|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Francis feel about joining the military?
2. What happened on Long Island that made Saucie break ties with her father?
(a) He told her she was a disappointment.
(b) He hit her.
(c) He made a pass at her.
(d) He embarassed her at a party.
3. What is the location where Theodore Sedgwick is buried referred to as?
(a) The Sedgwick circle.
(b) The Sedgwick plot.
(c) The Sedgwick resting place.
(d) A Sedgwick pie.
4. What did Edie avoid even though she enjoyed hanging around intellectuals?
(c) Coffee shops and libraries.
(d) Classic literature.
5. While staying at Bloomingdale hospital, what did Edie do while out on a visitor's pass?
(a) She got married.
(b) She tried to run away.
(c) She got an abortion.
(d) She stole a car.
6. What distinguished position did Theodore Sedgwick eventually reach in his career?
(b) General of the Army.
(c) Chief Justice of the Massachusetts Supreme Court.
(d) Bank President.
7. What example does Saucie use to illustrate her feeling that Edie got everything she wanted?
(a) Edie being able to decide what school she attended.
(b) Edie being given a pony.
(c) Edie having access to her father's bank account.
(d) Edie being allowed to drive her father's Mercedes.
8. What was Edie Sedgwick's full first name?
9. How does Jane describe Edie as a little girl?
10. In which European city did Edie and Francis have a fight in a hotel room?
11. How did Saucie feel about Edie?
(a) She disliked her heartily.
(b) She was worried about her.
(c) She was in awe of her.
(d) She loved her as a sister should.
12. Where did Theodore Sedgwick live?
(b) New York.
13. What did Edie intend to study in Cambridge when she moved there in 1963?
14. What were the group of gays Edie fell in with at Harvard referred to as?
(a) Dancing Queens.
(b) Nitroglycerin Queens.
(c) Harvard Homosexuals.
(d) Gay Guys.
15. Who encouraged Francis Sedgwick to develop his artistic side?
(a) His co-workers.
(b) His Harvard professors.
(c) His parents.
(d) His wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Francis Sedgwick well known for being obsessive about?
2. In the 1950s, what became increasingly prevalent near the Sedgwick property?
3. What were many of the artworks Francis created inspired by?
4. In what year was Edie Sedgwick born?
5. How did the Sedgwick children feel about California?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)