|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What preparatory boarding school did Francis Minturn Sedgewick attend?
(a) Cheshire Academy.
(b) Windermere Academy.
(c) The Forman School.
(d) The Groton School.
2. What did Edie have nightmares about while she was at boarding school?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her teachers.
3. Who was Jane Wilson?
(a) The Sedgwick children's nurse.
(b) Francis' mistress.
(c) A friend of the family.
(d) Edie's childhood friend.
4. What did Edie avoid even though she enjoyed hanging around intellectuals?
(a) Coffee shops and libraries.
(b) Classic literature.
5. In what year was Edie Sedgwick born?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Sedgwicks permanently move to California?
2. What was Francis Minturn Junior's nickname?
3. What were many of the artworks Francis created inspired by?
4. What event prompted Francis Minturn Sedgwick to have a nervous breakdown?
5. What year did Edie begin attending St. Timothy's school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What impression does Jane Wilson share about Edie as a child?
2. What does Stein begin book her book, Edie: An American Biography by describing to the reader?
3. Describe "Bobbo" Sedgwick.
4. What does Saucie recall about her rebelliousness as a young woman?
5. How did Francis feel about serving in the military during World War II?
6. How did the Sedgwick-Minturn legacy begin?
7. What does the author tell us about Edie's father, Francis Minturn Sedgwick?
8. What experiences did Edie have in psychiatric hospitals?
9. Who did Edie keep in her company when she moved to Cambridge in 1963?
10. What effect did oil money have on the Sedgwicks in the 1950s?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)