|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Groton school decide to do which made Francis go berserk?
2. What was Edie Sedgwick's full first name?
3. What is Babbo Sedgwick said to have liked to read?
4. What university did Francis Minturn Sedgewick attend?
5. In what branch of the military did Francis' brother, Minturn, serve during World War Two?
Short Essay Questions
1. What effect did oil money have on the Sedgwicks in the 1950s?
2. How did the Sedgwick-Minturn legacy begin?
3. How did Francis Sedgwick develop an interest in art?
4. How did life change for the Sedgwicks when they moved to their third ranch, Rancho la Laguna de San Francisco?
5. What is the intended purpose of the circular burial of Sedgwicks around Judge's Theodore Sedgwick's tomb?
6. What is said about Francis's desire to be a father?
7. In the book, what do the Sedgwick children share about their father's infidelities?
8. Why is it important for the reader to know about Edie Sedgwick's family?
9. How did Edie behave at St. Timothy's school?
10. Who did Edie keep in her company when she moved to Cambridge in 1963?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Edie's siblings. What were her relationships like with them? What struggles did they face? Was there a connection between the issues they dealt with and the issues that Edie dealt with?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the conclusion of the biography Edie, An American Biography. Is the ending surprising or shocking? What tone does the conclusion have? How does it make the reader feel? Describe the end of Edie's life. Is this a tragic ending? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Edie's lifestyle throughout her life. How did her lifestyle change after moving to New York? Did her lifestyle negatively impact her health?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)