|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first name of Francis Sedgwick's daughter who was nicknamed "Saucie"?
2. What kind of attitude does Saucie say Edie had developed by the time she was a young woman?
3. How did the Sedgwick children feel about California?
(a) They hated the heat.
(b) They thought it was paradise.
(c) They were indifferent.
(d) They missed the white Christmases.
4. What was Henry Dwight Sedgwick's nickname?
5. How did Alice "Saucie" Sedgwick get her nickname?
(a) She put large quantities of ketchup on her food.
(b) Spaghetti was her favorite food.
(c) She always behaved seductively around men.
(d) She was said to look like a sausage at birth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who encouraged Francis Sedgwick to develop his artistic side?
2. What happened on Long Island that made Saucie break ties with her father?
3. While staying at Bloomingdale hospital, what did Edie do while out on a visitor's pass?
4. What example does Saucie use to illustrate her feeling that Edie got everything she wanted?
5. Which event is Theodore Sedgewick said to have been intimately involved with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the intended purpose of the circular burial of Sedgwicks around Judge's Theodore Sedgwick's tomb?
2. Describe Judge Theodore Sedgwick's unusual burial site.
3. Describe "Bobbo" Sedgwick.
4. How did Edie behave at St. Timothy's school?
5. What are Saucie's memories of living in the family's Goleta ranch?
6. What does the author describe as Judge Theodore Sedgwick's accomplishments?
7. Why is it important for the reader to know about Edie Sedgwick's family?
8. What effect did oil money have on the Sedgwicks in the 1950s?
9. How did the Sedgwick-Minturn legacy begin?
10. How did Francis feel about serving in the military during World War II?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)