|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the occupation of Edie's ancestor, Theodore Sedgewick?
2. In what position did the first Sedgewick on record serve in the Massachusetts Bay colony?
(a) Major General.
3. What was the name of the property the Sedgwicks bought during the Second World War?
(a) Sedgwick Manor.
(b) Rose Garden Estates.
(c) Corral de Quati.
(d) La Cali House.
4. What event prompted Francis Minturn Sedgwick to have a nervous breakdown?
(a) An apparent ghost sighting.
(b) The stock market crash.
(c) A violent storm.
(d) The death of his mother.
5. Which of the following is not one of Francis Sedgwick's daughters?
6. How many children did Francis Sedgwick have with his wife?
7. Who believes that Francis Sedgwick never had any interest in having children?
(a) Jonathan Sedgwick.
(b) Susanna Sedgwick.
(c) Jean Stein.
(d) Saucie Sedgwick.
8. In what branch of the military did Francis' brother, Minturn, serve during World War Two?
(a) The Army.
(b) The Air Force.
(c) The Marine Corps.
(d) The Navy.
9. Where did other members of Theodore Sedgwick's family settle?
10. In the Sedgwick family home, what was a "round up"?
(a) A night of board games.
(b) A horse race.
(c) A hunting trip.
(d) A picnic.
11. What year did Edie begin attending St. Timothy's school?
12. What sport did Francis insist his son Minty play?
13. What happened on Long Island that made Saucie break ties with her father?
(a) He hit her.
(b) He made a pass at her.
(c) He told her she was a disappointment.
(d) He embarassed her at a party.
14. What is the location where Theodore Sedgwick is buried referred to as?
(a) The Sedgwick resting place.
(b) A Sedgwick pie.
(c) The Sedgwick circle.
(d) The Sedgwick plot.
15. What did Edie avoid even though she enjoyed hanging around intellectuals?
(a) Coffee shops and libraries.
(d) Classic literature.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which "first" is Theodore Sedgwick credited with?
2. In which European city did Edie and Francis have a fight in a hotel room?
3. In what year was Francis Minturn Sedgewick born?
4. While speaking about her family's life in California, what term does Saucie use to describe her parents?
5. What university did Francis Minturn Sedgewick attend?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)