|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While staying at Bloomingdale hospital, what did Edie do while out on a visitor's pass?
(a) She got married.
(b) She tried to run away.
(c) She got an abortion.
(d) She stole a car.
2. In what position must Sedgwicks be buried around Theodore Sedgwick?
(a) With their heads closest to his head.
(b) Side by side.
(c) With their feet facing him.
(d) With their heads at his feet.
3. What is the first name of Francis Sedgwick's daughter who was nicknamed "Saucie"?
4. How did Saucie feel about Edie?
(a) She loved her as a sister should.
(b) She disliked her heartily.
(c) She was in awe of her.
(d) She was worried about her.
5. In what year did Henry Dwight Sedgwick marry Sarah May Minturn?
6. What boarding school did Edie go to at the age of thirteen?
(a) Linden Hall.
(b) West Nottingham Academy.
(c) Salem Academy.
(d) Katharine Branson.
7. What adorns Theodore Sedgwick's grave?
(a) An alpha and an omega symbol.
(b) A bird bath.
(c) An obelisk.
(d) A cross.
8. How many children did Francis Sedgwick have with his wife?
9. What event prompted Francis Minturn Sedgwick to have a nervous breakdown?
(a) A violent storm.
(b) The death of his mother.
(c) The stock market crash.
(d) An apparent ghost sighting.
10. Who was Gabrielle Ladd?
(a) Edie's friend.
(b) The woman Babbo married.
(c) Alice's sister.
(d) Edie's tutor.
11. What were many of the artworks Francis created inspired by?
(a) His family.
(b) Women he had affairs with.
12. In the 1930s, the Sedgwicks divided their time between Long Island and which place?
(b) Las Vegas.
(c) Santa Barbara.
13. In the Sedgwick family home, what was a "round up"?
(a) A night of board games.
(b) A picnic.
(c) A hunting trip.
(d) A horse race.
14. What sport did Francis insist his son Minty play?
15. What was the name of the property the Sedgwicks bought during the Second World War?
(a) Corral de Quati.
(b) La Cali House.
(c) Rose Garden Estates.
(d) Sedgwick Manor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Saucie think was the prettiest of her sisters?
2. What were the group of gays Edie fell in with at Harvard referred to as?
3. What is Babbo Sedgwick said to have liked to read?
4. What distinguished position did Theodore Sedgwick eventually reach in his career?
5. What is the location where Theodore Sedgwick is buried referred to as?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)