|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was one of Francis Minturn Sedgewick's nicknames?
2. What did Edie have nightmares about while she was at boarding school?
(b) Her mother.
(d) Her teachers.
3. What disease did Edie suffer from which led to her being taken out of boarding school?
(d) Alcohol addiction.
4. In the Sedgwick family home, what was a "round up"?
(a) A picnic.
(b) A horse race.
(c) A night of board games.
(d) A hunting trip.
5. In the book, Edie: An American Biography who helps to tell the story of the Sedgwick ancestors?
(a) Sedgwick family members.
(b) College professors.
(c) The media.
(d) 1960s historians.
6. What kind of attitude does Saucie say Edie had developed by the time she was a young woman?
7. In what branch of the military did Francis' brother, Minturn, serve during World War Two?
(a) The Navy.
(b) The Air Force.
(c) The Army.
(d) The Marine Corps.
8. In what year did Francis Sedgwick marry?
9. Which of the following is not one of Francis Sedgwick's daughters?
10. What adorns Theodore Sedgwick's grave?
(a) A bird bath.
(b) A cross.
(c) An obelisk.
(d) An alpha and an omega symbol.
11. What did the Groton school decide to do which made Francis go berserk?
(a) Tear down a wing which Francis had funded.
(b) Have shorter school years.
(c) Raise the tuition prices.
(d) Admit black students.
12. In what position did the first Sedgewick on record serve in the Massachusetts Bay colony?
(d) Major General.
13. Who is Lily Saarinen?
(a) Edie's friend.
(b) Edie's sister.
(c) Edie's cousin.
(d) Edie's roommate.
14. What sport did Francis insist his son Minty play?
15. In what year was Edie Sedgwick born?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children did Henry Dwight Sedgwick and Sarah May Minturn have?
2. Where did other members of Theodore Sedgwick's family settle?
3. What were the group of gays Edie fell in with at Harvard referred to as?
4. In what year did Henry Dwight Sedgwick marry Sarah May Minturn?
5. What preparatory boarding school did Francis Minturn Sedgewick attend?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)