|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Edie Sedgwick's full first name?
2. Who did Saucie think was the prettiest of her sisters?
3. In which European city did Edie and Francis have a fight in a hotel room?
4. How did Saucie feel about Edie?
(a) She was worried about her.
(b) She was in awe of her.
(c) She loved her as a sister should.
(d) She disliked her heartily.
5. What was the likely reason for Francis Sedgwick's rejection to join the military?
(b) Poor eyesight.
(c) Psychological imbalance.
(d) Bronchial asthma.
6. Where did Theodore Sedgwick live?
(d) New York.
7. What year did Edie begin attending St. Timothy's school?
8. In what year was Francis Minturn Sedgewick born?
9. What distinguished position did Theodore Sedgwick eventually reach in his career?
(a) General of the Army.
(c) Bank President.
(d) Chief Justice of the Massachusetts Supreme Court.
10. In Chapter 9, what secret do the Sedgwick children recall discovering about their father?
(a) The fortune he lost.
(b) His real age.
(c) His infidelities.
(d) That he wore a wig.
11. In the Sedgwick family home, what was a "round up"?
(a) A picnic.
(b) A hunting trip.
(c) A horse race.
(d) A night of board games.
12. In the 1930s, the Sedgwicks divided their time between Long Island and which place?
(a) Las Vegas.
(d) Santa Barbara.
13. What is the location where Theodore Sedgwick is buried referred to as?
(a) The Sedgwick circle.
(b) The Sedgwick resting place.
(c) The Sedgwick plot.
(d) A Sedgwick pie.
14. Who is the author of Edie: An American Biography?
(a) Edie Sedgwick.
(b) Katharine Branson.
(c) Michael Post.
(d) Jean Stein.
15. Which event is Theodore Sedgewick said to have been intimately involved with?
(a) The American Revolution.
(b) Pearl Harbor.
(c) The Civil War.
(d) The Korean War.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Sedgwicks buried in the particular formation they are around Theodore Sedgwick?
2. How did Alice "Saucie" Sedgwick get her nickname?
3. Which of the following was a sign that life had changed for the Sedgwicks when they moved to their third home in California?
4. What university did Francis Minturn Sedgewick attend?
5. When did the Sedgwicks permanently move to California?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)