|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year did Edie begin attending St. Timothy's school?
2. Which event is Theodore Sedgewick said to have been intimately involved with?
(a) The American Revolution.
(b) Pearl Harbor.
(c) The Civil War.
(d) The Korean War.
3. What sport did Francis insist his son Minty play?
4. What university did Francis Minturn Sedgewick attend?
5. Who was Edie Sedgwick named after?
(a) Her mother's mother.
(b) Her neighbor.
(c) A famous actress.
(d) Her father's favorite aunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. While staying at Bloomingdale hospital, what did Edie do while out on a visitor's pass?
2. Which of Edie's brother developed problems with alcohol and drugs?
3. Where did other members of Theodore Sedgwick's family settle?
4. Why are Sedgwicks buried in the particular formation they are around Theodore Sedgwick?
5. Which of the following was one of Francis Minturn Sedgewick's nicknames?
Short Essay Questions
1. What impression does Jane Wilson share about Edie as a child?
2. Why is it important for the reader to know about Edie Sedgwick's family?
3. What conversation does Saucie recall having with Edie in 1960 after she had left St. Timothy's?
4. What effect did oil money have on the Sedgwicks in the 1950s?
5. Who did Edie keep in her company when she moved to Cambridge in 1963?
6. How did life change for the Sedgwicks when they moved to their third ranch, Rancho la Laguna de San Francisco?
7. How did Francis feel about serving in the military during World War II?
8. Describe "Bobbo" Sedgwick.
9. Where did Judge Theodore Sedgwick's family settle?
10. What is the intended purpose of the circular burial of Sedgwicks around Judge's Theodore Sedgwick's tomb?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)