|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Babbo Sedgwick said to have liked to read?
2. What was Francis Minturn Junior's nickname?
3. What kind of attitude does Saucie say Edie had developed by the time she was a young woman?
4. Which of the following seemed to plague Francis Minturn?
5. How does Jane describe Edie as a little girl?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the first Sedgwick on record?
2. What impression does Jane Wilson share about Edie as a child?
3. What effect did oil money have on the Sedgwicks in the 1950s?
4. Where did Judge Theodore Sedgwick's family settle?
5. Who did Edie keep in her company when she moved to Cambridge in 1963?
6. Describe "Bobbo" Sedgwick.
7. What does Saucie recall about her rebelliousness as a young woman?
8. What experiences did Edie have in psychiatric hospitals?
9. Why is it important for the reader to know about Edie Sedgwick's family?
10. What troubles did Edie's brother Minty have in his short life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the New York social scene during the 1960s. How did this place and time affect Edie and her lifestyle?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Edie's lifestyle throughout her life. How did her lifestyle change after moving to New York? Did her lifestyle negatively impact her health?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss homosexuality as it is portrayed in Edie, An American Biography. Describe Edie's personal experiences with homosexuality, including her brothers' struggle with their father over his own homosexuality.
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)