|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year did Edie begin attending St. Timothy's school?
2. What did Edie avoid even though she enjoyed hanging around intellectuals?
(a) Coffee shops and libraries.
(c) Classic literature.
3. What was the name of the property the Sedgwicks bought during the Second World War?
(a) Sedgwick Manor.
(b) La Cali House.
(c) Corral de Quati.
(d) Rose Garden Estates.
4. Which "first" is Theodore Sedgwick credited with?
(a) The first to sign The Declaration of Independence.
(b) The first to fly a plane in combat.
(c) The first to battle for a black woman's freedom in court.
(d) The first to climb Mt. Everest.
5. The Sedgwick children believed that their father, Francis, carried shame for not entering which occupation?
Short Answer Questions
1. While speaking about her family's life in California, what term does Saucie use to describe her parents?
2. What happened on Long Island that made Saucie break ties with her father?
3. In what year did Francis Sedgwick marry?
4. How many acres was the new property that the Sedgwicks bought in the 1950s?
5. What was Henry Dwight Sedgwick's nickname?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the first Sedgwick on record?
2. What was Francis's response when Groton decided to start admitting black students?
3. Describe Judge Theodore Sedgwick's unusual burial site.
4. What does the author describe as Judge Theodore Sedgwick's accomplishments?
5. What impression does Jane Wilson share about Edie as a child?
6. What does Stein begin book her book, Edie: An American Biography by describing to the reader?
7. Why is it important for the reader to know about Edie Sedgwick's family?
8. How many siblings did Edie Sedgwick have?
9. What does the author tell us about Edie's father, Francis Minturn Sedgwick?
10. What reason is given for the number of children Francis and Alice had together?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)