|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event prompted Francis Minturn Sedgwick to have a nervous breakdown?
(a) A violent storm.
(b) The death of his mother.
(c) The stock market crash.
(d) An apparent ghost sighting.
2. In what position did the first Sedgewick on record serve in the Massachusetts Bay colony?
(c) Major General.
3. How does Jane describe Edie as a little girl?
4. What was the likely reason for Francis Sedgwick's rejection to join the military?
(a) Poor eyesight.
(c) Bronchial asthma.
(d) Psychological imbalance.
5. Who did Francis Minturn Sedgwick marry?
(a) Alice Hepburn.
(b) Alice Delano de Forest.
(c) Alice Davenport.
(d) Alice Vanderbilt.
6. In what position must Sedgwicks be buried around Theodore Sedgwick?
(a) With their heads at his feet.
(b) Side by side.
(c) With their feet facing him.
(d) With their heads closest to his head.
7. How many children did Henry Dwight Sedgwick and Sarah May Minturn have?
8. What artistic vocation did Francis Sedgwick devote himself to?
(c) Interior design.
9. How many acres was the new property that the Sedgwicks bought in the 1950s?
(a) 6000 acres.
(b) 100 acres.
(c) 25 acres.
(d) 500 acres.
10. In what year did Francis Sedgwick marry?
11. What did Edie start to get in trouble for doing while at St. Timothy's school?
(a) Promiscuous behavior.
(b) Wearing the wrong clothing.
12. What happened on Long Island that made Saucie break ties with her father?
(a) He embarassed her at a party.
(b) He made a pass at her.
(c) He told her she was a disappointment.
(d) He hit her.
13. In the book, Edie: An American Biography who helps to tell the story of the Sedgwick ancestors?
(a) 1960s historians.
(b) College professors.
(c) The media.
(d) Sedgwick family members.
14. When did the Sedgwicks permanently move to California?
15. What year did Edie begin attending St. Timothy's school?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Lily Saarinen?
2. What were many of the artworks Francis created inspired by?
3. In the Sedgwick family home, what was a "round up"?
4. What was the occupation of Edie's ancestor, Theodore Sedgewick?
5. What is Silver Hill?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)