|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What boarding school did Edie go to at the age of thirteen?
(a) Salem Academy.
(b) Linden Hall.
(c) Katharine Branson.
(d) West Nottingham Academy.
2. Who is Lily Saarinen?
(a) Edie's cousin.
(b) Edie's roommate.
(c) Edie's sister.
(d) Edie's friend.
3. Where did other members of Theodore Sedgwick's family settle?
4. Which event is Theodore Sedgewick said to have been intimately involved with?
(a) Pearl Harbor.
(b) The American Revolution.
(c) The Civil War.
(d) The Korean War.
5. What was the occupation of Edie's ancestor, Theodore Sedgewick?
6. What was Edie Sedgwick's full first name?
7. Who was Gabrielle Ladd?
(a) Alice's sister.
(b) Edie's friend.
(c) The woman Babbo married.
(d) Edie's tutor.
8. How is Babbo's outlook on life described by his family members?
(a) As modern.
(b) As pessimistic.
(c) As traditional.
(d) As optimistic.
9. What distinguished position did Theodore Sedgwick eventually reach in his career?
(a) Chief Justice of the Massachusetts Supreme Court.
(b) Bank President.
(d) General of the Army.
10. How did Alice "Saucie" Sedgwick get her nickname?
(a) She put large quantities of ketchup on her food.
(b) She always behaved seductively around men.
(c) Spaghetti was her favorite food.
(d) She was said to look like a sausage at birth.
11. What was Francis Minturn Junior's nickname?
12. Which "first" is Theodore Sedgwick credited with?
(a) The first to fly a plane in combat.
(b) The first to battle for a black woman's freedom in court.
(c) The first to sign The Declaration of Independence.
(d) The first to climb Mt. Everest.
13. In what year did Henry Dwight Sedgwick marry Sarah May Minturn?
14. How many acres was the new property that the Sedgwicks bought in the 1950s?
(a) 6000 acres.
(b) 25 acres.
(c) 100 acres.
(d) 500 acres.
15. What is Silver Hill?
(a) Edie's hometown.
(b) The Sedgwick's family home.
(c) A psychiatric hospital.
(d) A boarding school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were many of the artworks Francis created inspired by?
2. While speaking about her family's life in California, what term does Saucie use to describe her parents?
3. In which European city did Edie and Francis have a fight in a hotel room?
4. What was Francis Sedgwick well known for being obsessive about?
5. Which of Edie's brother developed problems with alcohol and drugs?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)