|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What artistic vocation did Francis Sedgwick devote himself to?
(b) Interior design.
2. In the 1930s, the Sedgwicks divided their time between Long Island and which place?
(a) Santa Barbara.
(b) Las Vegas.
3. Which of the following was a sign that life had changed for the Sedgwicks when they moved to their third home in California?
(a) Edie's parents were around less.
(b) There were more horses to ride.
(c) Edie was given hand-me-downs to wear.
(d) The butler served the family at the table.
4. How many acres was the new property that the Sedgwicks bought in the 1950s?
(a) 100 acres.
(b) 25 acres.
(c) 500 acres.
(d) 6000 acres.
5. What is the location where Theodore Sedgwick is buried referred to as?
(a) The Sedgwick resting place.
(b) A Sedgwick pie.
(c) The Sedgwick circle.
(d) The Sedgwick plot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason is suggested for the large number of children Alice and Francis had together?
2. The Sedgwick children believed that their father, Francis, carried shame for not entering which occupation?
3. What was Francis Sedgwick well known for being obsessive about?
4. What was Francis Minturn Junior's nickname?
5. In what branch of the military did Francis' brother, Minturn, serve during World War Two?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)