|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Sedgwicks buried in the particular formation they are around Theodore Sedgwick?
(a) So they can arise together on Judgement day.
(b) To create a memorable monument for the Sedgwick family.
(c) To allow for his descendants to be buried in an already full graveyard.
(d) Theodore thought it would be visually striking.
2. What did the Groton school decide to do which made Francis go berserk?
(a) Have shorter school years.
(b) Admit black students.
(c) Raise the tuition prices.
(d) Tear down a wing which Francis had funded.
3. How old was Babbo when he died?
(a) Eighty-one years old.
(b) One hundred years old.
(c) Ninety-five years old.
(d) Seventy-five years old.
4. Who encouraged Francis Sedgwick to develop his artistic side?
(a) His co-workers.
(b) His wife.
(c) His parents.
(d) His Harvard professors.
5. How does Jane describe Edie as a little girl?
6. In what branch of the military did Francis' brother, Minturn, serve during World War Two?
(a) The Marine Corps.
(b) The Army.
(c) The Navy.
(d) The Air Force.
7. Which of the following seemed to plague Francis Minturn?
(c) Bad luck.
(d) Chronic fatigue.
8. In what year was Edie Sedgwick born?
9. How many children did Francis Sedgwick have with his wife?
10. In what year did Francis Sedgwick marry?
11. What was the likely reason for Francis Sedgwick's rejection to join the military?
(a) Bronchial asthma.
(b) Psychological imbalance.
(d) Poor eyesight.
12. How many acres was the new property that the Sedgwicks bought in the 1950s?
(a) 25 acres.
(b) 6000 acres.
(c) 500 acres.
(d) 100 acres.
13. What is Babbo Sedgwick said to have liked to read?
(b) Classic literature.
(c) The Bible.
(d) The newspaper.
14. What was Edie Sedgwick's full first name?
15. What is the first name of Francis Sedgwick's daughter who was nicknamed "Saucie"?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Sedgwick children believed that their father, Francis, carried shame for not entering which occupation?
2. In the Sedgwick family home, what was a "round up"?
3. What university did Francis Minturn Sedgewick attend?
4. Which of the following was a sign that life had changed for the Sedgwicks when they moved to their third home in California?
5. How did Minty die?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)