|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened on Long Island that made Saucie break ties with her father?
(a) He hit her.
(b) He made a pass at her.
(c) He told her she was a disappointment.
(d) He embarassed her at a party.
2. How is Babbo's outlook on life described by his family members?
(a) As optimistic.
(b) As pessimistic.
(c) As modern.
(d) As traditional.
3. What was the name of the property the Sedgwicks bought during the Second World War?
(a) Rose Garden Estates.
(b) Corral de Quati.
(c) Sedgwick Manor.
(d) La Cali House.
4. How did Francis attempt to have Saucie thrown out of Radcliffe?
(a) By telling the dean she was promiscuous.
(b) By sending a bodyguard to drag her out of classes.
(c) By hiring someone to plant drugs on her.
(d) By refusing to pay her tuition.
5. What is the location where Theodore Sedgwick is buried referred to as?
(a) The Sedgwick circle.
(b) A Sedgwick pie.
(c) The Sedgwick resting place.
(d) The Sedgwick plot.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what position did the first Sedgewick on record serve in the Massachusetts Bay colony?
2. What did Edie avoid even though she enjoyed hanging around intellectuals?
3. Who is the author of Edie: An American Biography?
4. What kind of attitude does Saucie say Edie had developed by the time she was a young woman?
5. What sport did Francis insist his son Minty play?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did life change for the Sedgwicks when they moved to their third ranch, Rancho la Laguna de San Francisco?
2. How did Edie behave at St. Timothy's school?
3. How did the Sedgwick-Minturn legacy begin?
4. What conversation does Saucie recall having with Edie in 1960 after she had left St. Timothy's?
5. How did Francis Sedgwick develop an interest in art?
6. What reason is given for the number of children Francis and Alice had together?
7. Describe "Bobbo" Sedgwick.
8. What was Francis's response when Groton decided to start admitting black students?
9. How did Francis feel about serving in the military during World War II?
10. What story is provided as an example of the amount of pressure Francis put upon his children?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)