|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the Sedgwick children feel about California?
2. What university did Francis Minturn Sedgewick attend?
3. In the 1930s, the Sedgwicks divided their time between Long Island and which place?
4. Who did Francis Minturn Sedgwick marry?
5. Which of the following seemed to plague Francis Minturn?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Francis feel about serving in the military during World War II?
2. What are Saucie's memories of living in the family's Goleta ranch?
3. What is said about Francis's desire to be a father?
4. What does the author tell us about Edie's father, Francis Minturn Sedgwick?
5. What is the intended purpose of the circular burial of Sedgwicks around Judge's Theodore Sedgwick's tomb?
6. Who is the first Sedgwick on record?
7. Describe "Bobbo" Sedgwick.
8. What story is provided as an example of the amount of pressure Francis put upon his children?
9. Why is it important for the reader to know about Edie Sedgwick's family?
10. What does Saucie recall about her rebelliousness as a young woman?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Edie's siblings. What were her relationships like with them? What struggles did they face? Was there a connection between the issues they dealt with and the issues that Edie dealt with?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Edie's turn as a model in the 1960's fashion world. What were the trends of the era, and in what way was Edie a symbol of the fashion of this era? What was Edie's relationship with Vogue? How and why did this relationship end?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Edie's romantic relationships. Who did she see romantically, and how did these relationship affect her life? Discuss her marriage near the end of her life. Was Michael Post a good influence on her? Why or why not?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)