|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of Edie: An American Biography?
2. What is the first name of Francis Sedgwick's daughter who was nicknamed "Saucie"?
3. In which European city did Edie and Francis have a fight in a hotel room?
4. What did Edie have nightmares about while she was at boarding school?
5. What is the location where Theodore Sedgwick is buried referred to as?
Short Essay Questions
1. What impression does Jane Wilson share about Edie as a child?
2. What conversation does Saucie recall having with Edie in 1960 after she had left St. Timothy's?
3. What are Saucie's memories of living in the family's Goleta ranch?
4. What was Francis's response when Groton decided to start admitting black students?
5. How did Francis Sedgwick develop an interest in art?
6. What reason is given for the number of children Francis and Alice had together?
7. Describe Judge Theodore Sedgwick's unusual burial site.
8. What story is provided as an example of the amount of pressure Francis put upon his children?
9. Why is it important for the reader to know about Edie Sedgwick's family?
10. In the book, what do the Sedgwick children share about their father's infidelities?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss drugs in Edie, An American Biography. How did Edie's drug use affect her life? Discuss drug culture in the 1960s and how it differs from today.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Edie's lifestyle throughout her life. How did her lifestyle change after moving to New York? Did her lifestyle negatively impact her health?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the genre of Edie, An American Biography. What genre is it and what are the elements of this genre? What elements of the genre are found in this book?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)