|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was a sign that life had changed for the Sedgwicks when they moved to their third home in California?
(a) Edie was given hand-me-downs to wear.
(b) Edie's parents were around less.
(c) There were more horses to ride.
(d) The butler served the family at the table.
2. How did Alice "Saucie" Sedgwick get her nickname?
(a) She always behaved seductively around men.
(b) Spaghetti was her favorite food.
(c) She put large quantities of ketchup on her food.
(d) She was said to look like a sausage at birth.
3. Where did other members of Theodore Sedgwick's family settle?
4. Who did Francis Minturn Sedgwick marry?
(a) Alice Hepburn.
(b) Alice Delano de Forest.
(c) Alice Vanderbilt.
(d) Alice Davenport.
5. How did Francis attempt to have Saucie thrown out of Radcliffe?
(a) By hiring someone to plant drugs on her.
(b) By telling the dean she was promiscuous.
(c) By refusing to pay her tuition.
(d) By sending a bodyguard to drag her out of classes.
6. Which of the following seemed to plague Francis Minturn?
(b) Bad luck.
(d) Chronic fatigue.
7. What was Henry Dwight Sedgwick's nickname?
8. How many acres was the new property that the Sedgwicks bought in the 1950s?
(a) 6000 acres.
(b) 100 acres.
(c) 25 acres.
(d) 500 acres.
9. What university did Francis Minturn Sedgewick attend?
10. What were many of the artworks Francis created inspired by?
(a) His family.
(c) Women he had affairs with.
11. What state was St. Timothy's school in?
(a) New York.
(c) New Hampshire.
12. In what year was Edie Sedgwick born?
13. Who was the first of Edie's relatives, the Sedgwicks, on record?
(a) Francis Sedgwick.
(b) Martin Sedgwick.
(c) Luther Sedgwick.
(d) Robert Sedgwick.
14. How does Jane describe Edie as a little girl?
15. What boarding school did Edie go to at the age of thirteen?
(a) Salem Academy.
(b) West Nottingham Academy.
(c) Linden Hall.
(d) Katharine Branson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Edie have nightmares about while she was at boarding school?
2. How did Francis feel about joining the military?
3. The Sedgwick children believed that their father, Francis, carried shame for not entering which occupation?
4. How is Babbo's outlook on life described by his family members?
5. Who was Edie Sedgwick named after?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)