|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was one of Francis Minturn Sedgewick's nicknames?
2. Which of the following seemed to plague Francis Minturn?
(a) Chronic fatigue.
(c) Bad luck.
3. Who encouraged Francis Sedgwick to develop his artistic side?
(a) His Harvard professors.
(b) His parents.
(c) His wife.
(d) His co-workers.
4. What adorns Theodore Sedgwick's grave?
(a) An obelisk.
(b) A cross.
(c) A bird bath.
(d) An alpha and an omega symbol.
5. What were the group of gays Edie fell in with at Harvard referred to as?
(a) Harvard Homosexuals.
(b) Gay Guys.
(c) Dancing Queens.
(d) Nitroglycerin Queens.
6. What state was St. Timothy's school in?
(a) New York.
(b) New Hampshire.
7. What happened on Long Island that made Saucie break ties with her father?
(a) He embarassed her at a party.
(b) He told her she was a disappointment.
(c) He made a pass at her.
(d) He hit her.
8. Which "first" is Theodore Sedgwick credited with?
(a) The first to climb Mt. Everest.
(b) The first to fly a plane in combat.
(c) The first to sign The Declaration of Independence.
(d) The first to battle for a black woman's freedom in court.
9. What was the likely reason for Francis Sedgwick's rejection to join the military?
(a) Poor eyesight.
(b) Bronchial asthma.
(c) Psychological imbalance.
10. What was Henry Dwight Sedgwick's nickname?
11. What was the occupation of Edie's ancestor, Theodore Sedgewick?
12. What distinguished position did Theodore Sedgwick eventually reach in his career?
(b) Chief Justice of the Massachusetts Supreme Court.
(c) General of the Army.
(d) Bank President.
13. What reason is suggested for the large number of children Alice and Francis had together?
(a) Alice came from a small family and wanted to have a big family as an adult.
(b) Alice wanted to prove she could have more children than anyone else.
(c) Alice was incredibly fertile.
(d) Alice and Francis did not believe in birth control.
14. What did Edie intend to study in Cambridge when she moved there in 1963?
15. What is Silver Hill?
(a) The Sedgwick's family home.
(b) Edie's hometown.
(c) A psychiatric hospital.
(d) A boarding school.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Sedgwick family home, what was a "round up"?
2. What is the location where Theodore Sedgwick is buried referred to as?
3. What was Francis Sedgwick well known for being obsessive about?
4. What was Edie Sedgwick's full first name?
5. In what year was Edie Sedgwick born?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)