|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Babbo's outlook on life described by his family members?
2. What boarding school did Edie go to at the age of thirteen?
3. Who believes that Francis Sedgwick never had any interest in having children?
4. In what year was Francis Minturn Sedgewick born?
5. How many acres was the new property that the Sedgwicks bought in the 1950s?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Francis Sedgwick develop an interest in art?
2. Describe "Bobbo" Sedgwick.
3. What are Saucie's memories of living in the family's Goleta ranch?
4. What impression does Jane Wilson share about Edie as a child?
5. What troubles did Edie's brother Minty have in his short life?
6. How did life change for the Sedgwicks when they moved to their third ranch, Rancho la Laguna de San Francisco?
7. How many siblings did Edie Sedgwick have?
8. Who did Edie keep in her company when she moved to Cambridge in 1963?
9. What does the author describe as Judge Theodore Sedgwick's accomplishments?
10. What effect did oil money have on the Sedgwicks in the 1950s?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Edie's turn as an actress. What films did she appear in, and how were these films received? Was she a talented actress? Did she take her acting seriously? Describe her experience while filming Ciao! Manhattan.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the conclusion of the biography Edie, An American Biography. Is the ending surprising or shocking? What tone does the conclusion have? How does it make the reader feel? Describe the end of Edie's life. Is this a tragic ending? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Edie's time at The Factory. What was The Factory? What sorts of things took place there? How did it affect Edie's life? Was it a positive or negative influence?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)