|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was Edie Sedgwick born?
2. What was the name of the property the Sedgwicks bought during the Second World War?
3. What kind of attitude does Saucie say Edie had developed by the time she was a young woman?
4. What did Edie have nightmares about while she was at boarding school?
5. Who did Saucie think was the prettiest of her sisters?
Short Essay Questions
1. What effect did oil money have on the Sedgwicks in the 1950s?
2. What is said about Edie's relationship with Bob Dylan?
3. What does Stein begin book her book, Edie: An American Biography by describing to the reader?
4. What were "vitamin shots"?
5. Describe Judge Theodore Sedgwick's unusual burial site.
6. After Edie became a member of Warhol's entourage, what did people begin to question about her?
7. What does Gerard Malanga say about Warhol's films?
8. How did Edie behave at St. Timothy's school?
9. What did Edie eventually decide was the best way to deal with her drug problems?
10. Who is Michael Post?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Edie's time at Cambridge and Harvard. What events and experiences did Edie encounter, and how did this time in her life shape her future? What did Edie discover during this time period? Describe Edie's behavior and state of mind at this point in her life.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Edie's childhood. What was the family dynamic like living on the ranch? What events took place during Edie's childhood which may have affected her?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the conclusion of the biography Edie, An American Biography. Is the ending surprising or shocking? What tone does the conclusion have? How does it make the reader feel? Describe the end of Edie's life. Is this a tragic ending? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,337 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)