|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jane describe Edie as a little girl?
2. In the book, Edie: An American Biography who helps to tell the story of the Sedgwick ancestors?
3. How did Francis attempt to have Saucie thrown out of Radcliffe?
4. Who is the author of Edie: An American Biography?
5. What year did Edie begin attending St. Timothy's school?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Sedgwick-Minturn legacy begin?
2. What effect did oil money have on the Sedgwicks in the 1950s?
3. What troubles did Edie's brother Minty have in his short life?
4. Where did Judge Theodore Sedgwick's family settle?
5. How did life change for the Sedgwicks when they moved to their third ranch, Rancho la Laguna de San Francisco?
6. In the book, what do the Sedgwick children share about their father's infidelities?
7. What reason is given for the number of children Francis and Alice had together?
8. What impression does Jane Wilson share about Edie as a child?
9. What does the author tell us about Edie's father, Francis Minturn Sedgwick?
10. What does Saucie recall about her rebelliousness as a young woman?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Andy Warhol played a significant role in Edie's life. Discuss to what extent Warhol influenced Edie's life. Describe Edie's time with Warhol and how he shaped her future.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the famous figures mentioned in Edie, An American Biography. Some examples are; Betsey Johnson, Jim Morrison, Leonard Cohen and Bob Dylan.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Edie's time at Cambridge and Harvard. What events and experiences did Edie encounter, and how did this time in her life shape her future? What did Edie discover during this time period? Describe Edie's behavior and state of mind at this point in her life.
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)