|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While speaking about her family's life in California, what term does Saucie use to describe her parents?
(a) European wannabes.
(d) Renaissance people.
2. What did Edie avoid even though she enjoyed hanging around intellectuals?
(c) Classic literature.
(d) Coffee shops and libraries.
3. What was the name of the property the Sedgwicks bought during the Second World War?
(a) Sedgwick Manor.
(b) Corral de Quati.
(c) La Cali House.
(d) Rose Garden Estates.
4. In what year was Edie Sedgwick born?
5. In which European city did Edie and Francis have a fight in a hotel room?
6. What was Edie Sedgwick's full first name?
7. What disease did Edie suffer from which led to her being taken out of boarding school?
(c) Alcohol addiction.
8. Who was Jane Wilson?
(a) The Sedgwick children's nurse.
(b) Edie's childhood friend.
(c) Francis' mistress.
(d) A friend of the family.
9. Why are Sedgwicks buried in the particular formation they are around Theodore Sedgwick?
(a) So they can arise together on Judgement day.
(b) Theodore thought it would be visually striking.
(c) To create a memorable monument for the Sedgwick family.
(d) To allow for his descendants to be buried in an already full graveyard.
10. In the Sedgwick family home, what was a "round up"?
(a) A night of board games.
(b) A horse race.
(c) A picnic.
(d) A hunting trip.
11. What did the Groton school decide to do which made Francis go berserk?
(a) Raise the tuition prices.
(b) Tear down a wing which Francis had funded.
(c) Admit black students.
(d) Have shorter school years.
12. What university did Francis Minturn Sedgewick attend?
13. What preparatory boarding school did Francis Minturn Sedgewick attend?
(a) The Forman School.
(b) Windermere Academy.
(c) The Groton School.
(d) Cheshire Academy.
14. Who encouraged Francis Sedgwick to develop his artistic side?
(a) His wife.
(b) His parents.
(c) His co-workers.
(d) His Harvard professors.
15. Which "first" is Theodore Sedgwick credited with?
(a) The first to battle for a black woman's freedom in court.
(b) The first to sign The Declaration of Independence.
(c) The first to climb Mt. Everest.
(d) The first to fly a plane in combat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What artistic vocation did Francis Sedgwick devote himself to?
2. What kind of attitude does Saucie say Edie had developed by the time she was a young woman?
3. In the 1950s, what became increasingly prevalent near the Sedgwick property?
4. What were many of the artworks Francis created inspired by?
5. How did Francis feel about joining the military?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)