|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was Francis Minturn Sedgewick born?
2. How did the Sedgwick children feel about California?
(a) They hated the heat.
(b) They thought it was paradise.
(c) They were indifferent.
(d) They missed the white Christmases.
3. What sport did Francis insist his son Minty play?
4. What did Edie have nightmares about while she was at boarding school?
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her teachers.
5. What preparatory boarding school did Francis Minturn Sedgewick attend?
(a) Windermere Academy.
(b) The Groton School.
(c) The Forman School.
(d) Cheshire Academy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Francis Sedgwick well known for being obsessive about?
2. How did Francis feel about joining the military?
3. Which "first" is Theodore Sedgwick credited with?
4. Who was Jane Wilson?
5. What was Edie Sedgwick's full first name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who did Edie keep in her company when she moved to Cambridge in 1963?
2. What does the author tell us about Edie's father, Francis Minturn Sedgwick?
3. What does Stein begin book her book, Edie: An American Biography by describing to the reader?
4. What troubles did Edie's brother Minty have in his short life?
5. How did Edie behave at St. Timothy's school?
6. Why is it important for the reader to know about Edie Sedgwick's family?
7. What was Francis's response when Groton decided to start admitting black students?
8. What are Saucie's memories of living in the family's Goleta ranch?
9. Describe "Bobbo" Sedgwick.
10. What is the intended purpose of the circular burial of Sedgwicks around Judge's Theodore Sedgwick's tomb?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)