|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children did Francis Sedgwick have with his wife?
2. What university did Francis Minturn Sedgewick attend?
3. Who was Gabrielle Ladd?
(a) Edie's tutor.
(b) The woman Babbo married.
(c) Alice's sister.
(d) Edie's friend.
4. How old was Babbo when he died?
(a) One hundred years old.
(b) Seventy-five years old.
(c) Eighty-one years old.
(d) Ninety-five years old.
5. What happened on Long Island that made Saucie break ties with her father?
(a) He hit her.
(b) He embarassed her at a party.
(c) He told her she was a disappointment.
(d) He made a pass at her.
6. Who is the author of Edie: An American Biography?
(a) Michael Post.
(b) Edie Sedgwick.
(c) Jean Stein.
(d) Katharine Branson.
7. What were the group of gays Edie fell in with at Harvard referred to as?
(a) Nitroglycerin Queens.
(b) Harvard Homosexuals.
(c) Gay Guys.
(d) Dancing Queens.
8. Which of the following was a sign that life had changed for the Sedgwicks when they moved to their third home in California?
(a) The butler served the family at the table.
(b) Edie was given hand-me-downs to wear.
(c) Edie's parents were around less.
(d) There were more horses to ride.
9. What was Henry Dwight Sedgwick's nickname?
10. Who believes that Francis Sedgwick never had any interest in having children?
(a) Jonathan Sedgwick.
(b) Saucie Sedgwick.
(c) Jean Stein.
(d) Susanna Sedgwick.
11. Who was Jane Wilson?
(a) Francis' mistress.
(b) A friend of the family.
(c) Edie's childhood friend.
(d) The Sedgwick children's nurse.
12. What event prompted Francis Minturn Sedgwick to have a nervous breakdown?
(a) A violent storm.
(b) The stock market crash.
(c) The death of his mother.
(d) An apparent ghost sighting.
13. In what position did the first Sedgewick on record serve in the Massachusetts Bay colony?
(a) Major General.
14. What did Edie intend to study in Cambridge when she moved there in 1963?
15. In what year was Edie Sedgwick born?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was Francis Minturn Sedgewick born?
2. What is the location where Theodore Sedgwick is buried referred to as?
3. What kind of attitude does Saucie say Edie had developed by the time she was a young woman?
4. In Chapter 9, what secret do the Sedgwick children recall discovering about their father?
5. What was Francis Minturn Junior's nickname?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)