|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what branch of the military did Francis' brother, Minturn, serve during World War Two?
(a) The Navy.
(b) The Air Force.
(c) The Marine Corps.
(d) The Army.
2. What did Edie intend to study in Cambridge when she moved there in 1963?
3. What boarding school did Edie go to at the age of thirteen?
(a) Linden Hall.
(b) West Nottingham Academy.
(c) Salem Academy.
(d) Katharine Branson.
4. In the 1950s, what became increasingly prevalent near the Sedgwick property?
(a) Oil wells.
(b) Commercial buildings.
(d) Hi-rise apartments.
5. In what year was Edie Sedgwick born?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Gabrielle Ladd?
2. What state was St. Timothy's school in?
3. What year did Edie begin attending St. Timothy's school?
4. Which of the following seemed to plague Francis Minturn?
5. How old was Babbo when he died?
Short Essay Questions
1. How many siblings did Edie Sedgwick have?
2. What troubles did Edie's brother Minty have in his short life?
3. What are Saucie's memories of living in the family's Goleta ranch?
4. What impression does Jane Wilson share about Edie as a child?
5. What does Stein begin book her book, Edie: An American Biography by describing to the reader?
6. What experiences did Edie have in psychiatric hospitals?
7. How did Edie behave at St. Timothy's school?
8. What was Francis's response when Groton decided to start admitting black students?
9. How did life change for the Sedgwicks when they moved to their third ranch, Rancho la Laguna de San Francisco?
10. What reason is given for the number of children Francis and Alice had together?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)