|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was one of Francis Minturn Sedgewick's nicknames?
2. Where did other members of Theodore Sedgwick's family settle?
3. When did the Sedgwicks permanently move to California?
4. Why are Sedgwicks buried in the particular formation they are around Theodore Sedgwick?
(a) Theodore thought it would be visually striking.
(b) So they can arise together on Judgement day.
(c) To allow for his descendants to be buried in an already full graveyard.
(d) To create a memorable monument for the Sedgwick family.
5. In what year was Edie Sedgwick born?
6. What boarding school did Edie go to at the age of thirteen?
(a) Katharine Branson.
(b) West Nottingham Academy.
(c) Linden Hall.
(d) Salem Academy.
7. What sport did Francis insist his son Minty play?
8. What preparatory boarding school did Francis Minturn Sedgewick attend?
(a) Cheshire Academy.
(b) The Groton School.
(c) Windermere Academy.
(d) The Forman School.
9. What is Silver Hill?
(a) A psychiatric hospital.
(b) A boarding school.
(c) Edie's hometown.
(d) The Sedgwick's family home.
10. In the Sedgwick family home, what was a "round up"?
(a) A hunting trip.
(b) A horse race.
(c) A picnic.
(d) A night of board games.
11. How is Babbo's outlook on life described by his family members?
(a) As traditional.
(b) As optimistic.
(c) As modern.
(d) As pessimistic.
12. Who did Francis Minturn Sedgwick marry?
(a) Alice Davenport.
(b) Alice Vanderbilt.
(c) Alice Delano de Forest.
(d) Alice Hepburn.
13. Who believes that Francis Sedgwick never had any interest in having children?
(a) Saucie Sedgwick.
(b) Jean Stein.
(c) Susanna Sedgwick.
(d) Jonathan Sedgwick.
14. What adorns Theodore Sedgwick's grave?
(a) An obelisk.
(b) A cross.
(c) A bird bath.
(d) An alpha and an omega symbol.
15. Which of Edie's brother developed problems with alcohol and drugs?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was Francis Minturn Sedgewick born?
2. What did Edie have nightmares about while she was at boarding school?
3. What state was St. Timothy's school in?
4. How old was Babbo when he died?
5. What was Francis Minturn Junior's nickname?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)