|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Babbo when he died?
(a) Ninety-five years old.
(b) One hundred years old.
(c) Seventy-five years old.
(d) Eighty-one years old.
2. What state was St. Timothy's school in?
(a) New York.
(c) New Hampshire.
3. What were the group of gays Edie fell in with at Harvard referred to as?
(a) Gay Guys.
(b) Harvard Homosexuals.
(c) Nitroglycerin Queens.
(d) Dancing Queens.
4. In the 1950s, what became increasingly prevalent near the Sedgwick property?
(a) Oil wells.
(b) Hi-rise apartments.
(c) Commercial buildings.
5. In the 1930s, where was the Sedgwicks Long Island home located?
(a) Cold Spring Harbor.
6. In what year did Francis Sedgwick marry?
7. What event prompted Francis Minturn Sedgwick to have a nervous breakdown?
(a) A violent storm.
(b) The death of his mother.
(c) An apparent ghost sighting.
(d) The stock market crash.
8. What kind of home did the Sedgwicks first live in in California?
(a) An apartment.
(b) A turn of the century mansion.
(c) A duplex.
(d) A fruit ranch.
9. While speaking about her family's life in California, what term does Saucie use to describe her parents?
(b) Renaissance people.
(d) European wannabes.
10. What is Babbo Sedgwick said to have liked to read?
(a) Classic literature.
(b) The Bible.
(c) The newspaper.
11. Which "first" is Theodore Sedgwick credited with?
(a) The first to sign The Declaration of Independence.
(b) The first to climb Mt. Everest.
(c) The first to battle for a black woman's freedom in court.
(d) The first to fly a plane in combat.
12. How did Minty die?
(a) He committed suicide.
(b) He died of cancer.
(c) He fell off a balcony.
(d) He drowned.
13. Where did other members of Theodore Sedgwick's family settle?
14. What was Francis Minturn Junior's nickname?
15. Who was Jane Wilson?
(a) Edie's childhood friend.
(b) Francis' mistress.
(c) The Sedgwick children's nurse.
(d) A friend of the family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which event is Theodore Sedgewick said to have been intimately involved with?
2. While staying at Bloomingdale hospital, what did Edie do while out on a visitor's pass?
3. How many children did Francis Sedgwick have with his wife?
4. What is Silver Hill?
5. Who was the first of Edie's relatives, the Sedgwicks, on record?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)