|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While staying at Bloomingdale hospital, what did Edie do while out on a visitor's pass?
(a) She tried to run away.
(b) She stole a car.
(c) She got married.
(d) She got an abortion.
2. In what position must Sedgwicks be buried around Theodore Sedgwick?
(a) With their feet facing him.
(b) Side by side.
(c) With their heads closest to his head.
(d) With their heads at his feet.
3. In the 1950s, what became increasingly prevalent near the Sedgwick property?
(a) Commercial buildings.
(b) Oil wells.
(d) Hi-rise apartments.
4. What reason is suggested for the large number of children Alice and Francis had together?
(a) Alice came from a small family and wanted to have a big family as an adult.
(b) Alice wanted to prove she could have more children than anyone else.
(c) Alice and Francis did not believe in birth control.
(d) Alice was incredibly fertile.
5. In what position did the first Sedgewick on record serve in the Massachusetts Bay colony?
(d) Major General.
6. What did Edie have nightmares about while she was at boarding school?
(a) Her mother.
(d) Her teachers.
7. Where did other members of Theodore Sedgwick's family settle?
8. What kind of attitude does Saucie say Edie had developed by the time she was a young woman?
9. In the 1930s, the Sedgwicks divided their time between Long Island and which place?
(a) Santa Barbara.
(c) Las Vegas.
10. In the book, Edie: An American Biography who helps to tell the story of the Sedgwick ancestors?
(a) College professors.
(b) The media.
(c) Sedgwick family members.
(d) 1960s historians.
11. Where did Theodore Sedgwick live?
(a) New York.
12. How does Jane describe Edie as a little girl?
13. Who believes that Francis Sedgwick never had any interest in having children?
(a) Jonathan Sedgwick.
(b) Jean Stein.
(c) Saucie Sedgwick.
(d) Susanna Sedgwick.
14. What is the location where Theodore Sedgwick is buried referred to as?
(a) The Sedgwick plot.
(b) The Sedgwick resting place.
(c) A Sedgwick pie.
(d) The Sedgwick circle.
15. In what year did Francis Sedgwick marry?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who encouraged Francis Sedgwick to develop his artistic side?
2. What example does Saucie use to illustrate her feeling that Edie got everything she wanted?
3. In which European city did Edie and Francis have a fight in a hotel room?
4. How did Francis feel about joining the military?
5. In the Sedgwick family home, what was a "round up"?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)