|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Francis feel about joining the military?
2. What boarding school did Edie go to at the age of thirteen?
3. The Sedgwick children believed that their father, Francis, carried shame for not entering which occupation?
4. How many children did Henry Dwight Sedgwick and Sarah May Minturn have?
5. Who was Edie Sedgwick named after?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is said about Francis's desire to be a father?
2. What does the author describe as Judge Theodore Sedgwick's accomplishments?
3. Who is the first Sedgwick on record?
4. What are Saucie's memories of living in the family's Goleta ranch?
5. Describe Judge Theodore Sedgwick's unusual burial site.
6. How many siblings did Edie Sedgwick have?
7. Describe "Bobbo" Sedgwick.
8. What is the intended purpose of the circular burial of Sedgwicks around Judge's Theodore Sedgwick's tomb?
9. How did the Sedgwick-Minturn legacy begin?
10. How did Francis Sedgwick develop an interest in art?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the famous figures mentioned in Edie, An American Biography. Some examples are; Betsey Johnson, Jim Morrison, Leonard Cohen and Bob Dylan.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Edie's teen years. Describe her experiences at Katharine Branson and St. Timothy's. Describe her experiences at Silver Hill and Bloomingdale. What events shaped her teenage years?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Edie's destructive behavior. What caused her destructive behavior and what are some examples of this behavior? How did her behavior affect her life?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)