|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Edie's brother developed problems with alcohol and drugs?
2. What sport did Francis insist his son Minty play?
3. Who was Jane Wilson?
4. How did Minty die?
5. What was the name of the property the Sedgwicks bought during the Second World War?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the author tell us about Edie's father, Francis Minturn Sedgwick?
2. What does the author describe as Judge Theodore Sedgwick's accomplishments?
3. Who did Edie keep in her company when she moved to Cambridge in 1963?
4. What is the intended purpose of the circular burial of Sedgwicks around Judge's Theodore Sedgwick's tomb?
5. Why is it important for the reader to know about Edie Sedgwick's family?
6. How did Edie behave at St. Timothy's school?
7. Who is the first Sedgwick on record?
8. How did Francis Sedgwick develop an interest in art?
9. How did Francis feel about serving in the military during World War II?
10. Where did Judge Theodore Sedgwick's family settle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the famous figures mentioned in Edie, An American Biography. Some examples are; Betsey Johnson, Jim Morrison, Leonard Cohen and Bob Dylan.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the New York social scene during the 1960s. How did this place and time affect Edie and her lifestyle?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Edie's lifestyle throughout her life. How did her lifestyle change after moving to New York? Did her lifestyle negatively impact her health?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)