|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not one of Francis Sedgwick's daughters?
2. What did Edie have nightmares about while she was at boarding school?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her teachers.
3. While staying at Bloomingdale hospital, what did Edie do while out on a visitor's pass?
(a) She stole a car.
(b) She tried to run away.
(c) She got married.
(d) She got an abortion.
4. What was Henry Dwight Sedgwick's nickname?
5. How old was Babbo when he died?
(a) One hundred years old.
(b) Ninety-five years old.
(c) Seventy-five years old.
(d) Eighty-one years old.
6. Who was Gabrielle Ladd?
(a) Edie's tutor.
(b) The woman Babbo married.
(c) Alice's sister.
(d) Edie's friend.
7. In what position did the first Sedgewick on record serve in the Massachusetts Bay colony?
(c) Major General.
8. Who was the first of Edie's relatives, the Sedgwicks, on record?
(a) Martin Sedgwick.
(b) Robert Sedgwick.
(c) Luther Sedgwick.
(d) Francis Sedgwick.
9. In the Sedgwick family home, what was a "round up"?
(a) A night of board games.
(b) A hunting trip.
(c) A horse race.
(d) A picnic.
10. How did Minty die?
(a) He committed suicide.
(b) He died of cancer.
(c) He drowned.
(d) He fell off a balcony.
11. In what year was Edie Sedgwick born?
12. What state was St. Timothy's school in?
(a) New York.
(d) New Hampshire.
13. While speaking about her family's life in California, what term does Saucie use to describe her parents?
(b) Renaissance people.
(c) European wannabes.
14. How did Francis feel about joining the military?
15. What happened on Long Island that made Saucie break ties with her father?
(a) He hit her.
(b) He embarassed her at a party.
(c) He told her she was a disappointment.
(d) He made a pass at her.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Francis Sedgwick marry?
2. What is the location where Theodore Sedgwick is buried referred to as?
3. In what branch of the military did Francis' brother, Minturn, serve during World War Two?
4. In the 1950s, what became increasingly prevalent near the Sedgwick property?
5. In the 1930s, the Sedgwicks divided their time between Long Island and which place?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)