|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Francis Sedgwick marry?
2. Who believes that Francis Sedgwick never had any interest in having children?
(a) Saucie Sedgwick.
(b) Susanna Sedgwick.
(c) Jonathan Sedgwick.
(d) Jean Stein.
3. Why are Sedgwicks buried in the particular formation they are around Theodore Sedgwick?
(a) To allow for his descendants to be buried in an already full graveyard.
(b) To create a memorable monument for the Sedgwick family.
(c) So they can arise together on Judgement day.
(d) Theodore thought it would be visually striking.
4. How did Alice "Saucie" Sedgwick get her nickname?
(a) Spaghetti was her favorite food.
(b) She put large quantities of ketchup on her food.
(c) She was said to look like a sausage at birth.
(d) She always behaved seductively around men.
5. In the 1950s, what became increasingly prevalent near the Sedgwick property?
(a) Oil wells.
(b) Commercial buildings.
(d) Hi-rise apartments.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was Francis Minturn Sedgewick born?
2. Where did other members of Theodore Sedgwick's family settle?
3. What was Henry Dwight Sedgwick's nickname?
4. What distinguished position did Theodore Sedgwick eventually reach in his career?
5. In what branch of the military did Francis' brother, Minturn, serve during World War Two?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the intended purpose of the circular burial of Sedgwicks around Judge's Theodore Sedgwick's tomb?
2. What does the author tell us about Edie's father, Francis Minturn Sedgwick?
3. What happened when Edie went home to visit her family at Christmas in 1966?
4. What is said about Edie's relationship with Bob Dylan?
5. What does Gerard Malanga say about Warhol's films?
6. What is said about Francis's desire to be a father?
7. How did Francis feel about serving in the military during World War II?
8. How did Edie behave at St. Timothy's school?
9. How was Edie received by the press?
10. How was Edie's health when she was admitted to Bellevue hospital in the late 1960s?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)