|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following seemed to plague Francis Minturn?
2. What year did Edie begin attending St. Timothy's school?
3. What event prompted Francis Minturn Sedgwick to have a nervous breakdown?
4. What did Edie avoid even though she enjoyed hanging around intellectuals?
5. Who was Jane Wilson?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it important for the reader to know about Edie Sedgwick's family?
2. What reason is given for the number of children Francis and Alice had together?
3. How many siblings did Edie Sedgwick have?
4. What impression does Jane Wilson share about Edie as a child?
5. What experiences did Edie have in psychiatric hospitals?
6. How did life change for the Sedgwicks when they moved to their third ranch, Rancho la Laguna de San Francisco?
7. In the book, what do the Sedgwick children share about their father's infidelities?
8. What does the author describe as Judge Theodore Sedgwick's accomplishments?
9. How did Francis feel about serving in the military during World War II?
10. What are Saucie's memories of living in the family's Goleta ranch?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Edie's lifestyle throughout her life. How did her lifestyle change after moving to New York? Did her lifestyle negatively impact her health?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Edie's turn as a model in the 1960's fashion world. What were the trends of the era, and in what way was Edie a symbol of the fashion of this era? What was Edie's relationship with Vogue? How and why did this relationship end?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Edie's teen years. Describe her experiences at Katharine Branson and St. Timothy's. Describe her experiences at Silver Hill and Bloomingdale. What events shaped her teenage years?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)