|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the Sedgwick children feel about California?
2. What was Henry Dwight Sedgwick's nickname?
3. What state was St. Timothy's school in?
4. Which of Edie's brother developed problems with alcohol and drugs?
5. What distinguished position did Theodore Sedgwick eventually reach in his career?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it important for the reader to know about Edie Sedgwick's family?
2. What troubles did Edie's brother Minty have in his short life?
3. Where did Judge Theodore Sedgwick's family settle?
4. In the book, what do the Sedgwick children share about their father's infidelities?
5. What experiences did Edie have in psychiatric hospitals?
6. What does the author describe as Judge Theodore Sedgwick's accomplishments?
7. How did Francis Sedgwick develop an interest in art?
8. What is the intended purpose of the circular burial of Sedgwicks around Judge's Theodore Sedgwick's tomb?
9. Who is the first Sedgwick on record?
10. How many siblings did Edie Sedgwick have?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Edie's personality. What character traits would you attribute to her? Does her personality change drastically throughout the text? If so, why do you think this is?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the New York social scene during the 1960s. How did this place and time affect Edie and her lifestyle?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Edie's lifestyle throughout her life. How did her lifestyle change after moving to New York? Did her lifestyle negatively impact her health?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)