|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Edie start to get in trouble for doing while at St. Timothy's school?
2. Who is Lily Saarinen?
3. What kind of attitude does Saucie say Edie had developed by the time she was a young woman?
4. What was Edie Sedgwick's full first name?
5. The Sedgwick children believed that their father, Francis, carried shame for not entering which occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the meeting between Andy Warhol and Francis Sedgwick like?
2. What problems was Edie suffering when her mother brought her back to California in 1968?
3. Describe "Bobbo" Sedgwick.
4. How did Bobby Sedgwick die?
5. What was it like on the set of Ciao! Manhattan?
6. In the book, what do the Sedgwick children share about their father's infidelities?
7. What is said about Warhol's fear of intimacy?
8. Why did Edie give up drink and drugs after her marriage?
9. What was Alice Sedgwick's concern for her son Bobby?
10. What conversation does Saucie recall having with Edie in 1960 after she had left St. Timothy's?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the famous figures mentioned in Edie, An American Biography. Some examples are; Betsey Johnson, Jim Morrison, Leonard Cohen and Bob Dylan.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Edie's time at Cambridge and Harvard. What events and experiences did Edie encounter, and how did this time in her life shape her future? What did Edie discover during this time period? Describe Edie's behavior and state of mind at this point in her life.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the genre of Edie, An American Biography. What genre is it and what are the elements of this genre? What elements of the genre are found in this book?
This section contains 1,411 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)