|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not one of Francis Sedgwick's daughters?
2. In the 1950s, what became increasingly prevalent near the Sedgwick property?
(b) Commercial buildings.
(c) Oil wells.
(d) Hi-rise apartments.
3. In what year did Francis Sedgwick marry?
4. What did the Groton school decide to do which made Francis go berserk?
(a) Have shorter school years.
(b) Raise the tuition prices.
(c) Admit black students.
(d) Tear down a wing which Francis had funded.
5. How did Alice "Saucie" Sedgwick get her nickname?
(a) She put large quantities of ketchup on her food.
(b) She always behaved seductively around men.
(c) She was said to look like a sausage at birth.
(d) Spaghetti was her favorite food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of attitude does Saucie say Edie had developed by the time she was a young woman?
2. What kind of home did the Sedgwicks first live in in California?
3. In what year did Henry Dwight Sedgwick marry Sarah May Minturn?
4. Who was Gabrielle Ladd?
5. In what position must Sedgwicks be buried around Theodore Sedgwick?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Judge Theodore Sedgwick's unusual burial site.
2. What is said about Francis's desire to be a father?
3. What is the intended purpose of the circular burial of Sedgwicks around Judge's Theodore Sedgwick's tomb?
4. What are Saucie's memories of living in the family's Goleta ranch?
5. What conversation does Saucie recall having with Edie in 1960 after she had left St. Timothy's?
6. How did Francis Sedgwick develop an interest in art?
7. What was Francis's response when Groton decided to start admitting black students?
8. What does Saucie recall about her rebelliousness as a young woman?
9. What effect did oil money have on the Sedgwicks in the 1950s?
10. How did Francis feel about serving in the military during World War II?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)