Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Francis attempt to have Saucie thrown out of Radcliffe?
2. Who was Jane Wilson?
3. Which "first" is Theodore Sedgwick credited with?
4. What was Henry Dwight Sedgwick's nickname?
5. How did the Sedgwick children feel about California?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who did Edie stay with in New York after leaving Cambridge?
2. What does Gerard Malanga say about Warhol's films?
3. What did Edie eventually decide was the best way to deal with her drug problems?
4. What is said about Edie's relationship with Bob Dylan?
5. Where did Judge Theodore Sedgwick's family settle?
6. How did Bobby Sedgwick die?
7. How did Edie meet Andy Warhol?
8. What does Saucie recall about her rebelliousness as a young woman?
9. Describe "Bobbo" Sedgwick.
10. What does the author tell us about Edie's father, Francis Minturn Sedgwick?
Essay Topic 1
Andy Warhol played a significant role in Edie's life. Discuss to what extent Warhol influenced Edie's life. Describe Edie's time with Warhol and how he shaped her future.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the genre of Edie, An American Biography. What genre is it and what are the elements of this genre? What elements of the genre are found in this book?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Edie's siblings. What were her relationships like with them? What struggles did they face? Was there a connection between the issues they dealt with and the issues that Edie dealt with?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)