|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did other members of Theodore Sedgwick's family settle?
2. What did Edie avoid even though she enjoyed hanging around intellectuals?
(a) Coffee shops and libraries.
(b) Classic literature.
3. In the 1930s, where was the Sedgwicks Long Island home located?
(a) Cold Spring Harbor.
4. How did Francis feel about joining the military?
5. Who believes that Francis Sedgwick never had any interest in having children?
(a) Saucie Sedgwick.
(b) Susanna Sedgwick.
(c) Jean Stein.
(d) Jonathan Sedgwick.
6. What were many of the artworks Francis created inspired by?
(b) His family.
(c) Women he had affairs with.
7. What did Edie have nightmares about while she was at boarding school?
(b) Her teachers.
(c) Her mother.
8. The Sedgwick children believed that their father, Francis, carried shame for not entering which occupation?
9. What university did Francis Minturn Sedgewick attend?
10. What example does Saucie use to illustrate her feeling that Edie got everything she wanted?
(a) Edie having access to her father's bank account.
(b) Edie being given a pony.
(c) Edie being able to decide what school she attended.
(d) Edie being allowed to drive her father's Mercedes.
11. How is Babbo's outlook on life described by his family members?
(a) As pessimistic.
(b) As traditional.
(c) As modern.
(d) As optimistic.
12. What distinguished position did Theodore Sedgwick eventually reach in his career?
(b) Bank President.
(c) Chief Justice of the Massachusetts Supreme Court.
(d) General of the Army.
13. In which European city did Edie and Francis have a fight in a hotel room?
14. Which of the following was one of Francis Minturn Sedgewick's nicknames?
15. What disease did Edie suffer from which led to her being taken out of boarding school?
(a) Alcohol addiction.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year did Edie begin attending St. Timothy's school?
2. How many children did Francis Sedgwick have with his wife?
3. In what year did Francis Sedgwick marry?
4. In what branch of the military did Francis' brother, Minturn, serve during World War Two?
5. In the 1950s, what became increasingly prevalent near the Sedgwick property?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)