|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Jane Wilson?
(a) A friend of the family.
(b) The Sedgwick children's nurse.
(c) Francis' mistress.
(d) Edie's childhood friend.
2. While speaking about her family's life in California, what term does Saucie use to describe her parents?
(a) Renaissance people.
(d) European wannabes.
3. What reason is suggested for the large number of children Alice and Francis had together?
(a) Alice wanted to prove she could have more children than anyone else.
(b) Alice and Francis did not believe in birth control.
(c) Alice came from a small family and wanted to have a big family as an adult.
(d) Alice was incredibly fertile.
4. The Sedgwick children believed that their father, Francis, carried shame for not entering which occupation?
5. What was Francis Minturn Junior's nickname?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Edie Sedgwick named after?
2. Which of the following seemed to plague Francis Minturn?
3. What year did Edie begin attending St. Timothy's school?
4. How did Saucie feel about Edie?
5. How does Jane describe Edie as a little girl?
Short Essay Questions
1. What story is provided as an example of the amount of pressure Francis put upon his children?
2. Why is it important for the reader to know about Edie Sedgwick's family?
3. How many siblings did Edie Sedgwick have?
4. How did life change for the Sedgwicks when they moved to their third ranch, Rancho la Laguna de San Francisco?
5. What is the intended purpose of the circular burial of Sedgwicks around Judge's Theodore Sedgwick's tomb?
6. How did the Sedgwick-Minturn legacy begin?
7. In the book, what do the Sedgwick children share about their father's infidelities?
8. How did Francis feel about serving in the military during World War II?
9. Describe "Bobbo" Sedgwick.
10. What experiences did Edie have in psychiatric hospitals?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)