|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what secret do the Sedgwick children recall discovering about their father?
(a) That he wore a wig.
(b) The fortune he lost.
(c) His infidelities.
(d) His real age.
2. In the 1930s, the Sedgwicks divided their time between Long Island and which place?
(b) Santa Barbara.
(c) Las Vegas.
3. What disease did Edie suffer from which led to her being taken out of boarding school?
(b) Alcohol addiction.
4. What kind of attitude does Saucie say Edie had developed by the time she was a young woman?
5. In what year was Edie Sedgwick born?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Babbo when he died?
2. When did the Sedgwicks permanently move to California?
3. How is Babbo's outlook on life described by his family members?
4. In what year did Francis Sedgwick marry?
5. How did Francis attempt to have Saucie thrown out of Radcliffe?
Short Essay Questions
1. What impression does Jane Wilson share about Edie as a child?
2. Who did Edie keep in her company when she moved to Cambridge in 1963?
3. What troubles did Edie's brother Minty have in his short life?
4. How did Edie behave at St. Timothy's school?
5. How did life change for the Sedgwicks when they moved to their third ranch, Rancho la Laguna de San Francisco?
6. How did the Sedgwick-Minturn legacy begin?
7. What effect did oil money have on the Sedgwicks in the 1950s?
8. What does Saucie recall about her rebelliousness as a young woman?
9. How did Francis feel about serving in the military during World War II?
10. What does the author tell us about Edie's father, Francis Minturn Sedgwick?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)