|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Edie avoid even though she enjoyed hanging around intellectuals?
(c) Classic literature.
(d) Coffee shops and libraries.
2. While staying at Bloomingdale hospital, what did Edie do while out on a visitor's pass?
(a) She tried to run away.
(b) She stole a car.
(c) She got an abortion.
(d) She got married.
3. What sport did Francis insist his son Minty play?
4. How did Minty die?
(a) He fell off a balcony.
(b) He committed suicide.
(c) He died of cancer.
(d) He drowned.
5. How many children did Henry Dwight Sedgwick and Sarah May Minturn have?
6. What artistic vocation did Francis Sedgwick devote himself to?
(b) Interior design.
7. The Sedgwick children believed that their father, Francis, carried shame for not entering which occupation?
8. Which of Edie's brother developed problems with alcohol and drugs?
9. How did the Sedgwick children feel about California?
(a) They missed the white Christmases.
(b) They hated the heat.
(c) They thought it was paradise.
(d) They were indifferent.
10. Which "first" is Theodore Sedgwick credited with?
(a) The first to climb Mt. Everest.
(b) The first to sign The Declaration of Independence.
(c) The first to battle for a black woman's freedom in court.
(d) The first to fly a plane in combat.
11. Which event is Theodore Sedgewick said to have been intimately involved with?
(a) The American Revolution.
(b) The Civil War.
(c) Pearl Harbor.
(d) The Korean War.
12. What was Edie Sedgwick's full first name?
13. Which of the following was a sign that life had changed for the Sedgwicks when they moved to their third home in California?
(a) Edie's parents were around less.
(b) Edie was given hand-me-downs to wear.
(c) There were more horses to ride.
(d) The butler served the family at the table.
14. Who encouraged Francis Sedgwick to develop his artistic side?
(a) His wife.
(b) His parents.
(c) His Harvard professors.
(d) His co-workers.
15. Who was the first of Edie's relatives, the Sedgwicks, on record?
(a) Martin Sedgwick.
(b) Francis Sedgwick.
(c) Luther Sedgwick.
(d) Robert Sedgwick.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Henry Dwight Sedgwick marry Sarah May Minturn?
2. What distinguished position did Theodore Sedgwick eventually reach in his career?
3. What reason is suggested for the large number of children Alice and Francis had together?
4. What is Babbo Sedgwick said to have liked to read?
5. In what branch of the military did Francis' brother, Minturn, serve during World War Two?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)