|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Francis Sedgwick well known for being obsessive about?
(b) Physical fitness.
(c) His work.
2. Who did Francis Minturn Sedgwick marry?
(a) Alice Delano de Forest.
(b) Alice Hepburn.
(c) Alice Vanderbilt.
(d) Alice Davenport.
3. What is the location where Theodore Sedgwick is buried referred to as?
(a) The Sedgwick plot.
(b) The Sedgwick resting place.
(c) The Sedgwick circle.
(d) A Sedgwick pie.
4. Where did other members of Theodore Sedgwick's family settle?
5. Who was Gabrielle Ladd?
(a) Edie's friend.
(b) Alice's sister.
(c) Edie's tutor.
(d) The woman Babbo married.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Henry Dwight Sedgwick marry Sarah May Minturn?
2. What state was St. Timothy's school in?
3. How many children did Francis Sedgwick have with his wife?
4. In the 1930s, the Sedgwicks divided their time between Long Island and which place?
5. What is the first name of Francis Sedgwick's daughter who was nicknamed "Saucie"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Francis Sedgwick develop an interest in art?
2. What is the intended purpose of the circular burial of Sedgwicks around Judge's Theodore Sedgwick's tomb?
3. Who did Edie keep in her company when she moved to Cambridge in 1963?
4. What impression does Jane Wilson share about Edie as a child?
5. Where did Judge Theodore Sedgwick's family settle?
6. What was Francis's response when Groton decided to start admitting black students?
7. What reason is given for the number of children Francis and Alice had together?
8. What does the author describe as Judge Theodore Sedgwick's accomplishments?
9. Why is it important for the reader to know about Edie Sedgwick's family?
10. What troubles did Edie's brother Minty have in his short life?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)