|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what position must Sedgwicks be buried around Theodore Sedgwick?
(a) With their feet facing him.
(b) Side by side.
(c) With their heads closest to his head.
(d) With their heads at his feet.
2. Who encouraged Francis Sedgwick to develop his artistic side?
(a) His wife.
(b) His parents.
(c) His co-workers.
(d) His Harvard professors.
3. Who did Saucie think was the prettiest of her sisters?
4. What reason is suggested for the large number of children Alice and Francis had together?
(a) Alice wanted to prove she could have more children than anyone else.
(b) Alice and Francis did not believe in birth control.
(c) Alice was incredibly fertile.
(d) Alice came from a small family and wanted to have a big family as an adult.
5. When did the Sedgwicks permanently move to California?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Edie's brother developed problems with alcohol and drugs?
2. While speaking about her family's life in California, what term does Saucie use to describe her parents?
3. How did Saucie feel about Edie?
4. How many acres was the new property that the Sedgwicks bought in the 1950s?
5. What disease did Edie suffer from which led to her being taken out of boarding school?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who did Edie keep in her company when she moved to Cambridge in 1963?
2. What is the intended purpose of the circular burial of Sedgwicks around Judge's Theodore Sedgwick's tomb?
3. Describe Judge Theodore Sedgwick's unusual burial site.
4. How did the Sedgwick-Minturn legacy begin?
5. How did Francis Sedgwick develop an interest in art?
6. What was Francis's response when Groton decided to start admitting black students?
7. What does the author describe as Judge Theodore Sedgwick's accomplishments?
8. What are Saucie's memories of living in the family's Goleta ranch?
9. What effect did oil money have on the Sedgwicks in the 1950s?
10. Describe "Bobbo" Sedgwick.
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)