|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Francis attempt to have Saucie thrown out of Radcliffe?
(a) By hiring someone to plant drugs on her.
(b) By sending a bodyguard to drag her out of classes.
(c) By telling the dean she was promiscuous.
(d) By refusing to pay her tuition.
2. Who was Gabrielle Ladd?
(a) The woman Babbo married.
(b) Edie's friend.
(c) Alice's sister.
(d) Edie's tutor.
3. How many children did Francis Sedgwick have with his wife?
4. Who was Edie Sedgwick named after?
(a) Her neighbor.
(b) A famous actress.
(c) Her father's favorite aunt.
(d) Her mother's mother.
5. Who did Francis Minturn Sedgwick marry?
(a) Alice Delano de Forest.
(b) Alice Vanderbilt.
(c) Alice Hepburn.
(d) Alice Davenport.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the 1950s, what became increasingly prevalent near the Sedgwick property?
2. Where did other members of Theodore Sedgwick's family settle?
3. When did the Sedgwicks permanently move to California?
4. How did Saucie feel about Edie?
5. What is Silver Hill?
Short Essay Questions
1. How many siblings did Edie Sedgwick have?
2. What does Saucie recall about her rebelliousness as a young woman?
3. How did the Sedgwick-Minturn legacy begin?
4. Describe Judge Theodore Sedgwick's unusual burial site.
5. What does Stein begin book her book, Edie: An American Biography by describing to the reader?
6. Who is the first Sedgwick on record?
7. What conversation does Saucie recall having with Edie in 1960 after she had left St. Timothy's?
8. What does the author describe as Judge Theodore Sedgwick's accomplishments?
9. What is said about Francis's desire to be a father?
10. What does the author tell us about Edie's father, Francis Minturn Sedgwick?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)