|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the 1930s, the Sedgwicks divided their time between Long Island and which place?
(a) Las Vegas.
(d) Santa Barbara.
2. What state was St. Timothy's school in?
(a) New Hampshire.
(b) New York.
3. Why are Sedgwicks buried in the particular formation they are around Theodore Sedgwick?
(a) To create a memorable monument for the Sedgwick family.
(b) To allow for his descendants to be buried in an already full graveyard.
(c) So they can arise together on Judgement day.
(d) Theodore thought it would be visually striking.
4. How old was Babbo when he died?
(a) One hundred years old.
(b) Seventy-five years old.
(c) Eighty-one years old.
(d) Ninety-five years old.
5. What artistic vocation did Francis Sedgwick devote himself to?
(b) Interior design.
6. What were the group of gays Edie fell in with at Harvard referred to as?
(a) Dancing Queens.
(b) Gay Guys.
(c) Harvard Homosexuals.
(d) Nitroglycerin Queens.
7. While speaking about her family's life in California, what term does Saucie use to describe her parents?
(a) Renaissance people.
(c) European wannabes.
8. Which event is Theodore Sedgewick said to have been intimately involved with?
(a) The Korean War.
(b) The American Revolution.
(c) The Civil War.
(d) Pearl Harbor.
9. While staying at Bloomingdale hospital, what did Edie do while out on a visitor's pass?
(a) She stole a car.
(b) She tried to run away.
(c) She got married.
(d) She got an abortion.
10. Where did Theodore Sedgwick live?
(c) New York.
11. What example does Saucie use to illustrate her feeling that Edie got everything she wanted?
(a) Edie being given a pony.
(b) Edie being allowed to drive her father's Mercedes.
(c) Edie having access to her father's bank account.
(d) Edie being able to decide what school she attended.
12. What did Edie start to get in trouble for doing while at St. Timothy's school?
(a) Promiscuous behavior.
(b) Wearing the wrong clothing.
13. In what position did the first Sedgewick on record serve in the Massachusetts Bay colony?
(b) Major General.
14. In the 1950s, what became increasingly prevalent near the Sedgwick property?
(a) Commercial buildings.
(b) Oil wells.
(d) Hi-rise apartments.
15. How did the Sedgwick children feel about California?
(a) They were indifferent.
(b) They thought it was paradise.
(c) They hated the heat.
(d) They missed the white Christmases.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Francis Minturn Junior's nickname?
2. In what year did Francis Sedgwick marry?
3. What adorns Theodore Sedgwick's grave?
4. In what year was Edie Sedgwick born?
5. Which "first" is Theodore Sedgwick credited with?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)