|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Francis Sedgwick marry?
2. Which of the following is not one of Francis Sedgwick's daughters?
3. In what year did Henry Dwight Sedgwick marry Sarah May Minturn?
4. What distinguished position did Theodore Sedgwick eventually reach in his career?
(a) Chief Justice of the Massachusetts Supreme Court.
(b) Bank President.
(d) General of the Army.
5. Who is Lily Saarinen?
(a) Edie's roommate.
(b) Edie's cousin.
(c) Edie's sister.
(d) Edie's friend.
6. In what year was Francis Minturn Sedgewick born?
7. What is the location where Theodore Sedgwick is buried referred to as?
(a) A Sedgwick pie.
(b) The Sedgwick resting place.
(c) The Sedgwick plot.
(d) The Sedgwick circle.
8. What preparatory boarding school did Francis Minturn Sedgewick attend?
(a) The Groton School.
(b) The Forman School.
(c) Windermere Academy.
(d) Cheshire Academy.
9. Who was Jane Wilson?
(a) Edie's childhood friend.
(b) Francis' mistress.
(c) A friend of the family.
(d) The Sedgwick children's nurse.
10. Who did Saucie think was the prettiest of her sisters?
11. How did the Sedgwick children feel about California?
(a) They missed the white Christmases.
(b) They thought it was paradise.
(c) They hated the heat.
(d) They were indifferent.
12. In the 1930s, where was the Sedgwicks Long Island home located?
(b) Cold Spring Harbor.
13. What sport did Francis insist his son Minty play?
14. What did the Groton school decide to do which made Francis go berserk?
(a) Raise the tuition prices.
(b) Have shorter school years.
(c) Tear down a wing which Francis had funded.
(d) Admit black students.
15. In what position must Sedgwicks be buried around Theodore Sedgwick?
(a) With their heads at his feet.
(b) With their heads closest to his head.
(c) With their feet facing him.
(d) Side by side.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children did Henry Dwight Sedgwick and Sarah May Minturn have?
2. What was the name of the property the Sedgwicks bought during the Second World War?
3. Who is the author of Edie: An American Biography?
4. What boarding school did Edie go to at the age of thirteen?
5. When did the Sedgwicks permanently move to California?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)