|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the 1930s, the Sedgwicks divided their time between Long Island and which place?
2. How did Minty die?
3. What did Edie start to get in trouble for doing while at St. Timothy's school?
4. What did Edie have nightmares about while she was at boarding school?
5. What was Francis Minturn Junior's nickname?
Short Essay Questions
1. What successes did Edie find in modeling after her relationship with Warhol ended?
2. How did Edie meet Andy Warhol?
3. After Edie became a member of Warhol's entourage, what did people begin to question about her?
4. What is said about Francis's desire to be a father?
5. What does Saucie recall about her rebelliousness as a young woman?
6. What happened when Edie went home to visit her family at Christmas in 1966?
7. Who did Edie keep in her company when she moved to Cambridge in 1963?
8. What are Saucie's memories of living in the family's Goleta ranch?
9. How did Warhol's people go about teaching Edie a lesson for questioning his scripts?
10. What does Gerard Malanga say about Warhol's films?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Andy Warhol played a significant role in Edie's life. Discuss to what extent Warhol influenced Edie's life. Describe Edie's time with Warhol and how he shaped her future.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Edie's turn as a model in the 1960's fashion world. What were the trends of the era, and in what way was Edie a symbol of the fashion of this era? What was Edie's relationship with Vogue? How and why did this relationship end?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the conclusion of the biography Edie, An American Biography. Is the ending surprising or shocking? What tone does the conclusion have? How does it make the reader feel? Describe the end of Edie's life. Is this a tragic ending? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,360 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)