|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Francis Sedgwick marry?
2. In Chapter 9, what secret do the Sedgwick children recall discovering about their father?
3. How did the Sedgwick children feel about California?
4. Which of the following seemed to plague Francis Minturn?
5. What preparatory boarding school did Francis Minturn Sedgewick attend?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe "Bobbo" Sedgwick.
2. What was Francis's response when Groton decided to start admitting black students?
3. What does the author tell us about Edie's father, Francis Minturn Sedgwick?
4. What story is provided as an example of the amount of pressure Francis put upon his children?
5. What are Saucie's memories of living in the family's Goleta ranch?
6. What conversation does Saucie recall having with Edie in 1960 after she had left St. Timothy's?
7. What effect did oil money have on the Sedgwicks in the 1950s?
8. How many siblings did Edie Sedgwick have?
9. What is said about Francis's desire to be a father?
10. What impression does Jane Wilson share about Edie as a child?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Edie's turn as a model in the 1960's fashion world. What were the trends of the era, and in what way was Edie a symbol of the fashion of this era? What was Edie's relationship with Vogue? How and why did this relationship end?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the famous figures mentioned in Edie, An American Biography. Some examples are; Betsey Johnson, Jim Morrison, Leonard Cohen and Bob Dylan.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Edie's siblings. What were her relationships like with them? What struggles did they face? Was there a connection between the issues they dealt with and the issues that Edie dealt with?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)