|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what branch of the military did Francis' brother, Minturn, serve during World War Two?
(a) The Army.
(b) The Air Force.
(c) The Navy.
(d) The Marine Corps.
2. What was Francis Sedgwick well known for being obsessive about?
(a) Physical fitness.
(b) His work.
3. The Sedgwick children believed that their father, Francis, carried shame for not entering which occupation?
4. What year did Edie begin attending St. Timothy's school?
5. What is the location where Theodore Sedgwick is buried referred to as?
(a) A Sedgwick pie.
(b) The Sedgwick circle.
(c) The Sedgwick plot.
(d) The Sedgwick resting place.
6. Which "first" is Theodore Sedgwick credited with?
(a) The first to fly a plane in combat.
(b) The first to climb Mt. Everest.
(c) The first to battle for a black woman's freedom in court.
(d) The first to sign The Declaration of Independence.
7. Who was the first of Edie's relatives, the Sedgwicks, on record?
(a) Luther Sedgwick.
(b) Robert Sedgwick.
(c) Martin Sedgwick.
(d) Francis Sedgwick.
8. Who was Edie Sedgwick named after?
(a) Her neighbor.
(b) Her father's favorite aunt.
(c) Her mother's mother.
(d) A famous actress.
9. What did the Groton school decide to do which made Francis go berserk?
(a) Have shorter school years.
(b) Admit black students.
(c) Tear down a wing which Francis had funded.
(d) Raise the tuition prices.
10. How does Jane describe Edie as a little girl?
11. What kind of home did the Sedgwicks first live in in California?
(a) A turn of the century mansion.
(b) An apartment.
(c) A duplex.
(d) A fruit ranch.
12. What was the name of the property the Sedgwicks bought during the Second World War?
(a) Sedgwick Manor.
(b) La Cali House.
(c) Corral de Quati.
(d) Rose Garden Estates.
13. What university did Francis Minturn Sedgewick attend?
14. Where did other members of Theodore Sedgwick's family settle?
15. What boarding school did Edie go to at the age of thirteen?
(a) Katharine Branson.
(b) West Nottingham Academy.
(c) Salem Academy.
(d) Linden Hall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason is suggested for the large number of children Alice and Francis had together?
2. In what position did the first Sedgewick on record serve in the Massachusetts Bay colony?
3. When did the Sedgwicks permanently move to California?
4. What was Edie Sedgwick's full first name?
5. Who did Francis Minturn Sedgwick marry?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)