|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year did Edie begin attending St. Timothy's school?
2. How many children did Francis Sedgwick have with his wife?
3. Who did Francis Minturn Sedgwick marry?
4. What reason is suggested for the large number of children Alice and Francis had together?
5. In Chapter 9, what secret do the Sedgwick children recall discovering about their father?
Short Essay Questions
1. How many siblings did Edie Sedgwick have?
2. What does the author describe as Judge Theodore Sedgwick's accomplishments?
3. How did Francis Sedgwick develop an interest in art?
4. What experiences did Edie have in psychiatric hospitals?
5. In the book, what do the Sedgwick children share about their father's infidelities?
6. What impression does Jane Wilson share about Edie as a child?
7. How did life change for the Sedgwicks when they moved to their third ranch, Rancho la Laguna de San Francisco?
8. What does the author tell us about Edie's father, Francis Minturn Sedgwick?
9. What is the intended purpose of the circular burial of Sedgwicks around Judge's Theodore Sedgwick's tomb?
10. What reason is given for the number of children Francis and Alice had together?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the famous figures mentioned in Edie, An American Biography. Some examples are; Betsey Johnson, Jim Morrison, Leonard Cohen and Bob Dylan.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Edie's destructive behavior. What caused her destructive behavior and what are some examples of this behavior? How did her behavior affect her life?
Essay Topic 3
Andy Warhol played a significant role in Edie's life. Discuss to what extent Warhol influenced Edie's life. Describe Edie's time with Warhol and how he shaped her future.
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)