|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Babbo Sedgwick said to have liked to read?
(a) The newspaper.
(b) Classic literature.
(d) The Bible.
2. Who was Jane Wilson?
(a) A friend of the family.
(b) Edie's childhood friend.
(c) Francis' mistress.
(d) The Sedgwick children's nurse.
3. Who did Francis Minturn Sedgwick marry?
(a) Alice Hepburn.
(b) Alice Vanderbilt.
(c) Alice Delano de Forest.
(d) Alice Davenport.
4. What were the group of gays Edie fell in with at Harvard referred to as?
(a) Gay Guys.
(b) Nitroglycerin Queens.
(c) Dancing Queens.
(d) Harvard Homosexuals.
5. In what year was Edie Sedgwick born?
6. What distinguished position did Theodore Sedgwick eventually reach in his career?
(a) General of the Army.
(b) Bank President.
(d) Chief Justice of the Massachusetts Supreme Court.
7. Which of the following was a sign that life had changed for the Sedgwicks when they moved to their third home in California?
(a) Edie's parents were around less.
(b) Edie was given hand-me-downs to wear.
(c) The butler served the family at the table.
(d) There were more horses to ride.
8. What did the Groton school decide to do which made Francis go berserk?
(a) Tear down a wing which Francis had funded.
(b) Have shorter school years.
(c) Admit black students.
(d) Raise the tuition prices.
9. What were many of the artworks Francis created inspired by?
(c) His family.
(d) Women he had affairs with.
10. In what year was Francis Minturn Sedgewick born?
11. While speaking about her family's life in California, what term does Saucie use to describe her parents?
(a) Renaissance people.
(d) European wannabes.
12. Who believes that Francis Sedgwick never had any interest in having children?
(a) Jean Stein.
(b) Susanna Sedgwick.
(c) Saucie Sedgwick.
(d) Jonathan Sedgwick.
13. Who is Lily Saarinen?
(a) Edie's friend.
(b) Edie's roommate.
(c) Edie's cousin.
(d) Edie's sister.
14. What example does Saucie use to illustrate her feeling that Edie got everything she wanted?
(a) Edie being able to decide what school she attended.
(b) Edie being given a pony.
(c) Edie being allowed to drive her father's Mercedes.
(d) Edie having access to her father's bank account.
15. Which event is Theodore Sedgewick said to have been intimately involved with?
(a) The American Revolution.
(b) The Civil War.
(c) Pearl Harbor.
(d) The Korean War.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Edie avoid even though she enjoyed hanging around intellectuals?
2. What was Edie Sedgwick's full first name?
3. Which of the following is not one of Francis Sedgwick's daughters?
4. What was the occupation of Edie's ancestor, Theodore Sedgewick?
5. Which of the following seemed to plague Francis Minturn?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)