|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Francis attempt to have Saucie thrown out of Radcliffe?
2. In which European city did Edie and Francis have a fight in a hotel room?
3. In what year was Francis Minturn Sedgewick born?
4. In the 1930s, where was the Sedgwicks Long Island home located?
5. What event prompted Francis Minturn Sedgwick to have a nervous breakdown?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Stein begin book her book, Edie: An American Biography by describing to the reader?
2. After Edie became a member of Warhol's entourage, what did people begin to question about her?
3. Who did Edie stay with in New York after leaving Cambridge?
4. What experiences did Edie have in psychiatric hospitals?
5. Where did Judge Theodore Sedgwick's family settle?
6. Who is the first Sedgwick on record?
7. What problems was Edie suffering when her mother brought her back to California in 1968?
8. What does the author describe as Judge Theodore Sedgwick's accomplishments?
9. What does Saucie recall about her rebelliousness as a young woman?
10. What does the author tell us about Edie's father, Francis Minturn Sedgwick?
Essay Topic 1
Andy Warhol played a significant role in Edie's life. Discuss to what extent Warhol influenced Edie's life. Describe Edie's time with Warhol and how he shaped her future.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Edie's lifestyle throughout her life. How did her lifestyle change after moving to New York? Did her lifestyle negatively impact her health?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Edie's turn as an actress. What films did she appear in, and how were these films received? Was she a talented actress? Did she take her acting seriously? Describe her experience while filming Ciao! Manhattan.
This section contains 1,334 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)