick.
2. How did life change for the Sedgwicks when they moved to their third ranch, Rancho la Laguna de San Francisco?
3. How did the Sedgwick-Minturn legacy begin?
4. Why is it important for the reader to know about Edie Sedgwick's family?
5. What impression does Jane Wilson share about Edie as a child?
6. What troubles did Edie's brother Minty have in his short life?
7. What story is provided as an example of the amount of pressure Francis put upon his children?
8. What is the intended purpose of the circular burial of Sedgwicks around Judge's Theodore Sedgwick's tomb?
9. What does the author describe as Judge Theodore Sedgwick's accomplishments?
10. What does Saucie recall about her rebelliousness as a young woman?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the famous figures mentioned in Edie, An American Biography. Some examples are; Betsey Johnson, Jim Morrison, Leonard Cohen and Bob Dylan.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Edie's siblings. What were her relationships like with them? What struggles did they face? Was there a connection between the issues they dealt with and the issues that Edie dealt with?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Edie and her rise to stardom. How did she handle her new found celebrity? How did she become so famous and what was she famous for? How was she viewed in the public eye?
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)