|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While staying at Bloomingdale hospital, what did Edie do while out on a visitor's pass?
(a) She stole a car.
(b) She got married.
(c) She tried to run away.
(d) She got an abortion.
2. What is the location where Theodore Sedgwick is buried referred to as?
(a) A Sedgwick pie.
(b) The Sedgwick plot.
(c) The Sedgwick circle.
(d) The Sedgwick resting place.
3. What adorns Theodore Sedgwick's grave?
(a) An obelisk.
(b) A cross.
(c) A bird bath.
(d) An alpha and an omega symbol.
4. In the Sedgwick family home, what was a "round up"?
(a) A night of board games.
(b) A hunting trip.
(c) A horse race.
(d) A picnic.
5. What artistic vocation did Francis Sedgwick devote himself to?
(a) Interior design.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Babbo when he died?
2. Who did Saucie think was the prettiest of her sisters?
3. Which of the following is not one of Francis Sedgwick's daughters?
4. Who is Lily Saarinen?
5. What sport did Francis insist his son Minty play?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Francis Sedgwick develop an interest in art?
2. What story is provided as an example of the amount of pressure Francis put upon his children?
3. What was Francis's response when Groton decided to start admitting black students?
4. What impression does Jane Wilson share about Edie as a child?
5. Describe "Bobbo" Sedgwick.
6. What does the author tell us about Edie's father, Francis Minturn Sedgwick?
7. What conversation does Saucie recall having with Edie in 1960 after she had left St. Timothy's?
8. Describe Judge Theodore Sedgwick's unusual burial site.
9. In the book, what do the Sedgwick children share about their father's infidelities?
10. What is said about Francis's desire to be a father?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)