|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the occupation of Edie's ancestor, Theodore Sedgewick?
2. Which of the following seemed to plague Francis Minturn?
(a) Chronic fatigue.
(b) Bad luck.
3. Who did Francis Minturn Sedgwick marry?
(a) Alice Hepburn.
(b) Alice Davenport.
(c) Alice Vanderbilt.
(d) Alice Delano de Forest.
4. In the 1950s, what became increasingly prevalent near the Sedgwick property?
(b) Hi-rise apartments.
(c) Commercial buildings.
(d) Oil wells.
5. In which European city did Edie and Francis have a fight in a hotel room?
6. In what position did the first Sedgewick on record serve in the Massachusetts Bay colony?
(c) Major General.
7. What kind of attitude does Saucie say Edie had developed by the time she was a young woman?
8. What sport did Francis insist his son Minty play?
9. How did Minty die?
(a) He committed suicide.
(b) He died of cancer.
(c) He drowned.
(d) He fell off a balcony.
10. What state was St. Timothy's school in?
(a) New Hampshire.
(b) New York.
11. In the 1930s, the Sedgwicks divided their time between Long Island and which place?
(a) Santa Barbara.
(b) Las Vegas.
12. Which of Edie's brother developed problems with alcohol and drugs?
13. In the 1930s, where was the Sedgwicks Long Island home located?
(d) Cold Spring Harbor.
14. What happened on Long Island that made Saucie break ties with her father?
(a) He hit her.
(b) He told her she was a disappointment.
(c) He made a pass at her.
(d) He embarassed her at a party.
15. In the Sedgwick family home, what was a "round up"?
(a) A hunting trip.
(b) A horse race.
(c) A night of board games.
(d) A picnic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the first of Edie's relatives, the Sedgwicks, on record?
2. How many children did Francis Sedgwick have with his wife?
3. What year did Edie begin attending St. Timothy's school?
4. Who was Jane Wilson?
5. What artistic vocation did Francis Sedgwick devote himself to?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)