|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Francis attempt to have Saucie thrown out of Radcliffe?
(a) By sending a bodyguard to drag her out of classes.
(b) By hiring someone to plant drugs on her.
(c) By refusing to pay her tuition.
(d) By telling the dean she was promiscuous.
2. Who was Jane Wilson?
(a) The Sedgwick children's nurse.
(b) A friend of the family.
(c) Edie's childhood friend.
(d) Francis' mistress.
3. Which "first" is Theodore Sedgwick credited with?
(a) The first to battle for a black woman's freedom in court.
(b) The first to climb Mt. Everest.
(c) The first to fly a plane in combat.
(d) The first to sign The Declaration of Independence.
4. What was Henry Dwight Sedgwick's nickname?
5. How did the Sedgwick children feel about California?
(a) They missed the white Christmases.
(b) They hated the heat.
(c) They were indifferent.
(d) They thought it was paradise.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Edie start to get in trouble for doing while at St. Timothy's school?
2. What was the name of the property the Sedgwicks bought during the Second World War?
3. Who believes that Francis Sedgwick never had any interest in having children?
4. What was Edie Sedgwick's full first name?
5. Who was Edie Sedgwick named after?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who did Edie stay with in New York after leaving Cambridge?
2. What does Gerard Malanga say about Warhol's films?
3. What did Edie eventually decide was the best way to deal with her drug problems?
4. What is said about Edie's relationship with Bob Dylan?
5. Where did Judge Theodore Sedgwick's family settle?
6. How did Bobby Sedgwick die?
7. How did Edie meet Andy Warhol?
8. What does Saucie recall about her rebelliousness as a young woman?
9. Describe "Bobbo" Sedgwick.
10. What does the author tell us about Edie's father, Francis Minturn Sedgwick?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)