|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year did Edie begin attending St. Timothy's school?
2. In the Sedgwick family home, what was a "round up"?
(a) A hunting trip.
(b) A horse race.
(c) A night of board games.
(d) A picnic.
3. In the book, Edie: An American Biography who helps to tell the story of the Sedgwick ancestors?
(a) 1960s historians.
(b) The media.
(c) Sedgwick family members.
(d) College professors.
4. In what branch of the military did Francis' brother, Minturn, serve during World War Two?
(a) The Navy.
(b) The Marine Corps.
(c) The Air Force.
(d) The Army.
5. In which European city did Edie and Francis have a fight in a hotel room?
6. What were the group of gays Edie fell in with at Harvard referred to as?
(a) Nitroglycerin Queens.
(b) Harvard Homosexuals.
(c) Dancing Queens.
(d) Gay Guys.
7. What example does Saucie use to illustrate her feeling that Edie got everything she wanted?
(a) Edie having access to her father's bank account.
(b) Edie being allowed to drive her father's Mercedes.
(c) Edie being able to decide what school she attended.
(d) Edie being given a pony.
8. What artistic vocation did Francis Sedgwick devote himself to?
(b) Interior design.
9. How many children did Henry Dwight Sedgwick and Sarah May Minturn have?
10. How did Saucie feel about Edie?
(a) She loved her as a sister should.
(b) She disliked her heartily.
(c) She was in awe of her.
(d) She was worried about her.
11. Who was Edie Sedgwick named after?
(a) A famous actress.
(b) Her mother's mother.
(c) Her neighbor.
(d) Her father's favorite aunt.
12. What is Babbo Sedgwick said to have liked to read?
(a) Classic literature.
(c) The newspaper.
(d) The Bible.
13. What distinguished position did Theodore Sedgwick eventually reach in his career?
(a) Chief Justice of the Massachusetts Supreme Court.
(c) Bank President.
(d) General of the Army.
14. In what position did the first Sedgewick on record serve in the Massachusetts Bay colony?
(b) Major General.
15. What is the location where Theodore Sedgwick is buried referred to as?
(a) A Sedgwick pie.
(b) The Sedgwick resting place.
(c) The Sedgwick plot.
(d) The Sedgwick circle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Groton school decide to do which made Francis go berserk?
2. In what position must Sedgwicks be buried around Theodore Sedgwick?
3. The Sedgwick children believed that their father, Francis, carried shame for not entering which occupation?
4. In Chapter 9, what secret do the Sedgwick children recall discovering about their father?
5. Who did Saucie think was the prettiest of her sisters?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)