|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first name of Francis Sedgwick's daughter who was nicknamed "Saucie"?
2. Which of the following was a sign that life had changed for the Sedgwicks when they moved to their third home in California?
3. How did Francis attempt to have Saucie thrown out of Radcliffe?
4. In what branch of the military did Francis' brother, Minturn, serve during World War Two?
5. How many children did Henry Dwight Sedgwick and Sarah May Minturn have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the intended purpose of the circular burial of Sedgwicks around Judge's Theodore Sedgwick's tomb?
2. How did Francis feel about serving in the military during World War II?
3. How did the Sedgwick-Minturn legacy begin?
4. What does the author describe as Judge Theodore Sedgwick's accomplishments?
5. How did Francis Sedgwick develop an interest in art?
6. What effect did oil money have on the Sedgwicks in the 1950s?
7. Describe Judge Theodore Sedgwick's unusual burial site.
8. Who did Edie keep in her company when she moved to Cambridge in 1963?
9. How did Edie behave at St. Timothy's school?
10. What troubles did Edie's brother Minty have in his short life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Edie's childhood. What was the family dynamic like living on the ranch? What events took place during Edie's childhood which may have affected her?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the conclusion of the biography Edie, An American Biography. Is the ending surprising or shocking? What tone does the conclusion have? How does it make the reader feel? Describe the end of Edie's life. Is this a tragic ending? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss drugs in Edie, An American Biography. How did Edie's drug use affect her life? Discuss drug culture in the 1960s and how it differs from today.
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)