|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Gabrielle Ladd?
(a) Edie's tutor.
(b) Edie's friend.
(c) Alice's sister.
(d) The woman Babbo married.
2. What state was St. Timothy's school in?
(b) New York.
(c) New Hampshire.
3. How many children did Francis Sedgwick have with his wife?
4. In what year did Francis Sedgwick marry?
5. How is Babbo's outlook on life described by his family members?
(a) As modern.
(b) As traditional.
(c) As pessimistic.
(d) As optimistic.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Babbo when he died?
2. Where did other members of Theodore Sedgwick's family settle?
3. When did the Sedgwicks permanently move to California?
4. What kind of home did the Sedgwicks first live in in California?
5. What is the first name of Francis Sedgwick's daughter who was nicknamed "Saucie"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the author tell us about Edie's father, Francis Minturn Sedgwick?
2. How did Edie behave at St. Timothy's school?
3. In the book, what do the Sedgwick children share about their father's infidelities?
4. What experiences did Edie have in psychiatric hospitals?
5. What does Stein begin book her book, Edie: An American Biography by describing to the reader?
6. What conversation does Saucie recall having with Edie in 1960 after she had left St. Timothy's?
7. What story is provided as an example of the amount of pressure Francis put upon his children?
8. Why is it important for the reader to know about Edie Sedgwick's family?
9. Describe Judge Theodore Sedgwick's unusual burial site.
10. What are Saucie's memories of living in the family's Goleta ranch?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)