|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children did Francis Sedgwick have with his wife?
2. Who believes that Francis Sedgwick never had any interest in having children?
3. In Chapter 9, what secret do the Sedgwick children recall discovering about their father?
4. What state was St. Timothy's school in?
5. How did Minty die?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Francis feel about serving in the military during World War II?
2. Why is it important for the reader to know about Edie Sedgwick's family?
3. What does Saucie recall about her rebelliousness as a young woman?
4. In the book, what do the Sedgwick children share about their father's infidelities?
5. What conversation does Saucie recall having with Edie in 1960 after she had left St. Timothy's?
6. Who did Edie keep in her company when she moved to Cambridge in 1963?
7. Describe "Bobbo" Sedgwick.
8. Where did Judge Theodore Sedgwick's family settle?
9. What reason is given for the number of children Francis and Alice had together?
10. How did Edie behave at St. Timothy's school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Edie's time at Cambridge and Harvard. What events and experiences did Edie encounter, and how did this time in her life shape her future? What did Edie discover during this time period? Describe Edie's behavior and state of mind at this point in her life.
Essay Topic 2
Andy Warhol played a significant role in Edie's life. Discuss to what extent Warhol influenced Edie's life. Describe Edie's time with Warhol and how he shaped her future.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the conclusion of the biography Edie, An American Biography. Is the ending surprising or shocking? What tone does the conclusion have? How does it make the reader feel? Describe the end of Edie's life. Is this a tragic ending? Why or why not?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)