|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Henry Dwight Sedgwick marry Sarah May Minturn?
2. In the book, Edie: An American Biography who helps to tell the story of the Sedgwick ancestors?
(a) Sedgwick family members.
(b) College professors.
(c) 1960s historians.
(d) The media.
3. What was Henry Dwight Sedgwick's nickname?
4. What artistic vocation did Francis Sedgwick devote himself to?
(a) Interior design.
5. In the Sedgwick family home, what was a "round up"?
(a) A hunting trip.
(b) A horse race.
(c) A picnic.
(d) A night of board games.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Sedgwicks permanently move to California?
2. What were the group of gays Edie fell in with at Harvard referred to as?
3. What were many of the artworks Francis created inspired by?
4. What boarding school did Edie go to at the age of thirteen?
5. In what position must Sedgwicks be buried around Theodore Sedgwick?
Short Essay Questions
1. What experiences did Edie have in psychiatric hospitals?
2. Who did Edie keep in her company when she moved to Cambridge in 1963?
3. What does Stein begin book her book, Edie: An American Biography by describing to the reader?
4. How did Francis feel about serving in the military during World War II?
5. What reason is given for the number of children Francis and Alice had together?
6. In the book, what do the Sedgwick children share about their father's infidelities?
7. Where did Judge Theodore Sedgwick's family settle?
8. Why is it important for the reader to know about Edie Sedgwick's family?
9. What does the author describe as Judge Theodore Sedgwick's accomplishments?
10. How did Francis Sedgwick develop an interest in art?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)