|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of home did the Sedgwicks first live in in California?
(a) A duplex.
(b) A fruit ranch.
(c) A turn of the century mansion.
(d) An apartment.
2. What is the first name of Francis Sedgwick's daughter who was nicknamed "Saucie"?
3. In the book, Edie: An American Biography who helps to tell the story of the Sedgwick ancestors?
(a) College professors.
(b) The media.
(c) Sedgwick family members.
(d) 1960s historians.
4. While speaking about her family's life in California, what term does Saucie use to describe her parents?
(c) Renaissance people.
(d) European wannabes.
5. What did the Groton school decide to do which made Francis go berserk?
(a) Have shorter school years.
(b) Raise the tuition prices.
(c) Admit black students.
(d) Tear down a wing which Francis had funded.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Sedgwick children believed that their father, Francis, carried shame for not entering which occupation?
2. What year did Edie begin attending St. Timothy's school?
3. Why are Sedgwicks buried in the particular formation they are around Theodore Sedgwick?
4. How is Babbo's outlook on life described by his family members?
5. How did Francis attempt to have Saucie thrown out of Radcliffe?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)