|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Gabrielle Ladd?
(a) The woman Babbo married.
(b) Alice's sister.
(c) Edie's friend.
(d) Edie's tutor.
2. What university did Francis Minturn Sedgewick attend?
3. How did Francis attempt to have Saucie thrown out of Radcliffe?
(a) By sending a bodyguard to drag her out of classes.
(b) By hiring someone to plant drugs on her.
(c) By telling the dean she was promiscuous.
(d) By refusing to pay her tuition.
4. How did Francis feel about joining the military?
5. What artistic vocation did Francis Sedgwick devote himself to?
(d) Interior design.
6. In what position did the first Sedgewick on record serve in the Massachusetts Bay colony?
(d) Major General.
7. When did the Sedgwicks permanently move to California?
8. What preparatory boarding school did Francis Minturn Sedgewick attend?
(a) The Forman School.
(b) The Groton School.
(c) Windermere Academy.
(d) Cheshire Academy.
9. While staying at Bloomingdale hospital, what did Edie do while out on a visitor's pass?
(a) She got married.
(b) She stole a car.
(c) She tried to run away.
(d) She got an abortion.
10. Where did other members of Theodore Sedgwick's family settle?
11. Which of the following is not one of Francis Sedgwick's daughters?
12. Why are Sedgwicks buried in the particular formation they are around Theodore Sedgwick?
(a) Theodore thought it would be visually striking.
(b) To allow for his descendants to be buried in an already full graveyard.
(c) So they can arise together on Judgement day.
(d) To create a memorable monument for the Sedgwick family.
13. What adorns Theodore Sedgwick's grave?
(a) A cross.
(b) An alpha and an omega symbol.
(c) A bird bath.
(d) An obelisk.
14. What did Edie intend to study in Cambridge when she moved there in 1963?
15. What did Edie have nightmares about while she was at boarding school?
(b) Her mother.
(d) Her teachers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Theodore Sedgwick live?
2. In what year did Francis Sedgwick marry?
3. Who did Saucie think was the prettiest of her sisters?
4. What kind of home did the Sedgwicks first live in in California?
5. What was Edie Sedgwick's full first name?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)