|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Gabrielle Ladd?
(a) Edie's tutor.
(b) Edie's friend.
(c) The woman Babbo married.
(d) Alice's sister.
2. How did Francis attempt to have Saucie thrown out of Radcliffe?
(a) By sending a bodyguard to drag her out of classes.
(b) By hiring someone to plant drugs on her.
(c) By telling the dean she was promiscuous.
(d) By refusing to pay her tuition.
3. What is Babbo Sedgwick said to have liked to read?
(a) Classic literature.
(c) The Bible.
(d) The newspaper.
4. What year did Edie begin attending St. Timothy's school?
5. What sport did Francis insist his son Minty play?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of attitude does Saucie say Edie had developed by the time she was a young woman?
2. Who was Jane Wilson?
3. How did Alice "Saucie" Sedgwick get her nickname?
4. What university did Francis Minturn Sedgewick attend?
5. Who encouraged Francis Sedgwick to develop his artistic side?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the author describe as Judge Theodore Sedgwick's accomplishments?
2. How did Francis Sedgwick develop an interest in art?
3. How many siblings did Edie Sedgwick have?
4. What are Saucie's memories of living in the family's Goleta ranch?
5. How did Edie behave at St. Timothy's school?
6. What story is provided as an example of the amount of pressure Francis put upon his children?
7. How did Francis feel about serving in the military during World War II?
8. How did the Sedgwick-Minturn legacy begin?
9. What is the intended purpose of the circular burial of Sedgwicks around Judge's Theodore Sedgwick's tomb?
10. What effect did oil money have on the Sedgwicks in the 1950s?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)