Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Francis attempt to have Saucie thrown out of Radcliffe?
2. Who was Jane Wilson?
3. Which "first" is Theodore Sedgwick credited with?
4. What was Henry Dwight Sedgwick's nickname?
5. How did the Sedgwick children feel about California?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who did Edie stay with in New York after leaving Cambridge?
2. What does Gerard Malanga say about Warhol's films?
3. What did Edie eventually decide was the best way to deal with her drug problems?
4. What is said about Edie's relationship with Bob Dylan?
5. Where did Judge Theodore Sedgwick's family settle?
6. How did Bobby Sedgwick die?
7. How did Edie meet Andy Warhol?
8. What does Saucie recall about her rebelliousness as a young woman?
9. Describe "Bobbo" Sedgwick.
10. What does the author tell us about Edie's father, Francis Minturn Sedgwick?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Edie's teen years. Describe her experiences at Katharine Branson and St. Timothy's. Describe her experiences at Silver Hill and Bloomingdale. What events shaped her teenage years?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss homosexuality as it is portrayed in Edie, An American Biography. Describe Edie's personal experiences with homosexuality, including her brothers' struggle with their father over his own homosexuality.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Edie's time at Cambridge and Harvard. What events and experiences did Edie encounter, and how did this time in her life shape her future? What did Edie discover during this time period? Describe Edie's behavior and state of mind at this point in her life.
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)