|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what secret do the Sedgwick children recall discovering about their father?
(a) His real age.
(b) That he wore a wig.
(c) The fortune he lost.
(d) His infidelities.
2. How did Alice "Saucie" Sedgwick get her nickname?
(a) She put large quantities of ketchup on her food.
(b) She always behaved seductively around men.
(c) She was said to look like a sausage at birth.
(d) Spaghetti was her favorite food.
3. Which of the following is not one of Francis Sedgwick's daughters?
4. In what year was Francis Minturn Sedgewick born?
5. When did the Sedgwicks permanently move to California?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Francis Sedgwick marry?
2. In which European city did Edie and Francis have a fight in a hotel room?
3. How did Minty die?
4. What kind of attitude does Saucie say Edie had developed by the time she was a young woman?
5. What were many of the artworks Francis created inspired by?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it important for the reader to know about Edie Sedgwick's family?
2. What troubles did Edie's brother Minty have in his short life?
3. What does Saucie recall about her rebelliousness as a young woman?
4. What is said about Francis's desire to be a father?
5. What are Saucie's memories of living in the family's Goleta ranch?
6. What does Stein begin book her book, Edie: An American Biography by describing to the reader?
7. What effect did oil money have on the Sedgwicks in the 1950s?
8. What does the author tell us about Edie's father, Francis Minturn Sedgwick?
9. Describe Judge Theodore Sedgwick's unusual burial site.
10. How did Edie behave at St. Timothy's school?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)