|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Sedgwicks permanently move to California?
2. Which "first" is Theodore Sedgwick credited with?
3. How did Minty die?
4. Who was Jane Wilson?
5. What did Edie have nightmares about while she was at boarding school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Saucie recall about her rebelliousness as a young woman?
2. How many siblings did Edie Sedgwick have?
3. What does the author describe as Judge Theodore Sedgwick's accomplishments?
4. What is the intended purpose of the circular burial of Sedgwicks around Judge's Theodore Sedgwick's tomb?
5. What story is provided as an example of the amount of pressure Francis put upon his children?
6. What experiences did Edie have in psychiatric hospitals?
7. What are Saucie's memories of living in the family's Goleta ranch?
8. How did Edie behave at St. Timothy's school?
9. How did the Sedgwick-Minturn legacy begin?
10. What was Francis's response when Groton decided to start admitting black students?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Edie's personality. What character traits would you attribute to her? Does her personality change drastically throughout the text? If so, why do you think this is?
Essay Topic 2
Andy Warhol played a significant role in Edie's life. Discuss to what extent Warhol influenced Edie's life. Describe Edie's time with Warhol and how he shaped her future.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the New York social scene during the 1960s. How did this place and time affect Edie and her lifestyle?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)