|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What artistic vocation did Francis Sedgwick devote himself to?
(c) Interior design.
2. How did Francis attempt to have Saucie thrown out of Radcliffe?
(a) By telling the dean she was promiscuous.
(b) By hiring someone to plant drugs on her.
(c) By refusing to pay her tuition.
(d) By sending a bodyguard to drag her out of classes.
3. In the 1930s, where was the Sedgwicks Long Island home located?
(d) Cold Spring Harbor.
4. What reason is suggested for the large number of children Alice and Francis had together?
(a) Alice and Francis did not believe in birth control.
(b) Alice was incredibly fertile.
(c) Alice wanted to prove she could have more children than anyone else.
(d) Alice came from a small family and wanted to have a big family as an adult.
5. Who did Saucie think was the prettiest of her sisters?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Francis Minturn Junior's nickname?
2. Why are Sedgwicks buried in the particular formation they are around Theodore Sedgwick?
3. In what year was Francis Minturn Sedgewick born?
4. How did Alice "Saucie" Sedgwick get her nickname?
5. How does Jane describe Edie as a little girl?
Short Essay Questions
1. What conversation does Saucie recall having with Edie in 1960 after she had left St. Timothy's?
2. Who did Edie keep in her company when she moved to Cambridge in 1963?
3. Why is it important for the reader to know about Edie Sedgwick's family?
4. What effect did oil money have on the Sedgwicks in the 1950s?
5. What does the author tell us about Edie's father, Francis Minturn Sedgwick?
6. Describe Judge Theodore Sedgwick's unusual burial site.
7. Where did Judge Theodore Sedgwick's family settle?
8. How did Francis feel about serving in the military during World War II?
9. Who is the first Sedgwick on record?
10. What reason is given for the number of children Francis and Alice had together?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)